Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,939 members, 7,890,092 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 09:11 AM

Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN (46321 Views)

Aminu Adamu Mocked The Death Of Deborah Samuel Before Aisha Buhari Tweet / Again, Twitter Deletes President Buhari’s "Genocidal Threat" Video / Twitter Deletes Buhari’s Tweet About Nigerian Civil War - Peoples Gazette (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by Jostoman: 9:08am On Jun 05, 2021
Rissamenti:
.LESSON FOR TWITTER: DO NOT MESS WITH THE GIANT OF AFRICA

a giant of Africa that cannot guarantee the safety and security of citizen.

A giant of Africa that always stand in the way of his citizen whenever they discovered a legitimate business that can give them money to survive.

A giant of Africa that cannot provide Job for citizen but always come up with one useless N-POWER program a year to election to deceive people is that one a giant of Africa.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by nengibo: 9:09am On Jun 05, 2021
Ugandatales:

I don't support the ban but trust me, Twitter will not become more popular. You might be tech savvy, but how many Nigerians will want to go through stress of using VPN to go on Twitter. Nigerians like things easy... majority will probably move to another social media site similar to Twitter. Personally, I rarely go on Twitter, even though I opened my account with them in 2009. Now that they are banned, I definitely won't be using no VPN to go on there. I am okay with Nairaland and Instagram.
Only the curiosity is enough to drive more Nigerians to twitter, Government wey dey learn work from Chinese masters do you think the ban will stop at Twitter

Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by NoSentiment: 9:15am On Jun 05, 2021
gift2xl:
Mallam will remain a mallam, if you like spell from the front or from the back na mallam u go get.

Nyamiri will always be nyamiri. So Nnamdi Kanu can spew trash and Twitter will not delete them, yet when the president tweets they delete his. Ur president iss being denigrated and treated unfairly and u are happy because of religious and ethnic sentiment, mumu.
Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by ogwumgbe: 9:18am On Jun 05, 2021
Rissamenti:

Being a democracy does not make us a mumu country that Twitter can insult anyhow, sorry.

I love this, it's now that this useless smelly cow will understand the destructive power of western media. Biafra is even coming faster than I imagined

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by lhawarl1(m): 9:21am On Jun 05, 2021
Rissamenti:

Being a democracy does not make us a mumu country that Twitter can insult anyhow, sorry.
What's there to be proud of in the country? Shey the money wey you people dey borrow from China, wey your generations no fit pay back dey make you proud ni? Abi what?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by ogwumgbe: 9:21am On Jun 05, 2021
Jostoman:
a giant of Africa that cannot guarantee the safety and security of citizen.

A giant of Africa that always stand in the way of his citizen whenever they discovered a legitimate business that can give them money to survive.

A giant of Africa that cannot provide Job for citizen but always come up with one useless N-POWER program a year to election to deceive people is that one a giant of Africa.

Dwarf of Africa is the right name of the zoo. Any country that's worse than Nigeria in this world deserves to be bombed to extinction. Nigeria is the worst country in the entire universe anyone who feels I am lying can come up with reasons the Dwarf of Africa is not the worst country in this world

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by gift2xl: 9:21am On Jun 05, 2021
NoSentiment:

Nyamiri will always be nyamiri. So Nnamdi Kanu can spew trash and Twitter will not delete them, yet when the president tweets they delete his. Ur president iss being denigrated and treated unfairly and u are happy because of religious and ethnic sentiment, mumu.

Grow up. Ur an idol, you have ears but u can't hear, u have eyes but u can't see, you have head but u can't reason. Destruction is what's awaits idol's like you.
Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by youngpresidooo: 9:22am On Jun 05, 2021
BigBashiru:

Thank you my brother for spotting the truth. France is destabizing French African countries. That last coup in mali was done to overthrow a government that does France bidding.

BBC is British state media that specializes in subtly denigrating Africans And promoting white supremacy waging psychological warfare on your minds.

I agree cnn BBC and other western agents of destruction should be banned for good!
and you go back to the dark ages.
Where were day when the country was in mess in the 1980s and 1990s to early 2000.
Why do we turn a blind eye to the real problem and play blame games?
Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by LebenNG: 9:31am On Jun 05, 2021
goldenceo1:
The memory of EndSars still hurts Lai. Buhari n failure are like 5&6. My Utmost prayer be say make Niger Delta Militant start bombing too. Let's see are the Fulani govt will survive on their quota system of govt.
If the Niger Delta start to put pressure to leave the entrapment, fulani lazies will tremble out of fear. Just a mara o'time.
Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by IJEYdiamond(f): 9:32am On Jun 05, 2021
b3llo:
CNN will soon be banned. If you won't support this regime get ready to be banned. Let he who has ear hear.

I am waiting for them to ban them believe you me... then you will know who is who..

E get when devil gk push you reach... and that will be his last bus top....!!

Fools that cant do anything about the blood shed... and you think they are free... just wait...!!

This is how it starts when God has made some permanently mad..

Exodus...... Movement of the people!!
Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by MartinsD12(m): 9:34am On Jun 05, 2021
Built2last:

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/06/04/africa/nigeria-suspends-twitter-operations-intl/index.html?__twitter_impression=true
This shows his hatred for the igbos, such a racist fellow, why would he declare war on the south east as a president and expect Twitter to keep quiet, is this Dullard fellow even half of former US president trump whom Twitter and Facebook ban entirely.
Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by IJEYdiamond(f): 9:35am On Jun 05, 2021
umunaija:
Buhari keep shooting himself in the foot. Is better to ignore somethings but always proving stubborn will only hurt you. Now the world will hear about ipob, like CNN said, 1 - 3 million Igbos were killed. Many people that don't know about it before will know it now. Many people will be sympathetic to Ipob because of this. One funny thing about life is that when you think you are doing people, you are actually doing yourself. Buhari is always promoting nnamdi kanu and Biafra. What an irony.

Dont mind the zombie that doesnt have sense!!...

See what voting cluelessness in democracy has caused... well for those who voted incompetence..... i blame you more!
Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by zeusdgrt(m): 9:35am On Jun 05, 2021
Tetehjewels:

I believe the issue here is that Buharis comment was grossly taken out of context especially since it was extracted from a video address he made to INEC.

If you watched the video you would understand that what was being touted on Twitter as the reality was not the reality

The herd mentality among Nigerians and hatred for him by a certain divide made them twist the narrative and then decide to report his account.

Twitter investigates before removal of tweets but the question is "which individual tweeter staff handled that report or investigation"?

It was not Jack but a staff and to me that tweet was removed unjustifiably because it's content if you read the other tweets preceding that was targeted at criminal elements in general and not my tribe.

Nnamdi Kanu has been making open threats to Nigeria and Nigerian forces via same Twitter and nothing has happened to his tweets. No action was ever taken.

I do understand the basis for the action by Buhari to ban Twitter because it was beginning to look like they are selective even with their own rules and seem to want the drama or chaos that comes with turmoil because afterall in media it's all about traffic same with Nairaland.
Go true the video and read the terms and conditions for setting up an account then u will understand better.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by zeusdgrt(m): 9:37am On Jun 05, 2021
SaintLucia:
The same CNN that was not on ground at Lekki lied that 22 died in Lekki Toll Gate, from 22 death to 1 unconfirmed death by the same CNN. And meanwhile BBC that had a reporter on ground said no one was kill. Nigeria Is not Libya. CNN and other America agents of destruction will soon be ban from Nigeria space. Our national security must come first and not the interest of the imperialism. Anybody that is not happy can relocate to Ghana, Twitter is free there just stand near their office and you will browse for free. Many countries banned Twitter and heaven did not fall.
30k BMC has been increased to 35k hope he pain u now. At the end of the day Twitter is ban ntorrrr grin
Lol...analog brain like ur pay master people are still flexing Twitter more than ever and with different VPN Nigeria issues are now globally seen cz of this grin
Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by sreamsense: 9:37am On Jun 05, 2021
BigYash:
I'm not ipob Mr man. I support them for defending their region from falani destruction. You seriously need to pray for sense.
Which region is IPOB defending that you see? IPOB/ESN that killed more Igbos than numbers of people killed by Fulani. Go and say this rubbish in the house of fathers and mothers that IPOB/ESN killed their sons and daughters in Igbo land and see how you will be humiliated. Even though Twitter banning affects all of us, Twitter can not be insulting us by deleting Buhari post, doing so is insulting the entire country.

I support Buhari for banning this, let Twitter counts its losses too. Next time, Twitter will learn how to respect Nigeria better. What Buhari said is not too much compare to constant hate speeches comming from Nnamdi kanu on weekly basis. You complain on daily basis that Buhari doesn't talk, he talked again what we constantly reminding ourselves on daily basis regarding Biafra war, with everybody is jiltering and Twitter gave it another meaning. What an insult from Twitter!

We are misusing our freedom of speech to promote hates and cause divisions. We are all parts of the problem, stop blaming Buhari for everything. Even if Buhari leaves and another person becomes president, after about one year, we will still begin to complain. Human beings are the most difficult animals to rule in this world. Some people will think upward, some think downward while others think sideways. Since 1960, is there any government we have never abused and complained about?

If you know Buhari is not doing well enough by your own standard, join politics, then go and queue for your own time. Anybody can use mouth to run politics because talking is cheap, is just a matter of opening your mouth and talk anyhow. Go beyond mere talking about politics, go and join existing party or register your own party so we can see what you will do different that has never been done. No matter how best you do right, some people are born to complain, they will never satisfy. All humans including me are selfish. Creating Oduduwa country or Biafra country can never be the solution. We will only keep managing this world till we die one by one, we can never have perfect governance or world we desire as a country or world at large.

It is not a curse, it is a fact, but if you think otherwise, shun violence, join politics and effect changes you once complained about and let's see what you will do different. God bless Nigeria, God bless Buhari and his crews. God bless all citizens of this great country
Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by Burgerlomo: 9:43am On Jun 05, 2021
Rissamenti:

Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by SaintLucia: 9:48am On Jun 05, 2021
zeusdgrt:

Lol...analog brain like ur pay master people are still flexing Twitter more than ever and with different VPN Nigeria issues are now globally seen cz of this grin
And the end of your stupidity, Twitter is still not accessible whether you VIP or VPN ntorr grin

Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:49am On Jun 05, 2021
justtoodark:

you people have been shoutin it in our ears for years now....
they are acting like Nigeria didn't lose men in the unfortunate war... They don't want to aknowledge the atrocities of Biafran Army then against other minorities like efik,ibibio,ikwere etc
Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by BigBashiru: 9:51am On Jun 05, 2021
youngpresidooo:
and you go back to the dark ages.
Where were day when the country was in mess in the 1980s and 1990s to early 2000.
Why do we turn a blind eye to the real problem and play blame games?

The British only came to exploit. Every sovereign nation takes time to develop.
Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by degenuine1(m): 9:54am On Jun 05, 2021
Trust me, the people that banned Twitter were prepared for all these noise.
Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by Jiroville300: 9:57am On Jun 05, 2021
Ugandatales:

Lol! With the insults as usual. Instead of just getting your point across in a civil manner. Anyway, time will tell if Twitter will becomes popular or not.

well saying you were thick headed was no insults , i was just stating the obvious from your post.. u did not come across as civil and having in-depth understanding of the issues under consideration and rather resorted to generalizations and shallow defense of the denial of free speech and demands for government accountability !!! You all are so willing to sell your birth rights for a pot of cold porridge..
Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by Mitsurugi(m): 10:00am On Jun 05, 2021
Rissamenti:

Nigeria is NOT THE GIANT OF Africa or anywhere else for that matter oga.
Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by Oyinlomobambam(m): 10:04am On Jun 05, 2021
What's Nigeria government benefiting from twitter please?

Someone should please enlighten me
Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by MrPaul2: 10:08am On Jun 05, 2021
zeuss:
Is Nigeria a dictatorship? The president cannot make laws the legislative does this...we r getting it all wrong here.
Get what wrong? When Jonathan told us that we will remember him for all the freedom we enjoyed in 2015 we all thought it was a joke. They (APC) used Twitter against him back then. I hope those that was chanting “Sai baba” Twitter account are working now. This is just the beginning (Genesis) be the time he get to New Testament Nigeria would have change name to UAR grin grin
Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by youngpresidooo: 10:10am On Jun 05, 2021
SaintLucia:
And the end of your stupidity, Twitter is still not accessible whether you VIP or VPN ntorr grin
lolzzz
Oboy you really analog.
If you know what is vpn you won't say this rrash
Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by ADO2004: 10:13am On Jun 05, 2021
Look at the way the president was talking as if he has contributed any meaningful attacks during the war. Nigerians will soon rain on this government.
Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by youngpresidooo: 10:13am On Jun 05, 2021
BigBashiru:

The British only came to exploit. Every sovereign nation takes time to develop.
nigeria is regressing not progressing.
Nigeria naira says a lot.
Do you know that naira was greater than dollarz before?
The bible says can two work together except they agree.
The way the south thinks is different from the north. The way we understand the govt are different.
We have never been united right from start and I doubt if we will ever get it right
Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by membranus: 10:14am On Jun 05, 2021
Rissamenti:

All of you Buharists, enjoy your twitter day in the sun while it still shines.

Mock us, spite us, throw your contempt upon the rest of us who believe in good, responsible and progressive leadership. Paint the town red because your inept daddy has banned twitter, celebrate it on the rooftops, blow your trumpets across the land because your clueless father is planning another evil to muzzle our voice.

But see the cloud over there, its rain will soon pour its fury over you, and you will all scamper to the slugholes you crawled out from. And no one miss you because you were all a slime on the country's lilly whie historical highway.
Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by telleyway: 10:19am On Jun 05, 2021
A siting present for USA where Tweeter originates Donald Trump was suspended, same as Facebook and almost all social media but heavens did not fall because there, laws are supreme.

Some myopic Youth I know will still be praising this madness when actually it's their future they are toiling with.
That's why Tweeter didn't bring their African headquarters here. Then Lai Mohammed blamed the Youth, and now look at this.
This is clearly chasing potential investors away from this country, all in the name of showing power.
Is Buhari going to stop attending treatment in London?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by putin2: 10:26am On Jun 05, 2021
The regime don expose theirselves .this mistake will hot them until the end.
Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by Boobysmith: 10:31am On Jun 05, 2021
umunaija:
Buhari keep shooting himself in the foot. Is better to ignore somethings but always proving stubborn will only hurt you. Now the world will hear about ipob, like CNN said, 1 - 3 million Igbos were killed. Many people that don't know about it before will know it now. Many people will be sympathetic to Ipob because of this. One funny thing about life is that when you think you are doing people, you are actually doing yourself. Buhari is always promoting nnamdi kanu and Biafra. What an irony.
Hunger and lack of shelters killed 1-3 million people. War is never good

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Herdsmen Slaughter 12 People In Benue, Spark Protest (Graphic Photos) / Nigerians, Behold Your New President, Muhammadu Buhari (pictures) / Olusegun Obasanjo Acts In Samuel Ajibola's Comedy Skit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.