Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,199 members, 7,887,496 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 09:44 AM

Bank A Or Bank B ??? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Bank A Or Bank B ??? (22025 Views)

State Government Work Or Bank Job / Is The US Bank A Good Place To Do Business? / Is Kuda Bank A Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bank A Or Bank B ??? by Bosenan: 1:22pm On Jun 15, 2021
Please and please DON'T go to Access bank, DON'T fall for their car perk (trap). Moreover, at 25, you should be looking outside the banking industry to start your career, the money might be good but growth is limited (unless ofcourse you are in treasury)

My 2 kobo

17 Likes

Re: Bank A Or Bank B ??? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 1:22pm On Jun 15, 2021
because of car ,leave car matter and continue where you are working guy.you can buy car on your own if you want.be wise

1 Like

Re: Bank A Or Bank B ??? by LOSKYXANDER: 1:22pm On Jun 15, 2021
G
Re: Bank A Or Bank B ??? by Sholaco: 1:23pm On Jun 15, 2021
Your destination is actually Bank C undecided
Re: Bank A Or Bank B ??? by sisisioge: 1:24pm On Jun 15, 2021
Oga dont move to Bank B. Rather continue your stay in bank A and eventually move as an experienced hire to another bank, not a graduate training. Give yourself another 4 month to qualify for some modicum of experience. Good luck.

3 Likes

Re: Bank A Or Bank B ??? by patani(m): 1:24pm On Jun 15, 2021
harley88:
Hi guys,

Pls I need the advice of the public here.
I have been an ET with bank A for about 20 months now at the bank’s head office in a department I don’t like and that doesn’t have a career path. So I’d basically be doing the same thing for years to come. The pay is basically 200k which is quite comfortable monthly. I have tried changing departments within the bank all to no avail. I want to leave the Dept asap so I don’t get stuck there due to age. I’d be 25 later this year.

I started the Entry level recruitment for Bank B a month ago, maybe to start again as an ET probably in a better department with a better career outlook. Right now, I am almost into Bank B’s training school. Bank B pays lower than Bank A, but comes with better perks such as a car. But I’m worried about having to start again and lose 20 months of work experience. The issue is I’d have to be in Training school for some months and collect about 25% of my current salary monthly until TS is over. Also, I don’t know what Dept I’d be posted to assuming I take the Bank B job offer.

What advise can you give me pls?? Also note both banks are in the top four banks in the country.

Should i remain in Bank A and keep trying a change of department or a change of Bank as an experienced hire which is a very slim chance

Or

I take the ET job and start all over from Training school in bank B

Send me personal email.. Ill advise you as someone who spent 9 years in banking and rose to AM level before starting my own thing... Switchinbbanks pays but u av to be careful about it

3 Likes

Re: Bank A Or Bank B ??? by Midoda: 1:24pm On Jun 15, 2021
harley88:
Hi guys,

I have been an ET with bank A for about 20 months now at the bank’s head office in a department I don’t like and that doesn’t have a career path. So I’d basically be doing the same thing for years to come. The pay is basically 200k which is quite comfortable monthly. I have tried changing departments within the bank all to no avail. I want to leave the Dept asap so I don’t get stuck there due to age. I’d be 25 later this year.

I started the Entry level recruitment for Bank B a month ago, maybe to start again as an ET probably in a better department with a better career outlook. Right now, I am almost into Bank B’s training school. Bank B pays lower than Bank A, but comes with better perks such as a car. But I’m worried about having to start again and lose 20 months of work experience. The issue is I’d have to be in Training school for some months and collect about 25% of my current salary monthly until TS is over. Also, I don’t know what Dept I’d be posted to assuming I take the Bank B job offer.

What advise can you give me pls?? Also note both banks are in the top four banks in the country.

Should i remain in Bank A and keep trying a change of department or a change of Bank as an experienced hire which is a very slim chance

Or

You want leave GTB enter Access? It will end in premium tears

18 Likes

Re: Bank A Or Bank B ??? by chingydaboss(m): 1:25pm On Jun 15, 2021
Bro, almost two years of experience, dont even try it. If its the car that is your issue, you can easily get a loan, purchase a car and pay back monthly. You seem like a smart young guy, trust me, there are jobs in other banks. you can easily switch and get the next level which is ABO or ABE. just look out for adverts and tell friends who are in other banks to always notify you of new openings.

I have been in your shoes before, i have switched banks and even job function as well as gotten the next level now. you can also do it, just put your ears on ground and PRAY. God will bring it to pass.

Have a great day.

8 Likes

Re: Bank A Or Bank B ??? by oviexcels(m): 1:25pm On Jun 15, 2021
harley88:
Hi guys,

Or

I don't see need for you to repeat class oooooo, prefer you get hired as an experienced person, going back to a level you have passed, sometimes things are not really the way they look from the outside, 1 year + is not a too big experience sha, those in the banking sector here might have the best advice for you.
Re: Bank A Or Bank B ??? by daprincel(m): 1:26pm On Jun 15, 2021
Chose B at your own risk ooo
Re: Bank A Or Bank B ??? by advanceDNA: 1:28pm On Jun 15, 2021
harley88:
Hi guys,

Or

What do you mean by loose 20months experience??

Oga u are no longer in the university....
U can’t lose job experience....
Re: Bank A Or Bank B ??? by lereinter(m): 1:29pm On Jun 15, 2021
If you chase two rat ....
Re: Bank A Or Bank B ??? by Thryphosa(m): 1:32pm On Jun 15, 2021
Bank A my brother. God bless you.
Re: Bank A Or Bank B ??? by cedricksly: 1:34pm On Jun 15, 2021
harley88:
Hi guys,

Or

Your pay is smaller with bank B and you are not even sure yet the department you will be posted to and you want to Stake all bank A Offer on the line... If you ask me it is a very bad gamble with risk to reward ration of 65:35.. It isn't worth it... But na u get final say.

2 Likes

Re: Bank A Or Bank B ??? by Basicend: 1:36pm On Jun 15, 2021
The guy is in GT bank and wants to switch to Access Bank.

Contend me if am wrong. It's obvious.

10 Likes

Re: Bank A Or Bank B ??? by elijah101(m): 1:37pm On Jun 15, 2021
Comfort is bad for our health as humans
harley88:

Trying not to get carried away by the comfort In bank A
Re: Bank A Or Bank B ??? by medropoly(m): 1:37pm On Jun 15, 2021
The devil you know is better than the angels you don't know. Oboi if I see work of #200k per month, I no mind the department oh. Even if na department to dey smoke Igbo. I know mind. Guy stay where you dey. Two things no dey do person oh grin

3 Likes

Re: Bank A Or Bank B ??? by LydayBobo(m): 1:37pm On Jun 15, 2021
harley88:
Hi guys,

Or

From 22 years personal Banking experience, create a career path for yourself and work at it. never stay more than 2years in a department no matter how juicy. Know what other units or department are doing and move there if it's in line. Except you wanna be a scholar, money is very important.

1 Like

Re: Bank A Or Bank B ??? by montumonami(m): 1:41pm On Jun 15, 2021
No go throw way your water because you hear say rain go fall.

2 Likes

Re: Bank A Or Bank B ??? by kheeni14(m): 1:42pm On Jun 15, 2021
Hmmmmm!

Just keep your Bank A, from my experience from Bank B(That is if my assumption is right), the supposed car is a loan facilities worth 5m+ spread for 5 years. That shouldn't move you. You can develop yourself to fit into your preferred dept. If you are eyeing Treasury for instance; take up professional course such as CFA, ACCA, ICAN., that could give you an edge upon qualification. I know some one who was moved from operation to Treasury with part-qualification of CFA.

20 months experience is a lot, trust me, the experience will count in whatever position you find yourself subsequently.

4 Likes

Re: Bank A Or Bank B ??? by Cutehector(m): 1:42pm On Jun 15, 2021
harley88:

Lmao, ecobank isn’t an option
you have to let me know the names of the banks so i can tell you about their career growth. I am a seasoned banker
Re: Bank A Or Bank B ??? by DUNKA(m): 1:43pm On Jun 15, 2021
harley88:
Hi guys,

Or

Banking sector Whether Bank A or Bank B just keep it in mind that you never get job yet and keep on searching for another sector. May God keep you safe from vampires in fancy suits grin
Re: Bank A Or Bank B ??? by msbyao: 1:45pm On Jun 15, 2021
My advice: Do not leave Bank A. If you were not going to training school, and it was a a desired move, this advice would be different. If you finish from Bank B's training school and you are deployed(remember, you have no control over the deployment) to the same department you don't like , what would you do? You would have wasted your 20months in Bank A and additional 3- 6 months of training school and back to negative. Since you are then bound for the next 2 years.

Take certifications or trainings in the field/department you would like to move to. Update your records with HR, speak to someone in the department you would like to move to , to notify if there's a vacancy.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Bank A Or Bank B ??? by ofiko123(m): 1:47pm On Jun 15, 2021
Choose the one you feel like choosing..
Re: Bank A Or Bank B ??? by Asour: 1:48pm On Jun 15, 2021
Welovekids1:
Is it right to apply for a job in other banks while you still have a contract with your current place of work?

OP, whatever you do just be careful and follow your mind. So you won’t have anyone to blame if it doesn’t work the way you want it.

Contact us for all types of Baby wears & Shoes, Carriers, Playing mats, Bouncer, etc. Wholesale and retail price.

If it is not right to apply while under contract, why do Banks require potential applicants to have banking experience. Do they want only sacked bankers?

3 Likes

Re: Bank A Or Bank B ??? by byteem: 1:49pm On Jun 15, 2021
Say no more Bank b is access ..if u know whats good for u better run.. the car is a trap.. bloody car rio that has no second-hand value which u pay for five years

3 Likes

Re: Bank A Or Bank B ??? by dahme147(m): 1:50pm On Jun 15, 2021
My candid advise for you is to hold on patiently for the next promotion list. Immediately the list is out and ur promoted, work 3months and move to get the next grade level with another bank in your desired department. Thank me later

harley88:
Hi guys,

Or

Re: Bank A Or Bank B ??? by renew4life: 1:52pm On Jun 15, 2021
foeedaba:
My only advice is, don't be like a woman I know that worked in the same position in a bank for 10 years.
. Really !

Re: Bank A Or Bank B ??? by Asour: 1:52pm On Jun 15, 2021
valentineuwakwe:
A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the Bush......

The devil you know is better than the Angel you don't know.....

A stitch in time, saves nine.......

You are still under 25yrs and I don't know if you still remember those above adage?

Better be careful, my best advice n one others will advice you here too is to stick to the bank A.....
Change of department n being stuck in the same dept should not bother you so long the bank is healthy and your salary comes in regularly.

N.a. wa o....people wey dem give chair no sabi how to sidon on top!

It should bother him O!

In a fast changing world it's a huge risk to remain stagnant.
In the world of work, By remaining stagnant (AKA comfortable) you're inadvertently choosing to be vulnerable. This healthy paranoia he has would be great for his career.

6 Likes

Re: Bank A Or Bank B ??? by hayor2014(m): 1:53pm On Jun 15, 2021
harley88:
Hi guys,

Or

Apply for your vacation and go to the training school of Bank B, hopefully the training school is for 1 month only and see what happens.
I hope you have not used your vacation days already.
I will pick the Job with a lower pay but better Career path.
Ensure to keep jumping from bank to bank, don't stay loyal to any organization, be loyal to your bosses and play the official politics well, get your self a mentor or Godfather, the sky is your limit.
lastly, write ACCA papers F1 - F3, and IELTS, you're just 25 years and leave Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: Bank A Or Bank B ??? by Welovekids1: 1:53pm On Jun 15, 2021
Asour:

If it is not right to apply while under contract, why do Banks require potential applicants to have banking experience. Do they want only sacked bankers?

That is another angle, you have a point.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Needed "a Polite Way Of Writing Resignation Letter" / Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? / Unemployment Fear Grows As More Nigerians Lose Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.