Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,278 members, 7,881,039 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:23 AM

Why Biafra Might Have The Largest Military In Africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Biafra Might Have The Largest Military In Africa (4164 Views)

Why Biafra Might Come Earlier Than You Expected / GSS Kaduna Kidnap: Military In Firefight With Gang Who Kidnapped Students / Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Biafra Might Have The Largest Military In Africa by MilitaryAnalyst: 12:40pm On Jun 04, 2021
From history, we have seen that how a country gets its independence tells on how it treats it's future.

Israel got her independence through bloodshed and great sacrifice and today we can see her military.

China got her independence through bloodshed and great sacrifice as well, being humiliated and dehumanized by Imperial Japan and today we see how they've taken a stand never to allow a repeat of such again.

If Biafra gets her independence through bloodshed and great sacrifice it will forever be in Biafrans mind making them super patriotic and will flood in mass into their military force.

Owing to her large population of 25 million people, this gives her advantage to get a lot of citizens willing to stand to the defense of the land.

The only thing I see which some might term a disadvantage is lack of a naval force due to the fact that the tribes of SS have expressed that they will not be part of Biafra, not withstanding a lack of a navy is not a lack of a strong military force.

Biafra could field nothing less than 500000 soldiers and above.

Nigeria could push Biafra to create one of the strongest military force in Africa.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Biafra Might Have The Largest Military In Africa by Emann1000(m): 12:43pm On Jun 04, 2021
It would be catastrophic for both sides
Re: Why Biafra Might Have The Largest Military In Africa by budaatum: 12:51pm On Jun 04, 2021
If Biafra gets her independence through bloodshed and great sacrifice it will forever be in Biafrans mind making them super patriotic and will flood in mass into their military force.

I know they don't teach history in our schools, but has Biafra not already tried to gain "independence through bloodshed and great sacrifice", or are you not Igbo so you never heard the stories of those that were sacrificed in your family?

I think it is time to use the brain to get Biafra, if its worth getting that is, but I get some might just want to die for nothing! Again!

7 Likes

Re: Why Biafra Might Have The Largest Military In Africa by Whiteangel1234: 12:55pm On Jun 04, 2021
Akwa Ibom is Natural Ally and Friend of Biafra , the Last President of Biafra General Philip Effiong is from Akwa Ibom , which have direct access to sea
. If Ijaw refuse to Join Biafra we can always have access to the sea via Akwa Ibom which even have the highest oil deposit in Niger Delta

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Biafra Might Have The Largest Military In Africa by Silvertrinity(f): 12:58pm On Jun 04, 2021
Hmm
Re: Why Biafra Might Have The Largest Military In Africa by umunaija: 1:03pm On Jun 04, 2021
We are over 50 million, stop writing what you don't know. And until referendum is held, you can never know who is going with who. That some northerners are on nairaland forming south south, does not make them south south spoke person. For your information, we will be more than happy to form a country that is made up of only Igbos. We will do great with or without south south but we can never be angry with them if they choose to be on their own. They are great people. Divide and rule.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Biafra Might Have The Largest Military In Africa by umunaija: 1:06pm On Jun 04, 2021
budaatum:

I know they don't teach history in our schools, but has Biafra not already tried to gain "independence through bloodshed and great sacrifice", or are you not Igbo so you never heard the stories of those that were sacrificed in your family?

I think it is time to use the brain to get Biafra, if its worth getting that is, but I get some might just want to die for nothing! Again!

He is not Igbo, he is divide and rule people. They always claim Igbo but give themselves out through their write-up

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Biafra Might Have The Largest Military In Africa by budaatum: 1:11pm On Jun 04, 2021
umunaija:

He is not Igbo, he is divide and rule people. They always claim Igbo but give themselves out through their write-up

I thought as much. Imagine the cunning of trying to eliminate Igbos by slying leading them like lambs to the slaughter!

I am not Igbo neither, just that I thought an Igbo person would have learnt from the past and become more smarter at achieving their goal rather than ignorantly repeating the mistakes of the past.
Re: Why Biafra Might Have The Largest Military In Africa by mrvitalis(m): 1:13pm On Jun 04, 2021
Whiteangel1234:
Akwa Ibom is Natural Ally and Friend of Biafra , the Last President of Biafra General Philip Effiong is from Akwa Ibom , which have direct access to sea
. If Ijaw refuse to Join Biafra we can always have access to the sea via Akwa Ibom which even have the highest oil deposit in Niger Delta
U lots make it look like igbos are desperate to have Niger deltans in biafra then use your other account to act like Niger deltans don't want biafra

Sad thing is lots of niger delta people really believe igbos wants them in biafra LMAO

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Biafra Might Have The Largest Military In Africa by ablejesus26(m): 1:17pm On Jun 04, 2021
budaatum:

God bless you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Biafra Might Have The Largest Military In Africa by NASTYNASOSO: 1:21pm On Jun 04, 2021
HMmmmmm

DOES SIZE MATTER

Re: Why Biafra Might Have The Largest Military In Africa by umunaija: 1:24pm On Jun 04, 2021
mrvitalis:

U lots make it look like igbos are desperate to have Niger deltans in biafra then use your other account to act like Niger deltans don't want biafra

Sad thing is lots of niger delta people really believe igbos wants them in biafra LMAO

That's what they do, open two accounts, one as Igbo, the other as ijaws or Edo, and start arguing with both of them. Claiming that South South must join Biafra, that they don't have choice. People are falling for their tricks. I have always said that South South are at liberty to do whatever they like. Igbos will survive with or without south south. South South knows in their hearts who is waiting patiently for their oils, Igbos that I know don't care. One thing is sure, we will always be neighbors if they choose to stay on their own. We are not begging or quarreling with them.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Biafra Might Have The Largest Military In Africa by budaatum: 1:25pm On Jun 04, 2021
ablejesus26:

God bless you.

And God bless you too, and the entire Nigeria and every Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Why Biafra Might Have The Largest Military In Africa by tutudesz: 2:18pm On Jun 04, 2021
Whiteangel1234:
We are not joining undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Biafra Might Have The Largest Military In Africa by 2elliot: 2:28pm On Jun 04, 2021
Whiteangel1234:
If you look at your map, you will see that akwa Ibom and Cross Rivers are more eastern than even the south east in the south. Na pure witch craft Nigeria take remove these two states from south east and then added them to south south.

4 Likes

Re: Why Biafra Might Have The Largest Military In Africa by BKayy: 2:30pm On Jun 04, 2021
Not Might but MUST
The existence of Biafra is to checkmate the oppressors, Jihadists and Islamists alike.
The birth of Biafra will be the end of Islamisation in West Africa

5 Likes

Re: Why Biafra Might Have The Largest Military In Africa by BKayy: 2:34pm On Jun 04, 2021
budaatum:

First of all, it is an insult to say Igbo Kwenu (We are not fools, onye na ekwere gị ife nwa?)
The right word is Igbo mma mma nụ or Igbo ekele mụ ụnụ
Second of all, Biafra wants to be free not negotiate with terrorists to give them name like Nigeria is which is a country that is not yet independent.
"Freedom is taken not Given"

1 Like

Re: Why Biafra Might Have The Largest Military In Africa by 2elliot: 2:36pm On Jun 04, 2021
tutudesz:

Yet they will remain your neighbors and not the hausas. Na big fences with better weapons igbos go set for borders when the fulanis final dip the Quran in the atlantic and drive you lots out of your land.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Biafra Might Have The Largest Military In Africa by tutudesz: 2:38pm On Jun 04, 2021
2elliot:
Yet they will remain your neighbors and not the hausas. Na big fences with better weapons igbos go set for borders when the fulanis final dip the Quran in the atlantic and drive you lots out of your land.
Abeg build a big and strong fence O!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Biafra Might Have The Largest Military In Africa by BKayy: 2:42pm On Jun 04, 2021
Whiteangel1234:
Even with SE, Ndigbo have the closest link to Atlantic ocean which is OBUAKU 25nm to the link to Atlantic compared to onne and Calabar which are 30 and 35nm respectively.
Study the map and ask questions.
Even with only SE, Igboland has never been landlocked.
SE port is closer than Apapa and Lekki sea port which are (35 and 45nm respectively)
There is a very big difference between beach and Ports. It is extremely difficult and costly to construct ports on beaches that is why you use the closest linking river as port. Which unfortunately SE have the closest in Nigeria

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Biafra Might Have The Largest Military In Africa by 2elliot: 2:43pm On Jun 04, 2021
tutudesz:

Abeg build a big and strong fence O!!
Be sincere, if it ever happens that Biafrans succeeded in seceding from Nigeria and Niger Delta republic does not come, won't you shit in your pants living on one indivisible country in UAR?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Biafra Might Have The Largest Military In Africa by umunaija: 2:52pm On Jun 04, 2021
tutudesz:

You claim in the other thread that you are ijaw, now you are claiming akwa cross, nawaa for you. Am suspecting that you are not even a southerner

4 Likes

Re: Why Biafra Might Have The Largest Military In Africa by tutudesz: 2:53pm On Jun 04, 2021
umunaija:

You claim in the other thread that you are ijaw, now you are claiming akwa cross, nawaa for you. Am suspecting that you are not even a southerner
Were did I mention I was Akwa cross, He said Ijaws may join and I said no

1 Like

Re: Why Biafra Might Have The Largest Military In Africa by EdoDefence: 2:57pm On Jun 04, 2021
I don't really think size matters when it comes to the military power but your tools and training
Re: Why Biafra Might Have The Largest Military In Africa by mrsoludomeka(m): 3:06pm On Jun 04, 2021
I enjoy reading good posts about igbo tribes,"igbo amaka" am proud to be an igbo man.God bless biafrans and God bless nnamdi kanu.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Biafra Might Have The Largest Military In Africa by umunaija: 3:07pm On Jun 04, 2021
tutudesz:

Were did I mention I was Akwa cross, He said Ijaws may join and I said no

First he is not the spoke person of the Igbos, likewise you are not the spoke person of the ijaws, majority of the Igbos if referendum is held, may or may not want the ijaws to join, like majority of ijaws may or may not want to join Igbos. All this nonsense tribalism you guys ( Igbos, Yorubas, ijaws, etc) are showing on nairaland is funny. You all are not the representatives of the people and have no influence to do anything if your people choose otherwise. You are just an individual. N.b I still know that 90% of people here are not from the tribe they claim on nairaland. Most of this thing started after asaba declaration by the governors

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Biafra Might Have The Largest Military In Africa by Christistruth00: 3:13pm On Jun 04, 2021
“ No Power in Black Africa can defeat Biafra “

Ojukwu in 1967 before fleeing into exile after the Collapse of Biafra in 1970

2 Likes

Re: Why Biafra Might Have The Largest Military In Africa by tutudesz: 3:20pm On Jun 04, 2021
umunaija:

First he is not the spoke person of the Igbos, likewise you are not the spoke person of the ijaws, majority of the Igbos if referendum is held, may or may not want the ijaws to join, like majority of ijaws may or may not want to join Igbos. All this nonsense tribalism you guys ( Igbos, Yorubas, ijaws, etc) are showing on nairaland is funny. You all are not the representatives of the people and have no influence to do anything if your people choose otherwise. You are just an individual. N.b I still know that 90% of people here are not from the tribe they claim on nairaland. Most of this thing started after asaba declaration by the governors
The Ijaw National Congress (Ijaw elders) Ijaw youth Congress(Ijaw youth) have said it countless times that Ijaws are not part of biafra, infact every ethnic groups in Delta south and central have said the same thing.

2 Likes

Re: Why Biafra Might Have The Largest Military In Africa by ken6488(m): 3:26pm On Jun 04, 2021
Yeah as far as they exclude Niger delta

1 Like

Re: Why Biafra Might Have The Largest Military In Africa by ken6488(m): 3:27pm On Jun 04, 2021
Whiteangel1234:
Akwa ibom is a Niger delta state keep off

1 Like

Re: Why Biafra Might Have The Largest Military In Africa by budaatum: 3:31pm On Jun 04, 2021
BKayy:

First of all, it is an insult to say Igbo Kwenu (We are not fools, onye na ekwere gị ife nwa?)
The right word is Igbo mma mma nụ or Igbo ekele mụ ụnụ
You will have to give me those in English because my Ibo is no more than that, though I'd say the full “Igbo kwere na ihe ha kwuru”, but I haven't found a meme for it yet.

The assumptions is that "the Ibo people stand together in agreement and collective will”, but I'm finding that not to be the case as Peter Obi and Atiku make some choke.

BKayy:

Second of all, Biafra wants to be free not negotiate with terrorists to give them name like Nigeria is which is a country that is not yet independent.
"Freedom is taken not Given"
As for the above, no one is asking you to negotiate with terrorists if you do not want to, though I would be rather you not call my government terrorists since we are not so dumb as to have elected terrorist! Be that as you prefer, "Use the brain" is the phrase I used, which could mean use intelligence, or wisdom, or wiliness, or slyliness, or cunning, or deviousness, or just about anything you can use to get or take what you want except shedding your blood and losing your life which has already been tried but which woefully failed.

I mean, you must have learnt from past experiences and become wiser and smarter. No?

1 Like

Re: Why Biafra Might Have The Largest Military In Africa by ifynicky: 3:38pm On Jun 04, 2021
Biafra population is upto 75m people....

Yes the military might will be 2nd to none in Africa and compete with some European countries

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FACT CHECK : Is Igbo Land A Small Dot In A Circle? / Diri And His Divisive Politics In Bayelsa PDP - Ebi Jamaica / Gender-Based Violence: Monica Ugwuanyi Urges Victims To Speak Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.