Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,011 members, 7,928,025 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 07:53 AM

Video of Professor Akintoye Speaking About Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video of Professor Akintoye Speaking About Tinubu (1039 Views)

Photos Of Soyinka, Sunday Igboho & Professor Akintoye In Benin Republic / Bashir El-Rufai Tweets About Tinubu And El-Rufai's Alliance / Throwback Photos Of Professor Wole Soyinka As He Celebrates His 85th Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Video of Professor Akintoye Speaking About Tinubu by OritoJasi: 10:41pm On May 24, 2021
Hear professor Akintoye (of Oduduwa Republic fame) speak on Tinubu's Presidential qualification.

cheesy grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI7--k5_iu0

5 Likes

Re: Video of Professor Akintoye Speaking About Tinubu by OritoJasi: 10:43pm On May 24, 2021
English translation for non-yoruba speakers

"I Prof. Akintoye, if I was asked to go and bring someone to be the President, it's Tinubu that I'll pick. Why? Because he has the experience and guts, what he did in 2013/2014 was a miracle and how many of us have ever achieve that?"

Mynd44
Lalasticlala

3 Likes

Re: Video of Professor Akintoye Speaking About Tinubu by LegendHero(m): 10:54pm On May 24, 2021
Tinubu got the balls and not like Afenifere that lost it all and only kept the Yorubas in opposition without no clear path to the center.

If not that Buhari later turned to a bad investment, Tinubu’s feat of pioneering a merger that unseated the acclaimed largest party in Africa from power should be a template for opposition parties in Nigeria and Africa as a whole. The strategy, remodeling, optics, and media onslaught to mention a few.

However, I’m sure Prof. Akintoye already set up his mind on Oduduwa Republic and only answering a question of what IF.

For me, after Tinubu, then Fashola and Osinbajo. One of these three will make perfect sense especially Fashola. He is young, intelligent, comparatively strong, immune to being pushed around, and a go-getter!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video of Professor Akintoye Speaking About Tinubu by AkalaJ: 11:14pm On May 24, 2021
Some people will not sleep this night. Lol. The wailing will be massive.

5 Likes

Re: Video of Professor Akintoye Speaking About Tinubu by Praxis758: 1:48am On May 25, 2021
Time and time are gentlemen that reveal the real man in a man.

Prof. could say that based on the reality as at the time of the interview and I don't see him as giving undue credit to Tinubu or praising him to the high heaven.

A full clip of the interview will lecture us the context in which he was talking. And this short video does not speak for the reality on ground. The agitators have a valid point and constitutionally backed up since they've been peaceful in all their rallies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Video of Professor Akintoye Speaking About Tinubu by optionalY09: 2:40am On May 25, 2021
Politicians Twisting Prof Akintoye’s statement
Re: Video of Professor Akintoye Speaking About Tinubu by OritoJasi: 5:39am On May 25, 2021
AkalaJ:
Some people will not sleep this night. Lol. The wailing will be massive.

You sabi dem wella. Dem don already begun stammer. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Video of Professor Akintoye Speaking About Tinubu by kayusely70(m): 5:49am On May 25, 2021
The video was recorded a long time ago and it's no more relevant. No going back on Oduduwa republic.

1 Like

Re: Video of Professor Akintoye Speaking About Tinubu by Sakamaje: 6:06am On May 25, 2021
I don't understand why some riff-raffs will be expecting an erudite elder like Professor Akintoye to be abusing Tinubu just because they are yet to share similar positions on some issues. I have observed that it is the misguided youths, touts and politically exposed ones among the agitators that resort to abusing people. As for me as a yoruba person, I am indifferent about the agitation because my success or failure in life is not tied to nor dependent on any agitation or Nigeria's success or failure.

4 Likes

Re: Video of Professor Akintoye Speaking About Tinubu by proxillin(m): 6:10am On May 25, 2021
Sakamaje:
I don't understand why some riff-raffs will be expecting an erudite elder like Professor Akintoye to be abusing Tinubu just because they are yet to share similar positions on some issues. I have observed that it is the misguided youths, touts and politically exposed ones among the agitators that resort to abusing people. As for me as yoruba person, I am indifferent about the agitation because my success or failure in life is not tied to nor dependent on any agitation or Nigeria's success or failure.

U think it's about personal success abi. If fulani master catch you, your ransom go pass state allocation
Re: Video of Professor Akintoye Speaking About Tinubu by Sakamaje: 6:16am On May 25, 2021
proxillin:

U think it's about personal success abi. If fulani master catch you, your ransom go pass state allocation

Hear talk. Na so you fear Fulani reach? Why are Yorubas so scared of Fulanis? They make it seem as if their agitation is driven by fear of fulanis. I find that very pathetic. Look here ogbeni, if any Fulani tries any shit near me, I go gun am down, same way I will gun down any yoruba criminal that threatens my life and existence or trespass my private property. I won't ask for your ethnicity before defending myself if my life is threatened.

7 Likes

Re: Video of Professor Akintoye Speaking About Tinubu by Sakamaje: 6:28am On May 25, 2021
proxillin:

U think it's about personal success abi.

Yes, it is for me. Ototo la rin wa. I don't live my life based on ethnicity. That's too myopic and won't take you far in life. More of my own kinsmen have hurt and duped me more than any other ethnicity in Nigeria, but that hasn't stopped me from employing and empowering them with what I have been blessed with. With or without yoruba nation or Nigeria, I will keep aiming high, excelling, and helping people. Any yoruba person that is waiting on Yoruba nation before making something meaningful out of his life is already a failure.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video of Professor Akintoye Speaking About Tinubu by seunmsg(m): 7:05am On May 25, 2021
Baba spoke like a true Omoluabi elder.

3 Likes

Re: Video of Professor Akintoye Speaking About Tinubu by orisa37: 7:44am On May 25, 2021
TINUBU BOUGHT OBASANJO TO SELL BUHARI TO THE SOUTH.
Re: Video of Professor Akintoye Speaking About Tinubu by sammyj: 7:50am On May 25, 2021
angry
Re: Video of Professor Akintoye Speaking About Tinubu by orisa37: 7:52am On May 25, 2021

IF THAT IS THE MIRACLE, THEN THE LAUNCH OF MACBAN IS A PESTILENTIAL MYSTERY.
Re: Video of Professor Akintoye Speaking About Tinubu by orisa37: 7:56am On May 25, 2021

IF THAT IS THE MIRACLE, THEN THE LAUNCH OF MACBAN IS A PESTILENTIAL MYSTERY ON NIGERIA AS A WHOLE.
Re: Video of Professor Akintoye Speaking About Tinubu by Sipsum: 8:04am On May 25, 2021
Sakamaje:
I don't understand why some riff-raffs will be expecting an erudite elder like Professor Akintoye to be abusing Tinubu just because they are yet to share similar positions on some issues. I have observed that it is the misguided youths, touts and politically exposed ones among the agitators that resort to abusing people. As for me as a yoruba person, I am indifferent about the agitation because my success or failure in life is not tied to nor dependent on any agitation or Nigeria's success or failure.

Wa gba iyi.
Re: Video of Professor Akintoye Speaking About Tinubu by Sipsum: 8:19am On May 25, 2021
Sakamaje:

Hear talk. Na so you fear Fulani reach? Why are Yorubas so scared of Fulanis? They make it seem as if their agitation is driven by fear of fulanis. I find that very pathetic. Look here ogbeni, if any Fulani tries any shit near me, I go gun am down, same way I will gun down any yoruba criminal that threatens my life and existence or trespass my private property. I won't ask for your ethnicity before defending myself if my life is threatened.

You will be shocked those wailing Fulani are only instigating Yorubas against Fulani, most of them are not even Yorubas.
Let me share something with you, a lady who normally sells Agege bread to me came to tell me she won't be available during the salah period, she's traveling to Shaki in Oke Ogun area of Oyo state for Salah celebration.
I was like must you go?, what about the Fulani herdsmen?, I heard they are unleashing terror in Oke Ogun.
The lady was like " not in Shaki, I call home every day to know update, Shaki is very peaceful ".
The Lady went for Salah and came back, and still insisted that Shaki is peaceful.
She was like " Na today Fulani enter Shaki?, you better don't let anyone fool you.
The funny thing is over 60% of the so called herdsmen in Oyo state are domiciled in Shaki, so what exactly is going on?.

1 Like

Re: Video of Professor Akintoye Speaking About Tinubu by Sakamaje: 9:42am On May 25, 2021
Sipsum:

You will be shocked those wailing Fulani are only instigating Yorubas against Fulani, most of them are not even Yorubas.
Let me share something with you, a lady who normally sells Agege bread to me came to tell me she won't be available during the salah period, she's traveling to Shaki in Oke Ogun area of Oyo state for Salah celebration.
I was like must you go?, what about the Fulani herdsmen?, I heard they are unleashing terror in Oke Ogun.
The lady was like " not in Shaki, I call home every day to know update, Shaki is very peaceful ".
The Lady went for Salah and came back, and still insisted that Shaki is peaceful.
She was like " Na today Fulani enter Shaki?, you better don't let anyone fool you.
The funny thing is over 60% of the so called herdsmen in Oyo state are domiciled in Shaki, so what exactly is going on?.

My own is just that the agitators should not be forming holier than thou and promoting inter and intra-ethnic bigotry and hatred in the course of their agitation. The only contribution many of them have made towards the idagbasoke of SW and yorubaland is in abusing those that don't share their views, especially online. Many Yorubas have been doing the hard-work of creating employment opportunities and contributing to the development of their local communities all this while without first waiting for yoruba nation to come. Life must and will continue for Yorubas, with or without yoruba nation. We are that resilient. That's why personally I am indifferent towards it.

Anyone that is feeling threatened by killer fulani herdsmen can compliment the efforts of the numerous vigilantes and security operatives already on ground in yorubaland by arming himself and entering the Bush where they hide and go and face them there. Centralizing yoruba agitation for a separate country on Fulani herdsmen criminallity makes Yorubas appear weak to me. The thought of 50-million people being held to ransome by a handful of bush-dwelling 'bororos' is the height of insanity.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Biafra Remembrance Day I'm Totally Opposed Umahi View / Grieving Mother Knocks FCT School, Alleges 14-year-old Daughter Died After Defil / IPOB Protests In Japan Chants British Terrorist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.