Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,152 members, 7,890,889 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 11:12 PM

Why We Cannot Stop Blaming Britain For Nigerias Underdevelopment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Cannot Stop Blaming Britain For Nigerias Underdevelopment (652 Views)

Courts Responsible For Present Sufferings, Hardships, Underdevelopment — NLC / Now: Another Shock News For Nigerias As Tinubu Announce New Order / Governor Ikpeazu Blames Nnamdi Kanu For Underdevelopment In Abia State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Cannot Stop Blaming Britain For Nigerias Underdevelopment by BigBashiru: 2:58pm On May 29, 2021
- In the late 1800s, they launched a military offensive destroying our ancient Benin kingdom (I'm not Edo oh, but see how I use our), instead of you to appreciate your country you are busy fighting igbo hausa and Yoruba. The Benin kingdom was the first kingdom to ever make bronze castings in the whole world, the British stole our benin bronzes as well.

- They sponsor governments that represent their interests in Nigeria first and foremost before representing the interests of the Nigerian people.

- Colonization = use of military force. They used force and weapons to destroy cities- Lagos, Calabar etc. Bombed cities take decades to redevelop.

The best thing Nigerians can do is if you can go to Britain and live there afterall they are the people that unsettled Nigeria.

I'm sure they also had a hand in the biafra war.

These people are evil.

Wilberforce did not abolish slave trade. Mungo park did not discover river niger.

3 Likes

Re: Why We Cannot Stop Blaming Britain For Nigerias Underdevelopment by Nobody: 2:58pm On May 29, 2021
It is ipob blaming Britain.

The British abolish slavery in West Africa.

After the first slavery abolishment, the africans changed business partners and started dealing with the brazillians.

The British formed a task force to counter that

1 Like

Re: Why We Cannot Stop Blaming Britain For Nigerias Underdevelopment by BigBashiru: 3:01pm On May 29, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

The British abolish slavery in West Africa

The British didn't abolish slavery. That's what I believed for over 50 years. They wrote that in the history books for you to believe. The Nigerians actively revolted and succeeded in ending that trad3.

To believe the British ended slave trade is to still subscribe to white saviour mentality.

7 Likes

Re: Why We Cannot Stop Blaming Britain For Nigerias Underdevelopment by Kriss216: 3:02pm On May 29, 2021
BigBashiru:

The British didn't abolish slavery. That's what I believed for over 50 years. They wrote that in the history books for you to believe. The Nigerians actively revolted and succeeded in ending that trad3.

To believe the British ended slave trade is to still subscribe to white saviour mentality.
You're wise.

Come and marry my girlfriend, you deserve her.

6 Likes

Re: Why We Cannot Stop Blaming Britain For Nigerias Underdevelopment by Nobody: 3:04pm On May 29, 2021
BigBashiru:

You wrote misinformation down.

Madam tinubu and the rest were still selling slaves in lagos coast.

Have you been to badary before?? Go and read history there, slave quaters built by african slave traders still exist.

Slave trading was fueling the monarchs during that period, the british had to force them to stop it and make them focus on exporting palm oil.

1 Like

Re: Why We Cannot Stop Blaming Britain For Nigerias Underdevelopment by BigBashiru: 3:05pm On May 29, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

The British abolish slavery in West Africa.

After the first slavery abolishment, the africans changed business partners and started dealing with the brazillians.

The British formed a task force to counter that

The British were responsible for setting up of concentration camps that saw the death of over 60000 Kenyans. If they could do that you think they set up 'task force' for good?

4 Likes

Re: Why We Cannot Stop Blaming Britain For Nigerias Underdevelopment by BigBashiru: 3:07pm On May 29, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Have you been to badary before.

Slave trading was fueling the monarchs during that period, the british had to force them to stop it and make them focus on exporting palm oil.

I agree with you that madam tinubu sold slaves - in the book of genesis in the bible Joseph was sold as a slave in Egypt. Slavery had long existed even before the British knew about it. Ending slavery wasn't done exclusively by the British. That's wat they want you to believe just as they told you mungo park discovered river niger and Mary sclessor ended killing of twins. It's all lies.

All those things were done by Nigerians or other Africans.

The British were colonists. They only had their own interests at heart. Colonisation is equal to the use if military force on a people against their will.

3 Likes

Re: Why We Cannot Stop Blaming Britain For Nigerias Underdevelopment by Nobody: 3:09pm On May 29, 2021
BigBashiru:

The British were responsible for setting up of concentration camps that saw the death of over 60000 Kenyans. If they could do that you think they set up 'task force' for good?

Why do you read history books upside down.

You are talking about the Mau Mau Uprising between Britain and Mau Mau.

It was a war, so you argument of concentration camp does not hold.

1 Like

Re: Why We Cannot Stop Blaming Britain For Nigerias Underdevelopment by Nobody: 3:10pm On May 29, 2021
BigBashiru:

I agree with you that madam tinubu sold slaves - in the book of genesis in the bible Joseph was sold as a slave in Egypt. Slavery had long existed even before the British knew about it. Ending slavery wasn't done exclusively by the British. That's wat they want you to believe just as they told you mungo park discovered river niger and Mary sclessor ended killing of twins. It's all lies.

All those things were done by Nigerians or other Africans.

The British were colonists. They only had their own interests at heart. Colonisation is equal to the use if military force on a people against their will.

So who ended slave trade?
Who discovered river niger to the Europeans?
Who ended killing of twins in calabar?

Waiting for your answers

1 Like

Re: Why We Cannot Stop Blaming Britain For Nigerias Underdevelopment by chatinent: 4:00pm On May 29, 2021
Sb just said the British abolished slave trade.

I cannot help but laugh.
Re: Why We Cannot Stop Blaming Britain For Nigerias Underdevelopment by BigBashiru: 4:08pm On May 29, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Why do you read history books upside down.

You are talking about the Mau Mau Uprising between Britain and Mau Mau.

It was a war, so you argument of concentration camp does not hold.

The history books you have read contain lies because they were written by white men that's my point. If there were Nigerian accounts, you would be surprised. I'm sure those who wanted to give Nigerian accounts were soon killed. Il respond to your questions shortly.

1 Like

Re: Why We Cannot Stop Blaming Britain For Nigerias Underdevelopment by redsun(m): 4:50pm On May 29, 2021
I think IPOB has done enough now to show the thieving politicians that they have a militant side that can hold them accountable at any time, Now the true believers of biafranism should go into full time democrazy in their localities to take over the grassroot governance.

Out right violence with the zombie nigerian government will not help matter. Local politicians on their own are very vulnerable, let them pick out the very corrupt ones in their localities and fill their positions with those they think have the interests of the people at heart. War and disruption is the last thing easterners need at the moment.
Re: Why We Cannot Stop Blaming Britain For Nigerias Underdevelopment by IGBOSON1: 4:52pm On May 29, 2021
Would have recommended they pay financial reparations....kinda like Germany did the other day with Namibia! Problem is the greedy bigot would likely corner a disproportionate amount to Daura, while telling me their using my share for 2nd Niger bridge!

2nd Niger bridge is his ‘get-out-of-jail’ card when questioned about what the share of projects the south-east got from the tens of trillions he’s borrowed since 2015....and Abacha loot! shocked

3 Likes

Re: Why We Cannot Stop Blaming Britain For Nigerias Underdevelopment by Nobody: 5:06pm On May 29, 2021
BigBashiru:

The history books you have read contain lies because they were written by white men that's my point. If there were Nigerian accounts, you would be surprised. I'm sure those who wanted to give Nigerian accounts were soon killed. Il respond to your questions shortly.

So all your theories are based on hypotheses
Re: Why We Cannot Stop Blaming Britain For Nigerias Underdevelopment by Blue3k(m): 5:19pm On May 29, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Have you been to badary before?? Go and read history there, slave quaters built by african slave traders still exist.

The way these idiots start waking up in morning and lying is amazing. The British were instrumental in ending international slave trade and domestic. If this weren't common knowledge I might feel compelled to make a thread on this history.

1 Like

Re: Why We Cannot Stop Blaming Britain For Nigerias Underdevelopment by BigBashiru: 5:30pm On May 29, 2021
Blue3k:

The way these idiots start waking up in morning and lying is amazing. The British were instrumental in ending international slave trade and domestic. If this weren't common knowledge I might feel compelled to make a thread on this history.

The British are a force for evil in the world. The influence of the British in the world is evil but they are quite good at hiding it. A case in point is COMMONWEALTH OF NATIONS headquartered in London. The British continues to loot former colonies to this day through this rogue institution. They took Nigerias and other countries resources and said it doesn't belong entirely to those countries, that those resources are common and shared resources between the uk and those countries.
Re: Why We Cannot Stop Blaming Britain For Nigerias Underdevelopment by Blue3k(m): 5:42pm On May 29, 2021
BigBashiru:

The British are a force for evil in the world. The influence of the British in the world is evil but they are quite good at hiding it. A case in point is COMMONWEALTH OF NATIONS headquartered in London. The British continues to loot former colonies to this day through this rogue institution. They took Nigerias and other countries resources and said it doesn't belong entirely to those countries, that those resources are common and shares resources between the uk and those countries.

If they're so evil you wouldn't need to tell lies about them to get your point across. First it was slavery now it's the common wealth that any country can leave at will that's your issue.

1 Like

Re: Why We Cannot Stop Blaming Britain For Nigerias Underdevelopment by BigBashiru: 6:02pm On May 29, 2021
Blue3k:

If they're so evil you wouldn't need to tell lies about them to get your point across. First it was slavery now it's the common wealth that any country can leave at will that's your issue.

You need to understand those guys are cunning. On paper any one can leave the common wealth but in practice not really. I'm telling you. I have nothing to gain by not telling the truth. There was a time the British triggered war in a north African country to protect their interests... by distabilising that country, they remain in control.

BBC is British state media. Have you ever thought why they rolled out news service in Hausa and pidgeon English? It's not to help you (they don't care), it's to maintain control over Nigeria.
Re: Why We Cannot Stop Blaming Britain For Nigerias Underdevelopment by BigBashiru: 10:37pm On May 29, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

So who ended slave trade?
Who discovered river niger to the Europeans?
Who ended killing of twins in calabar?

Waiting for your answers
First of all this is not an argument. "White savior" is defined as propagation of a stereotype that africans cant do anything by themselves unless Europeans come to "help" them. Europeans fight hard to protect this stereotype because this is the source of their power. Second, examine what you have beem taught - that Slessor stopped killing of twins in calabar - what is the source - books written by whitemen. Of course they will say its a white woman that stopped killing of twins to protect their power. BTW just like you I believed all those things until recently.

To answer your questions directly:
So who ended slave trade? Slave trade ended when trading parties decided to end it or for one reason or another, or when it naturally expired. Man is born sinful and totally depraved for Wilberforce William who among with other British that sold slaves to have suddenly stopped it means Jesus came into their lives otherwise its just pretence. Jesus would have also come into a black man and motivate him to stop slavery - Jesus is no racist that its only a white person he appointed to stop slave trade.

Who discovered river niger to the Europeans? Nigerians discovered river niger because its their river lol and showed it to the Europeans.

Who ended killing of twins in calabar? There is no proof twins were being killed in calabar in the first place; it may just have been one off cases of cultism. Secondly calabar people could have stopped the practice by learning from nearby peoples. others near calabar were sensible and didnt need the british saviors to come and teach us not to kill twins - thats the bullshit they want you to believe.

The mind of most africans is damaged by colonial and imperialist brainwashing and i hope you come out of it.
Re: Why We Cannot Stop Blaming Britain For Nigerias Underdevelopment by babyfaceafrica: 11:02pm On May 29, 2021
BigBashiru:

First of all this is not an argument. "White savior" is defined as propagation of a stereotype that africans cant do anything by themselves unless Europeans come to "help" them. Europeans fight hard to protect this stereotype because this is the source of their power. Second, examine what you have beem taught - that Slessor stopped killing of twins in calabar - what is the source - books written by whitemen. Of course they will say its a white woman that stopped killing of twins to protect their power. BTW just like you I believed all those things until recently.

So who ended slave trade? Slave trade ended when trading parties decided to end it or for one reason or another, or when it naturally expired. Man is born sinful and totally depraved for Wilberforce William who among with other British that sold slaves to have suddenly stopped it means Jesus came into their lives otherwise its just pretence. Jesus would have also come into a black man and motivate him to stop slavery - Jesus is no racist that its only a white person he appointed to stop slave trade.

Who discovered river niger to the Europeans? Nigerians discovered river niger because its their river lol and showed it to the Europeans.

Who ended killing of twins in calabar? There is no proof twins were being killed in calabar in the first place; it may just have been one off cases of cultism. Secondly calabar people could have stopped the practice by learning from nearby peoples. others near calabar were sensible and didnt need the british saviors to come and teach us not to kill twins - thats the bullshit they want you to believe.

The mind of most africans is damaged by colonial and imperialist brainwashing and i hope you come out of it.
Terrible people

Re: Why We Cannot Stop Blaming Britain For Nigerias Underdevelopment by Nobody: 11:18pm On May 29, 2021
BigBashiru:

Next time take your drugs, you are spilling nonsense.

When next you come to Nigeria, visit badary, visit calabar, go to the obong of calabar palace to learn about their history.

Also there is an avenue and statue in honour of mary slissorr for what she did to the native tribe.

Next visit ugeb, those people were cannibals before, it is a historic fact.

Visit the museum in calabar, also visit the slave museum in lagos.

Next visit lokoja and ask about how mango park discovered the river niger to the European even when the natives have been living there for long.

Learn your history, accept its own dysfunctionality, learn to live with it and learn from its mistakes, so that you wont repeat those mistakes again.

1 Like

Re: Why We Cannot Stop Blaming Britain For Nigerias Underdevelopment by BigBashiru: 11:33pm On May 29, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

When next you come to Nigeria, visit badary, visit calabar, go to the obong of calabar palace to learn about their history.

Also there is an avenue and statue in honour of mary slissorr for what she did to the native tribe.

Next visit lokoja and ask about how mango park discovered the river niger to the European even when the natives have been living there for long.

Learn your history, accept its own dysfunctionality, learn to live with it and learn from its mistakes, so that you wont repeat those mistakes again.

You are irredeemable. I hope the next slave ship comes takes you to Europe so you can spend the rest of your life a slave there.

Calabar people never killed twins. Visit obong of calabar and he will reset your brain from your foolish colonial myths. It was a colonial administration and you dare not revolt.

You are beyond redemption and I'm not responding to you again.

Good luck white man slave
Re: Why We Cannot Stop Blaming Britain For Nigerias Underdevelopment by BigBashiru: 11:54pm On May 29, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

You don't have critical thinking. It's not everything written in history books that is right or accurate or correct. See, the British used these "good deeds" to mask their colonial atrocities. Saying we invaded Nigeria is bad so they pose as helpers. They sent "missionaries", slessor etc. These things are a mask for their colonial atrocities so it seems as if they were a force for good. And you have swallowed hook line and sinker.

If calabar people killed twins, Lagos ppl, Anambra ppl, Edo ppl would stop calabar ppl not British ppl. Get it?

I ain't responding again
Re: Why We Cannot Stop Blaming Britain For Nigerias Underdevelopment by Nobody: 12:51am On May 30, 2021
BigBashiru:

You don't have critical thinking. It's not everything written in history books that is right or accurate or correct. See, the British used these "good deeds" to mask their colonial atrocities. Saying we invaded Nigeria is bad so they pose as helpers. They sent "missionaries", slessor etc. These things are a mask for their colonial atrocities so it seems as if they were a force for good. And you have swallowed hook line and sinker.

If calabar people killed twins, Lagos ppl, Anambra ppl, Edo ppl would stop calabar ppl not British ppl. Get it?

I ain't responding again

You have failed to use your " critical thinking " to write something meaningful here

It seems you know more than the people that have the culture
Re: Why We Cannot Stop Blaming Britain For Nigerias Underdevelopment by Nobody: 12:56am On May 30, 2021
BigBashiru:

You are irredeemable. I hope the next slave ship comes takes you to Europe so you can spend the rest of your life a slave there.

Calabar people never killed twins. Visit obong of calabar and he will reset your brain from your foolish colonial myths. It was a colonial administration and you dare not revolt.

You are beyond redemption and I'm not responding to you again.

Good luck white man slave

Aren't you in Canada?

You went there yourself without the slave ship.

Next time read about history instead of twisting history.

Slavery is real and killing of twins is reàl

1 Like

Re: Why We Cannot Stop Blaming Britain For Nigerias Underdevelopment by Tajbol4splend(m): 4:15am On May 30, 2021
The British man is a corrupt man, you can see that in their use of VAR
Re: Why We Cannot Stop Blaming Britain For Nigerias Underdevelopment by helinues: 7:20am On May 30, 2021
Funny people, your leader Kanu hate Lugard so much that he had to live and stay in Lugard's country

(1) (2) (Reply)

PANDEF Rejects Passed PIB, Says It Doesn’t Meet Expectations / Outrageous: Hotel, Duplex And 15 Shops Burnt Down In Imo State By The Military / N770m Road Contract, Ex House Of Rep's Member Calls Out Ex-minister Of Works

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.