Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,301 members, 7,940,208 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 07:31 PM

17 Kano Men Die In Car Accident While Returning From Friend's Wedding In Kaduna - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 17 Kano Men Die In Car Accident While Returning From Friend's Wedding In Kaduna (59093 Views)

Couple Die In Car Accident While Returning From Their Traditional Wedding (Pics) / Enugu Border Security Nabs Kano Men Being Smuggled With Cows / David Nwachukwu Dead: Kelechi Iheanacho PA Dies While Returning From Nightclub (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 17 Kano Men Die In Car Accident While Returning From Friend's Wedding In Kaduna by Calitoscassius(m): 7:37am On Jun 07, 2021
pyyxxaro:
God Abeg oh

Over speeding most likely

80km/h is very ok for me
Yes, over speeding.

80km/h is over speeding it is not okay. You are supposed to be doing below 70km/h. Go read your road safety hand book or maybe you don't have one or even aware of minimun speed limit. undecided
Re: 17 Kano Men Die In Car Accident While Returning From Friend's Wedding In Kaduna by Calitoscassius(m): 7:45am On Jun 07, 2021
Definitely careless driving and over speeding, 90% of Nigerian drivers have not or did not pass driving tests, never took a driving test, has no driving skills, do not know the average minimum speed limit and do not have a drivers license, most cars in nigeria do not have good brakes, headlights, brake lights, indicators, seatbelts and nigerians has the bad habits of not wearing seatbelts even if their cars has it. I remember nigerians laughing at me when i asked the driver of a commercial vehicle i boarded from Asaba to lagos. They thought that i am stupid or trying to be diffcult or trying to feel superior.
Re: 17 Kano Men Die In Car Accident While Returning From Friend's Wedding In Kaduna by Freelane33(m): 7:46am On Jun 07, 2021
Rip to the lost young souls
Re: 17 Kano Men Die In Car Accident While Returning From Friend's Wedding In Kaduna by mrkings84(m): 7:57am On Jun 07, 2021
The devil is not resting. No wonder as a Christian we are admonished to pray without ceasing cos neither the devil no his demons are resting......

My condolences to the families of the bereaved!!

Quite a sad one!!
Re: 17 Kano Men Die In Car Accident While Returning From Friend's Wedding In Kaduna by betwithblaze: 8:37am On Jun 07, 2021
This matter is serious
Re: 17 Kano Men Die In Car Accident While Returning From Friend's Wedding In Kaduna by wink2015(m): 9:03am On Jun 07, 2021
ABOKIs just die like that.

What a wicked world
Re: 17 Kano Men Die In Car Accident While Returning From Friend's Wedding In Kaduna by Funkeshuga(m): 9:08am On Jun 07, 2021
I can never enter a bus of someone that believes all their carelessness is the will of Allah

may God forgive them and theirs sins and may the survival among them repent to see humanity above religion and ethnicity but if they're Fulani I withdraw my RIP
Re: 17 Kano Men Die In Car Accident While Returning From Friend's Wedding In Kaduna by ezigr8(m): 9:52am On Jun 07, 2021
R.I.P YOUNG PROMISING GENTLEMEN
Re: 17 Kano Men Die In Car Accident While Returning From Friend's Wedding In Kaduna by Mayor1732: 10:01am On Jun 07, 2021
[quote author=onthehill post=102447958][b]17 Young Kano Men Die In Fatal Motor Accident While Returning From Friend's Wedding In Kaduna

Seventeen young men from Kano State have died in a fatal motor accident along Zaria-Kano highway, IgbereTV reports.

R.I.P
Re: 17 Kano Men Die In Car Accident While Returning From Friend's Wedding In Kaduna by AuwalYusuf812(m): 10:22am On Jun 07, 2021
Stay safe where ever you are now because Zoology is not safe at the moment
Re: 17 Kano Men Die In Car Accident While Returning From Friend's Wedding In Kaduna by shegzydave(m): 10:36am On Jun 07, 2021
there people are killing people in the south east and south west and see how God is killing there people too
karma work in progress....... this is just the beginning more is yet to come, north will never know peace
tragedy upon tragedy will never depart from the north
Re: 17 Kano Men Die In Car Accident While Returning From Friend's Wedding In Kaduna by deloon(m): 11:17am On Jun 07, 2021
Calitoscassius:
Definitely careless driving and over speeding, 90% of Nigerian drivers have did not pass driving tests, never took a driving test, has no driving skills, do not know the average minimum speed limit and do not have a drivers license, most cars in nigeria do not have good brakes, headlights, brake lights, indicators, seatbelts and nigerians has the bad habits of not wearing seatbelts even if their cars has it. I remember nigerians laughing at me when i asked the driver of a commercial vehicle i boarded from Asaba to lagos. They thought that i am stupid or trying to be diffcult.

I blame the incompetence of the government and its agencies.
An agency is responsible for issuing a driving license and they should ensure anyone who intends to gets the license passes a theory and road test under supervision to confirm he is eligible to get one.

Secondly our roads are hazardous and substandard.
A road without a median (an accessory to separate opposing lanes) should not have a speed limit of more than 40km/h. To ensure this speed, road radars and speed humps should be installed at regular intervals.
When traffic moves in opposite directions without barriers to separate the lanes, head-on collisions are likely to happen. If the speed is not controlled, then the collisions could be major and even fatal due to high speeds.
This is simple logic and something can be done to prevent such incidents from occurring but none of those responsible actually care.
Re: 17 Kano Men Die In Car Accident While Returning From Friend's Wedding In Kaduna by deloon(m): 11:42am On Jun 07, 2021
Calitoscassius:
Yes, over speeding.

80km/h is over speeding it is not okay. You are supposed to be doing below 70km/h. Go read your road safety hand book or maybe you don't have one or even aware of minimun speed limit. undecided

Speed limits depend on the condition of the road and traffic
If a road has at least 4 lanes with each lane having a width of about 3 meters, properly marked and other road furniture present, driving at 100km/h won't be considered as over speeding. Are you aware there are roads that have "minimum speed limits"? Which means you can't drive below a certain speed which is usually 60km/h.

A regulatory agency such as the FRSC or Ministry of Roads should be responsible to determine the speed limit of each road and communicate same to road users by using signboards or other means.

There are different speed limits for residential areas, school areas, highways, main streets, etc.
Re: 17 Kano Men Die In Car Accident While Returning From Friend's Wedding In Kaduna by Calitoscassius(m): 11:51am On Jun 07, 2021
deloon:

Speed limits depend on the condition of the road and traffic
If a road has at least 4 lanes with each lane having a width of about 3 meters, properly marked and other road furniture present, driving at 100km/h won't be considered as over speeding. Are you aware there are roads that have "minimum speed limits"? Which means you can't drive below a certain speed which is usually 60km/h.

A regulatory agency such as the FRSC or Ministry of Roads should be responsible to determine the speed limit of each road and communicate same to road users by using signboards or other means.

There are different speed limits for residential areas, school areas, highways, main streets, etc.
you may be correct, but Just because a road sign says 100km/h doesn't mean one must do such speed limit. Your vehicle condition may not be good enough for such speed, example: brakes, indicators, horn, steering wheels, tyres and engine. Most vehicle in nigeria cannot pass MOT, they are all junks and scraps.
Re: 17 Kano Men Die In Car Accident While Returning From Friend's Wedding In Kaduna by GooErubs(m): 12:14pm On Jun 07, 2021
Stop using free bus when u wan attend weddings especially when the driver has taken alcohol
Re: 17 Kano Men Die In Car Accident While Returning From Friend's Wedding In Kaduna by hansomb: 12:46pm On Jun 07, 2021
This thing called death will just appear when you very least think about it. May Allah forgive there shortcomings.
Re: 17 Kano Men Die In Car Accident While Returning From Friend's Wedding In Kaduna by Slimwhyt(m): 4:29pm On Jun 07, 2021
Lord, please have mercy
Re: 17 Kano Men Die In Car Accident While Returning From Friend's Wedding In Kaduna by Nobody: 9:41am On Jun 08, 2021
Hugo7:

After death Judgement
Your belief and your point of view is different from reality, if you are looking for an argument look somewhere else.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"My Wife Walked Out Of This Accident Without A Single Scratch" / A Nairalander On A First Class Train From Lagos To Minna / Thousands Of Vehicles Stuck In Traffic In China (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.