Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,853 members, 7,872,854 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:06 AM

Who Really Is Rochas? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Really Is Rochas? (6693 Views)

Caption This Photo Of Rochas Okorocha Dancing Shakitibobo As Tekno Sings / Please What Is Rochas Okorocha Doing In This Photo? / What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Really Is Rochas? by udoagwu: 4:19pm On May 04, 2011
Everyone is speaking about Owelle Rochas Anayo Okorocha, but deep down within us do we really know this man Rochas, it is not about saying he will give free education at all levels, has he been asked how he intends to achieve it, what exactly does he know about governance, what major political office has he held before, from what business did he acquire so much wealth, why have we not seen him stand with his wife like Goodluck and Dame Patience or Ikedi and Chioma Ohakim, Barack and Mitchelle Obama, or does he not have a wife? So many more questions trouble me and i am sure we have these fears within us , but are just too scared to ask. The devil you know is better than the angel you don't know, Lets be wise in choosing. One decision you take now can make or mar you future.continuity is the pathway to progress. Godbless you all.

1 Like

Re: Who Really Is Rochas? by dustydee: 4:33pm On May 04, 2011
Is that a criteria to contest for the governorship of a state?if not let the people decide who they want.
Re: Who Really Is Rochas? by enyojo(f): 4:43pm On May 04, 2011
[size=19pt]CV[/size]
NAME IN FULL: OKOROCHA ROCHAS ANAYO ETHELBERT
DATE OF BIRTH: 22ND SEPTEMBER 1962
PLACE OF BIRTH: OGBOKO
LOCAL GOVERNMENT: IDEATO SOUTH
STATE OF ORIGIN: IMO STATE
MARITAL STATUS: MARRIED
EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS ATTENDED:
(a) Primary - St. Joseph Primary School, Barkin Ladi, Jos 1970 – 1976
(b) Secondary - Juladaco High School, Jos - 1976 - 1981
(c) Tertiary - University of Jos - 1990 - 1991
University of Jos - 1993 - 1994
University of Jos - 1999 - 2004
QUALIFICATIONS OBTAINED:
(i) First School Leaving Certificate - 1976
(ii) WAEC/GCE - 1981
(iii) Diploma (Public Admin) - 1991
(iv) Advanced Diploma (Public Admin) - 1994
(v) LL. B (Hons) - 2004

CONTACT ADDRESS:
Rochas Foundation Headquarters
Unity House
Plot 1041 Ahmadu Bello Way, Area 11, Garki, Abuja
Tel:
E-Mail: rochasgrp@yahoo.com
CAREER (WORKING LIFE):

President, Nigeria Red Cross Society
President/Founder, Rochas Foundation Inc
President, Rochas Group of Companies Limited
Pro Chancellor, African Business School
Former Federal Commissioner, Federal Character Commission
Former Member, National Constitutional Conference
Former Chairman, Board of Nigerian Airspace Management Agency
Former Special Adviser to the President on Inter-Party Relations
Former Presidential Aspitant, Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)
Re: Who Really Is Rochas? by oguejoifor: 4:45pm On May 04, 2011
We do not need distractions about who he is, Rochas is the man that won the Imo state Gubernatorial elections in 2011 and waiting to be sworn in as the Governor. He has a very popular mass appeal amongst the states citizens cut across all age strata. He is very humane, helpful and humble and treats all people equally with respect without looking at status. He is touted also as the most likely Igbo man to be Nigerias president, He also has huge follower ship in the North, South and West.
Re: Who Really Is Rochas? by enyojo(f): 4:46pm On May 04, 2011
CITATION ON OWELLE ROCHAS OKOROCHA
(LLM, LLB, PGDM, ADPA, ADSLCM, DPA, FABS)

To present this man, these words of Oswald Sanders quickly come to mind;
And I quote;
When God wants to drill a man
Thrill a man, and skill a man
When God wants to mould a man to play the noblest part;
When he yearns all his heart to create so great and bold a man that all the world shall be amazed,
Watch his methods,
Watch his ways, how he ruthlessly perfects whom he royally elects!

This great quote personifies this man whom am about to introduce.

Your Excellencies
Ladies and Gentlemen
Standing before you today to be honored:

Is a man of humble beginning, no one can ever believe that this man was once a street trader due to his poor family background. The amazing thing is that he is not ashamed of his poor past, in fact he treasures them.

Ladies and Gentlemen!

This man has been described by men in different ways:

To some he is a politician
To some he is a philanthropist
To some he is a business mogul
Just recently the Honorable Minister for foreign Affairs Dr. Ojo Maduekwe described him as a magician
President Olusegun Obasanjo once said that this man is known for trying to do the Impossible.
Who really is this MAN?
Ladies and Gentlemen

This Unique Nigerian
The great philanthropist of no equal measure
The great teacher and educationist
The great Orator of our time
The apostle of Peace and a detribalized Nigerian
The great politician kept by God for an appointed time
The great business mogul whose name is synonymous to success
The great father to thousands of poor Nigerian children
The symbol of the new generation
The standard bearer of a new Nigeria
The Emperor of the Disabled
An accomplished administrator
Former School Teacher
Former Principal of school
Former Law maker
Former Federal Commissioner
Former Presidential Aspirant
Former Chairman of Board of Parastatal
Former Presidential Adviser
Former Pro-Chancellor
Holder of National Honors
Patron, Association of local Governments of Nigeria (ALGON)
Patron and Grand Patron of  associations too numerous to mention
Chairman committee of friends who spearheaded the completion of the National Ecumenical centre.
Professor of Philanthropy
Fellow African Business school (FABS)
Fellow Federal Polytechnic Idah
Fellow Federal Polytechnic Bauchi,
Grand Fellow Obafemi Awolowo Order of Free Education (OAU) Ile-Ife
National Coordinator, National Peace Forum
Founder, Rochas Professionals and Allied  Group
Founder/President Rochas Foundation Inc., and Rochas Foundation Colleges
Chairman Rochas Group of companies
President, Nigerian Red Cross Society
Born in Ogboko Ideato south local government area of Imo state on the 22nd of September 1962 at exactly 12.00 pm to late Chief and Mrs. Nicholas Okorocha of blessed memory.
He grew up in Barkin Ladi Plateau state where his parent lived.
He had his primary education at St. Joseph Primary School, Barkin Ladi, Jos  from 1970 to 1976
Proceeded to JULADACO High School, Jos from 1976 – 1981 where he obtained his West African Examination Council certificate (WAEC)
He holds a Diploma in public Administration from the University of Jos.
He holds a Diploma in Law, security and conflict management from the University of Jos
He holds an advanced Diploma in public administration from the University of Jos
Holder of a Postgraduate Diploma in Management from the Benue state University
Holder of a Degree in Law (LLB) from the University of Jos
Holder of a Masters degree in Law (LLM) from the University of Jos
Ladies and Gentlemen:

Shakespeare in his words said; “some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them”.

Like most great men, he showed early signs of precocity and ingenuity.  

Early in life, he imbibed the virtues of self-reliance, hard work and discipline and by strict application of these principles; he achieved phenomenal success in record time.

As a teacher, he taught at the St. marks Commercial College Zawan, and rose to the position of the Principal in the same school, while on part time studies at the University of Jos.

He later established the Kings commercial college in 1984 with the help of the late Gbom-Gwom Jos, Da. Dr. Fom Bot.

He left teaching and school management to set up the Rochas Group of Companies in 1987.  In the management of his business, he brought to bear the same sense of discipline, commitment and faith in God.  Today, the Rochas Group is a blue conglomerate with interests spanning the areas of real estate, construction, commerce, Hospitality, pharmaceuticals, finance, aviation and banking.

As a peace maker, he founded the National Peace foundation to afford leaders the opportunity to meet and interact for the purpose of peace and progress in our dear nation.

This great man standing before you once said and I quote; “I hate injustice, I hate poverty, and any effort to prevent it should never be discouraged”.

As he often says “let us talk more of the things that unite us and speak less of the evils that separate us”.

As a politician, this great friend of the poor made his debut in politics when he contested and won election as a member of the National constitutional conference in 1994.  As one of the youngest members of the Conference, representing Ideato North / South Federal Constituency, his vibrancy and brilliant contributions to the making of the Nigerian Constitution remains a source of inspiration to his generation and all Nigerian youth.

He was later appointed Commissioner of the Federal Character Commission.
This became another platform for the pursuit of his well-known campaign for peace, unity, justice and equity.  Today, his imprimatur remains significant in the formulation of the policy of the Federal Character in Nigeria.

He was also appointed the Chairman of the Nigerian Airspace Management Agency (NAMA)

Though his Political life has been that of mixed feelings, but he has remained dogged and resolute in the pursuit of his political career.

The first anchor of his sojourn in partisan politics was the then United Nigeria Congress Party of which he was a founding member and principal financier.  But that dispensation was short-lived and when the ban on politics was lifted to usher in the 3rd Republic, he teamed up with other distinguished Nigerians to found what is today Africa’s biggest political party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

A bridge between the old and young generation, he became the National Chairman of Youth Mobilization of the PDP.  And his outstanding performance in that capacity, contributed immensely to the spread and strength of the PDP, as it is known today.

In the build up to the 4th Republic, He contested election as Governor of Imo state in 1999, the victory still remains a mirage to all Imo sons and daughters. He later yielded to the strident national call to run for the Presidency of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, which he did on the platform of the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP).  His entrance brought an uncommon vibrancy and organizational efficiency that revived the hitherto comatose ANPP from a weak opposition to a strong and viable contender for political leadership of the country.

He was later invited to join the Federal Cabinet by President Olusegun Obasanjo, in recognition of his value and his contributions to national development. On assumption of official duties, he turned the once dormant and unattractive office of the Special Adviser to the President on Inter-Party Relations into the most vibrant and the most effective political office in the land.  

He ran a presidential campaign that has been locally and internationally acclaimed as unique, innovative and edifying both in form and substance.  The issues and grassroots oriented nature of his campaign brought presidential campaigns back to the table of national discourse.  The colors that attended his nation-wide campaign tours brought back to Nigerians beautiful memories of the days of great politicians like Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe, Chief Obafemi Awolowo and Dr. K. O. Mbadiwe.

In the run-up to the 2007 PDP presidential primaries, this great politician reunited with the PDP a month to the primaries and made history as he emerged runner-up to President Umaru Musa Yar’adua.

As a philanthropist
Due to his humble beginnings and his Christian faith, he is unconditionally committed to alleviating the plight of the less privileged in society as a basis for economic emancipation and social justice.  In fulfillment of this, he established the Rochas Foundation devoted to catering for the needs of the disabled, the poor and less privileged in society.  Till today, the Rochas Foundation provides materials, educational and medical sponsorship for the less privileged.

An ardent believer in the ability of man to determine his destiny, Rochas Okorocha believes that with hard work, faith in God, honesty and objective planning, all good things are possible and his life has been a fitting testimony to this belief.  As he often says and I quote; “I see injustice and I ask why not justice; I see poverty and I ask why not affluence; I see the less privileged and I say why not Rochas Foundation; I see indigent children unable to acquire education and I say why not Rochas Foundation Colleges”.  In pursuit of this vision, he established the Rochas Foundation Colleges, a comprehensive free secondary educational institution that offers free tuition, boarding, feeding, transportation and Medicare to over 3000 Nigerian children of the less privileged.

He is a holder of numerous titles from communities and associations within and outside the country in appreciation of his service to humanity.

He was conferred with the dual traditional titles of “OWELLE NDI IGBO and DAN JEKAN SOKOTO” in a unique and unprecedented ceremony by the body of traditional rulers of the South-East and the North led by the Chairman of the South-East Forum of Traditional Rulers, Eze Dr. Ezo Ukandu JP and the late Sultan of Sokoto, His Eminence Alhaji Muhammadu Maccido (CFR). He is also the OMORODUN OF YORUBALAND, the OKALA OF EHIE, TALBAN GWAGWALADA and UBAN TALAKAWA.

A devout and fervent Christian, he is happily married with six children 3 boys and 3 girls outside his many adopted children.  A man who believes that no matter the height, he has attained in life, his greatest joy is in identifying with his family, his roots, the poor and the less privileged in our society. A man reserved by God for the right moment to lead his people to the Promise Land.

Ladies and Gentlemen permit me the special honour and privilege of presenting to you –

A former School Teacher
An accomplished administrator
A captain of industry and distinguished entrepreneur
A political strategist and mass mobilizer
The symbol of the new generation
The standard bearer of a new Nigeria
An epitome and an apostle of Peace
The Emperor of the Disabled
The benefactor of the less privileged, and incomparable philanthropist
President / CEO
Rochas Group of Companies
Lamonde Nigeria Limited
Etha Ventures Limited
Ambjek Air Services Limited
Vaccine World Limited
The Founder/President, Rochas Foundation
Founder Rochas Foundation College Owerri
Founder Rochas Foundation College Ogboko
Founder Rochas Foundation College Kano
Founder Rochas Foundation College Jos
Founder Rochas Foundation College Ibadan
Former Commissioner, Federal Character Commission
Former Presidential Aspirant, All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP)
Former Presidential Aspirant, Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)
Former Chairman, Nigeria Airspace Management Agency
National Coordinator, National Peace Forum
Former Pro-Chancellor, African Business School
President, Nigerian Red Cross Society
Professor of Philanthropy (Honors Causa)
Ladies and Gentlemen, here is the

OMORODUN OF YORUBALAND
OKALA OF ECHIE
TALBAN GWAGWALADA
DAN JEKAN SOKOTO and
OWELLE NDI IGBO

OWELLE ANAYO ROCHAS OKOROCHA (OON)
LLM, LLB, PGDM, ADPA, ADSLCM, DPA, FABS)
Re: Who Really Is Rochas? by TCollins1: 4:54pm On May 04, 2011
Everyone is speaking about Owelle Rochas Anayo Okorocha, but deep down within us do we really know  this man Rochas, it is not about saying he will give free education at all levels, has he been asked how he intends to achieve it, what exactly does he know about governance, what major political office has he held before, from what business did he acquire so much wealth, why have we not seen him stand with his wife like  Goodluck and Dame Patience or Ikedi and Chioma Ohakim, Barack and Mitchelle Obama, or does he not have a wife? So many more questions trouble me and i am sure we have these fears within us , but are just too scared to ask. The devil you know is better than the angel you don't know, Lets be wise in choosing. One decision you take now can make or mar you future.continuity is the pathway to progress. Godbless you all.

All these have been disturbing my head of late but thanks for posting this thread. we've heard a lot from Rochas, firstly he said he wants only 1 tenure, later he said if he doesn't rescue Imo in 3-4 years then we have to give him another chance. He also said he would give free education at all levels, then imoliotes asked him how does he intend to do that? the only thing he said without explaining was that "it's possible with Imo state allocation". Then i wonder how does he intend to govern Imo when ordinarily he couldn't convince us based on his vision for Imo state. past experience has taught me that people with no clue can't lead and if eventually he becomes(God forbids it) the governor, it will be a case whereby he sits on the throne while others do the directing and the governing of the state. Imolites be wise and support Ikedi ohakim for continuity and good governance.
Re: Who Really Is Rochas? by udoagwu: 5:14pm On May 04, 2011
All these have been disturbing my head of late but thanks for posting this thread. we've heard a lot from Rochas, firstly he said he wants only 1 tenure, later he said if he doesn't rescue Imo in 3-4 years then we have to give him another chance. He also said he would give free education at all levels, then imoliotes asked him how does he intend to do that? the only thing he said without explaining was that "it's possible with Imo state allocation". Then i wonder how does he intend to govern Imo when ordinarily he couldn't convince us based on his vision for Imo state. past experience has taught me that people with no clue can't lead and if eventually he becomes(God forbids it) the governor, it will be a case whereby he sits on the throne while others do the directing and the governing of the state. Imolites be wise and support Ikedi ohakim for continuity and good governance
Thanks for the insight, we need more men like you, who can speak the truth when it matters.
Re: Who Really Is Rochas? by udoagwu: 5:21pm On May 04, 2011
Posted by: enyojo
Insert Quote

CV
NAME IN FULL: OKOROCHA ROCHAS ANAYO ETHELBERT
DATE OF BIRTH: 22ND SEPTEMBER 1962
PLACE OF BIRTH: OGBOKO
LOCAL GOVERNMENT: IDEATO SOUTH
STATE OF ORIGIN: IMO STATE
MARITAL STATUS: MARRIED
EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS ATTENDED:
(a) Primary - St. Joseph Primary School, Barkin Ladi, Jos 1970 – 1976
(b) Secondary - Juladaco High School, Jos - 1976 - 1981
(c) Tertiary - University of Jos - 1990 - 1991
University of Jos - 1993 - 1994
University of Jos - 1999 - 2004
QUALIFICATIONS OBTAINED:
(i) First School Leaving Certificate - 1976
(ii) WAEC/GCE - 1981
(iii) Diploma (Public Admin) - 1991
(iv) Advanced Diploma (Public Admin) - 1994
(v) LL. B (Hons) - 2004

CONTACT ADDRESS:
Rochas Foundation Headquarters
Unity House
Plot 1041 Ahmadu Bello Way, Area 11, Garki, Abuja
Tel:
E-Mail: rochasgrp@yahoo.com
CAREER (WORKING LIFE):

President, Nigeria Red Cross Society
President/Founder, Rochas Foundation Inc
President, Rochas Group of Companies Limited
Pro Chancellor, African Business School
Former Federal Commissioner, Federal Character Commission
Former Chairman, Board of Nigerian Airspace Management Agency
Former Presidential Aspitant, Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)
i need to know the years he held those postions under CAREER(WORKING LIFE). pls state it the same way you stated his EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION and QUALIFICATIONS OBTAINED. thanks
Re: Who Really Is Rochas? by udoagwu: 5:33pm On May 04, 2011
Insert Quote
We do not need distractions about who he is, Rochas is the man that won the Imo state Gubernatorial elections in 2011 and waiting to be sworn in as the Governor. He has a very popular mass appeal amongst the states citizens cut across all age strata. He is very humane, helpful and humble and treats all people equally with respect without looking at status. He is touted also as the most likely Igbo man to be Nigerias president, He also has huge follower ship in the North, South and West.
It is very clear you lack ideas on how to express yourself, mind you Rochas did not win any election, Rochas has never won any election, it amazes me that you can spew such false information in a forum like this, I no you just registered but that is not an excuse for your outright falsehood. Until the winner is pronounced by INEC, then we can say soso person won the election. And you saying that Rochas is loved and popular, GOOsh, is that your Idea of a good leader are those the things that make someone credible. Pls think well.
Re: Who Really Is Rochas? by houvest: 5:51pm On May 04, 2011

And I quote;
When he yearns all his heart to create so great and bold a man that all the world shall be amazed,
Watch his methods,

Your Excellencies
Ladies and Gentlemen

Is a man of humble beginning, no one can ever believe that this man was once a street trader due to his poor family background. The amazing thing is that he is not ashamed of his poor past, in fact he treasures them.

Ladies and Gentlemen!

•To some he is a politician
•To some he is a philanthropist
•To some he is a business mogul
•Just recently the Honorable Minister for foreign Affairs Dr. Ojo Maduekwe described him as a magician
•President Olusegun Obasanjo once said that this man is known for trying to do the Impossible.
Who really is this MAN?
Ladies and Gentlemen

•This Unique Nigerian
•The great philanthropist of no equal measure
•The great teacher and educationist
•The great Orator of our time
•The apostle of Peace and a detribalized Nigerian
•The great politician kept by God for an appointed time
•The great business mogul whose name is synonymous to success
•The great father to thousands of poor Nigerian children
•The symbol of the new generation
•The standard bearer of a new Nigeria
•The Emperor of the Disabled
•An accomplished administrator
•Former School Teacher
•Former Principal of school
•Former Law maker
•Former Federal Commissioner
•Former Presidential Aspirant
•Former Chairman of Board of Parastatal
•Former Presidential Adviser
•Former Pro-Chancellor
•Holder of National Honors
•Patron, Association of local Governments of Nigeria (ALGON)
•Patron and Grand Patron of associations too numerous to mention
•Chairman committee of friends who spearheaded the completion of the National Ecumenical centre.
•Professor of Philanthropy
•Fellow African Business school (FABS)
•Fellow Federal Polytechnic Idah
•Fellow Federal Polytechnic Bauchi,
•Grand Fellow Obafemi Awolowo Order of Free Education (OAU) Ile-Ife
•National Coordinator, National Peace Forum
•Founder, Rochas Professionals and Allied Group
•Founder/President Rochas Foundation Inc., and Rochas Foundation Colleges
•Chairman Rochas Group of companies
•President, Nigerian Red Cross Society
•Born in Ogboko Ideato south local government area of Imo state on the 22nd of September 1962 at exactly 12.00 pm to late Chief and Mrs. Nicholas Okorocha of blessed memory.
•He grew up in Barkin Ladi Plateau state where his parent lived.
•He had his primary education at St. Joseph Primary School, Barkin Ladi, Jos from 1970 to 1976
•Proceeded to JULADACO High School, Jos from 1976 – 1981 where he obtained his West African Examination Council certificate (WAEC)
•He holds a Diploma in public Administration from the University of Jos.
•He holds a Diploma in Law, security and conflict management from the University of Jos
•He holds an advanced Diploma in public administration from the University of Jos
•Holder of a Postgraduate Diploma in Management from the Benue state University
•Holder of a Degree in Law (LLB) from the University of Jos
•Holder of a Masters degree in Law (LLM) from the University of Jos
Ladies and Gentlemen:

Shakespeare in his words said; “some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them”.

Early in life, he imbibed the virtues of self-reliance, hard work and discipline and by strict application of these principles; he achieved phenomenal success in record time.

As a teacher, he taught at the St. marks Commercial College Zawan, and rose to the position of the Principal in the same school, while on part time studies at the University of Jos.

He later established the Kings commercial college in 1984 with the help of the late Gbom-Gwom Jos, Da. Dr. Fom Bot.

He left teaching and school management to set up the Rochas Group of Companies in 1987. In the management of his business, he brought to bear the same sense of discipline, commitment and faith in God. Today, the Rochas Group is a blue conglomerate with interests spanning the areas of real estate, construction, commerce, Hospitality, pharmaceuticals, finance, aviation and banking.

As a peace maker, he founded the National Peace foundation to afford leaders the opportunity to meet and interact for the purpose of peace and progress in our dear nation.

This great man standing before you once said and I quote; “I hate injustice, I hate poverty, and any effort to prevent it should never be discouraged”.

As he often says “let us talk more of the things that unite us and speak less of the evils that separate us”.

As a politician, this great friend of the poor made his debut in politics when he contested and won election as a member of the National constitutional conference in 1994. As one of the youngest members of the Conference, representing Ideato North / South Federal Constituency, his vibrancy and brilliant contributions to the making of the Nigerian Constitution remains a source of inspiration to his generation and all Nigerian youth.

This became another platform for the pursuit of his well-known campaign for peace, unity, justice and equity. Today, his imprimatur remains significant in the formulation of the policy of the Federal Character in Nigeria.

He was also appointed the Chairman of the Nigerian Airspace Management Agency (NAMA)

Though his Political life has been that of mixed feelings, but he has remained dogged and resolute in the pursuit of his political career.

The first anchor of his sojourn in partisan politics was the then United Nigeria Congress Party of which he was a founding member and principal financier. But that dispensation was short-lived and when the ban on politics was lifted to usher in the 3rd Republic, he teamed up with other distinguished Nigerians to found what is today Africa’s biggest political party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

A bridge between the old and young generation, he became the National Chairman of Youth Mobilization of the PDP. And his outstanding performance in that capacity, contributed immensely to the spread and strength of the PDP, as it is known today.

In the build up to the 4th Republic, He contested election as Governor of Imo state in 1999, the victory still remains a mirage to all Imo sons and daughters. He later yielded to the strident national call to run for the Presidency of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, which he did on the platform of the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP). His entrance brought an uncommon vibrancy and organizational efficiency that revived the hitherto comatose ANPP from a weak opposition to a strong and viable contender for political leadership of the country.

He was later invited to join the Federal Cabinet by President Olusegun Obasanjo, in recognition of his value and his contributions to national development. On assumption of official duties, he turned the once dormant and unattractive office of the Special Adviser to the President on Inter-Party Relations into the most vibrant and the most effective political office in the land.

He ran a presidential campaign that has been locally and internationally acclaimed as unique, innovative and edifying both in form and substance. The issues and grassroots oriented nature of his campaign brought presidential campaigns back to the table of national discourse. The colors that attended his nation-wide campaign tours brought back to Nigerians beautiful memories of the days of great politicians like Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe, Chief Obafemi Awolowo and Dr. K. O. Mbadiwe.

In the run-up to the 2007 PDP presidential primaries, this great politician reunited with the PDP a month to the primaries and made history as he emerged runner-up to President Umaru Musa Yar’adua.

As a philanthropist
Due to his humble beginnings and his Christian faith, he is unconditionally committed to alleviating the plight of the less privileged in society as a basis for economic emancipation and social justice. In fulfillment of this, he established the Rochas Foundation devoted to catering for the needs of the disabled, the poor and less privileged in society. Till today, the Rochas Foundation provides materials, educational and medical sponsorship for the less privileged.

An ardent believer in the ability of man to determine his destiny, Rochas Okorocha believes that with hard work, faith in God, honesty and objective planning, all good things are possible and his life has been a fitting testimony to this belief. As he often says and I quote; “I see injustice and I ask why not justice; I see poverty and I ask why not affluence; I see the less privileged and I say why not Rochas Foundation; I see indigent children unable to acquire education and I say why not Rochas Foundation Colleges”. In pursuit of this vision, he established the Rochas Foundation Colleges, a comprehensive free secondary educational institution that offers free tuition, boarding, feeding, transportation and Medicare to over 3000 Nigerian children of the less privileged.

He is a holder of numerous titles from communities and associations within and outside the country in appreciation of his service to humanity.

He was conferred with the dual traditional titles of “OWELLE NDI IGBO and DAN JEKAN SOKOTO” in a unique and unprecedented ceremony by the body of traditional rulers of the South-East and the North led by the Chairman of the South-East Forum of Traditional Rulers, Eze Dr. Ezo Ukandu JP and the late Sultan of Sokoto, His Eminence Alhaji Muhammadu Maccido (CFR). He is also the OMORODUN OF YORUBALAND, the OKALA OF EHIE, TALBAN GWAGWALADA and UBAN TALAKAWA.

A devout and fervent Christian, he is happily married with six children 3 boys and 3 girls outside his many adopted children. A man who believes that no matter the height, he has attained in life, his greatest joy is in identifying with his family, his roots, the poor and the less privileged in our society. A man reserved by God for the right moment to lead his people to the Promise Land.

Ladies and Gentlemen permit me the special honour and privilege of presenting to you –

•A former School Teacher
•A captain of industry and distinguished entrepreneur
•A political strategist and mass mobilizer
•An epitome and an apostle of Peace
•The benefactor of the less privileged, and incomparable philanthropist
•President / CEO

•Rochas Group of Companies
•Lamonde Nigeria Limited
•Etha Ventures Limited
•Ambjek Air Services Limited
•Vaccine World Limited
•The Founder/President, Rochas Foundation
•Founder Rochas Foundation College Owerri
•Founder Rochas Foundation College Ogboko
•Founder Rochas Foundation College Kano
•Founder Rochas Foundation College Jos
•Founder Rochas Foundation College Ibadan
•Former Member, National Constitutional Conference
•Former Commissioner, Federal Character Commission
•Former Presidential Aspirant, All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP)
•Former Presidential Aspirant, Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)
•Former Chairman, Nigeria Airspace Management Agency
•Former Special Adviser to the President on Inter-Party Relations
•Former Pro-Chancellor, African Business School
•Professor of Philanthropy (Honors Causa)

OMORODUN OF YORUBALAND
OKALA OF ECHIE
TALBAN GWAGWALADA
DAN JEKAN SOKOTO and
OWELLE NDI IGBO

LLM, LLB, PGDM, ADPA, ADSLCM, DPA

http://rochasokorocha.org/?page_id=4
Re: Who Really Is Rochas? by houvest: 5:55pm On May 04, 2011
Rochas Foundation
Rochas Foundation was formed as a non profit organisation that sought to better the lives of the under-privileged in society; to increase their chances of making a better future for themselves and their family, and to become fully contributing, valued members of a productive society. The foundation began its first humanitarian work with the Reach out and Touch programme; visiting orphaned children and the homeless, offering food, warmth, companionship and comfort. The Foundation then moved on to dealing with minor health problems and providing basic medical initiatives such as clean water, jabs, antiseptic wipes and inexpensive medicines. This was the start of the Reach Out and Touch Programme (ROTOP).

At the beginning of the new Millennium Owelle Rochas Okorocha turned his concerns to an ever growing problem in Nigeria – the number of children who had left school early, unable to afford to continue with their education. To counteract this Owelle Rochas Okorocha decided to provide free secondary (high school) education for children 11 years and beyond, giving them the best opportunity for a promising start in life. At the Rochas Foundation every possible dynamic for the most productive life is offered to the students free of charge. Quality education, health care, life skills and character development are all taught ensuring their well balanced development in to productive citizens that Nigeria can be proud of, the Doctors, Lawyers and other professionals of tomorrow.

Presently there are five schools throughout the state of Nigeria, situated in Owerri Imo state East Nigeria, Kano, Jos, Ibadan and Ogboko. Construction of the University of Ogboko has begun and solid plans for the development of schools in another 30 states throughout Nigeria are all underway. Owelle Rochas Okorocha maintains his vision that 1,000,000 African children will receive a free education through his schools by 2015, thereby creating a brighter future not just for the children but for Nigeria herself.

Since its conception in 1994 Owelle Rochas Okorocha has been the sole contributor to his charity providing everything that the common man in the Reach Out and Touch Programme or the children within his foundations could possibly need, all from his own personal fortune. However, the ambitious dream of schooling 1,000,000 children in Nigeria means that there has become a need for the Rochas Foundation to go public. Relying on the courtesy and kindness of people just like you to help attain the dream.

The Headquarters for The Rochas Foundation are located at Unity House in Abuja, where an international staff remain committed to Owelle Rochas Okorocha’s dream, allowing the charity to reach as global remit as possible. Plans to open an office in London are underway and the Rochas Foundation continues to recruit as many volunteers as possible, to carry on the good work that the founder Owelle Rochas Okorocha
Re: Who Really Is Rochas? by TCollins1: 6:16pm On May 04, 2011

No result has been announced yet, where did you get yours from. you heavy propagandist.you better shut your mouth.
Re: Who Really Is Rochas? by arinzeeze: 6:21pm On May 04, 2011

why was he removed as the chairman?
Re: Who Really Is Rochas? by iudoagwu(m): 6:28pm On May 04, 2011

OMORODUN OF YORUBALAND
OKALA OF ECHIE
TALBAN GWAGWALADA
DAN JEKAN SOKOTO and
OWELLE NDI IGBO

I have a question for you Mr Poster. If Rochas is too good a man, with so many names,
Why the problem with NAMA?
Why was he wanted by Fords?
Why has he lost grip on ANPP?
Why has PDP disowned him?
Why has he not won any political office since he started his political harlotry?
A lot more question for you.
Re: Who Really Is Rochas? by Ngwakwe: 6:29pm On May 04, 2011
@ Ohakim Sympathisers

Ohakim appointed Rochas as Educational Overseer but failed to fund it.
Then Ohakim went mad and announced during a speech he made that he has spent Five hundred million in education as he speak (in the first year of his tenure).
Rochas decided to quit in protest as to exonerate himself from evil propagander of a 419er called Imo State Governor.
Rochas can be trusted and is not a liar like IKIRI
Re: Who Really Is Rochas? by TCollins1: 6:37pm On May 04, 2011

And I quote;
Watch his methods,

Your Excellencies
Ladies and Gentlemen

Ladies and Gentlemen!

•To some he is a politician
•To some he is a philanthropist
•To some he is a business mogul
•Just recently the Honorable Minister for foreign Affairs Dr. Ojo Maduekwe described him as a magician
•President Olusegun Obasanjo once said that this man is known for trying to do the Impossible.
Who really is this MAN?
Ladies and Gentlemen

•This Unique Nigerian
•The great philanthropist of no equal measure
•The great teacher and educationist
•The great Orator of our time
•The apostle of Peace and a detribalized Nigerian
•The great politician kept by God for an appointed time
•The great business mogul whose name is synonymous to success
•The great father to thousands of poor Nigerian children
•Former School Teacher
•Former Principal of school
•Former Law maker
•Former Federal Commissioner
•Former Presidential Aspirant
•Former Chairman of Board of Parastatal
•Former Presidential Adviser
•Former Pro-Chancellor
•Holder of National Honors
•Patron, Association of local Governments of Nigeria (ALGON)
•Patron and Grand Patron of associations too numerous to mention
•Chairman committee of friends who spearheaded the completion of the National Ecumenical centre.
•Professor of Philanthropy
•Fellow African Business school (FABS)
•Fellow Federal Polytechnic Idah
•Fellow Federal Polytechnic Bauchi,
•Grand Fellow Obafemi Awolowo Order of Free Education (OAU) Ile-Ife
•Founder, Rochas Professionals and Allied Group
•Founder/President Rochas Foundation Inc., and Rochas Foundation Colleges
•Chairman Rochas Group of companies
•Born in Ogboko Ideato south local government area of Imo state on the 22nd of September 1962 at exactly 12.00 pm to late Chief and Mrs. Nicholas Okorocha of blessed memory.
•He grew up in Barkin Ladi Plateau state where his parent lived.
•He had his primary education at St. Joseph Primary School, Barkin Ladi, Jos from 1970 to 1976
•Proceeded to JULADACO High School, Jos from 1976 – 1981 where he obtained his West African Examination Council certificate (WAEC)
•He holds a Diploma in public Administration from the University of Jos.
•He holds a Diploma in Law, security and conflict management from the University of Jos
•He holds an advanced Diploma in public administration from the University of Jos
•Holder of a Postgraduate Diploma in Management from the Benue state University
•Holder of a Degree in Law (LLB) from the University of Jos
•Holder of a Masters degree in Law (LLM) from the University of Jos
Ladies and Gentlemen:

He left teaching and school management to set up the Rochas Group of Companies in 1987. In the management of his business, he brought to bear the same sense of discipline, commitment and faith in God. Today, the Rochas Group is a blue conglomerate with interests spanning the areas of real estate, construction, commerce, Hospitality, pharmaceuticals, finance, aviation and banking.

As a politician, this great friend of the poor made his debut in politics when he contested and won election as a member of the National constitutional conference in 1994. As one of the youngest members of the Conference, representing Ideato North / South Federal Constituency, his vibrancy and brilliant contributions to the making of the Nigerian Constitution remains a source of inspiration to his generation and all Nigerian youth.

This became another platform for the pursuit of his well-known campaign for peace, unity, justice and equity. Today, his imprimatur remains significant in the formulation of the policy of the Federal Character in Nigeria.

The first anchor of his sojourn in partisan politics was the then United Nigeria Congress Party of which he was a founding member and principal financier. But that dispensation was short-lived and when the ban on politics was lifted to usher in the 3rd Republic, he teamed up with other distinguished Nigerians to found what is today Africa’s biggest political party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

A bridge between the old and young generation, he became the National Chairman of Youth Mobilization of the PDP. And his outstanding performance in that capacity, contributed immensely to the spread and strength of the PDP, as it is known today.

In the build up to the 4th Republic, He contested election as Governor of Imo state in 1999, the victory still remains a mirage to all Imo sons and daughters. He later yielded to the strident national call to run for the Presidency of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, which he did on the platform of the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP). His entrance brought an uncommon vibrancy and organizational efficiency that revived the hitherto comatose ANPP from a weak opposition to a strong and viable contender for political leadership of the country.

He ran a presidential campaign that has been locally and internationally acclaimed as unique, innovative and edifying both in form and substance. The issues and grassroots oriented nature of his campaign brought presidential campaigns back to the table of national discourse. The colors that attended his nation-wide campaign tours brought back to Nigerians beautiful memories of the days of great politicians like Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe, Chief Obafemi Awolowo and Dr. K. O. Mbadiwe.

As a philanthropist
Due to his humble beginnings and his Christian faith, he is unconditionally committed to alleviating the plight of the less privileged in society as a basis for economic emancipation and social justice. In fulfillment of this, he established the Rochas Foundation devoted to catering for the needs of the disabled, the poor and less privileged in society. Till today, the Rochas Foundation provides materials, educational and medical sponsorship for the less privileged.

An ardent believer in the ability of man to determine his destiny, Rochas Okorocha believes that with hard work, faith in God, honesty and objective planning, all good things are possible and his life has been a fitting testimony to this belief. As he often says and I quote; “I see injustice and I ask why not justice; I see poverty and I ask why not affluence; I see the less privileged and I say why not Rochas Foundation; I see indigent children unable to acquire education and I say why not Rochas Foundation Colleges”. In pursuit of this vision, he established the Rochas Foundation Colleges, a comprehensive free secondary educational institution that offers free tuition, boarding, feeding, transportation and Medicare to over 3000 Nigerian children of the less privileged.

A devout and fervent Christian, he is happily married with six children 3 boys and 3 girls outside his many adopted children. A man who believes that no matter the height, he has attained in life, his greatest joy is in identifying with his family, his roots, the poor and the less privileged in our society. A man reserved by God for the right moment to lead his people to the Promise Land.

•A former School Teacher
•A captain of industry and distinguished entrepreneur
•A political strategist and mass mobilizer
•An epitome and an apostle of Peace
•The benefactor of the less privileged, and incomparable philanthropist
•President / CEO

•Rochas Group of Companies
•Lamonde Nigeria Limited
•Etha Ventures Limited
•Ambjek Air Services Limited
•Vaccine World Limited
•The Founder/President, Rochas Foundation
•Founder Rochas Foundation College Owerri
•Founder Rochas Foundation College Ogboko
•Founder Rochas Foundation College Kano
•Founder Rochas Foundation College Jos
•Founder Rochas Foundation College Ibadan
•Former Member, National Constitutional Conference

OMORODUN OF YORUBALAND
OKALA OF ECHIE
TALBAN GWAGWALADA
DAN JEKAN SOKOTO and
OWELLE NDI IGBO

http://rochasokorocha.org/?page_id=4

All these don't make one a good governor. mind you
Re: Who Really Is Rochas? by Ngwakwe: 7:08pm On May 04, 2011
@ T Collins
What make one a good governor is been a former 419er and having permanent eye disfiguration to show for it as a consequences of fraud

May God have mercy on you as am ashamed of you for not been satisfied with those stated qualities of Rochas*
Re: Who Really Is Rochas? by Odunnu: 7:33pm On May 04, 2011
Bunch of time wasters!
Re: Who Really Is Rochas? by gernded(m): 7:45pm On May 04, 2011
My fellow Nigeria's i would like you people to understand one thing.

All the Nigeria Politicians have there name in one or two bad things this is ranging from stolen government money,defrauding people,killing and causing problems, But what we have to ask our self is have they repented before contesting for political office and how have there wealth affect the public and how humane are they?do they still go back to there old ways??

Poster you talked about Rochas Wife Please is there anything in our constitution that established the office of the wife of the governor? We dont need his wife we need Rochas, after 4 years base on his performance he will contest and win Nigeria president.
Re: Who Really Is Rochas? by obailala(m): 10:07pm On May 04, 2011
Imo indigens don't care what the qualifications of Rochas are.

Imo people never knew the qualifications of Ikedi Ohakim when he was IMPOSED as Governor. Infact, over 80% of Imo indigenes heard the name "Ohakim" for the first time only when it was announced by IWU as the name of the governor elect under the most fraudulent circumstances ever recorded in Nigerian history. This was the genesis of the hatred.

Ngige became governor of Anambra under similar circumstances and as a wise man, he knew he had to convert the hate people had for him to love. He melted the hating hearts of Anambrarians in less than 2 yrs of good governance and is still reaping the rewards of his wisdom till date.

Ohakim wasn't as smart as Ngige hence instead of buying the sympathy of Imo people, he further aggravated their hate for him with his daily actions and inactions. 

Imo people would rather have a non-Imo indigene as governor than to have ohakim retain the office. He had 4 yrs to woo the people but he failed. The greatest risk is not taking the risk at all and embacing the statusquo. Imo people don't care what the credentials of Rochas are. They just want a new governor and a new governor they would get.

(1) (Reply)

Lord Lugard Thought On Nigeria In 1926 - At Times I Wonder If He Was Right / Why Was Ekwueme Sent To Prison While The President Was On House Arrest. / West Is More Religion Tolerant Than The East!......why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.