Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,009 members, 7,886,792 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 03:13 PM

A Giant Replica Of Noah's Ark In Ipswich - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Giant Replica Of Noah's Ark In Ipswich (665 Views)

Noah's ark Hunters Claim boat Found in Mountains Using 3D Scans(Pics) / Archaeology: Explorers '99.9% Sure' Remains Of Noah's Ark Is Discovered (Photos) / Noah's Ark Rebuilt & Opened For Public In Atlanta US With Its Exact Measurements (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Giant Replica Of Noah's Ark In Ipswich by Kingspin(m): 6:59pm On Jun 05, 2021
A giant replica of Noah's Ark has been deemed unseaworthy and detained where it is docked.

The 70m-long (230ft) ship, which has been transformed into a floating museum, arrived in Ipswich in 2019.

In response to a Freedom of Information request made by the East Anglian Daily Times, the Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA) said the vessel was not safe to leave due to "deficiencies".

The BBC has approached the ship's owner for comment.

The ship was bought for €3m (£2.6m) and its owner, Dutch TV and theatre producer Aad Peters, previously said he wanted to create a "talking point" for people from all backgrounds.

It houses wooden sculptures depicting Bible stories, including Adam and Eve, Cain and Abel as well as the nativity scene.

A spokesman for the MCA said: "The vessel, Noah's Ark will remain detained until all the deficiencies have been put right and a Maritime and Coastguard Agency surveyor is invited back by the owners to check that they have been corrected."

He said he was unable to disclose specific details of the deficiencies.

Adam and Eve sculptures have been carved out of wood.
An exhibit depicting the story of Moses from the bible

Mr Peters bought the ark in 2010 and a team of 50 expert craftsmen took five months to create the museum, thought to be about half the size of the ark described in the Bible.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-suffolk-57363750

Re: A Giant Replica Of Noah's Ark In Ipswich by Cutecharlz(m): 7:05pm On Jun 05, 2021
That's massive...
Re: A Giant Replica Of Noah's Ark In Ipswich by HallaDaTruth: 7:34pm On Jun 05, 2021
Cutecharlz:
That's massive...

I have been in a ship before
That's not massive at all. Noah's ark would have been bigger than that with some advanced features
Re: A Giant Replica Of Noah's Ark In Ipswich by LordReed(m): 7:53pm On Jun 05, 2021
Cutecharlz:
That's massive...

If you think this is huge you should see modern day cruise ships or oil tankers.
Re: A Giant Replica Of Noah's Ark In Ipswich by LordReed(m): 7:59pm On Jun 05, 2021
HallaDaTruth:

I have been in a ship before
That's not massive at all. Noah's ark would have been bigger than that with some advanced features

You were probably in a small ship. Modern day cruise ships are more than 4 times the volume of the supposed Noah's ark.
Re: A Giant Replica Of Noah's Ark In Ipswich by cassidy1996(m): 8:34pm On Jun 05, 2021
cool
Re: A Giant Replica Of Noah's Ark In Ipswich by Workch: 9:24pm On Jun 05, 2021
Lol, and you think this housed all the species in the world for a whole years?

1 Like

Re: A Giant Replica Of Noah's Ark In Ipswich by Jokerman(m): 11:27pm On Jun 05, 2021
Workch:
Lol, and you think this housed all the species in the world for a whole years?

Where did you read, a whole year ??
Re: A Giant Replica Of Noah's Ark In Ipswich by Workch: 7:07am On Jun 06, 2021
Jokerman:

Where did you read, a whole year ??
of course, that's what the Bible said
Re: A Giant Replica Of Noah's Ark In Ipswich by Righteousness2(m): 7:29am On Jun 06, 2021
Noah's ark was the means God decided to use to save humanity in the days of Noah. Despite Noah's invitation to the people to come into ark, they refused, laughed at him , scorned at him and called all sort of names.

It's great and awesome to have a replica of Noah's ark but we must understand that the Noah ark of today is JESUS CHRIST. HE is the Only means through which we will be Saved from the Wrath to come.

Just as in the days of Noah, many are laughing, mocking and scorning at the Preachers.
Folks! Stop everything you are doing and get on the ark. The ark is JESUS Christ.
There is no other means to be Saved..

1 Like

Re: A Giant Replica Of Noah's Ark In Ipswich by Jokerman(m): 7:57am On Jun 06, 2021
Workch:
of course, that's what the Bible said

I'm not sure you are talking of the Christian Bible.

However follow my brother's advice on the post above, its what's more important
Re: A Giant Replica Of Noah's Ark In Ipswich by Workch: 10:57am On Jun 06, 2021
Jokerman:

I'm not sure you are talking of the Christian Bible.

However follow my brother's advice on the post above, its what's more important
lol
Re: A Giant Replica Of Noah's Ark In Ipswich by HallaDaTruth: 12:32pm On Jun 06, 2021
LordReed:

You were probably in a small ship. Modern day cruise ships are more than 4 times the volume of the supposed Noah's ark.
The point i was making is that based on what they built, it should be bigger that that. The ship i was on is actually a cruise ship.
Re: A Giant Replica Of Noah's Ark In Ipswich by LordReed(m): 3:02pm On Jun 06, 2021
HallaDaTruth:
The point i was making is that based on what they built, it should be bigger that that. The ship i was on is actually a cruise ship.

Ok.

(1) (Reply)

GOD Is Angry With The Wicked Everyday.(Psalm 7:11) / The Last Temptation Of Jesus / LIVE: TB Joshua's Funeral In Progress Set To Be Laid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.