Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,611 members, 7,878,771 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 06:23 AM

Diary Of Burgzy (an Abused 10years Old Boerboel) - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Diary Of Burgzy (an Abused 10years Old Boerboel) (2851 Views)

7 weeks Old Boerboel Puppies( Quality n Affordable) / 2months Old Boerboel Puppies Available For Sale / Super Quality 6 Weeks Old Boerboel Puppies For Sale In Ibadan/Lagos (Negotiable) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diary Of Burgzy (an Abused 10years Old Boerboel) by 4lashy(m): 5:01am On May 26, 2021
I'm on a mission to rehabilitate this gentle giant that I have to rescue from an abusive and negligent owner last week. This dog has been abused so much that he is gradually loosing his sight and hearing. I was moved to tears when I saw him, after my attention was drawn to the dog's situation by one of my small boys in my locale. The financial standings of the said owner is way beyond mine, so it is not a question of him not having the finance to care for the dog. However, he and his entire household just neglected the dog's welfare to a level that you'll not even want to touch the dog with a long stick. Foul smelling discharge oozing out from both ears, tons of various sizes of ticks on the body and both eyes dilated. The dog is so skinny that you can visibly count the ribs and he lacks the energy even growl let alone bark. This was the condition I met this dog last weekend.
I've moved him to my house and we are on a journey of saving this dog's life. I will keep us all posted each day as we make progress.

4 Likes

Re: Diary Of Burgzy (an Abused 10years Old Boerboel) by Geepee77(m): 5:08am On May 26, 2021
Feels so sorry for the dog, I pray it get well soon. Following
Re: Diary Of Burgzy (an Abused 10years Old Boerboel) by emman44(m): 5:10am On May 26, 2021
God bless you for taking this up.
Re: Diary Of Burgzy (an Abused 10years Old Boerboel) by Koryc: 5:23am On May 26, 2021
The dog needs attention.
Re: Diary Of Burgzy (an Abused 10years Old Boerboel) by space9880: 5:50am On May 26, 2021
This is so bad no living thing should have to go through something like this I've rescued a Caucasian last year too I did not even think it will survive but he did only to end up dead after 13 months. May his soul rest in peace
Re: Diary Of Burgzy (an Abused 10years Old Boerboel) by Authoreety: 6:06am On May 26, 2021
space9880:
This is so bad no living thing should have to go through something like this I've rescued a Caucasian last year too I did not even think it will survive but he did only to end up dead after 13 months. May his soul rest in peace

As in the soul of the dog?

4 Likes

Re: Diary Of Burgzy (an Abused 10years Old Boerboel) by 4lashy(m): 9:46am On May 27, 2021
I woke up to the continuous barking of Burgzy this morning. My kids and my wife were as surprised as I was that he barks after all. I must say this is a good sign of improvement in his health. Though no visible change in his body structure yet, but I am joyous that he now barks and his sight and hearing has improved a bit. These changes are as a result of series of antibiotic injections and drips for a week now. Also, he eats well now.
My three other dogs are beginning to show some signs of jealousy because of the attention I'm showering on Burgzy though. You need to see the way they bark and become restless anytime they see me approach Burgzy's cage.
A big thanks to you guys for words of encouragement on this rescue project.

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of Burgzy (an Abused 10years Old Boerboel) by Legend2000(m): 10:05am On May 27, 2021
You doing a great job sir
Re: Diary Of Burgzy (an Abused 10years Old Boerboel) by harmargedon: 11:44am On May 27, 2021
Thanks bro
Re: Diary Of Burgzy (an Abused 10years Old Boerboel) by ComrdDRS1: 10:52pm On May 28, 2021
more Greece to your elbow
Re: Diary Of Burgzy (an Abused 10years Old Boerboel) by kaelz(m): 11:32pm On May 28, 2021
Keep it up bro
Re: Diary Of Burgzy (an Abused 10years Old Boerboel) by Maxwellshina(m): 8:02pm On May 30, 2021
Feel sorry for the dog cry cry
Keep it up BRO [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: Diary Of Burgzy (an Abused 10years Old Boerboel) by Teemothymass(m): 9:48pm On Aug 10, 2021
4lashy:
I woke up to the continuous barking of Burgzy this morning. My kids and my wife were as surprised as I was that he barks after all. I must say this is a good sign of improvement in his health. Though no visible change in his body structure yet, but I am joyous that he now barks and his sight and hearing has improved a bit. These changes are as a result of series of antibiotic injections and drips for a week now. Also, he eats well now.
My three other dogs are beginning to show some signs of jealousy because of the attention I'm showering on Burgzy though. You need to see the way they bark and become restless anytime they see me approach Burgzy's cage.
A big thanks to you guys for words of encouragement on this rescue project.

Well done on the project
What’s the update
Re: Diary Of Burgzy (an Abused 10years Old Boerboel) by 981pink: 12:08pm On Aug 12, 2021
okay
Re: Diary Of Burgzy (an Abused 10years Old Boerboel) by ComrdDRS1: 9:34pm On Aug 12, 2021
How is Burgzy now
Re: Diary Of Burgzy (an Abused 10years Old Boerboel) by 1F30M4(f): 3:43pm On Aug 13, 2021
Yes please, how's Burgzy? Thumbs up! Update with some progress pics too

1 Like

Re: Diary Of Burgzy (an Abused 10years Old Boerboel) by ComrdDRS1: 8:50pm On Oct 03, 2021
The guy Don chop am na Calabar man him be

(1) (Reply)

Superb 5 Months Old Black Male South African Boerboel Mastiff Puppy For Sale!!! / American Eskimo Puppies For Sale / Top 10 Most Annoying Animals In The World List (with Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.