Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,488 members, 7,904,848 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 08:18 PM

Forty Years On, AIDS Is Not Over - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Forty Years On, AIDS Is Not Over (28813 Views)

AIDS Is Real ( Photos ) / Questions And Answers On AIDS/HIV As We Mark World AIDS/HIV Day / Hiv And Aids Is Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forty Years On, AIDS Is Not Over by 9jaRealist: 4:48am On Jun 06, 2021
saajus:
People should be careful out there. In sub-Saharan Africa, women and girls accounted for 63% of all new HIV infections. One of the contributing factors is women can easily trust. Once the average lady sees a little consistency in a guy, she can sleep with him without protection. Pls, don't be deceived by looks. There are several guys with big chests and 6 packs living with HIV. Also, there are a lot of curvy men that have the virus. Another reason why women should be more careful is that they are receivers. It's possible for a man to sleep with an HIV-infected lady for one year without contracting it but women can't be that lucky. I have heard a few cases where the wife will be positive and the husband will be negative and they've been sleeping together.

If you are raped, the condom slipped or broke during use, go and buy PEP immediately. PEP stands for post-exposure prophylaxis. You must start within 3 days after you've been exposed. You will take it daily for 28 days. PEP cost about 10k in major Naija pharmacies. Make sure you do HIV test like 3 months after and 6 months after. It's just to be sure.

HIV is spreading fast among Nigerians recently. Poverty could be a contributing factor. The data recently is scary. Guys, be careful.

The reality is that any unprotected sex is a gamble and folks should always use protection unless with a spouse…
Nonetheless, we hear the highlighted every few years, but data doesn’t validate it. If anything, infection rates in has consistently DECLINED!
>

1 Like

Re: Forty Years On, AIDS Is Not Over by Sunkyapogee(m): 5:37am On Jun 06, 2021
kenzysmith:
Who get HIV has no worry if you get cancer then you gone for good.

HIV is like malaria in Africa 69% have it when dey go to the hospital the doctor just said u have fever and prescribe drugs for u that all

On my 20th crack today
Try and contact it and see it for yourself.
Re: Forty Years On, AIDS Is Not Over by Nobody: 6:08am On Jun 06, 2021
Julianaa:
why do you think Covid 19 vaccine was found in less than a year?

Because leaders and world funding were not involved?

Covid is a different virus from hiv.

Plus we are not totally sure the vaccine works. More information is coming in

1 Like

Re: Forty Years On, AIDS Is Not Over by ElValiente(m): 6:09am On Jun 06, 2021
fergie001:
The first cases of AIDS were reported in 1981 – all among gay men in Los Angeles, San Francisco and New York.

By the end of the year, there were 337 reported cases of what was then known as “gay-related immune deficiency”. 130 people had died.

Four years later, there was at least one reported AIDS case in every region of the world. By the end of 1985, there were over 20,000 cases globally – the majority in the U.S.

One of the victims was actor Rock Hudson – the first celebrity death of AIDS-related causes.
cheesy cheesy growing up. We were told some ladies fuk dogs that was the beginning of aids. Chaiii naija and old fake stories. Like the Indian football and Samuel okwraji death grin

2 Likes

Re: Forty Years On, AIDS Is Not Over by Nobody: 6:09am On Jun 06, 2021
Judolisco:
they should Pls help us with malaria vaccine

Work on a malaria vaccine is ongoing.

1 Like

Re: Forty Years On, AIDS Is Not Over by ElValiente(m): 6:10am On Jun 06, 2021
fergie001:
Also in 1987, the American FDA approved the anti-HIV drug AZT – the first treatment for HIV.

Simultaneously, activist group @actupny was set up, with Larry Kramer as a founding member. In 1989 they chained themselves to the NYSE, protesting AZT's high price �.

Eventually, new treatments became available. In 1995, highly active antiretroviral treatment (HAART) was introduced.

It immediately brought down death rates dramatically – at least in higher-income countries. Africa and Asia were now the regions struggling with most new cases.

As na black man dey first die for horror firm. Na same black man dey first use do practical for HIV text LMAO grin grin

1 Like

Re: Forty Years On, AIDS Is Not Over by Euro2020: 6:53am On Jun 06, 2021
Re: Forty Years On, AIDS Is Not Over by CSTRR: 7:09am On Jun 06, 2021
mysticwarrior:
HIV is a small boy disease when compared with hepatitis B.
it's a lie.

With antivirus, hepatitis B is suppressed too.

1 Like

Re: Forty Years On, AIDS Is Not Over by Kebbiprince: 9:19am On Jun 06, 2021
kenzysmith:
Who get HIV has no worry if you get cancer then you gone for good.

HIV is like malaria in Africa 69% have it when dey go to the hospital the doctor just said u have fever and prescribe drugs for u that all

On my 20th crack today
No the deceive yourself, carry HIV first and let's see how much more u will live, always saying crap of what he doesn't know
Re: Forty Years On, AIDS Is Not Over by Kebbiprince: 9:20am On Jun 06, 2021
kennosklint:
Who get Aids for America better pass normal person for Nigeria now o
Maybe victims of mass shooters in the USA will tell you how they're living in hell
Re: Forty Years On, AIDS Is Not Over by Marpol: 10:32am On Jun 06, 2021
Judolisco:

They will not. Pharmaceutical companies are in business to make profit. And it is more profitable for them to treat and not cure.

Cos you have to keep patronising them instead of them giving you a one time cure.

1 Like

Re: Forty Years On, AIDS Is Not Over by matm: 11:12am On Jun 06, 2021
If not for anti retroviral drugs,we would have mainly the aged and very religious persons alive in Nigeria.
Millions of Nigerians are still alive because of same drug.
Re: Forty Years On, AIDS Is Not Over by PoshTraveIer: 1:05pm On Jun 06, 2021
Bigggloadofcum:
smiley

HIV got nothing on me.

I was a really careless being. My addiction to fat bouncy bum bum would have led me to an early grave. Cuz the fatter the bum bum, the better.

The first time I went for an HIV test, I thought I'd die of heart attack cuz I kept panting. Suspicion of Bimbo infecting me left me restless for weeks. I had to muster courage and go for the test.

It came out negative. Did I change my ways? The spirit is willing but the flesh no send am.
go back and check again
Re: Forty Years On, AIDS Is Not Over by Gfskw: 5:53pm On Jun 06, 2021
Ok
Re: Forty Years On, AIDS Is Not Over by Surrey2Bimshire: 5:58pm On Jun 06, 2021
Bigggloadofcum:
smiley

HIV got nothing on me.

I was a really careless being. My addiction to fat bouncy bum bum would have led me to an early grave. Cuz the fatter the bum bum, the better.

The first time I went for an HIV test, I thought I'd die of heart attack cuz I kept panting. Suspicion of Bimbo infecting me left me restless for weeks. I had to muster courage and go for the test.

It came out negative. Did I change my ways? The spirit is willing but the flesh no send am.

Quick advice, you might want to check specifically for Herpes though ,especially if you're that reckless .
Re: Forty Years On, AIDS Is Not Over by LoveJesus87(m): 6:01pm On Jun 06, 2021
Judolisco:
walai. Na d Koko be dat o

1 Like

Re: Forty Years On, AIDS Is Not Over by LoveJesus87(m): 6:04pm On Jun 06, 2021
saajus:
People should be careful out there. In sub-Saharan Africa, women and girls accounted for 63% of all new HIV infections. One of the contributing factors is women can easily trust. Once the average lady sees a little consistency in a guy, she can sleep with him without protection. Pls, don't be deceived by looks. There are several guys with big chests and 6 packs living with HIV. Also, there are a lot of curvy men that have the virus. Another reason why women should be more careful is that they are receivers. It's possible for a man to sleep with an HIV-infected lady for one year without contracting it but women can't be that lucky. I have heard a few cases where the wife will be positive and the husband will be negative and they've been sleeping together.

If you are raped, the condom slipped or broke during use, go and buy PEP immediately. PEP stands for post-exposure prophylaxis. You must start within 3 days after you've been exposed. You will take it daily for 28 days. PEP cost about 10k in major Naija pharmacies. Make sure you do HIV test like 3 months after and 6 months after. It's just to be sure.

HIV is spreading fast among Nigerians recently. Poverty could be a contributing factor. The data recently is scary. Guys, be careful.
Tell them o. Make everybody zip up
Re: Forty Years On, AIDS Is Not Over by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jun 06, 2021
I strongly doubt if there will be ever be a cure for AIDS. I so much thread dat shit. So many seemingly healthy pple walkin up and down with the virus.
Re: Forty Years On, AIDS Is Not Over by Pacesetter123(m): 10:35pm On Jun 06, 2021
johnjay4u2u:
Ok
Malaria and typhoid wey him meet, dem don over?

Lol, no mind me. Na joke o.
Commenting from United States (powered by VPN)
grin grin grin grin
Me na from Kuwait wer I dey chat from..oo
Re: Forty Years On, AIDS Is Not Over by MrCuteking(m): 5:07am On Jun 08, 2021
Lala should take this to front page, awareness is very crux
Re: Forty Years On, AIDS Is Not Over by ignis: 10:43pm On Jun 10, 2021
CSTRR:
it's a lie.

With antivirus, hepatitis B is suppressed too.

And now hepatitis B can be cured with herbal drugs..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ayeni Adeyemi David dies while trying to save electrocuted neighbor. PHOTOS / Anambra Extends Lockdown, Tightens Measures, After Recording First Covid-19 Case / Beware Of "Pillows Sellers In Lagos Traffic"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.