Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,415 members, 7,914,054 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 04:50 PM

Our New Constitution - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Our New Constitution (325 Views)

Okorocha's Bill for Free Compulsory Basic Education Makes New Constitution / We Can't Have A New Constitution Or Return To That Of 1963 — Reps Insists / We Can’t Give You A New Constitution, Senate Tells Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our New Constitution by PortHardcore: 9:42pm On Jun 08, 2021
Guys lets further discuss what our new constitution should look like.
State some things you think is needed for a better Nation.
Also lets send these recommendations to some house of rep members.

Appointments
All the presidents appointments should be approved by the legislator.
No President should be able to choose who he wants to be COAS, or IGP or Attorney General without getting approval from the NASS AND the Vice President.

Dismissals
The reps should be able to dismiss any Government employee in any department.
Whether they be the IGP or a security guard,The Attorney general Or a Court Clerk.

Suspension of The President
The NASS with a simple majority should be able to suspend the president from his duty.
During the suspension,the next in command(VP) will be in charge.
Re: Our New Constitution by PortHardcore: 1:18pm On Jun 09, 2021
Executive Orders
The president shall issue executive orders,BUT the executive orders must be approved by the Vice President.
Eg. The banning of social media must have been approved by Osinbajo.
Re: Our New Constitution by Jollylolly(f): 1:37pm On Jun 09, 2021
PortHardcore:
Executive Orders
The president shall issue executive orders,BUT the executive orders must be approved by the Vice President.
Eg. The banning of social media must have been approved by Osinbajo.

Read this

I Do Not Subscribe To Regulation Of Social Media–Osinbajo

http://saharareporters.com/2021/06/05/flashback-i-do-not-subscribe-regulation-social-media%E2%80%93osinbajo
Re: Our New Constitution by PortHardcore: 9:06pm On Jun 09, 2021
Jollylolly:

Read this

I Do Not Subscribe To Regulation Of Social Media–Osinbajo

http://saharareporters.com/2021/06/05/flashback-i-do-not-subscribe-regulation-social-media%E2%80%93osinbajo

Hi jolly.
Can I ask you a question...

What powers does the Vice President currently hold?
What difference does it make that Osinbajo said this?

(1) (Reply)

Tension, Anger In Police Academy As Nigerian Police Refuses To Pass Out Cadets / Electric Car Assembled In Nigeria Is A Fantastic Innovation, I Can Tell Because / I Told Google To Take Down My App "" From Play Store- Adamu Garbar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.