Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,925 members, 7,915,674 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 09:00 AM

SHOCKING!: Youtuber Arrested For Tying Dog To Balloons And Letting It Float Away - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / SHOCKING!: Youtuber Arrested For Tying Dog To Balloons And Letting It Float Away (638 Views)

Woman, 56, Is Arrested For 'Tying Up Her Husband, 61, And Cutting Off His Penis' / Policemen Seen Tying Up A Student For Refusing A Phone Check, In Abia State / Man Accused Of Tying Awo Villagers Spiritually In Imo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SHOCKING!: Youtuber Arrested For Tying Dog To Balloons And Letting It Float Away by Luigi03(m): 8:53pm On May 27, 2021
YouTuber Guarav Sharma has been detained under animal cruelty laws after tying his pet Pomeranian dog to a bunch of helium balloons and letting it float away

A YouTuber has found himself in hot water after filming himself tying his pet Pomeranian dog to a bunch of helium balloons and letting it float away, as part of a viral stunt.

Gaurav Sharma, who goes by the name of Gauravzone online, uploaded the clip of pet Dollar to his four million YouTube subscribers, however he was quickly inundated with complaints from animal rights groups.

The clip shows the 32-year-old and another woman making several attempts to make Dollar float, before they eventually climb onto the top of a car and release the animal, who ends up crashing into a nearby balcony as they laugh from the ground below.

Sharma, from New Delhi, India, removed the video after receiving the complaints and uploaded a separate video, in which he apologised and claimed he had "taken all the safety measures" prior to the stunt.

"I admit my mistake, but I personally had taken all the safety measures. I love my pet like my child. It was the wrong content that has gone out I am also a pet lover. I got influenced by seeing some video from outside," he said, as per Metro.

"I apologise if you felt bad after watching the Dollar video. I won't try such things again. Those who're getting influenced by such things, please don't get influenced. If sentiments have been hurt, I truly seek your apology."

Since then, the Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) for south Delhi, Atul Thakur, has confirmed that Sharma has been arrested and detained under animal cruelty laws as a result of the viral video.

"He has been arrested on the charges of animal cruelty by risking the pet dog’s life via video making," he said.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/youtuber-arrested-tying-dog-helium-24198814

Mynd44

Re: SHOCKING!: Youtuber Arrested For Tying Dog To Balloons And Letting It Float Away by OlayemiAshraf(m): 8:57pm On May 27, 2021
Animal cruelty .... 200 years imprisonment , no bail
Re: SHOCKING!: Youtuber Arrested For Tying Dog To Balloons And Letting It Float Away by odogwu190(m): 8:57pm On May 27, 2021
Civilize country...for here we d use am do pepper soup
Re: SHOCKING!: Youtuber Arrested For Tying Dog To Balloons And Letting It Float Away by Lamasta(m): 8:57pm On May 27, 2021
The dog after regaining his composure will be like nna na me you wan kee to use trend abi grin.

The youtuber should be made to face the same treatment he meted to the dog..

Re: SHOCKING!: Youtuber Arrested For Tying Dog To Balloons And Letting It Float Away by macrodata(m): 9:01pm On May 27, 2021
Balloons. Another avenue to fly to europe grin

Please do not try this.
Re: SHOCKING!: Youtuber Arrested For Tying Dog To Balloons And Letting It Float Away by Heal10: 9:02pm On May 27, 2021
grin
Re: SHOCKING!: Youtuber Arrested For Tying Dog To Balloons And Letting It Float Away by AlhajiNatty(m): 9:03pm On May 27, 2021
I totally support the backlash he's receiving.
Heartless even to animals is way beyond comprehension.
The way an individual treats a dog goes a long in showing how much empathy such an individual has within.
Re: SHOCKING!: Youtuber Arrested For Tying Dog To Balloons And Letting It Float Away by marveangel(m): 9:10pm On May 27, 2021
All in an attempt get 1million views on YouTube
Re: SHOCKING!: Youtuber Arrested For Tying Dog To Balloons And Letting It Float Away by booblacain(m): 11:00pm On May 27, 2021
this is just an intro to the level of narcissism that you will be seeing on social media in coming times.

(1) (Reply)

Two Suspected Thieves Caught While Attempting To Steal Generator In Ibadan / Police Harassment In Benin / This Woman Spiked A Drink With Drugs Targeting Some Men And Unknowingly Drunk It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.