Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,465 members, 7,944,308 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 02:17 PM

Money Saving Secrets Every Corper Must Know - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Money Saving Secrets Every Corper Must Know (769 Views)

The Secret Code To Building Wealth Every Nysc Corper Must Know / What Every Corper And Ex-corps Must Know About Their NYSC Data Privacy And Usage / Busty Female Corper Set The Media Ablaze With Eye-popping Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Money Saving Secrets Every Corper Must Know by BeyondDegree: 8:01pm On May 24, 2021
After collecting 33k for 4 months and still broke, I concluded that allawee was blood money.

Before I discovered the secret to saving, I justifiled my inability to save with excuses,
excuses like,
"cost of living in Benin is expensive ",
"my sbilings and friends at home are in need" etc..

But at the end of my service year, I had enough cash to begin my "life after service" journey.

What changed?
My needs were the same, if not more even. What changed for me was the money-saving tips I discovered and followed.

You may think that, saving & surviving on 33k in Nigeria, is suffering? haha.. here is what suffering looks like,
Spending months unending, serching for job, while squating with a friend , borrowing money to photocopy your CV and to buy Coke/Gala while waiting for interview (a job you are not even sure of getting yet).

This is why you need to learn how to save enough cash that would keep you from going broke after NYSC, atleast, until you find a good job.

5 Sure Money Saving tips for Corpers

1. ...To be Continued.

Re: Money Saving Secrets Every Corper Must Know by BeyondDegree: 8:16pm On May 24, 2021
1. Have an emotional reason for saving.
Yes! first secret is to set a specific goal with a very strong emotional reason tied to it.

For me the goal was to save upto 200k.
The emotional reason was that I did not want to return to my family house after NYSC. My thought was that 200k would be enough to get me settled and alive until I find a good job.

Without an emotional reason to backup your goals, a thousand other reasons with come up to justify why you need to empty your account before the next allawee.

And guess what?
It is only when allawee stops coming that you will find out that, these things are not important.

So tip number one, decide on a specific amount you wish to have after service, write it down with an emotional reason attached, put it where you will always see and remember.

Re: Money Saving Secrets Every Corper Must Know by BeyondDegree: 8:41pm On May 24, 2021
2. Follow a Workable budget

You already know this, yes!
But how well did you follow your last budget plan. My guess is, you never followed through as planned.

Listen!
problems and needs will never finish in this life! Money can never be enough; the best you can do is to manage what you have well. You can only do this by following a WORKABLE budget.

Going broke is not an amount problem, it is a habit problem. The way you spend 33k is the way you will spend 33 Million.

My recommendation for a WORKABLE budget
A workable budget;
- Should give over 50% of income to Basic needs (Food, Rent, TP etc.)
-Must make provision for flexing money.

You failed in following your last budget because it was not workable.
Failure to give priority to your basic needs and desire to have some fun would backfire on you. You may end up spending much more on these desires than you would, if you added them to yours plans earlier.

Here is what I suggest
Savings (20%) Basic Needs (50%) Tithe (10%). Investment (10%)
Flexing bar (10%)

To get a FREE copy of this ebook
CLICK
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kMlCHob2lELWqBv_0CKLFVe_zoylwuMI/view?usp=drivesdk

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

3000 NYSC members stranded in Bauchi / Nysc- Need Your Advice / Gunmen Abduct 2 Nysc Members, Friend In Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.