Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,729 members, 7,882,465 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 06:25 AM

Faleke Dissociate Self From Ojodu Protest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Faleke Dissociate Self From Ojodu Protest (278 Views)

Bello Shagari Kicks As Middle Beltans Dissociate Themselves From "North" / 9 Ondo House Members Dissociate Themselves From Impeachnent Of Agboola Ajayi / Dino Melaye: Thugs Caught By Police Have Confessed That Sunday Faleke Sent Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Faleke Dissociate Self From Ojodu Protest by aguele(m): 4:39pm On Jun 03, 2021
The Member representing Ikeja federal constituency, Hon. James Faleke has reacted to a news making the rounds that he was among those sponsoring APC members protesting against nomination of Cardinal Odumbaku son as Chairman in Ojodu LCDA.

In a statement signed by the Lawmaker, Faleke exonerated himself, advising Lagosians to jettison the news.

He reiterated the need to set the facts and record straight for the fact that such a fake story may be taken on its face value by some unwary and gullible persons.

According to the Lawmaker "I am a member of APC, the party that is so precious to me, it is impossible to now turn the mind of our party members against our party leaders.

"I have moved on because Asiwaju has told us to tell our people to let go and calm them down. we've communicated same to our people. though they are bitter about it and that may have led them to express themselves in the manner they did".

The Lagos lawmaker also said he could not have sponsored such a protest where he too has been labeled a target by the organizers and his house was threatened to be razed down on wednesday morning by party members in ojodu.

He further assured his believes in the right of Lagosians to freedom of expression, assembly, and protest where and when necessary, as he has always canvassed the need for people to explore peaceful channels to ventilate their views and demands.

"For the fact that empowerment buses donated to constituents who are transporters are seen during protest does not mean it was done by me, He said.

He urged those spreading rumours to however stop because our leader has assured us he will act.

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari Is Not Genocidal! Adesina Declares, Reveals Why He Loves The Pr / BREAKING: Police Commission Confirms Alkali Baba As IGP / Ogun APC screening committee clears Adesina of alleged certificate forgery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.