Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,251 members, 7,887,709 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:40 PM

President Buhari Re-appoints Garba Abari, National Orientation Agency DG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Re-appoints Garba Abari, National Orientation Agency DG (11961 Views)

'Our Version Of National Anthem Authentic' - National Orientation Agency DG / Buhari Appoints Garba Baba Umar As New Security Adviser, 2 Weeks To Go / Governor Akeredolu Swears In His Son, Babajide As Agency's DG, Explains Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari Re-appoints Garba Abari, National Orientation Agency DG by Nobody: 5:55pm On May 27, 2021
President @MBuhari has reappointed Dr. Garba Abari as the Director-General of the National Orientation Agency (NOA).

The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, announced the reappointment in a statement issued in Abuja on Thursday.

The appointment, which took effect from 25 May, 2021, is for a final term of five years.

Dr. Abari was first appointed to the position in 2016

SOURCE

Profile of Dr. Garba Abari

Dr. Garba Abari was born on the 15th of December 1955 at Potiskum, Yobe State. He had his early education at the Central Primary School and Fika Government Secondary School in Potiskum.

He holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Political Science from the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria (1979), a Masters degree in International Relations from the University of Kent, Canterbury (1982) and a MPhil in Political Economy from the University of Jos in 1991 & a PhD in Political Economy (1995).

Over the period of 28 years since graduation, he has taught at the College of Basic Studies and the University of Maiduguri.

Dr. Garba Abari is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Politcal Science, University of Maiduguri. He has taught political economy, International Economic Relations and
Comparative Politics at both Undergraduate and Postgraduate levels.

He has a total of 18 publications to his credit in both National and International Journals.

He is a:

Member, Nigerian Political Science Association, NPSA,

Member, African Political Science Association,

Member, Nigerian Society of International Affairs,

Founding member, African Anti-Imperalist Youth Front,

Founder, Nigeria/South Africa Friendship Association (1983).

He is also Chairman, Independent Poverty Alleviation Initiative (1PAI-Nigeria) and National Coordinator, Anti-Debt Front.

He is Executive Director, Abuja Policy Consulting LTD,

Executive Director, Basic Projects LTD and:

Member of the Nigerian Economic Summit Group.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Re-appoints Garba Abari, National Orientation Agency DG by Xscape1993(m): 5:56pm On May 27, 2021
Nothing lasts forever. There is always time and season for everything under this planet. You can never be there forever Mr President. What a country rule by unfortunate people!

70 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Re-appoints Garba Abari, National Orientation Agency DG by Augla1: 5:57pm On May 27, 2021
All this ancestors wey Buhari dey resurrect self. Nawa oo

18 publications for an academia who has been practicing for 28years?

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Re-appoints Garba Abari, National Orientation Agency DG by Fahdiga1: 5:58pm On May 27, 2021
Disgusting president

53 Likes

Re: President Buhari Re-appoints Garba Abari, National Orientation Agency DG by AlhajiNatty(m): 6:01pm On May 27, 2021
Why am I not surprised. Lopsided appointment and reappointment as usual.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: President Buhari Re-appoints Garba Abari, National Orientation Agency DG by Ahmed0336(m): 6:16pm On May 27, 2021
Allah ya raya ka riko.
Re: President Buhari Re-appoints Garba Abari, National Orientation Agency DG by ictjobber: 6:17pm On May 27, 2021
How the two most intelligent black race in the world came to be marginalized in their own country still baffles me

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Re-appoints Garba Abari, National Orientation Agency DG by optimistfeel(m): 6:18pm On May 27, 2021
Buhari the master class in apointees........why he no select South west person are we not up to the task? Buharitribalistic��
Re: President Buhari Re-appoints Garba Abari, National Orientation Agency DG by Biglittlelois(f): 6:18pm On May 27, 2021
I don't think Buhari personally appoints these people, I think the cabal chooses them, the letter of appointments are brought to him, then he signs them, he doesn't read them at all.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Re-appoints Garba Abari, National Orientation Agency DG by helinues: 6:18pm On May 27, 2021
Congrats again
Re: President Buhari Re-appoints Garba Abari, National Orientation Agency DG by observanc1: 6:19pm On May 27, 2021
Is this one news?
Re: President Buhari Re-appoints Garba Abari, National Orientation Agency DG by Nobody: 6:19pm On May 27, 2021
Ok o.
1 million international email lists available for 5k only.
Re: President Buhari Re-appoints Garba Abari, National Orientation Agency DG by Built2last: 6:19pm On May 27, 2021
Buhari on the beat.

I have said it that Any Southerner that takes over from Buhari has the toughest job on earth.

To undo Buhari's nepotism requires a tough skin.

Once you start removing the Fulanis Buhari has appointed in key positions they will say you are anti north.

people like hell Rufai will remember their twitter handle.

They will forget that Buhari was nepotic and never followed federal Character

25 Likes

Re: President Buhari Re-appoints Garba Abari, National Orientation Agency DG by AbujaAgent: 6:19pm On May 27, 2021
Continue, when I become president. I will put my loyalist and friends in position.
I love BetKING

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Re-appoints Garba Abari, National Orientation Agency DG by taretoofine(m): 6:20pm On May 27, 2021
Federal character commission should scrapped
Keep worsening situation

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari Re-appoints Garba Abari, National Orientation Agency DG by Nobody: 6:20pm On May 27, 2021
No surprise

My only surprise is them arrewa etc that keep evading this threads of nepotism but would come to cry marginalisation of northerners in South when their brothers commit

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari Re-appoints Garba Abari, National Orientation Agency DG by Toscarel: 6:20pm On May 27, 2021
Another abokki

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Re-appoints Garba Abari, National Orientation Agency DG by Blackdisciple(m): 6:20pm On May 27, 2021
For the rest one year plus remaining for APC, all appointments are for the North.

By the time a Southerner becomes the president all of them will be flushed out

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari Re-appoints Garba Abari, National Orientation Agency DG by Franking: 6:21pm On May 27, 2021
Government of the Fulani by the Fulani and for the Fulani. Enough will soon be enough.

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Re-appoints Garba Abari, National Orientation Agency DG by kponkedenge(m): 6:21pm On May 27, 2021
The worst part is that after a Southerner becomes president next, he won't put Southerners in charge of everything, he will still want to play to please the North.

Southerners are idiots who have everything - from education, to oil, to seaport and other natural resources, but can't seem to have control over anything because of their stupidity.

18 Likes

Re: President Buhari Re-appoints Garba Abari, National Orientation Agency DG by design106: 6:21pm On May 27, 2021
cool
Re: President Buhari Re-appoints Garba Abari, National Orientation Agency DG by fk001(m): 6:22pm On May 27, 2021
Congratulations sir.

God bless PMB
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria

Cry me river

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Re-appoints Garba Abari, National Orientation Agency DG by Bobotic(m): 6:23pm On May 27, 2021
All the way from North tongue embarassed cool

Re: President Buhari Re-appoints Garba Abari, National Orientation Agency DG by Franking: 6:23pm On May 27, 2021
Biglittlelois:
I don't think Buhari personally appoints these people, I think the cabal chooses them, the letter of appointments are brought to him, then he signs them, he doesn't read them at all.

The president doesn't sign appointment letters. The Secretary to the Federal government does that.
Re: President Buhari Re-appoints Garba Abari, National Orientation Agency DG by Blackdisciple(m): 6:23pm On May 27, 2021
Enternallife:
Government of the North

Yes ooo

I strongly believe that others are seeing what the North is doing, come 2023 when the south will be President they should also do what the North is doing now and let's see how Nigeria will look like

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023: Okowa Proved Atiku Was Right To Pick Him As Running-Mate - Oke Umurhohwo / SHOCKING! Hot And Sexy Young Lady Got Married To An Old Man / Pandora Papers: ICIJ Unveils World Biggest Financial Investigative Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.