Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,510 members, 7,965,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 07:09 AM

Are Southerners Weak Minded? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Southerners Weak Minded? (2834 Views)

Poll: Are Southerners Weak Minded?

Yes: 15% (5 votes)
No: 54% (18 votes)
I'm confused: 6% (2 votes)
Time will tell: 6% (2 votes)
No comment: 18% (6 votes)
This poll has ended

Are Southerners Cowards? / EFCC Chairman: Yet Another Notherner, Are Southerners Incapable? FFK Asks Buhari / Northern Ambassador Tells Host Country That Nigerian Criminals Are Southerners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Southerners Weak Minded? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Apr 30, 2011
Civility is no sign of weakness!!!

I am more greatful to God that I am from that part of the country where people at least show restraint and appreciate the sanctity of life for if I was from the other end of the country I will seriously be battling to either isolate the murderers if it is clear they are in the minority or denouncing my religion entirely if the murderers are in the majority!!!!!
Re: Are Southerners Weak Minded? by ezeagu(m): 7:54pm On Apr 30, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Given we just had a National election that South Easterners essentially helped hand back to the same PDP many of the political goons in the same SE have relied on in the last 12 years, I think not(to the statement in bold there)!

Who will they vote for instead, Buhari? Somebody already compared Goodluck Jonathan and the South east/south to Barack Obama, most African Americans did not even know what Obama stood for, but they came out in record numbers to vote for him because they thought one of their own would obviously make their situation better in a country where they have been at the bottom for so long. The comparison is with the east, obviously the easterners are still in a Nigeria so they will vote for one of their own to have a higher chance of having someone to make situations for them easier. Or the south easterners have suddenly started loving Nigeria?
Re: Are Southerners Weak Minded? by Sunofgod(m): 7:54pm On Apr 30, 2011
yiboboy:

I sit in the helipad awaiting a chopper to take me back to PH. Along comes one of the military personnel (Hausa) securing our facility, he also takes a sit and we start gisting, from Champions league to unrest all over the Arab nations, we kept chatting and analysing (I found him quite intelligent for a jar-head AKA soldier cheesy )suddenly the station is tuned to a local channel and the turmoil in Northern Nigeria comes on.

I noticed an uneasy calm and silence engulf us both, suddenly our eyes meet and he looked away. In that brief moment in which we gazed at each other I kept trying to decipher what was going on in his mind, shame and guilt for the cruelty meted out by his people towards the southerners? Defiance and lunatic views about being supreme and superior to the purported weaker southerners? I guess I'd never know for my flight arrived and I departed.

One thing kept crossing my mind however, why couldn't I bring my self to hate this northerner, it should be easy, no? I had afterall lost a cousin to one of their so-called jihad actions some years back and here they were killing more southerners serving their father's land. So why didn't an atom of hatred flow within me towards this man

I rather found myself thinking of all the evenings I've spent playing footy with the military personnel (mostly hausas)and other colleagues. Let me also reiterate that I'm not the only one who feels this way. Colleagues of mine also rapport with this guys and we never even think of the evil and havoc being wrecked on our kinsmen by their peeps.

Rather everyone sees the other as a brother, no Yoruba/Ibo dichotomy, no North/South beef.

I find myself asking are we weaker for not being able to hate/kill their own kinsmen in Lagos, Abia, Rivers et-al

He probably looked away because he didn't want you to see the joy in his eyes upon hearing southerners have been massacred. I'm sure he would rather you remain decieved into thinking you and him are one.

I'm sure in the North neighbours (who were also friendly) turned on neighbours because of differences in religion. Islam is a different doctrine that's not about peace and justice.

Bottom line is Southerners need to better understand their true enemy and the art of war. How many times now have they been caught out in the North?

There's nothing wrong with being freindly - but never mistake the friendliness as being real.
Re: Are Southerners Weak Minded? by Chyz2: 7:55pm On Apr 30, 2011
Beaf:

Nah dude, I don't wish to point fingers, don't let fools like Rhino 5dm force your hand.
There is much too much bad blood between the SE and SW, that singular fact is really holding the country down. That is what the core-North used to wrap the vastly more educated parts of the country around their fingers.

My heart really weeps each time I see the sort of senseless quip from seanet that kicked off the current bash fest.

GEJ has created an easy rapport between the SS, Middle Belt and SE (especially the SE), being from a neutral ethnic group he must strive to build the same rapport with the SW and work to stop this self-destructive madness; otherwise, as soon as he's gone, we will be back under the boots of the core-Northern hegemonist cabal.

The main problem in the SW is their jealousy and envy, once they get past that then it'll be good for them.
Re: Are Southerners Weak Minded? by Kobojunkie: 7:58pm On Apr 30, 2011
ezeagu:

Who will they vote for instead, Buhari? Somebody already compared Goodluck Jonathan and the South east/south to Barack Obama, most African Americans did not even know what Obama stood for, but they came out in record numbers to vote for him because they thought one of their own would obviously make their situation better in a country where they have been at the bottom for so long. The comparison is with the east, obviously the easterners are still in a Nigeria so they will vote for one of their own to have a higher chance of having someone to make situations for them easier. Or the south easterners have suddenly started loving Nigeria?

There were at least 16 candidates on the Ballot --- trust me, SEasterners had a lot of other options on the ballot, even candidates from the SE where on that list as well.

That some persons compared Jonathan to Barack Obama does not mean they were right/reasonable in attempting that. For one, we already spent at least 10 months figuring out Jonathan's leadership capacity at the National level, and the previous 11 years measuring his ability as a leader-- something Black Americans were not really able to do with Barack Obama. So, the comparison makes little sense and should not be used as reasonable excuse for why the SEast should have voted Jonathan as opposed to many the 3 other Eastern Candidates on the same list on that day. We are talking here of the "EDUCATED" region here, or are we not?
Re: Are Southerners Weak Minded? by Kobojunkie: 7:59pm On Apr 30, 2011
Chyz*:

The same reason why every other part of nigeria is.

You probably need to direct that one at @Dede1 as he needs you to school him a bit on that.
Re: Are Southerners Weak Minded? by seanet02: 8:01pm On Apr 30, 2011
Dede1:

Talking about common sense, I do not think any sense is common to you. I guess the Yoruba did not fight in the civil war. Even a jackass knew Yoruba fought in war but you. By the way, jackass is better than you. The subject matter is not whether Yoruba fought in the war but on which side. T[s]he first action of a coward is to deny involvement when situation goes beyond joke.  
[/s]
This is another Reckless and Senseless statement coming from you!!
What do you expect the Yoruba to do when they were not the one to Organized  the first coup which all sensible people around knew was Led by an ethnic Group against  Yoruba and Hausas?
What again do you expect the Yoruba to do when they were not the one to Declare Biafra and did not have their Territory under direct threat until Ojukwu the Bingo decided to Liberate people who have never been under Bondage which they dealt a severe blow to?
I have to tell you, " You are o stewped"
Re: Are Southerners Weak Minded? by step1: 8:08pm On Apr 30, 2011
Chyz*:

The main problem in the SW is their jealousy and envy, once they get past that then it'll be good for them.

Yes the SW has many problems but it is not jealousy and envy.
Re: Are Southerners Weak Minded? by seanet02: 8:11pm On Apr 30, 2011
step1:

GBAM!!!
Omo Baba Oloye kare!!
Re: Are Southerners Weak Minded? by Dede1(m): 8:15pm On Apr 30, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Was 1966 over 50 years ago? YES -- FACT
Are South Eastern States still in the grips of South Eastern Politicians? YES -- FACT

So what irresponsible postulations do you refer to there? You are the one here to pretend your side was better in some way for an over 50 year old incident. What about today? Since we are in 2011. What has been done since then?

Being a newtonian does not anyway absolve you from acting today for your own good, even if you did act in the past and failed. Nothing of the newtonian philosophy explains the fact that you seem stuck in some time warp loop, never able to cut out of your 1966 obsession. So please, try using another cop out that actually would make sense!

You seemed to be delusional. Nigeria is faced with ethno-politico-religious riot that reared its ugly head within cities of northern region in 1956 and the buffoonery in you spurred you to dwell on numbers. If 50 years are so significant in your scheme of things, why should a pattern of riots born more than 50 years ago still reverberate in northern region of Nigeria?
Re: Are Southerners Weak Minded? by Kobojunkie: 8:21pm On Apr 30, 2011
Dede1:

You seemed to be delusional. Nigeria is faced with ethno-politico-religious riot that reared its ugly head within cities of northern region in 1956 and the buffoonery in you spurred you to dwell on numbers. If 50 years are so significant in your scheme of things, why should a pattern of riots bone more than 50 years ago still reverberate in northern region of Nigeria?

Please stop trying to decieving yourself thinking you speak intelligently. The civil war of over 50 years ago has nothing to do with the 2011 riots or even the riots of 1999. The current trend can be traced back to 1999, and not 1966. Please get out of that LOOP you seem to be in and try to catch up with reality. The world knows this all has been working since 1999 . . . estimates on the disaster is recorded from 1999 and not 1966.
Re: Are Southerners Weak Minded? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Apr 30, 2011
Dede1:

You seemed to be delusional. Nigeria is faced with ethno-politico-religious riot that reared its ugly head within cities of northern region in 1956 and the buffoonery in you spurred you to dwell on numbers. If 50 years are so significant in your scheme of things, why should a pattern of riots bone more than 50 years ago still reverberate in northern region of Nigeria?

These are the facts people do not know. They still do not know that what is happening in the North right now has been happening even before independence and yet it does not seem to matter to anybody.

Honestly where is the concience of this Nation called Nigeria?
Re: Are Southerners Weak Minded? by Dede1(m): 8:22pm On Apr 30, 2011
Kobojunkie:

You probably need to direct that one at @Dede1 as he needs you to school him a bit on that.

Shut up your putrid mouth already. You forget there are remote causes to everything. Do I need to educate you on the genetic factors that led to your dilapidated body? One of the reasons Nigeria remains in a state of awkward predicament today is because the patriotism that greets the birth of a nation was murdered in 1966.
Re: Are Southerners Weak Minded? by Kobojunkie: 8:24pm On Apr 30, 2011
Dede1:

Shut up your putrid mouth already. You forget there are remote causes to everything. Do I need to educate you on the genetic factors that led to your dilapidated body? One of the reasons Nigeria remains in a state of awkward predicament today is because the patriotism that greets the birth of nation was murdered in 1966.  

WOW . . . you first~! Look, again, 1966 has nothing to do with what happened last week in the North, and this week in the South East.
Re: Are Southerners Weak Minded? by Chyz2: 8:25pm On Apr 30, 2011
step1:

How so?
Re: Are Southerners Weak Minded? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Apr 30, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Please stop trying to decieving yourself thinking you speak intelligently. The civil war of over 50 years ago has nothing to do with the 2011 riots or even the riots of 1999. The current trend can be traced back to 1999, and not 1966. Please get out of that LOOP you seem to be in and try to catch up with reality. The world knows this all has been working since 1999 . . . estimates on the disaster is recorded from 1999 and not 1966. Again, stop decieving yourself with this nonsense and maybe then you will see what is really eating people in all regions in this country. I tried to get you to think why the problem that exists in the North also rears its head even in the East but you avoid addressing that so you can yet again focus on the North as you always seem to in most everything. STOP!

The half baked history you learnt started in 1966.

But the story of these ethnic killings began way before independence (keep in mind Nigeria got independence in 1960)

Some of you just need to change the history books you read and then you will learn to see the world through other people's eyes and be better for it.

Even when the President likened the current violence to the violence that led to stoking up of hatred before the civil war you think he was talking about 1966? A lot happened in this country before January 1966 and do yourself and your generations to come the favour of doing a better research on the story of Nigeria.
Re: Are Southerners Weak Minded? by jason123: 8:30pm On Apr 30, 2011
I have told my SS brothers (including the So called Ogoni man) that we are the uniting factor in the Southern Nigeria. Once we start pointing fingers at the Igbo or Yoruba, that is the day the Southern Nigeria or South-south will collapse. We must remain neutral in this never-ending feud between the Yorubas and Igbos.
@Beaf, your point is well taken and supported.
@Chyz, you call yourself a SS man but yet you point fingers. Until the day Igbos stop insulting Awolowo, there will be no peace. I have been to several internet forums, its the same thing over and over again with Igbos blaming Yorubas for their every ill and yet we all live with them undecided. Do you not sense hypocrisy??
@ Ezeuche, keep it up. You will surely reap the rewards.
@ Op
Southerners are not weak minded but they are not stupi.d. Before any attack, it must be well planned. It's not cowardice but common sense.
Re: Are Southerners Weak Minded? by Dede1(m): 8:32pm On Apr 30, 2011
mikeansy:

These are the facts people do not know. They still do not know that what is happening in the North right now has been happening even before independence and yet it does not seem to matter to anybody.

Honestly where is the concience of this Nation called Nigeria?

Pal, the postulation of the wild-eyed lady called Kobo is truism of the saying that those who failed to understand the blunders of yesteryears are bound to repeat them.
Re: Are Southerners Weak Minded? by yiboboy: 8:33pm On Apr 30, 2011
Na wah oooh! Except for two posters on here, everyone else seems to be going off tangent!

Just got back from a drinking spree with my boys (if I nor type well make una understand) I'm happy to mention I was the only Yoruba amongst the numerous Niger-deltans and Igbos, did we have a blast or what cool cool cool

Where all of una dey see this civil war mentality, I simply can't fathom! embarassed embarassed embarassed

Back to my question, I want to believe we southerners have transcended all these do or die religious sentiment (even tribe differences cheesy ) hence, our prevalent calm even in the midst of provocative actions from our northern brothers. Regarding our frequent vituperation here on NL (Yoruba/Igbo), I want to put it down to anonymity and all the lies both tribes keep feeding their young generation. undecided

I've seen two post(s) on here today that convinced me there's hope for one Nigeria, I was only hoping for one so I guess this be good news!

As for all of una wey dey post jagbajantis tribalism for my thread, e nor go better for all of una oooh! cool cool cool

Off to another drinking bout with my Igbo, Niger-deltan and even Hausa brothers! cool cool cool

Charl.
Re: Are Southerners Weak Minded? by Kobojunkie: 8:33pm On Apr 30, 2011
mikeansy:

The half baked history you learnt started in 1966.
Correction  . . . that would be the half-baked history you learnt!!
mikeansy:

But the story of these ethnic killings began way before independence (keep in mind Nigeria got independence in 1960)
Ethnic killings predate even the comming of the white man. Correct yourself please! Nigeria was no Utopia before that time and it is senseless to think that it become one at some point afterwards and then it all went to hell in 1966. NO, that is not what happened.
mikeansy:

Some of you just need to change the history books you read and then you will learn to see the world through other people's eyes and be better for it.
Well, I would at least that you take your own advice first!
mikeansy:

Even when the President likened the current violence to the violence that led to stoking up of hatred before the civil war you think he was talking about 1966? A lot happened in this country before January 1966 and do yourself and your generations to come the favour of doing a better research on the story of Nigeria.
What President? The very one who rode the wave of ethnic divide to victory last week? You need to get yourself better mentors!

1966 was a civil war but ethnic differences and violence predate that war. 1999 we decided as a nation to, even with all the differences, construct for ourselves a democratic nation where everyone is equal no matter his/her ethnicity. Going back to 1966 to look for ridiculous parallels is silly when what we have today does not in anyway compare to the structure we had back in 66, even the period and all that led up to the war.  Again like the silly comparisons made constantly of Obama and Jonathan,  we need to get our heads right and focus on what the issue is today rather than creating fantastical ideas that mean nothing to the issue at hand at the end of the day.
Re: Are Southerners Weak Minded? by ezeagu(m): 8:35pm On Apr 30, 2011
Kobojunkie:

There were at least 16 candidates on the Ballot  --- trust me, SEasterners had a lot of other options on the ballot, even candidates from the SE where on that list as well.

That some persons compared Jonathan to Barack Obama does not mean they were right/reasonable in attempting that. For one, we already spent at least 10 months figuring out Jonathan's leadership capacity at the National level, and the previous 11 years measuring his ability as a leader-- something Black Americans were not really able to do with Barack Obama. So, the comparison makes little sense and should not be used as reasonable excuse for why the SEast should have voted Jonathan as opposed to many the 3 other Eastern Candidates on the same list on that day. We are talking here of the "EDUCATED" region here, or are we not?

Goodluck Jonathan was already in presidency and had a high chance of winning. The other regions of Nigeria also voted in Goodluck, if the south east supports another candidate it doesn't make a difference, so they obviously voted who would realistically win to them. The comparison of Barack Obama doesn't make sense to you because you don't want it too. There were several candidates that were tried and tested in the state level, there were candidates who had better plans for America. There was Cynthia Mckinney, etc who were African American. Even if Barack Obama was a senator or a vice president, the United States is not Nigeria so his failure wouldn't be as big as looting the whole state for 4 years, even if he did, please don't tell me African Americans still wouldn't vote for him with the campaign he had. And which of those other south eastern candidates were tested as well?
Re: Are Southerners Weak Minded? by Chyz2: 8:36pm On Apr 30, 2011
jason123:

I have told my SS brothers (including the So called Ogoni man) that we are the uniting factor in the Southern Nigeria. Once we start pointing fingers at the Igbo or Yoruba, that is the day the Southern Nigeria or South-south will collapse. We must remain neutral in this never-ending feud between the Yorubas and Igbos.
@Chyz, you call yourself a SS man but yet you point fingers. Until the day Igbos stop insulting Awolowo, there will be no peace. I have been to several internet forums, its the same thing over and over again with Igbos blaming Yorubas for their every ill and yet we all live with them undecided. Do you not sense hypocrisy??
@ Op
Southerners are not weak minded but they are not stupi.d. Before any attack, it must be well planned. It's not cowardice but common sense.

You call yourself a SS man but yet you say nothing when fools from the SW attack our intelligence and hardwork. You have no reason to call me out . Now about Awolowo, Let their be no peace for as long as the Ikemba's name is mention from a dirty mouth we will strike infinitely, you can count on that.

Ndigbo is SS as well, im a pure example of it. There is no Igbo/yoruba anything. Caution the yorubas about worrying about Igbo.
Re: Are Southerners Weak Minded? by Dede1(m): 8:38pm On Apr 30, 2011
jason123:

@ Op

You seemed to be pale in historical facts. As you are a self-acclaimed Itsekiri, I am tempted to call you an ingrate.
Re: Are Southerners Weak Minded? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Apr 30, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Correction  . . . that would be the half-baked history you learnt!! Ethnic killings predate even the comming of the white man. Correct yourself please! Nigeria was no Utopia before that time and it is senseless to think that it become one at some point afterwards and then it all went to hell in 1966. NO, that is not what happened. Well, I would at least that you take your own advice first!What President? The very one who rode the wave of ethnic divide to victory last week? You need to get yourself better mentors!

1966 was a civil war but ethnic differences and violence predate that war. 1999 we decided as a nation to, even with all the differences, construct for ourselves a democratic nation where everyone is equal no matter his/her ethnicity. Going back to 1966 to look for ridiculous parallels is silly when what we have today does not in anyway compare to the structure we had back in 66 or even all that lead up to the war.

Yes ethnic killings predates the coming of the white man but the current killing of Christains by Muslims in the North has been a continuous process since then and has never seemed to fizzle out. If it does not worry you that this religious killings has continued in the North and we are still seeing signs of it till this day then you should ask yourself why. The North is not the only part of Nigeria where there is failure of Government. There is failure of Government in the South too but folks don't go about targeting their countrymen because a certain prohphet is cartooned in europe or because of the war in Gaza strip.

So if it does not worry you that in 2011 Nigeria that such a babaric behaviour that predates independence is still practiced in certain sections of the country then you should be every bit as ashamed of yourself as the killers themselves.

No respect for sanctity of life. What a shame of a culture!!!!!!
Re: Are Southerners Weak Minded? by Kobojunkie: 8:42pm On Apr 30, 2011
ezeagu:

Goodluck Jonathan was already in presidency and had a high chance of winning. The other regions of Nigeria also voted in Goodluck, if the south east supports another candidate it doesn't make a difference, so they obviously voted who would realistically win to them.
Well, you just proved your own statement wrong then!!! You claimed the majority had given up on Nigeria but now you admit they actually voted at the National for the candidate they wanted meaning they had not given up as you claimed.
ezeagu:

The comparison of Barack Obama doesn't make sense to you because you don't want it too.
Not true. . . when you make comparions, you line up the similarities and the differences. There are so many more differences than similarities, no matter which way you want to dice it, that you cannot reasonably claim Jonathan an Obama. Again, I already stated some of the glaring differences.
ezeagu:

There were several candidates that were tried and tested in the state level, there were candidates who had better plans for America. There was Cynthia Mckinney, etc who were African American. Even if Barack Obama was a senator or a vice president, the United States is not Nigeria so his failure wouldn't be as big as looting the whole state for 4 years, even if he did, please don't tell me African Americans still wouldn't vote for him with the campaign he had. And which of those other south eastern candidates were tested as well?

I have no clue what you are going on about .

PS. Obama is not the first Black man who has attempted to run for the presidency.Also, From what I remember, Jesse Jackson was once a presidential candidate, among others, and he did not get the black votes in much the same way Obama did.
Re: Are Southerners Weak Minded? by jason123: 8:42pm On Apr 30, 2011
Chyz*:

You call yourself a SS man but yet you say nothing when fools from the SW attack our intelligence and hardwork. You have no reason to call me out . Now about Awolowo, Let their be no peace for as long as the Ikemba's name is mention from a dirty mouth we will strike infinitely, you can count on that.

Ndigbo is SS as well, im a pure example of it. There is no Igbo/yoruba anything. Caution the yorubas about worrying about Igbo.
Are you sure I say nothing Trust me, I say alot when Yorubas insult Igbos. My posts speak for themselves. What is happen here is mutual suspicion not enmity which is normal when you have two great ethnic groups side by side. But bring back 1966 will not solve anything and that is what most Igbos and Yorubas have against each other. Forgetting a war fought almost half a decade ago and progressing is the hallmark of a progressive society or ethnic group. Igbos and Yorubas are mixing up everyday but on the internet, its a completely different story. My brother, please, do not mind those Eko-ile and et.al. You and I know that they do not represent the wider views of that group. My opinion.
Re: Are Southerners Weak Minded? by jason123: 8:43pm On Apr 30, 2011
Dede1:

You seemed to be pale in historical facts. As you are a self-acclaimed Itsekiri, I am tempted to call you an ingrate.

Mr.grammar, abeg shut it! Thank you!!!
Re: Are Southerners Weak Minded? by alex101(m): 8:49pm On Apr 30, 2011
Folks need to ignore that Yoruba pros.ti.tute/crack-head called kobojunkie. That thing is known to post crap in order to defend her fulani masters because its/her love-vendor happens to be a hausa/fulani animal.

The animal called kobojunkie is a deranged junkie who has spent all its/her life living on section 8 and food stamps, while also remaining a crystal meth addict.
Re: Are Southerners Weak Minded? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Apr 30, 2011
Dede1:

Kobojunkie as shown in the post above, Dede1 first reference to historical ethno-religious conflict is to the year 1956.

If you do not know the significance of this and how it differs to 1966, then kindly go and learn before posting. It is not compulsory to respond to all threads. There is no award to the highest poster.
Re: Are Southerners Weak Minded? by ezeagu(m): 8:56pm On Apr 30, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Well, you just proved your own statement wrong then!!! You claimed the majority had given up on Nigeria but now you admit they actually voted at the National for the candidate they wanted meaning they had not given up as you claimed.

Or maybe you just didn't read the post before the last. Giving up on a country doesn't mean you won't look for ways to survive in it or that you've given up on your life. What I would give as an example of still believing in a country was if the energy and attention that is directed to MASSOB in the south east was dedicated to some sort of save Nigeria group, but it's not. You may have given up on saving a jungle, you may want to get out of the jungle, but does that mean you will let yourself be eaten by lions?

Kobojunkie:

Not true. . . when you make comparions, you line up the similarities and the differences. There are so many more differences than similarities, no matter which way you want to dice it, that you cannot reasonably claim Jonathan an Obama. Again, I already stated some of the glaring differences.

You can pick out differences in any comparison, that's why it's a comparison. . . . just because there are more differences doesn't make the similarities the person is pointing out a difference.

Kobojunkie:
I have no clue what you are going on. PS. Obama is not the first Black man who has attempted to run for the presidency. From what I remember, that man did not get the black votes in much the same way Obama did.

Maybe you should have thought your argument out better. That would have helped you get a clue.
Re: Are Southerners Weak Minded? by Kobojunkie: 9:01pm On Apr 30, 2011
ezeagu:

Or maybe you just didn't read the post before the last. Giving up on a country doesn't mean you won't look for ways to survive in it or that you've given up on your life. What I would give as an example of still believing in a country was if the energy and attention that is directed to MASSOB in the south east was dedicated to some sort of save Nigeria group, but it's not. You may have given up on saving a jungle, you may want to get out of the jungle, but does that mean you will let yourself be eaten by lions?
All this na tory you dey tell me here!!! PS. Massob is not popular in the SEast either and there view is not held by the majority.
ezeagu:

You can pick out differences in any comparison, that's why it's a comparison. . . . just because there are more differences doesn't make the similarities the person is pointing out a difference.
There are barely any similarities! Apart from Jonathan being from a minority group, there is actually nothing else. Stating that Jonathan is an Obama to Nigerians is just illogical given then number of differences that exist. I mean one could also fish for similarities between Jonathan and Hitler -- and I bet you would disagree if, given the few there are, I concluded then that Jonathan is a Hitler of Nigeria.
ezeagu:

Maybe you should have thought your argument out better. That would have helped you get a clue.

Nope!!! That actually would be what you would need to do since it was your post that was not making sense to the debate or the context.
Re: Are Southerners Weak Minded? by houvest: 9:04pm On Apr 30, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Correction  . . . that would be the half-baked history you learnt!! Ethnic killings predate even the comming of the white man. Correct yourself please! Nigeria was no Utopia before that time and it is senseless to think that it become one at some point afterwards and then it all went to hell in 1966. NO, that is not what happened. Well, I would at least that you take your own advice first!What President? The very one who rode the wave of ethnic divide to victory last week? You need to get yourself better mentors!

1966 was a civil war but ethnic differences and violence predate that war. 1999 we decided as a nation to, even with all the differences, construct for ourselves a democratic nation where everyone is equal no matter his/her ethnicity. Going back to 1966 to look for ridiculous parallels is silly when what we have today does not in anyway compare to the structure we had back in 66, even the period and all that led up to the war.  Again like the silly comparisons made constantly of Obama and Jonathan,  we need to get our heads right and focus on what the issue is today rather than creating fantastical ideas that mean nothing to the issue at hand at the end of the day.

Please educate me on when this sovereign national conference took place in 1999 or who are the 'we' you keep talking about that made such a nationalist decision in the magical year,1999.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Open Letter Of Resignation To Odumegwu Ojukwu" From Robert S. Goldstein / Ogbeni Rauf Adesoji Aregbesola's 30 Months Of Governance / Abdulsalami Abubakar, Nigeria's Transitional Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.