Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,165 members, 7,880,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 11:25 PM

High Standard Of Living Of Igbos Before The Civil War - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / High Standard Of Living Of Igbos Before The Civil War (5937 Views)

Safety Living Of The Citizens Is Governor Seyi Makinde’s Priority—Damola Fantola / Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War / Onoja: What We Did To Biafra Soldiers During The Civil War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: High Standard Of Living Of Igbos Before The Civil War by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jun 04, 2021
fregeneh:

Don't be bamboos by that guy if he want the names of those his brothers in prison maybe he should go and check the record of the prisons in the east.. And as for that one that call himself eduj don't mind him he is just deceiving himself with fake screen shot that can be read very tiny stuf

Isn't my fault that you can't but put your browser in " data saver mode". Switching off data saver in your browser will make the screenshots very easy to read- your guy didn't complain that he couldn't see it
I can likewise send the link to you- that's if you can afford 30mb to download the ebook

4 Likes

Re: High Standard Of Living Of Igbos Before The Civil War by fregeneh(m): 2:43pm On Jun 04, 2021
PoloG:
this is stale nigga. how can a tribe that can loot common 10naira onions offer help to others? grin grin you can't afford common onions due to poverty and you want to offer help to yorubas grin grin
Hahahahahaha Okija shrine famous for what again? grin grin
Look at people that were documented by the europeans to be cannibals calling others cannibals shocked .. wonder shall never end....

I begin to doubt if his really an IBO person, IBO accusing Yoruba of cannibalism and eating of rat, definitely the idiot is not IBO otherwise he should have known that those evils up there are IBO's stock in trade

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: High Standard Of Living Of Igbos Before The Civil War by fregeneh(m): 3:09pm On Jun 04, 2021
IGBOSON1:

I may not have voiced it out, but secretly....within me, i also share the same sentiment that the Nzeogwu coup was just a convenient excuse used to 'rein us in' by Igbo-haters and those who felt Igbos/Eastern-Region had it good and were developing too fast and leaving them behind!

I don't know why the likes of Zik, Ironsi, Nzeogwu and other Igbos who naively believed and were comfortable with 'one Nigeria', didn't read the handwriting on the wall and know it was just a matter of time before something would be done to 'cut Igbos down to size'! The signs were there: the killings of Igbos in the north in the 50s; the deliberations in the northern house of assembly in the 60s (i think it was the 60s) that discussed how to curtail Igbo achievements in the north; the Sadauna interview that labelled Igbos as a invading, greedy, controlling and power-hungry lot; and the anti-Igbo speech by Akintola! The signs couldn't have been clearer or better spelt out for our forebears to see, but they chose to ignore them and continue with 'one Nigeria'....probably thinking the constitution agreed upon by all regions on 1st Oct' 1960 was enough to forestall any scheming and plots against us!

Another thing was that this same 'negative' attitude was also apparent within Ndigbo as well (yes, envy and hate can also exist within a family....look at Cain and Abel shocked)! There were parts of Alaigbo that were more prominent nationally and were progressing better and faster than others, and this led to accusations of 'marginalisation, exclusion and lording it over others'! This was within Ndigbo, so you can imagine how it was between Ndigbo and other ethnicities in the then Eastern Region! This was why, during the uncivil war, outsiders found it easy to sow the seeds of discord amongst us and find saboteurs that helped them make inroads into the East; they (the sabos) were easily convinced their actions would 'liberate' their people from Igbo 'oppression and control'!

I

1 Like

Re: High Standard Of Living Of Igbos Before The Civil War by Obamaofusa: 3:26pm On Jun 04, 2021
Igboid:

Pained Yoruba Muslim.

Where is your stat for the type of crimes committed by Igbo prisoners?

Resisting a colonial tax collector was a crime in 1940 punishable by jail sentence or fines.
Resisting British colonialism was a crime and all the warriors who fought and lost were summarily arrested and jailed.
No where in Nigeria were there more resistance to colonialism than Igboland,the Igbos were never a people to accept subjugation without putting up a fight,so rationally speaking, there should be more Igbo prisoners than any other ethnicity in Nigeria.

I mean Yorubaland literally invited the British to come and colonize them after they got tired of protracted Kiriji wars. So how exactly were they going to have high colonial prisoners?

The Bini were a monarchical people, once you arrest the Oba and jail him in Calabar, they all surrendered. But the Igbo were not monarchical. There was no single head to arrest to end it all. Mass arrest was the only way and even that was not always effective as new ring leaders usually sprang up.

Look at your extreme stupidity.So it was during the resistance that the stats was gotten?
What ignorance.
FBI 80 is also resistance,abi?
Prof Elhis warning the world about the criminality of Igbos is also resistance,abi?
South Africans rejecting the Igbos,Ghanaians rejection of the Igbos,Asians sterotype of the Igbos as criminals and so on...
Your criminal mind is really deluded.

1 Like

Re: High Standard Of Living Of Igbos Before The Civil War by ThumbzTNA(m): 8:30pm On Jun 11, 2021
This thread

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ike Ekweremadu Joins APGA / NEW NAIRA NOTES: Has Anyone Noticed This? And Is It True In Your Area Too? / Pastors Who Prophesied Tinubu Would Not Be President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.