Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,088 members, 7,933,651 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 10:48 AM

Getting Married To A Man 18years Older? My Gawd! - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Getting Married To A Man 18years Older? My Gawd! (2813 Views)

What Is Wrong In Getting Married To My Sister In-law? / Gawd! I Can't Believe My Girlfriend Said This. / Why Young Women Often Date Older Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting Married To A Man 18years Older? My Gawd! by Wislet(f): 11:35pm On May 01, 2011
Am disappointed!!
Re: Getting Married To A Man 18years Older? My Gawd! by manmustwac(m): 11:49pm On May 01, 2011
@190
Cool down. Why all the insults Theres no need for that
Re: Getting Married To A Man 18years Older? My Gawd! by Ekpoma1: 12:03am On May 02, 2011
See two adult wey no get shame. Op pls mind ur biz.
Re: Getting Married To A Man 18years Older? My Gawd! by Nobody: 12:30am On May 02, 2011
She's the one getting married to him. She's comfortable with the age gap. Age isn't anything but a number to some people. If she's happy, then I would be happy for her and support her along the way. Whether you think it's wrong or weird doesn't really matter lol. There's nothing wrong with what she's doing. I wouldn't care either. I wish her a successful marriage.
Re: Getting Married To A Man 18years Older? My Gawd! by BABE3: 12:32am On May 02, 2011
ogugua88:

She's the one getting married to him. She's comfortable with the age gap. Age isn't anything but a number to some people. If she's happy, then I would be happy for her and support her along the way. Whether you think it's wrong or weird doesn't really matter lol. There's nothing wrong with what she's doing. I wouldn't care either. I wish her a successful marriage.

Chei! Finally I've found you! cool

Are you pre-nursing?
Re: Getting Married To A Man 18years Older? My Gawd! by Nobody: 12:38am On May 02, 2011
^^^^^ LOL! Yeah, I went AWOL for a while. YES I AM! Getting into the program is proving difficult! angry
Re: Getting Married To A Man 18years Older? My Gawd! by BABE3: 12:41am On May 02, 2011
9ice! 9icely done! Good to know! smiley

You doing Nursing school here or in 9ja?

Sorry what is AWOL, by the way? i'm sorry embarassed embarassed
Re: Getting Married To A Man 18years Older? My Gawd! by Nobody: 12:52am On May 02, 2011
Thanks. You too o. Pre-med isn't easy. I switched from pre-med to nursing because I'm a chicken like that.

I'm doing it here. It's hard getting in where I am though. There are like 60-80 seats available and up to 700 students applying sad I may apply in Illinois, Nevada, and Texas as well.

AWOL = Absent WithOut (Official) Leave. The O is either "out" or "official" lol.
Re: Getting Married To A Man 18years Older? My Gawd! by BABE3: 12:57am On May 02, 2011
ogugua88:

Thanks. You too o. Pre-med isn't easy. I switched from pre-med to nursing because I'm a chicken like that.

I'm doing it here. It's hard getting in where I am though. There are like 60-80 seats available and up to 700 students applying sad I may apply in Illinois, Nevada, and Texas as well.

AWOL = Absent WithOut (Official) Leave. The O is either "out" or "official" lol.

hahaha! Chicken! lol--

Yh, I heard nursing is as hard too.

Yes o! Anything medical field is super competitive! Like no joke atall!

Anyways, Goodluck! wink I was just curious.

I'm applying to D.C (Howard), and some other random ones. But, that Howard is what I want. smiley
Re: Getting Married To A Man 18years Older? My Gawd! by Nobody: 1:04am On May 02, 2011
BABE!:

hahaha! Chicken! lol--

Yh, I heard nursing is as hard too.

Yes o! Anything medical field is super competitive! Like no joke atall!

Anyways, Goodluck! wink I was just curious.

I'm applying to D.C (Howard), and some other random ones. But, that Howard is what I want. smiley

It is in its own way. Nursing is the hard part really. I want to get my masters in Anesthesia afterward. Once I get my BSN, I have to work for an RN for an allotted amount of time before applying for masters. That program is the only obstacle. Lame lol.

Oooh, that sounds interesting. Med school is no joke either. Go wherever the wind blows you. It may not blow you to Howard, unfortunately, but you'd be surprised. Another experience may be just as remarkable, if not more.
Re: Getting Married To A Man 18years Older? My Gawd! by BABE3: 1:09am On May 02, 2011
Girl! True talk! But, I want Howard sha! I've been working towards it my whole undergrad years! cheesy
But I'm ready for anything sha. I sha want to get in med school. THat's the hardest part of my career.

Masters in Anesthesia! You wannabe making the Moneys uhn? and pounds and dollars?---lol
That's a pretty good move! wink
Re: Getting Married To A Man 18years Older? My Gawd! by Nobody: 1:18am On May 02, 2011
Yep, I can definitely understand that lol. I was like that when I was applying for universities for the first time too. I've learned to just take whatever I'm dealt and to make the best of it sad haha.

In which specialty of medicine are you interested?

YES! Lol. Nurses make good money too, but I want to be super stable, no excuses.

Make we take this to the chatroom. I've been guilty of derailing threads lately lol.
Re: Getting Married To A Man 18years Older? My Gawd! by BABE3: 6:32pm On May 02, 2011
Oh yh, I feel bad too!hehe---If you've got time, come to the chat room. now! grin
Re: Getting Married To A Man 18years Older? My Gawd! by horny4u(f): 10:21pm On May 02, 2011
My dad is 16 years older than my mum and they have been married for donkey years with "embarrassing" love wantintin.
Just make sure that when it is your turn to marry that you marry someone that is same age as you.
the decision is ultimately hers .
Re: Getting Married To A Man 18years Older? My Gawd! by SALady(f): 9:39am On May 03, 2011
@OP, ofcourse your friend should be happy getting married to the man. I mean for f^*k! sake he is 45 and should know how to best take care of young peopleĀ  wink wink. I have no doubt your friend is well and I mean weeeeell taken care of.
Re: Getting Married To A Man 18years Older? My Gawd! by marychi18: 12:48pm On May 03, 2011
SA Lady:

@OP, ofcourse your friend should be happy getting married to the man. I mean for f^*k! sake he is 45 and should know how to best take care of young peopleĀ  wink wink. I have no doubt your friend is well and I mean weeeeell taken care of.

@SA lady. And ur point is?
Re: Getting Married To A Man 18years Older? My Gawd! by SALady(f): 1:19pm On May 03, 2011
@marychi18 C'mon my point is a dead give away. What I am saying is, this relationship is the makes of parent child relationship.

Watch that space, when the age issue starts becoming apparent guy is going to break a bank trying to hang on to everything that this marriage is made of.

I have no doubt that this is the situation already. Am I wrong?
Re: Getting Married To A Man 18years Older? My Gawd! by otokx(m): 2:03pm On May 03, 2011
Nairalanders and yabbis
Re: Getting Married To A Man 18years Older? My Gawd! by marychi18: 2:16pm On May 03, 2011
SA Lady:

@marychi18 C'mon my point is a dead give away. What I am saying is, this relationship is the makes of parent child relationship.

Watch that space, when the age issue starts becoming apparent guy is going to break a bank trying to hang on to everything that this marriage is made of.

I have no doubt that this is the situation already. Am I wrong?
There is no such situation at d moment. d guy is really treating her like a queenie maybe coz he wants babies.
but anyways, i think she's gon end up on d winning side tho.
coz since d guy is aging already, he ll want to protect her and d forthcoming kids.
Re: Getting Married To A Man 18years Older? My Gawd! by SALady(f): 2:37pm On May 03, 2011
marychi18:

There is no such situation at d moment. d guy is really treating her like a queenie maybe coz he wants babies.
but anyways, i think she's gon end up on d winning side tho.
coz since d guy is aging already, he ll want to protect her and d forthcoming kids.

You may be right about guy wanting children. I am sorry but there is no way I am going to try and look at this situation with less suspicion, so am going to ask you to define what you mean by guy treating her like a queen

See this is where the problem starts, shouldnt they be treating each other like equals, friends and companions, than this trying too hard because I cant believe my luck situation

Speaking of children, WTF has this guy been doing all this time not having children??
Re: Getting Married To A Man 18years Older? My Gawd! by snthesis(m): 3:59pm On May 03, 2011
no biggie- bsides its her life angry angry
Re: Getting Married To A Man 18years Older? My Gawd! by marychi18: 9:52am On May 04, 2011
SA Lady:

You may be right about guy wanting children. I am sorry but there is no way I am going to try and look at this situation with less suspicion, so am going to ask you to define what you mean by guy treating her like a queen

See this is where the problem starts, shouldnt they be treating each other like equals, friends and companions, than this trying too hard because I cant believe my luck situation

Speaking of children, WTF has this guy been doing all this time not having children??

Has been staying true to his ex for 11years thinking d babies would come maybe.
something abt trying to live responsibly, not wanting to make babies outside his marriage, yeah.

anyway its her life and since she seems ok wit it, i wish her d very best of luck.

thanks guys including u 190.
Re: Getting Married To A Man 18years Older? My Gawd! by 190: 11:32am On May 04, 2011
marychi18:

Has been staying true to his ex for 11years thinking d babies would come maybe.
something abt trying to live responsibly, not wanting to make babies outside his marriage, yeah.

anyway its her life and since she seems ok wit it, i wish her d very best of luck.

thanks guys including u 190.
shocked shocked cry cry cry cry

im sorry for throwing words at you and meant not a single damn thing i said cry cry
Re: Getting Married To A Man 18years Older? My Gawd! by llemisy(f): 2:43pm On May 04, 2011
did yu guys need to take frenadol over another persons chronic headache?,,,,,,,,,lolll is nt funny atall
Re: Getting Married To A Man 18years Older? My Gawd! by MMM2(m): 2:54pm On May 04, 2011
op
i thought u re d 1 get married.
Re: Getting Married To A Man 18years Older? My Gawd! by marychi18: 5:27pm On May 04, 2011
190:

shocked shocked cry cry cry cry

im sorry for throwing words at you and meant not a single damn thing i said cry cry

yeah i know. i forgave u dat same day.
Re: Getting Married To A Man 18years Older? My Gawd! by 190: 5:35pm On May 04, 2011
marychi18:

yeah i know. i forgave u dat same day.
kiss kiss
Re: Getting Married To A Man 18years Older? My Gawd! by iv4real(f): 10:51pm On May 04, 2011
Its very natural for you to be worried about your friend. She is not a kid, if she feels comfortable with the age, its her life. You just have to support her and be happy for her and pray for her. our worries, she might yAlready people have started mistaking your concern for jealousy. Just let it be, because if you tell your friend about also mistake it for jealousy.
Re: Getting Married To A Man 18years Older? My Gawd! by 190: 12:11pm On May 08, 2011
shocked shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies, Who Is A Handsome Man? / 4 Ways To Break Up With A Lady / What Is The Best Gift A Man Can Give His Wife??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.