Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,717 members, 7,914,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 02:00 PM

Twitter Dares Buhari, Vows To Restore Access To Platform Despite Nigeria Ban - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Twitter Dares Buhari, Vows To Restore Access To Platform Despite Nigeria Ban (1299 Views)

Twitter: We Are Working To Restore Access To Nigerians (Pix) / WAEC Has Confirmed Adeleke’s Certificate, Show Yours – CUPP Dares Buhari / $16b Power Project: I’m Ready For Probe, Obasanjo Dares Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Twitter Dares Buhari, Vows To Restore Access To Platform Despite Nigeria Ban by sarrki(m): 3:32pm On Jun 05, 2021
Microblogging giants Twitter has expressed readiness to help Nigerians have access to the platform despite ban by the Nigerian government.

READ COVID-19: Self-medication can cause organ damage, FG warns Nigerians
In a statement on Friday, Nigeria’s communications minister Lai Mohammed had announced the suspension, citing persistent use of the platform for activities that are capable of undermining Nigeria’s corporate existence as a reason for the suspension.

But in reaction to the country’s decision, Twitter posted on its policy handle that they would work to restore access for all Nigerians.

READ Navigating your way to greatness: How and why, by Adamu Tilde
“We are deeply concerned by the blocking of Twitter in Nigeria. Access to the free and #OpenInternet is an essential human right in modern society.

“We will work to restore access for all those in Nigeria who rely on Twitter to communicate and connect with the world. #KeepitOn,” the company posted on Saturday.

https://dailynigerian.com/twitter-dares-buhari-vows/

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Dares Buhari, Vows To Restore Access To Platform Despite Nigeria Ban by sarrki(m): 3:33pm On Jun 05, 2021
It’s obvious Twitter is Igbos online platform

I dare you do it

You won’t be able to recover from the law suit

Try it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Dares Buhari, Vows To Restore Access To Platform Despite Nigeria Ban by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jun 05, 2021
for me I fully support Twitter fvck Buhari and his useless APC and his supporters

Lets do the voting here on nairaland grin
Like if you support Twitter
Share if you support Buhari

12 Likes

Re: Twitter Dares Buhari, Vows To Restore Access To Platform Despite Nigeria Ban by inoki247: 3:34pm On Jun 05, 2021
Stupid Government wey we get wey we call Government instead mak we dey progress dem dey put us for reverse...

see that one up dere too shouting IPoB up and down calling it IPOB platform so Trump wey dem ban na IPoB also...

If sense waz free and birthright no APC member go still qualify to av any....

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Dares Buhari, Vows To Restore Access To Platform Despite Nigeria Ban by Nkitara: 3:34pm On Jun 05, 2021
sarrki:

I dare you do it

Try it
Chai jobless zombie, ranting all over nairaland since morning. I'm betting you are one hell of a jobless uncircumcised zombie grin grin

13 Likes

Re: Twitter Dares Buhari, Vows To Restore Access To Platform Despite Nigeria Ban by SAM1979: 3:35pm On Jun 05, 2021
I pray the Presidency would not commit suicide on hearing this.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Dares Buhari, Vows To Restore Access To Platform Despite Nigeria Ban by sarrki(m): 3:35pm On Jun 05, 2021
Nkitara:
Chai jobless zombie, ranting all over nairaland since morning. I'm betting you are one hell of a jobless uncircumcised zombie grin grin

Ipobians terrorist all over the place

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Dares Buhari, Vows To Restore Access To Platform Despite Nigeria Ban by Explicit02: 3:36pm On Jun 05, 2021
The honest truth is Nigerian government can ban twitter if the legislative (masses spokesperson) deem it fit to ban...not just over the night without due process...

Twitter has the right to remove or ban if u violates its rules and regulations so also the nation can do vice versa....

If a government had designated a group as a terrorist group, Twitter has no justification to allow such groups to propagate their rhetoric via their platform.

If you use America as a case study here u re totally wrong twitter has a full right license to operate in America so far it didn't break America's law so also anyone in America must not break twitter law... Even if jack twits send a wrong signal the message will be removed.

We all know if u write what nairaland mods see as against its rules u will be suspended (ask Nwamaiipke)

Nigeria should follow due process that's my own opinion

U cants use Facebook in China....
And no one crucify China for that
Re: Twitter Dares Buhari, Vows To Restore Access To Platform Despite Nigeria Ban by NaijaRoyalty(m): 3:36pm On Jun 05, 2021
sarrki:

I dare you do it

Try it

I'm on Twitter right now and it's working perfectly well

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Dares Buhari, Vows To Restore Access To Platform Despite Nigeria Ban by Jashub: 3:37pm On Jun 05, 2021
Buhari is trying very hard to imitate North Korea but we the kind of people God gave him, his plan is dead on arrival

1 Like

Re: Twitter Dares Buhari, Vows To Restore Access To Platform Despite Nigeria Ban by NiceCeSi(f): 3:37pm On Jun 05, 2021
sarrki:

I dare you do it

Try it

You should be ashamed of yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Dares Buhari, Vows To Restore Access To Platform Despite Nigeria Ban by FreeIgbos: 3:41pm On Jun 05, 2021
This is getting more interesting by the minute. These rogues have opened many hostile fronts in their desperation. The outside world would now see it for what it is, a clash between government and the masses.

French revolution, naija version ticking!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Dares Buhari, Vows To Restore Access To Platform Despite Nigeria Ban by FreeIgbos: 3:43pm On Jun 05, 2021
sarrki:

I dare you do it

Try it

Lol, cry us a river. By fighting Twitter, you're also fighting the United States by proxy, can you afford to??

Las Las, na una go still beg grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Dares Buhari, Vows To Restore Access To Platform Despite Nigeria Ban by LikeAking: 3:43pm On Jun 05, 2021
sarrki:

I dare you do it

Try it

How do you intend to sue them?

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Dares Buhari, Vows To Restore Access To Platform Despite Nigeria Ban by Nkitara: 3:44pm On Jun 05, 2021
sarrki:

Ipobians terrorist all over the place
lol mugu

1 Like

Re: Twitter Dares Buhari, Vows To Restore Access To Platform Despite Nigeria Ban by FreeIgbos: 3:52pm On Jun 05, 2021
Explicit02:
The honest truth is Nigerian government can ban twitter if the legislative (masses spokesperson) deem it fit to ban...not just over the night without due process...

Twitter has the right to remove or ban if u violates its rules and regulations so also the nation can do vice versa....

If a government had designated a group as a terrorist group, Twitter has no justification to allow such groups to propagate their rhetoric via their platform.

If you use America as a case study here u re totally wrong twitter has a full right license to operate in America so far it didn't break America's law so also anyone in America must not break twitter law... Even if jack twits send a wrong signal the message will be removed.

We all know if u write what nairaland mods see as against its rules u will be suspended (ask Nwamaiipke)

Nigeria should follow due process that's my own opinion

U cants use Facebook in China....
And no one crucify China for that

First bold part, he is a terrorist yet he lives in London and travels to any country of his choice without Interpol picking him up? Let the real terrorists like Shekau and the rest go and live in London and see if they won't be picked up at the airport on arrival. Verdict, the world doesn't consider Nnamdi Kanu a terrorist!

Second bold part, Twitter is global brand that has terms and conditions, you can't come to their app and violate such terms without facing the consequences, no matter who you are. If they can do it to Trump then who is Buhari? Verdict, common sense dictates that if you can't abide to given rules then avoid such platform, period!

Third bold part, you want to compare Nigeria to China? You think you're China's mate? Again, is China a democracy like you claim to be? Now, China can effectively ban and enforce, can Nigeria do same??

Make una dey there make pant dey wear una. Nonsense!!
Re: Twitter Dares Buhari, Vows To Restore Access To Platform Despite Nigeria Ban by Explicit02: 4:00pm On Jun 05, 2021
I wish I could reply u constructively but u ended ur talk with NONSENSE so peace out
FreeIgbos:

First bold part, he is a terrorist yet he lives in London and travels to any country of his choice without Interpol picking him up? Let the real terrorists like Shekau and the rest go and live in London and see if they won't be picked up at the airport on arrival. Verdict, the world doesn't consider Nnamdi Kanu a terrorist!

Second bold part, Twitter is global brand that has terms and conditions, you can't come to their app and violate such terms without facing the consequences, no matter who you are. If they can do it to Trump then who is Buhari? Verdict, common sense dictates that if you can't abide to given rules then avoid such platform, period!

Third bold part, you want to compare Nigeria to China? You think you're China's mate? Again, is China a democracy like you claim to be? Now, China can effectively ban and enforce, can Nigeria do same??

Make una dey there make pant dey wear una. Nonsense!!
Re: Twitter Dares Buhari, Vows To Restore Access To Platform Despite Nigeria Ban by AroleOduduwa2: 5:15pm On Jun 05, 2021
All the moderator supporting the APC paid posters by letting them litter this blog with their usual lies and cheap propaganda.

PASAN TI AFINA IYALE O NBE LAJA FUN IYAWO.

By the time they fully unleash their planned terror, there will be no internet in Nigeria and all of you will be out of work.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Dares Buhari, Vows To Restore Access To Platform Despite Nigeria Ban by Chatflick(m): 5:20pm On Jun 05, 2021
sarrki:

I dare you do it

Try it
Fool. Which lawsuit? Do you have sense at all?
Re: Twitter Dares Buhari, Vows To Restore Access To Platform Despite Nigeria Ban by Mysticwebb: 5:23pm On Jun 05, 2021
Good news. Twitter don see Buhari finish.
Re: Twitter Dares Buhari, Vows To Restore Access To Platform Despite Nigeria Ban by jude79(m): 6:52pm On Jun 05, 2021
sarrki:

I dare you do it

Try it

Wow, sarrki are you this backward. I know you support, bubu, but that is different and it's your right, but supporting decisions that will isolate you from the world, just because of your phobia for biafra, is on another level of backwardness, no matter how you love bubu.

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Did Not Order Anyone To Kill 10 Girls - IPOB / My Concern About Nairaland: (seun Kindly See This) / Boko Haram, ISWAP Fighters Surrender To Nigerian Army Troops (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.