Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,912 members, 7,872,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:15 AM

Rolls-royce Boat Tail: Most Expensive New Car In History? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Rolls-royce Boat Tail: Most Expensive New Car In History? (3559 Views)

A Bollywood Tail - Jasmine Sherni, Angel Gostosa / Shortly After Getting Disqualified, Erica Starts An Expensive New Business / DJ Cuppy Flaunts Customized Rolls Royce With Her Billionaire Dad In UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rolls-royce Boat Tail: Most Expensive New Car In History? by Carmartng: 8:46am On May 29, 2021
After unveiling the Rolls-Royce Sweptail a few years ago, a strong movement to return to Coachbuilding in Rolls Royce was building and now the brand is back to its iconic historic trade. Using their in house “Architecture of Luxury”, Rolls has the freedom to make stunning creations, like this new Boat Tail under the new Rolls Royce Coachbuilding department. This first project took 4 years to develop too.

Commissioned by a client, the Boat Tail takes its inspiration from a racing yacht and sits at 19ft long. Cool touch includes a wraparound windshield and two tone blue exterior. Then comes the hand painted dark blue hood and the stunning wood “boat tail.” The roof also is a removable canopy that can cover the two toned blue leather interior with lacquered wood veneer. There are unique accessories too with a champagne fridge, silvery cutlery, two cloth tools and two cocktail tables, an umbrella, and more.

The Boat Tail is a four-seat convertible with an emergency tonneau, just in case the heavens open. This Rolls‑Royce Boat Tail also provided with a detachable carbon-fiber roof that turns the Rolls into a breathtaking coupe. A lightweight aluminum hoist for the latter is, naturally, included in the package.

Rolls-Royce is notoriously coy about the price of its truly bespoke limousines, yet since this new, outrageously decadent Boat Tail was inspired by the $13 million Rolls-Royce Sweptail from 2017, but with increased complexity, it may easily be the most expensive new car to date. (That title currently resides with Bugatti’s La Voiture Noire, which sold for a reported $18.7 million after taxes.) The stunning cabriolet is named after the tapered rear end—a style that dates back to the 1920s, when cars like the Auburn 851 Speedster and Bentley Speed Six Boat-Tail were the talk of the town. By robbreport

https://www.carmart.ng/public/blog/rolls-royce-boat-tail-most-expensive-new-car-in-history/

Re: Rolls-royce Boat Tail: Most Expensive New Car In History? by ArcFresky(m): 9:09am On May 29, 2021
Before you say vanity upon vanity..... Make money first.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rolls-royce Boat Tail: Most Expensive New Car In History? by olamidedivotee: 9:10am On May 29, 2021
Vanity upon vanity

Shioor undecided
Re: Rolls-royce Boat Tail: Most Expensive New Car In History? by Kobicove(m): 9:13am On May 29, 2021
Has it actually been built or is this an artist impression of what the car would look like when it's built?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rolls-royce Boat Tail: Most Expensive New Car In History? by Shellsploit: 9:14am On May 29, 2021
I see china cloning this same model for half the price..

3 Likes

Re: Rolls-royce Boat Tail: Most Expensive New Car In History? by LoudLord(m): 9:19am On May 29, 2021
RR tongue

Re: Rolls-royce Boat Tail: Most Expensive New Car In History? by AngelicBeing: 12:15pm On May 29, 2021
Shellsploit:
I see china cloning this same model for half the price..
Hian shocked
Re: Rolls-royce Boat Tail: Most Expensive New Car In History? by FarahAideed: 12:26pm On May 29, 2021
Kobicove:
Has it actually been built or is this an artist impression of what the car would look like when it's built?

Very built and existing as we speak for almost 5 years now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMaJIymQzLg
Re: Rolls-royce Boat Tail: Most Expensive New Car In History? by SpiritMmuo: 2:26pm On May 29, 2021
Overrated car. I mean don't get me wrong the car is awesome. But there are way more better cars that are cheaper. I will rather have a Mercedes amored g63 AMG 6×6

Any car that can't guarantee my safety is not worth it for me.

Na why I don't fancy all this speed machines like Ferrari. Very expensive and beautiful but one mistake while driving car will summersault and tumble next thing na fire. Person done die be that

4 Likes

Re: Rolls-royce Boat Tail: Most Expensive New Car In History? by Kobicove(m): 2:52pm On May 29, 2021
FarahAideed:

Very built and existing as we speak for almost 5 years now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMaJIymQzLg

The video you posted is the Swepttail, the Boat tail is a completely different car!
Re: Rolls-royce Boat Tail: Most Expensive New Car In History? by FarahAideed: 2:55pm On May 29, 2021
Kobicove:

The video you posted is the Swepttail, the Boat tail is a completely different car!

The sweptail is the same as boattail ..that rendition the OP posted was just render by someone ..this is the only roll Royce that's 13m
Re: Rolls-royce Boat Tail: Most Expensive New Car In History? by Creviwel448: 6:54pm On May 29, 2021
olamidedivotee:
Vanity upon vanity

Shioor undecided
Re: Rolls-royce Boat Tail: Most Expensive New Car In History? by Les: 9:17pm On May 29, 2021
Looks too vintage for my liking....

The price of this car is simply the brand, there's nothing special about it to make it cost that much.

However, the designer of this car has a thing for vintage rides that made him/her try to modernize that vintage look and feel.

There are vintage cars out there anyone with the money can purchase and modern cars too.

This modern-vintage blend is a no for me.
Re: Rolls-royce Boat Tail: Most Expensive New Car In History? by Shuzzi(m): 12:08am On May 30, 2021
Bey and Jay z just bought it few days ago.
Re: Rolls-royce Boat Tail: Most Expensive New Car In History? by LikeAking: 3:45am On May 30, 2021
I am buying one tonight.

(1) (Reply)

Obi Cubana Mom’s Burial: Magazine Publisher Slams Kanayo O. Kanayo, Alex Ekubo / Mike Ezuruonye Claims He's Not Bleaching / *WOW* See How People Are Withdrawing Pure Gold Bars from ATM, In Dubai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.