Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,625 members, 7,921,337 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 11:17 PM

How Do You Know A Fake Travel Agent? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Do You Know A Fake Travel Agent? (906 Views)

Lady Left Devastated After Paying N2.5 Million For A Fake Visa. / Experience With Fake Travel Agents / How To Spot A Fake Travel Agency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Know A Fake Travel Agent? by YoungLionken(m): 1:11pm On Jun 12, 2021
One of my employees(a hardworking one at that) wanted to relocate to Europe(Poland I think) two years ago(2019)..

I wasn't so sure of what he wanted, his reasons and all that. And again, I wasn't ready to let him go because of his dedication. But he sounded pretty sure of his plans(we didn't really dig deep into that though)..

So he tendered his resignation letter and I let him off..

Fast forward to this very year(2021), he came around unexpectedly. Out of curiosity, I asked him what happened, as he's supposed to be in the land of his dreams. He lamented about how he was scammed by his travel agent, that a lot of things in the process looked so real despite being fake.

Literally, I was short of words. The only thing I could have said is "I warned you to be careful, you wouldn't listen", but I didn't, the tension was already bad enough, as he was really depressed..

Now, one of my nephews in-law is talking about travelling abroad for a BSc study. I'm kind of sceptical about it, yet, I don't want to discourage him, so he won't blame me for life if things didn't work out as planned..

I suggested a private university for him here in the country but, he's not having any of it.

He's talking about a travel agent he met at the immigration office, blah blah blah!

When I talk too much, he reminded me of how I planned travelling overseas for PhD..

Those with practical experience should share to save my nephew and others(in this forum) who are desperate eager to travel abroad...
Re: How Do You Know A Fake Travel Agent? by SamuelLoch: 1:16pm On Jun 12, 2021
When I see a travel agent talking/writing about "how to know a fake travel agent?"

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know A Fake Travel Agent? by ednut1(m): 3:56pm On Jun 12, 2021
YoungLionken:
One of my employees(a hardworking one at that) wanted to relocate to Europe(Poland I think) two years ago(2019)..

I wasn't so sure of what he wanted, his reasons and all that. And again, I wasn't ready to let him go because of his dedication. But he sounded pretty sure of his plans(we didn't really dig deep into that though)..

So he tendered his resignation letter and I let him off..

Fast forward to this very year(2021), he came around unexpectedly. Out of curiosity, I asked him what happened, as he's supposed to be in the land of his dreams. He lamented about how he was scammed by his travel agent, that a lot of things in the process looked so real despite being fake.

Literally, I was short of words. The only thing I could have said is "I warned you to be careful, you wouldn't listen", but I didn't, the tension was already bad enough, as he was really depressed..

Now, one of my nephews in-law is talking about travelling abroad for a BSc study. I'm kind of sceptical about it, yet, I don't want to discourage him, so he won't blame me for life if things didn't work out as planned..

I suggested a private university for him here in the country but, he's not having any of it.

He's talking about a travel agent he met at the immigration office, blah blah blah!

When I talk too much, he reminded me of how I planned travelling overseas for PhD..

Those with practical experience should share to save my nephew and others(in this forum) who are desperate eager to travel abroad...

bsc is expensive abroad. Even many rich people only send their kids for master abroad as it usually one or two years not four years like bsc. If you nephew no get money he should selve the idea. Also there are many cheap useless countries abroad that after studying you have to return back to Nigeria. Many have been victims

(1) (Reply)

Trip Report / Ibadan To Abuja On Overland Airways/ Turboprop Aircraft / A Car Trash Can Is A Great Way To Dispose Of Your Unwanted Garbage / How Do You Personally Deal With Racism?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.