Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,264 members, 7,891,233 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 10:20 AM

NOUN Matriculates 37 Abeokuta Inmates - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NOUN Matriculates 37 Abeokuta Inmates (8325 Views)

University Of Benin Matriculates 10,018 Students For 2019/2020 Session (Photos) / Bayelsa Medical Varsity Takes Off, Matriculates 208 Students In Nine Programmes / Chief Serekara Winima Matriculates At Ken Saro Wiwa Polytechnic (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NOUN Matriculates 37 Abeokuta Inmates by OmoOgunOriginal(f): 10:00am On May 28, 2021
Thirty-seven inmates of the Ibara Custodial Centre of the Nigerian Correctional Service, Ogun State Command have been matriculated by the National Open University of Nigeria.

The inmates were admitted to study various courses such as Business Administration, Political Science, Criminology and Security Studies, Journalism, Peace and Conflict Resolution, Accounting, Economics, Christian Religious Studies and Economics Education.

This was disclosed in a statement by the command’s spokesperson, Victor Oyeleke.

He said the matriculation brought the number of inmates of Ibara Custodial Centre studying various courses at the NOUN to 87 including two Masters Degree Students.

The statement read in part, “The Ogun State Command Controller of Corrections, Mojeed Olaniran, implored them to make good use of the opportunity given them bearing in mind that aside from security, the cardinal objectives of Corrections are Reformation, Rehabilitation, and Reintegration.

“He also reemphasised that correctional service encourages inmates to upgrade themselves in various aspects of skill acquisition that will benefit their lives and society at large.”

https://punchng.com/noun-matriculates-37-abeokuta-inmates/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NOUN Matriculates 37 Abeokuta Inmates by lawalosky(m): 10:38am On May 28, 2021
Since is coming from punch,
Make I kukuma book space here.
As a now Noun comrade, I dedicate this FTC to a all the hustlers trying harder to make it in life, God will surely see us through.

4 Likes

Re: NOUN Matriculates 37 Abeokuta Inmates by Jeremy123(m): 11:45am On May 28, 2021
Omo
How will they work after graduation?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NOUN Matriculates 37 Abeokuta Inmates by gbaskiboy: 11:46am On May 28, 2021
Nice one
Re: NOUN Matriculates 37 Abeokuta Inmates by diplomat058(m): 11:46am On May 28, 2021
Great. But many aspects of the service's operations and structure still suggest that the 'correctional' prefix attached to the name is a huge joke. Rehabilitation and reintegration go beyond the selective sponsorship of a few.

If I were a President, economic and human capital development would so occupy the centerpiece of government that correctional centers would be turned into centers for human capital development, moral education, and industries. Prisons would be converted to shoe, cloths, and garment-making factories, and the inmates would work on a paid hourly basis. a specified percentage of their earnings must be fixed in an interest-yielding government portfolio, and withdrawable upon the expiration of their jail terms.

10 Likes

Re: NOUN Matriculates 37 Abeokuta Inmates by Dannieln1: 11:46am On May 28, 2021
Good thing
Re: NOUN Matriculates 37 Abeokuta Inmates by zmanto(m): 11:47am On May 28, 2021
A good news
Re: NOUN Matriculates 37 Abeokuta Inmates by BSdetector: 11:47am On May 28, 2021
Shouldn't they have been taught a skill...
Re: NOUN Matriculates 37 Abeokuta Inmates by gbaskiboy: 11:48am On May 28, 2021
hakym619:
Lies !!
Lies!!
Lies !!
Lies !!
Lies!!
Lies !!
Lies !!
Lies!!
Lies !!
Lies !!
Lies!!
Lies !!
Lies !!
Lies!!
Lies !!
Seems you have trust issue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NOUN Matriculates 37 Abeokuta Inmates by bhella10: 11:48am On May 28, 2021
Good thing none of them opted for Islamic studies
Re: NOUN Matriculates 37 Abeokuta Inmates by Blavas(m): 11:49am On May 28, 2021
Confused generation giving birth to a confused government in a confused world
Re: NOUN Matriculates 37 Abeokuta Inmates by Kingk47: 11:50am On May 28, 2021
Jeremy123:
Omo
Sometimes people do things to fulfill long time dreams. Congratulating them on this feat will do you no harm bro. You know say 60% of undergraduates may not be employed. They will have to employ themselves. Having a white collar job is not always the answer

3 Likes

Re: NOUN Matriculates 37 Abeokuta Inmates by temitope27(m): 11:52am On May 28, 2021
So na prisoner dey go noun now abi
Re: NOUN Matriculates 37 Abeokuta Inmates by helinues: 11:52am On May 28, 2021
Nice one
Re: NOUN Matriculates 37 Abeokuta Inmates by highlands: 11:55am On May 28, 2021
congrat to them for still pushing on
Re: NOUN Matriculates 37 Abeokuta Inmates by Maskyy(m): 11:57am On May 28, 2021
gbaskiboy:
Seems you have trust issue

I think that too
He has

1 Like

Re: NOUN Matriculates 37 Abeokuta Inmates by ItooWorWor(m): 11:57am On May 28, 2021
Nice one!

If repentant bokoharam terrorists can been given scholarship then imates can also be pardon and giving opportunity too.

But I hope when they are done studying the government provides job for them so they won't end up in the street jobless again, which might lead to another crime been committed.
Re: NOUN Matriculates 37 Abeokuta Inmates by money121(m): 11:58am On May 28, 2021
Ok
Re: NOUN Matriculates 37 Abeokuta Inmates by Angelmichael63: 11:58am On May 28, 2021
God bless noun

3 Likes

Re: NOUN Matriculates 37 Abeokuta Inmates by integrity16(m): 12:07pm On May 28, 2021
How much
Re: NOUN Matriculates 37 Abeokuta Inmates by Gbagura: 12:19pm On May 28, 2021
Congrats to the odaran who are now un-odaran.
Re: NOUN Matriculates 37 Abeokuta Inmates by Frenzy01(m): 12:35pm On May 28, 2021
What of those in life sentence cry

I sell and I buy any breed of dogs swiftly at a very reasonable price. I also offer Boarding and pet care services. Checkout my siggy for contact information
Re: NOUN Matriculates 37 Abeokuta Inmates by Nobody: 12:35pm On May 28, 2021
My pity goes only to the innocent ones, maybe they should make prisons in a way that you pay for your own ass, instead of wasting tax payers money on useless cretins.
Re: NOUN Matriculates 37 Abeokuta Inmates by Nobody: 12:50pm On May 28, 2021
Jeremy123:
Omo
When their term in jail expires
Re: NOUN Matriculates 37 Abeokuta Inmates by GboyegaD(m): 1:21pm On May 28, 2021
Great. At least there is a great hope and a future for them.

(1) (2) (Reply)

WAEC Or NECO: Have You Ever Sat Alone In A Hall? / Students Owe UNIOSUN N2billion School Fees -VC / Shell Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2020 In UK Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.