Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,189 members, 7,974,025 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 01:47 PM

Borno Rep Sacks Aide For Hailing Shekau’s Suicidal Death - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Borno Rep Sacks Aide For Hailing Shekau’s Suicidal Death (777 Views)

Babangida Sarki: Kebbi Governor Sacks Aide For Posting Gay Content On WhatsApp / Guinness World Record: Twitter User Teases Atiku Abubakar For Hailing Hilda Baci / Atare Awin: Governor Okowa’s Commissioner Sacks Aide Over Post About Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Borno Rep Sacks Aide For Hailing Shekau’s Suicidal Death by insidenaijasblog: 7:31am On May 24, 2021
A lawmaker representing Maiduguri Metropolitan Council in the House of Representatives, AbdulKadir Rahis, has sacked one of his aides, one Bukar Tanda, for exalting the leader of Boko Haram sect, Abubakar Shekau, for committing suicide during an attempt to capture him (Shekau), by Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP), Newspremises reports.

Tanda, in a Facebook post, had referred to Shekau as an admirable true hero.

Tanda had posted his view on Thursday, on his known Facebook, saying, “I admire and appreciate his (Shekau) courage to terminate his life. He lived a life of a hero and died a true hero. He did it in such a way that not even traces of his corpse will be found.”

The Rep aide’s comment was greeted by a lot of criticism both on the social media and on the streets of Maiduguri.

Many saw it as a confirmation of constant accusations from the military, alleging that some residents sympathised with Boko Haram fighters who have since 2009 killed countless number of people of all ages, majority of them men from hundreds of communities in Borno and parts of the North-East.

Reacting to Tanda’s comment, Rahis in a letter addressed to the legislative aide and titled, ‘Notification of termination of appointment’, said, “I wish to formally write and notify you of the termination of your appointment as my legislative aide forthwith.

“Your actions, utterances and opinions of recent are at variance with my interests, that of my constituency and our great party, APC.

“This letter also serves as a disclaimer to any action or position you took or wish to take, on any matter that may have the remotest connection with me in a person or my office.”

According to The PUNCH, when Rahis was contacted by their correspondent to authenticate the origin of the letter, he said it was from him and that he was tired of the embarrassment from the aide.

He said, “I have always been cautioning him without him changing, but this I cannot definitely take anymore, informing the reason for the sacking.”

Source: https://newspremises.com.ng/borno-rep-sacks-aide-for-hailing-shekaus-suicidal-death/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Borno Rep Sacks Aide For Hailing Shekau’s Suicidal Death by Daveambition(m): 7:33am On May 24, 2021
Judging from his comment & level of perception, DSS suppose don pick that mallam & head straight to their office for interview/interrogation..
But since na their fellow head-slammer, they'd rather blame it on IPOB for hacking his account
Re: Borno Rep Sacks Aide For Hailing Shekau’s Suicidal Death by Bastardallah: 7:34am On May 24, 2021
They are all terrorist
Re: Borno Rep Sacks Aide For Hailing Shekau’s Suicidal Death by TooMuchStuff: 7:36am On May 24, 2021
Bastardallah:
They are all terrorist
I tell ya
Re: Borno Rep Sacks Aide For Hailing Shekau’s Suicidal Death by b3llo(m): 7:38am On May 24, 2021
Family affairs
Re: Borno Rep Sacks Aide For Hailing Shekau’s Suicidal Death by Nobody: 7:38am On May 24, 2021
Northern Muslims are 99% Terrorists

3 Likes

Re: Borno Rep Sacks Aide For Hailing Shekau’s Suicidal Death by olaric(m): 7:43am On May 24, 2021
Na wa oo
Re: Borno Rep Sacks Aide For Hailing Shekau’s Suicidal Death by maasoap(m): 7:45am On May 24, 2021
insidenaijasblog:
A lawmaker representing Maiduguri Metropolitan Council in the House of Representatives, AbdulKadir Rahis, has sacked one of his aides, one Bukar Tanda, for exalting the leader of Boko Haram sect, Abubakar Shekau, for committing suicide during an attempt to capture him (Shekau), by Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP), Newspremises reports.

Tanda, in a Facebook post, had referred to Shekau as an admirable true hero.

Tanda had posted his view on Thursday, on his known Facebook, saying, “I admire and appreciate his (Shekau) courage to terminate his life. He lived a life of a hero and died a true hero. He did it in such a way that not even traces of his corpse will be found.”

The Rep aide’s comment was greeted by a lot of criticism both on the social media and on the streets of Maiduguri.

Many saw it as a confirmation of constant accusations from the military, alleging that some residents sympathised with Boko Haram fighters who have since 2009 killed countless number of people of all ages, majority of them men from hundreds of communities in Borno and parts of the North-East.

Reacting to Tanda’s comment, Rahis in a letter addressed to the legislative aide and titled, ‘Notification of termination of appointment’, said, “I wish to formally write and notify you of the termination of your appointment as my legislative aide forthwith.

“Your actions, utterances and opinions of recent are at variance with my interests, that of my constituency and our great party, APC.

“This letter also serves as a disclaimer to any action or position you took or wish to take, on any matter that may have the remotest connection with me in a person or my office.”

According to The PUNCH, when Rahis was contacted by their correspondent to authenticate the origin of the letter, he said it was from him and that he was tired of the embarrassment from the aide.

He said, “I have always been cautioning him without him changing, but this I cannot definitely take anymore, informing the reason for the sacking.”

Source: https://newspremises.com.ng/borno-rep-sacks-aide-for-hailing-shekaus-suicidal-death/

Good one. This morrron is the reason why many run their mouths saying Muslims sympathise with terrorists. Praising Shekau of all people!
Re: Borno Rep Sacks Aide For Hailing Shekau’s Suicidal Death by Mynd44: 7:52am On May 24, 2021

(1)

Will Arresting NK Stop Insecurities? (pictures) / Why Does The Fulanis Want Everything In Southern Nigeria(video) / Ladoja Asks FG To Declare Amnesty For Sunday Igboho, Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.