Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,464 members, 7,897,954 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 12:21 AM

Bros Moved Out Because Of Utility Bill. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Bros Moved Out Because Of Utility Bill. (1957 Views)

Finally!! I Moved Out Of My Parents House!! / Moved Out Of My Parents House Today And This Happened / 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bros Moved Out Because Of Utility Bill. by Shedy003: 11:32am On May 30, 2021
My blood bro (am younger), squatting in my rented apartment for 2 years. He moved out because I asked him to share the utility bills.
Am I wrong?
Re: Bros Moved Out Because Of Utility Bill. by DESAN(f): 11:36am On May 30, 2021
You are not wrong at all

6 Likes

Re: Bros Moved Out Because Of Utility Bill. by mariahAngel(f): 11:38am On May 30, 2021
What's the whole story?

8 Likes

Re: Bros Moved Out Because Of Utility Bill. by SportsHD: 11:38am On May 30, 2021
Tf

1 Like

Re: Bros Moved Out Because Of Utility Bill. by Barbiturate(m): 11:43am On May 30, 2021
Does he have a job or business?
If he doesn't then you shouldn't have asked him to pay. If he has, then I see no reason why he shouldn't share the bills with you. In all, he's your blood, call him to come back, then sit him down and discuss things amicably.

2 Likes

Re: Bros Moved Out Because Of Utility Bill. by houseontherock: 11:46am On May 30, 2021
You're younger, he's older, yet he stayed with you for 2 years as a squatter; it must have been humiliating and I believe he put up with that because he couldn't afford to rent his own apartment. Now, you asking him to share the utility bill when he can't afford it must have have been too much to bear. You're wrong to ask him to share the utility bill, unless:
You're sure his finances improved
You have evidence he's just plain stingy all along or he's irresponsible or
Your finances went down.
Whatever happens, apologize and explain the situation to him, if possible, live separately but without animosity.

2 Likes

Re: Bros Moved Out Because Of Utility Bill. by jhydebaba(m): 12:38pm On May 30, 2021
One less trouble for you. Where your bros moved to, won't he pay utility bill

I don't know the whole story so I am not judging tongue By the way, are you living with ur wife or girl friend E get reason oh!

2 Likes

Re: Bros Moved Out Because Of Utility Bill. by Klass99(f): 12:46pm On May 30, 2021
smiley
Re: Bros Moved Out Because Of Utility Bill. by BarrSly: 2:33pm On May 30, 2021
If you were the one squatting with him, how will you feel if he asked you to split bills.. na wa oooo I wonder what family is becoming this days... you will hear a brother say ‘I BORROWED my brother money’ tufia... if you know he is making enough but refuses to support fine but if he isn’t (considering the fact that he’s squatting with you) then please reach out to him and settle things amicably.
Re: Bros Moved Out Because Of Utility Bill. by HUSTLER001: 2:46pm On May 30, 2021
What you didn't tell us is how the message was portrayed.
Re: Bros Moved Out Because Of Utility Bill. by duduade: 2:56pm On May 30, 2021
Where is the Op to answer questions

People will just open new threads especially old people on nairaland ..open new handles.. Ask questions... People will gather to share in the burden and OP disappears
Re: Bros Moved Out Because Of Utility Bill. by Shedy003: 3:02pm On May 30, 2021
Barbiturate:
If he doesn't then you shouldn't have asked him to pay. If he has, then I see no reason why he shouldn't share the bills with you. In all, he's your blood, call him to come back, then sit him down and discuss things amicably.
Thanks for ur response.
My bros has a job. He even owns a car, he parks in the compound like he is the one paying the rent, lols. Me, I don't have a car.

3 Likes

Re: Bros Moved Out Because Of Utility Bill. by Shedy003: 3:07pm On May 30, 2021
houseontherock:
You're younger, he's older, yet he stayed with you for 2 years as a squatter; it must have been humiliating and I believe he put up with that because he couldn't afford to rent his own apartment. Now, you asking him to share the utility bill when he can't afford it must have have been too much to bear. You're wrong to ask him to share the utility bill, unless:
You're sure his finances improved
You have evidence he's just plain stingy all along or he's irresponsible or
Your finances went down.
Whatever happens, apologize and explain the situation to him, if possible, live separately but without animosity.
Thanks for ur response.
My bro has a job, to my knowledge his finances is good that's why I asked him to share in the utility bills. He even has a car and drives around, he would park the car at my door-mouth like he is the one paying the rent. lol.

1 Like

Re: Bros Moved Out Because Of Utility Bill. by mariahAngel(f): 3:37pm On May 30, 2021
Shedy003:

Thanks for ur response.
My bro has a job, to my knowledge his finances is good that's why I asked him to share in the utility bills. He even has a car and drives around, he would park the car at my door-mouth like he is the one paying the rent. lol.

Na wah o!

He should leave then.

11 Likes

Re: Bros Moved Out Because Of Utility Bill. by faithfull18(f): 3:50pm On May 30, 2021
Shedy003:
My blood bro (am younger), squatting in my rented apartment for 2 years. He moved out because I asked him to share the utility bills.
Am I wrong?
Your bro isn't reasonable, sorry to say.

4 Likes

Re: Bros Moved Out Because Of Utility Bill. by GboyegaD(m): 4:05pm On May 30, 2021
You did what was reasonable. If he moved out for that reason, that's good for you cos he might not help when you need his help.

1 Like

Re: Bros Moved Out Because Of Utility Bill. by Foodqueen(f): 6:50pm On May 30, 2021
That he's staying with u is humiliating enough.

For you to ask means u have been showing him some attitude.
Re: Bros Moved Out Because Of Utility Bill. by poshestmina(f): 6:55pm On May 30, 2021
Blood brother or not.
He should at least be responsible enough to do or contribute in any little way he can.

I hate entitled labilities undecided.

8 Likes

Re: Bros Moved Out Because Of Utility Bill. by mariahAngel(f): 6:57pm On May 30, 2021
Foodqueen:

No. He's been exploiting his younger brother.

He even has a car!!!

5 Likes

Re: Bros Moved Out Because Of Utility Bill. by Foodqueen(f): 7:04pm On May 30, 2021
mariahAngel:

No. He's been exploiting his younger brother.

He even has a car!!!

shocked waoh! Didn't read that.
Re: Bros Moved Out Because Of Utility Bill. by RightToReject(m): 7:10pm On May 30, 2021
Provided that you are convinced that what you did is the right thing to do under the circumstance, then do not allow the thoughtless action and reaction of a healthy adult who failed to do what ought to be the right thing to do even without being told to weigh you down.
Re: Bros Moved Out Because Of Utility Bill. by Kirchoffs: 10:20pm On May 30, 2021
Foodqueen:

I have noticed that you hardly read and understand before you talk , try to work on that ok

1 Like

Re: Bros Moved Out Because Of Utility Bill. by Foodqueen(f): 6:36am On May 31, 2021
Kirchoffs:
I have noticed that you hardly read and understand before you talk , try to work on that ok

Your mother right?
Re: Bros Moved Out Because Of Utility Bill. by ImaIma1(f): 12:40pm On May 31, 2021
The people accusing you of being unfair and reasonable have all kept quiet after you divulged your brother's status.

I think your brother is the unfair one. He wants to keep using "older brother" to exploit you, and refusing to be responsible.

It makes me wonder if some guys on this forum are like that, from their reactions and comments.

5 Likes

Re: Bros Moved Out Because Of Utility Bill. by Nobody: 1:13pm On May 31, 2021
You did the right thing, OP.

2 Likes

Re: Bros Moved Out Because Of Utility Bill. by seborrhic: 5:56pm On May 31, 2021
Barbiturate:
Now that the brother has left won't he still the same amount of utility bill?Or is he going to pay half or the bill be reduced by half because his brother has left?
As someone put it very well,unless he has evidence that his brother was working and deliberately hiding his funds,he shouldn't have brought it up.
By the way this is a one sided story.
Maybe what pissed off d brother was that he sometimes was contributing to the food needs of the house or was contributing financially in other ways,which the op didn't quantify because they were not per monthly expenses,like the utility bill.
Re: Bros Moved Out Because Of Utility Bill. by seborrhic: 6:02pm On May 31, 2021
Shedy003:

Thanks for ur response.
This is the main grudge he has with him.
I bet the brother buys foodstuffs for the house atimes and even gives the op lift when he sets out to work sometimes.
On the average,the utility bill will be N10k-15k per month.
If the brother buys foodstuffs and beverages atimes,I bet that won't be less than 25k-30k per month.The lift he gives him may save him another 5-8k.But one wouldn't know this because the bill does not come at fixed monthly intervals.
Re: Bros Moved Out Because Of Utility Bill. by Nobody: 6:38pm On May 31, 2021
seborrhic:

Now that the brother has left won't he still the same amount of utility bill?Or is he going to pay half or the bill be reduced by half because his brother has left?
As someone put it very well,unless he has evidence that his brother was working and deliberately hiding his funds,he shouldn't have brought it up.
By the way this is a one sided story.
Maybe what pissed off d brother was that he sometimes was contributing to the food needs of the house or was contributing financially in other ways,which the op didn't quantify because they were not per monthly expenses,like the utility bill.
The older brother that left that didn't want to share the utility bill, won't he pay where he has moved to? If the OP has been paying the full bill for 2-years without his brother's contribution, I'm sure he can continue to do just that by himself. He may have thought it was unfair (it sure is) that his older brother who "has a job" and whose "finances are good" refused to share the utility, which was why he asked. That he even had to ask is ridiculous. After 2-years of not sharing the bill, the older brother should've felt obligated to start sharing the bill without the younger brother having to ask.

seborrhic:

I bet the brother buys foodstuffs for the house atimes and even gives the op lift when he sets out to work sometimes.
If the brother buys foodstuffs and beverages atimes,I bet that won't be less than 25k-30k per month.The lift he gives him may save him another 5-8k.But one wouldn't know this because the bill does not come at fixed monthly intervals.
These are assumptions. You don't know who buys the food in the house or whether he gives the OP lifts, but if I deem both of your assumptions to be true for a minute, they still do not exempt the brother from "sharing" the utility bill. 1) He lives there and 2) the OP didn't ask him to pay the full cost but to "share", after 2-years of the guy paying it himself. How much reasonable do you want him to be?

3 Likes

Re: Bros Moved Out Because Of Utility Bill. by Shedy003: 9:03pm On May 31, 2021
seborrhic:

Well.
We don't cook in the house, We eat out at our respective places of work, weekends inclusive. and our work locations are far apart and resumption time always not the same. So, not lifts for me.
Obviously I benefit nothing from my bro.
Re: Bros Moved Out Because Of Utility Bill. by ImaIma1(f): 9:11pm On May 31, 2021
seborrhic:

Na wa o. Allow the op give the information. You are already adding and subtracting hypothetical figures.

1 Like

Re: Bros Moved Out Because Of Utility Bill. by frozen70(f): 9:43pm On May 31, 2021
Shedy003:
Am I wrong?

Congratulations, his moving out will give him the sense of thinking how to help his life

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is It like Traveling To The Eastern (imo State) Nigeria For Marriage / MY SEXUAL HARASSMENT EXPERIENCE WITH THE CHAIRMEN AND MD I WORKED WITH / Naija Wedding Websites: Post Your Own:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.