Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,232 members, 7,974,123 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 04:32 PM

Abeg,help A Fast Talker,stammerer Or Mumbler. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Abeg,help A Fast Talker,stammerer Or Mumbler. (154 Views)

My Experience As A Stammerer / I Am So Depressed. I'm A Chronic Stammerer! Please I Need Your Advice. / This Thing Wan Spoil My Fine Boi Abeg Help Oo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Abeg,help A Fast Talker,stammerer Or Mumbler. by Akintundexxy: 12:13am On May 27, 2021
Over these years,I've been struggling with difficulties in expressing my self vocally. I've tried many techniques such as controlling my breath,taking a rest before talking,confidence et al. But none worked as I would soon go back to my former way of talking.
I might talk very well while I'm alone or thinking,but when I'm about to express myself,the difficult comes in. This is gradually killing me as people hardly hear what I say..I need help,abeg.

Lala..abeg oo
Re: Abeg,help A Fast Talker,stammerer Or Mumbler. by braine(m): 1:35am On May 27, 2021
I understand you bro.

Most times you just want to get out everything you have inside as quickly as possible so as not to bore people coz of what they might think and how they may judge you aka inferiority complex.

One way to get around this is to fake pride. Be proud, like literally and deliberately. Talk like a king, slowly, picking every word one at a time, even if you don't know what you're saying, don't worry if they listen or not or if they cut you off. Literally fake talking like a king till you make it.

Secondly, quit masturbating. It messes up your hormone balance that affects dopamine levels that ultimately affects how you see yourself and talk. Read that up.

Thirdly, excercise and always look clean and presentable. This is not for your audience but for you to feel good inside and helps your ability to face a person and talk instead of you thinking about what the person may be thinking about or if the person is judging you. You don't want to give room for you to doubt yourself.

Lastly, don't give a fùck about what they may say about what you will say or think. You are only responsible for what you say. Whatever they think is their problem. Nobody is perfect at giving speeches. People will think what they will think of you, regardless.

About the issue regarding going back to the way you are aka relapse, they way to go is to be conscious about it. Make a deliberate effort to practice these things.

Find 5 people a day to talk to and apply all you've learned. Do this consistently for over 30 days straight, as it takes a minimum of 30 days to learn or unlearn a habbit. Make the deliberate action to talk!

(1) (Reply)

Putting U.S. Global COVID-19 Vaccine Donations In Context / China Should Pay $1 Trillion For Spreading Coronavirus- Donald Trump / Most Beauty Experts Swear By These Nighttime Skincare/beauty Tips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.