Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,717 members, 7,969,093 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 07:18 PM

The Igbo Just Lost Again!losing Ohakim Likely To 'defeat' Victorious Apga! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Igbo Just Lost Again!losing Ohakim Likely To 'defeat' Victorious Apga! (1350 Views)

If You Want To Anoyed Igbo Just Say Rocha! / The Igbo Just Lost Again!speakership Remains In Sw! / Igbo Just Lost!jonathan Sacks Igbo Minister! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Igbo Just Lost Again!losing Ohakim Likely To 'defeat' Victorious Apga! by TNUBU4LIFE: 12:53am On May 02, 2011
Four resident electoral commissioners have been recruited by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to administer the crucial rerun elections in Imo State on Friday, May 6, 2001. shocked shocked shocked

The rerun election was decided upon at a Friday meeting headed by Prof. Attahiru Jega to determine what needed to be done to avert a constitutional crisis in the state. Unscrupulous INEC officials had connived with the incumbent governor, Ikedi Ohakim, to declare the state gubernatorial elections held on April 26 2011 "inconclusive" even though it was out rightly won by the APGA candidate, Rochas Okorocha.
INEC has contacted for state RECs to conduct a "credible election rerun" but SaharaReporters sources said two of the RECs recruited have a troubled history of electoral fraud and could not be trusted to deliver on the hopes and expectations of the people of Imo state who are aspiring to end the tragic leadership of Mr. Ohakim in the state via last Friday's election.

As SaharaReporters already revealed, Nigeria's president, Goodluck Jonathan weighed in at the last minute to ensure that a rerun in four local government areas and one ward in the state is conducted. President Jonathan wants to provide Ohakim a better chance at winning the rerun especially in Oguta where former Senator Arthur Nzeribe hails from.
Already, voters in the state have condemned the inclusion of Humphrey Nwaghene, formerly the REC at Delta state who had declared Emmanuel Uduaghan as the governor in 2007, an election that was later upturned by an appeal court tribunal. Mr. Nwaghene is currently the REC in Ebonyi. Also troubling is the inclusion of Hon. Ikoiwak Aniebe, the REC of Rivers state, who is to manage the process. Election analysts told SaharaReporters that Mr. Aniebe has poor electoral records and could not be trusted to midwife a free and fair rerun in Imo state.
Other officials contacted to conduct the rerun include Mike Ighini, current the REC of Cross Rivers state and Austin Okogie of Abia state.
Re: The Igbo Just Lost Again!losing Ohakim Likely To 'defeat' Victorious Apga! by chioma134: 1:16am On May 02, 2011
I reject it in Jesus' name.Ohakim will lose in Jesus' name.Amen.
Re: The Igbo Just Lost Again!losing Ohakim Likely To 'defeat' Victorious Apga! by dempeople(m): 1:40am On May 02, 2011
@OP

Worry about your wretched life and not other people. Wetin concern you concern Igbo? Igbo this, Igbo that. Na by force?
Re: The Igbo Just Lost Again!losing Ohakim Likely To 'defeat' Victorious Apga! by nanidee(f): 2:05am On May 02, 2011
why is everyone always crying "igbos, igbos, igbos". Is it born out of envy, or just out of sheer hatred embarassed

hmmm. Na wa o.
Re: The Igbo Just Lost Again!losing Ohakim Likely To 'defeat' Victorious Apga! by EzeUche2(m): 2:06am On May 02, 2011
Seems like the Igbos are winning, because we are not in opposition. cool
Re: The Igbo Just Lost Again!losing Ohakim Likely To 'defeat' Victorious Apga! by seanet02: 4:20am On May 02, 2011
EzeUche_:

Seems like the Igbos are winning, because we are not in opposition. cool
Sometimes you show off your ingenuinety with unreasonable conclusions. How does not being in the mainstream translates to underdevelopment? You are not going to tell me an ohakim should be allowed to continue just because of mainstream. Of what use is the centre when there is no development?
Re: The Igbo Just Lost Again!losing Ohakim Likely To 'defeat' Victorious Apga! by Abagworo(m): 5:22am On May 02, 2011
nanidee:

why is everyone always crying "igbos, igbos, igbos". Is it born out of envy, or just out of sheer hatred embarassed

hmmm. Na wa o.

I will like to know if you are from Imo state.I was in Owerri over the weekend and the tension was so high.I think Imo State is now advanced and I foresee an ungovernable State for Ohakim if he is forced down the throat of Imolites.Keke operators are planning a strike,Tanker drivers are planning a strike,Teachers are planning a strike,Churches are out for him.90% of the streets hate him.
Re: The Igbo Just Lost Again!losing Ohakim Likely To 'defeat' Victorious Apga! by nanidee(f): 2:29pm On May 02, 2011
^^ yeah, I am proudly Imo. wink

Lol, it seems like everyone cant just wait to get rid of the nuisance.

What I dont seem to understand is this; Is he just pretending not to know that majority of the people do not want him governing them, or he just does not care? Really beats me.

Also, seems like people are anticipating his rigging the election, that's why they are meeting on strategies to employ in the event of the rigging.

Some people cant just read between the lines.

SMH
Re: The Igbo Just Lost Again!losing Ohakim Likely To 'defeat' Victorious Apga! by iudoagwu(m): 6:06pm On May 02, 2011
Let us face the facts, if Ohakim wins it means more development for the state, it means continuity and consistency, past records have shown that Governors who were allowed to continue their progress with a second tenure have always done wonderful things for their state. any new governor coming in will want to start fresh projects, this is not what the state needs, the state needs progress and progress can only be achieved through continuity and completion of already started projects. This is what the masses want, completion and commissioning of projects not starting new projects.
Re: The Igbo Just Lost Again!losing Ohakim Likely To 'defeat' Victorious Apga! by TCollins1: 6:07pm On May 02, 2011
@ Poster, Its not fair to totally condemn your fellow countrymen due to one or two probelms or mistake they had in the past(that's if you are correct with all your allegations). No one slate is clean, you can testify to that. For Inec boss(Jega) to appoint them, he believes he has employed the best hands for the rerun election. We should be positive in the way we think. i wonder why all these allegations to INEC officials, is it because it involves Ohakim? please let's be positive.
Re: The Igbo Just Lost Again!losing Ohakim Likely To 'defeat' Victorious Apga! by nomsofidel: 6:53pm On May 02, 2011
Lol, it seems like everyone cant just wait to get rid of the nuisance.

What I dont seem to understand is this; Is he just pretending not to know that majority of the people do not want him governing them, or he just does not care? Really beats me.

Also, seems like people are anticipating his rigging the election, that's why they are meeting on strategies to employ in the event of the rigging.

Some people cant just read between the lines.

SMH

I smell prejudice, Is Ohakim the worst governor in Nigeria?
Re: The Igbo Just Lost Again!losing Ohakim Likely To 'defeat' Victorious Apga! by seanet02: 6:54pm On May 02, 2011
They are born to lose.
Re: The Igbo Just Lost Again!losing Ohakim Likely To 'defeat' Victorious Apga! by bashr4: 7:11pm On May 02, 2011
the is misleading or is ohakim not igbo? interms of development imo state is not doing that bad even though rochas might perform better
Re: The Igbo Just Lost Again!losing Ohakim Likely To 'defeat' Victorious Apga! by kellybaba(m): 8:26pm On May 02, 2011
Any Government whoo does not feel the pulse of the people will have problems and serious problems at that.Ask anyone in Imo State especially the poor masses(not the ruling class in Imo) and 95% will tell you how they cant wait to see a new Governor in Imo State.

I think the only thing that is permanent in life is change and change when it does come sweeps away any resistance to it.I urge all political actors to show restraint and play by the rules guided by that fact that sovereignty lies with us-the voting public.

We'll take the money oo if it comes but we'll vote right and protect our votes !
Re: The Igbo Just Lost Again!losing Ohakim Likely To 'defeat' Victorious Apga! by Afam4eva(m): 8:32pm On May 02, 2011
Let's call a spade a spade and a shovel a shovel. Ohakim has not done badly. Two years into his term as governor i heard great things about his administration. I think his problem started when he started beating up anyone that spoke evil of him. He has some human right issues that's why i think he should go and let Rochas hold sway.
Re: The Igbo Just Lost Again!losing Ohakim Likely To 'defeat' Victorious Apga! by wesley80(m): 9:33pm On May 02, 2011
I took one look at the list of Governors assumed to be the best performing in the country and I knew a list that included Chime, Akpabio and Oshiomhole certainly had to have Ohakim also.
Fact is Ohakim has done creditably well but failed to sell himself to his people. In his quest for development perhaps he overlooked the most critical factor in any endeavor - humans. Here was a Governor who got to power by sheer luck and his first projects were anti - people. The outright ban of motorbikes and the ruthless destruction of illegal structures all over the state put him in the bad book of the general populace add to that his run in with the revered Catholic church where he openly assaulted a Reverend Father, his crosscarpeting to the PDP,his penchant for deploying state security to intimidate opponents and other misdemeanors that clearly portrayed him as a pompous, untrustworthy and desperate politician and u'll begin to understand why a governor that has done creditably well is being ranked alongside dummys like Uduaghan, Akala and Orji. I'm sure he's smart enough to have learnt his lessons but in all, I cant help but give credit to the Imo people who have in their own 'inconclusive' way demonstrated the might of the people. Certainly which ever way this eventually sways(forget the conspiracy theories he still has serious support in the state), imo people wont fare badly cos even though Ohakim has got serious attitude problems, he's got goodworks to compensate ask Deltans what they have with Uduaghan.
Re: The Igbo Just Lost Again!losing Ohakim Likely To 'defeat' Victorious Apga! by Abagworo(m): 1:06am On May 03, 2011
wesley80:

(forget the conspiracy theories he still has serious support in the state)

This is exactly the same method of propaganda employed in the presidential elections.90% of people in Imo don't want Ohakim.I understand everything.The plan is that when there is break down of law and order ,Rochas will be accused of using thugs to ferment trouble.

Na wa for PDP.
Re: The Igbo Just Lost Again!losing Ohakim Likely To 'defeat' Victorious Apga! by nanidee(f): 3:57am On May 03, 2011
nomsofidel:

I smell prejudice, Is Ohakim the worst governor in Nigeria?

He may not be the worst, but majority of the people he governs do not like him. It looks like he was vehemently forced down the throats of the people, who are not the least bit satisfied to have him govern them.

He is supposed to be there for the people, and in a case where the majority do not want him, then he might as well give someone else the chance.
Re: The Igbo Just Lost Again!losing Ohakim Likely To 'defeat' Victorious Apga! by nduchucks: 6:20am On May 03, 2011
I wondder wheether you people are aware of the zoning arangement in place in Imo. Ohakim is supposed to serve his second term or someone from his area is supposed to serve for another 4 years before power is to shift to the next zone. This zoning will be honoured and I can assure folks that Ohakim will prevail. It will be good for peace in the area.
Re: The Igbo Just Lost Again!losing Ohakim Likely To 'defeat' Victorious Apga! by wesley80(m): 9:01am On May 03, 2011
@Abagworo,
I actually forgot u r a member of the CPC. Its understandable that after going thru Buhari's systematic brainwash it becomes next to impossible to view any contest as capable of being fair. For the record, if i had to vote i'lld vote Rochas but i certainly do not believe Ohakim is a poor choice as he's being portrayed therefor i wont lose much sleep if he eventually won. That said, may the will of the people prevail.
Re: The Igbo Just Lost Again!losing Ohakim Likely To 'defeat' Victorious Apga! by solotuonye: 9:22am On May 03, 2011
He may not be the worst, but majority of the people he governs do not like him. It looks like he was vehemently forced down the throats of the people, who are not the least bit satisfied to have him govern them.

He is supposed to be there for the people, and in a case where the majority do not want him, then he might as well give someone else the chance.

You can understand that I am not here to campaign for anybody, just to make everyone reason like educated people we are. I was once a hater of the Governor until I found out things for myself. I went to Owerri to discover that the News I have been hearing about the Governor were all either fabricated or exaggerated. I understood that it was a calculated attempt by some opponents to smear his image and bring him down. Should I then continue in that blind attempt just because everybody is going that way

I am not blaming you for any decision you take politically, but I am appealing to everybody to take Imo state as our own and work for the betterment of the state. Ohakim has visibly started some plausible works, see for yourself, why dont we just allow him one more tenure just to finish it I am trying to avoid a situation where some other person will come in and abandon those projects and we keep going backwards, Imolites lets come together to forgive and forget and put the interest of Imo first.
Re: The Igbo Just Lost Again!losing Ohakim Likely To 'defeat' Victorious Apga! by solotuonye: 9:27am On May 03, 2011
This is exactly the same method of propaganda employed in the presidential elections.90% of people in Imo don't want Ohakim.I understand everything.The plan is that when there is break down of law and order ,Rochas will be accused of using thugs to ferment trouble.

Na wa for PDP.

Nobody is accusing anybody of causing trouble, but when people decide to take laws into their own hands, should we sit and watch while innocent people are harassed and property destroyed If such situation needs to be brought under control with force, will we call it witch hunting Why are we now asking Goodluck to bring the situation in the North under control with soldiers Should Buhari call it witch hunt? Please lets all reason objectively like good Imolites. We shouldn't come here to fight ourselves.
Re: The Igbo Just Lost Again!losing Ohakim Likely To 'defeat' Victorious Apga! by arinzeeze: 10:00am On May 03, 2011

i speak from the happening around. i see a man that is been fought by "god-fathers" that were deprived of their usually share of the state cake. It is never easy to fight strong holds and have yourself work freely without a crack at your back. If there is one thing that must be done first in this state is to fight god-fatherhood and ohakim has done that to a large extent. These god-fathers have structure all over the state and with this they can sell anything to the public as propaganda or rumor. This in turn has created a bad perception in the minds of the people that even though they see the truth they will fail to appreciate it because their minds are been made up already and their vision has been clouded by propaganda and news without facts. now here are the questions what happened to our morality and our humanity? where did we keep our sense of reasoning? Let us filter whatever we hear, criticize constructively and vote wisely.
Re: The Igbo Just Lost Again!losing Ohakim Likely To 'defeat' Victorious Apga! by texazzpete(m): 7:12pm On May 03, 2011
afam4eva:

Let's call a spade a spade and a shovel a shovel. Ohakim has not done badly. Two years into his term as governor i heard great things about his administration. I think his problem started when he started beating up anyone that spoke evil of him. He has some human right issues that's why i think he should go and let Rochas hold sway.

You HEARD?!

Abeg let people on ground actually comment. His own people do not want him, you think they are under mass hypnosis? Maybe na the DSTV advert dey deceive you.
Re: The Igbo Just Lost Again!losing Ohakim Likely To 'defeat' Victorious Apga! by Areosapien(m): 7:32pm On Oct 16, 2011
And the tribalists were still put to shame.

You call yourselves Nigerians but hope for us to fail,
You fast and pray to pin our coffin with its matching nail.
But even with your schadenfreude we throw this line to you:
"The lord we serve has silenced you, and this you know is true"

cool

(1) (Reply)

2015: Power Goes To Isoko / BREAKING NEWS!!!!! Suicide Bomber Blows Up Church In Bauchi / Light Rail: ’our Plan To Move Lagosians Around With Ease By 2014’ – Commissioner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.