Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,842 members, 7,872,833 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:14 PM

Settling After Marriage(advice) - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Settling After Marriage(advice) (5732 Views)

Life Before Marriage Vs Life After Marriage (photos) / Why Is Getting Married Referred To As "Settling Down"? / Why Do Most Girls Gets So Fat After Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Settling After Marriage(advice) by oneuniquemind(m): 2:29pm On May 05, 2011
Keep ur family together,even considerin d risk from lagos 2 ibadan nd back
Re: Settling After Marriage(advice) by oneuniquemind(m): 2:30pm On May 05, 2011
Re: Settling After Marriage(advice) by oneuniquemind(m): 2:36pm On May 05, 2011
Re: Settling After Marriage(advice) by oneuniquemind(m): 2:38pm On May 05, 2011
Re: Settling After Marriage(advice) by sayso: 2:53pm On May 05, 2011
well just like me,I did exactly this and had no problem because I put my whole trust in GOD,you can do the same.
Re: Settling After Marriage(advice) by isalegan2: 2:59pm On May 05, 2011
this will be a new marriage, as she may need someone. . .

This is not necessary.  All women are not faithless.  Enough of this disrespect to the man and his family, please.

I don't know why seemingly normal people even bother to bring their problems to a place like this.  undecided
Re: Settling After Marriage(advice) by Nobody: 3:51pm On May 05, 2011
OP, stay in the same house. the first few years of marriage are rough, and you don't want to compound the struggle by living separately.
Re: Settling After Marriage(advice) by Princek12(m): 4:25pm On May 05, 2011
isale_gan2:

This is not necessary.  All women are not faithless.  Enough of this disrespect to the man and his family, please.

I don't know why seemingly normal people even bother to bring their problems to a place like this.  undecided

why is it not necessary? I said she may need some service while he is gone, so I am just advising the brother to err on the side of keeping his wife closer, just in case. You never know these days. Like the elders say, body no be firewood.
Re: Settling After Marriage(advice) by Busybody2(f): 4:40pm On May 05, 2011
@ Jennykadry

Please, can you do me a small favour, next time you have to reference Yabaleft, please kindly highlight the fact that you are part of the senior staffs and not one of the quiet, humble, unassuming resident like me, I don't want you to start giving people the wrong impression about us patients lest people start crossing the road when they see me, thank you.
Re: Settling After Marriage(advice) by chux4liv(m): 5:25pm On May 05, 2011
@ Jenny(ARO mistress abi naa master), Naa waoo, Laughter wan kill me for here, why u no go join Basket mouth make two of una dey stage play show, grin You even know say some pussy they sell like LAWMA TRUCK, grin grin grin grin
Re: Settling After Marriage(advice) by Theblessed(f): 6:15pm On May 05, 2011
[size=16pt]Hmmm!!

Don't even think it! Please, keep the family together in one piece o, and at a place you can call HOME. 

Obviously, whatever happens, children will learn what they see around them. Also, your beliefs/values, associates and the environment you chose to raise them are all contributary in making them either responsible individuals or nightmares.

Sure, you don't want wahala abeg, choose wisely o! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
[/size]
Re: Settling After Marriage(advice) by dayokanu(m): 6:58pm On May 05, 2011
OP,

Think about it.

You have just got a job and a new wife, why do you want to stay away when the love still suppose dey shack una.

WHat of the risk of driving to Ibadan and back every week, The cost also?

I for advise make you cool down small and make sure that job is secured and safe cos you probably dont have much saving, you wife still a student and cost of living in lagos no be yams
Re: Settling After Marriage(advice) by Racist: 7:25pm On May 05, 2011
jennykadry:

Talent. Have you got any? cool [color=#990000]
Talent nko?, buhahahaha, talented slut, sounds nice when you think about it

[/quote]No I am not alright, have you not seen my location? F/u/c/K you x20-

see, how right I was when I said you have never had any action in all of your unfortunate life, why dont you just spread your legs and stay in the middle of that very same yaba road, some blind looney might give you some much needed therapy

Too bad? is your life that bad? undecided sowwy
[quote]
nobody's life would be as bad and cursed as your own,
Re: Settling After Marriage(advice) by isalegan2: 7:29pm On May 05, 2011
dayokanu:

why do you want to stay away when the love still suppose dey shack una.

Who asked you?  What do you know about l-o-v-e?  pfft!
When he needs advice about how to run his wife off, he'll holla at ya. tongue
Re: Settling After Marriage(advice) by dayokanu(m): 7:42pm On May 05, 2011
isale_gan2:

Who asked you? What do you know about l-o-v-e? pfft!
When he needs advice about how to run his wife off, he'll holla at ya. tongue

Hey isale how have ou been, You know I've missed you a lot.

We should spend a weekend together soon to show you how much I've missed you.

Your agro dey cash me
Re: Settling After Marriage(advice) by N101: 8:20pm On May 05, 2011
@ youngestpr

If you want to commute to see your family, you probably should not consider getting married. The idea alone so early in marriage is an insecure one. And running two households isn't cheap.

Also, because your fiancee says whatever you do she'll go along with may mean she isn't happy about it. Sit down and discuss it properly with her, do not accept "whatever you say is fine by me", I'm sure she has ideas of her own and you need to draw them out of her. I can tell you that if you decide to have households in two places she will resent it when she has to bring up the children on her own, when she wants company and you are far away. In effect, you are making a rod for your back taking that route.

That isn't the best way to raise a family. You and your wife need to have a life together before you even think about bringing children into the situation, and not from two different locations far away.
Re: Settling After Marriage(advice) by 190: 8:52pm On May 05, 2011
Kai Jennykadry!!! grin grin
Re: Settling After Marriage(advice) by tEsLim(m): 4:52am On May 06, 2011
You can't do that to your marriage when its still young and fresh. Thats the good part you need to enjoy very well while it last. Then you can go get a job in another state 5years later when it starts to become boring. And you have sex only once a month with her already and made no sense asuch living together. And when you travel and come back the distance prolly makes you look fresh to her whenever you arrive for the weekend stays cheesy
Re: Settling After Marriage(advice) by andypash(m): 6:33am On May 06, 2011
I will not advice u to rent an apart for urself here in lagos and move ur family to ibadan
First u have not even marry how will get to kno ur wife when kids comes do u want them to be calling u brother
U have not spent upto 2yrs in lagos i believe when u get use to lagos and its life u will adapt infact it will be more stresful for u traveling either friday eveing nor saturday morning and coming back sundays
Get a good apartment outsketch ikeja,vi like agege,ogba,festac where u can secure maybe 2bedroom for within 150 to 200k anual pending where u work wake early and leave b4 the traffic start u will only face it when u close but u will know that when u get home u will see ur happy family sometimes that‘s what will give u joy after a long stress day pls take a decision that will give u rest of mind and less economical
Re: Settling After Marriage(advice) by pimpJay11(m): 9:26am On May 06, 2011
She is just about to finish school and her opinion is to go along with whatever i decide leaving me to the final decision making. I dont know how to explain rugged and rough more than using those words, i think you should understand, bla bla bla

Guy no mind her,  If u just pay her bride price na she go start the make the decisions, loool

Well, my little expiriences 'bout staying apart from your family and visiting them on weekends.

1. Another fine guy fit collect am marry from you, or she go get two husbands ( you + 1)

2. Be ready to spend twice more than what you wud've if you were 2gether.

3. Be ready to travel or leave your work place at unpected times when she ask you to.

4. The possibilty of you having a second or semi wife in Lagos.

The truth is that; its not so advisable to do it,  but if u have to, you mush learn to live with a real thick hard to survive it,

GUY JUST GO ON YO KNEES BEG BABA GOD TO TELL YOU WETIN YOU NEED DO!! Goodluck!
Re: Settling After Marriage(advice) by atasteve: 10:33am On May 06, 2011
Family apart!!! From other people's experiences, it is dangerous especially for a young marriage. Remember that in the case of marriage relationship, PROXIMITY IS THE KEY TO IMPACT.
On the long run, the choice is still yours. Best of luck.
Re: Settling After Marriage(advice) by Nobody: 11:50am On May 06, 2011
Racist:

Talent nko?, buhahahaha, talented slut, sounds nice when you think about it

see, how right I was when I said you have never had any action in all of your unfortunate life,  why dont you just spread your legs and stay in the middle of that very same yaba road, some blind looney might give you some much needed therapy

nobody's life would be as bad and cursed as your own,

Who is calling my guy name ? timbo grin grin you still dey here? the last time I checked you still dey cry cool

Slut? yes I am, a proud one BTW cool where does that leave you? answer me before I untag ya smelly nyash now angry grin

No wonder all the flies don run for lagos because of ya silly self angry angry angry angry I went to Nigeria recently and couldn't even find a single fly flying around. After researching I got to find out that the day they mistakenly smelt ya nyash as you bend down dey piss and shyt for bush, they went into psychological depression before dey enter coma. Some of them have passed on whilst some are still hanging on to LIFE SUPPORT all because of you angry angry angry if scientists can take one of those dead flies and conduct an autopsy , DNA inside them will match the DNA for ya nyash. Your nyash should be executed. What if these flies kissed an animal before dying na so your DNA go dey spread and kill this innocent animals. Your va[i]g[/i]ina should be properly washed with aloe vera, alum, lime water, sapele water mariah carey's FOREVER fragrance. WE NIGERIANS CANNOT STAND FOR DEATH ANYMORE DUE TO YOUR SMELLY KITTY. Everybody(NLDERS) say it with me three times angry angry angry

WE NIGERIANS CANNOT STAND FOR DEATH ANYMORE DUE TO RACIST'S HYPOVENTILATING KITTY

WE NIGERIANS CANNOT STAND FOR DEATH ANYMORE DUE TO RACIST'S HYPOVENTILATING KITTY

Thank you everybody  cool
Re: Settling After Marriage(advice) by snthesis(m): 2:20pm On May 06, 2011
^^^^ ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Settling After Marriage(advice) by realcele: 2:50pm On May 06, 2011
As for raising kids- Try the biblical saying of "Train up a child in the way it should go and when he is old he wont depart from it" or the book of Yoruba that says "you kill the root of iroko (a type of tree dont know th english word) from the very young stage because by the time they are fully developed you will not be able to control it. You need to properly and continuously train the kids and they will be fine in almost evironment. Dont forget the world is not flat and global and a kid might be in the village but alive to the activities.

On the marriage, i suggest you stay together and develop the relationship better. A weekend visit might turn into months etc if not managed properly.
Re: Settling After Marriage(advice) by obongtunji: 9:57am On May 07, 2011
Am pledin wit u, dont eva tink of saperatin urself from ur family. D danger is enumous.
Re: Settling After Marriage(advice) by Racist: 7:36pm On May 07, 2011
jennykadry:

Who is calling my guy name ? timbo grin grin you still dey here? the last time I checked you still dey cry cool

Slut? yes I am, a proud one BTW cool where does that leave you? answer me before I untag ya smelly nyash now angry grin

No wonder all the flies don run for lagos because of ya silly self angry angry angry angry I went to Nigeria recently and couldn't even find a single fly flying around. After researching I got to find out that the day they mistakenly smelt ya nyash as you bend down dey piss and shyt for bush, they went into psychological depression before dey enter coma. Some of them have passed on whilst some are still hanging on to LIFE SUPPORT all because of you angry angry angry if scientists can take one of those dead flies and conduct an autopsy , DNA inside them will match the DNA for ya nyash. Your nyash should be executed. What if these flies kissed an animal before dying na so your DNA go dey spread and kill this innocent animals. Your va[i]g[/i]ina should be properly washed with aloe vera, alum, lime water, sapele water mariah carey's FOREVER fragrance. WE NIGERIANS CANNOT STAND FOR DEATH ANYMORE DUE TO YOUR SMELLY KITTY. Everybody(NLDERS) say it with me three times angry angry angry

Thank you everybody cool

wish those people responsible for your birth knew what sort of creature they were bringing into this world, ! Infectious disease spreading LovePeddler, get a life, will you, idiot ?
Re: Settling After Marriage(advice) by 234GT(m): 3:47pm On May 09, 2011
You can only choose to have your family in another city if you dont want your marriage to last. Even couples who live together find it difficult to get along well, not to talk of those staying miles away from eachother. undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Settling After Marriage(advice) by cameronese(m): 12:36am On May 10, 2011
First thing first, Get married first, then we can talk about settlement grin shocked grin shocked grin shocked

Seriously, you need your family by your side at all time, except you don't want to be a
responsible hussy.
Re: Settling After Marriage(advice) by seedorf123: 8:03am On May 13, 2011
thats is really goo

(1) (2) (Reply)

Busybody My Twinny. On Behalf Of Family Section, Happy Birthday Darling / Our 4th Child Is Not Yours - Wife Confesses To Her Husband / SUREHOME MARRIAGE SEMINAR | November Edition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.