Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,998 members, 7,970,030 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 07:09 PM

Big Question Of The Day - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Big Question Of The Day (658 Views)

Big Question For APC Ahead Of Presidential Primary. / The Big Question? / The Big Question - Where Is The Nigerian President?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Big Question Of The Day by UYEMDO35(m): 10:56pm On Jun 13, 2021
Big question of the day

How can localism and decentralization be used to address the challenges in Nigeria local government......
Where are the political guru in d house..... Come and show yourself.
Re: Big Question Of The Day by SLAP44: 10:59pm On Jun 13, 2021
UYEMDO35:
Big question of the day

How can localism and decentralization be used to address the challenges in Nigeria local government......

The local government is a useless appendage of the all powerful Federal government who swallow all the resources by diverting money for development into fighting one vendetta or another.
Re: Big Question Of The Day by fidel2(m): 11:00pm On Jun 13, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Big Question Of The Day by budaatum: 11:23pm On Jun 13, 2021
SLAP44:

The local government is a useless appendage of the all powerful Federal government who swallow all the resources by diverting money for development into fighting one vendetta or another.

The local goverment is an appendage of governance that we the local people have neglected and abandoned to look up to the Federal Goverment. And instead of fighting for local government democracy that is within our reach, many are content to have it stolen from us while we are too busy looking up to the very very far away Federal Government!

Its like people calling up to the heaven for manna while refusing to see what they can do with their own hands! We reap our just rewards!

Re: Big Question Of The Day by ThEGodFaThEr103(m): 11:43pm On Jun 13, 2021
If anything, local government in Nigeria did not enjoy independent status and power decentralisation as expected in a federal system. For this reasons, translating the theories to practice in the Nigerian local government had almost become a mirage; promoting democracy and effectively delivering local public services had, as well, not been realistic.

Likes? we don't post for likes sir.

we only make our post and move on.

But quote and mentions may help tho,

That helps the Ministry...BIGTIME 

BTW,

we no be bro o,

we are simply we!
Cc:

Re: Big Question Of The Day by SLAP44: 12:13am On Jun 14, 2021
budaatum:

The local goverment is an appendage of governance that we the local people have neglected and abandoned to look up to the Federal Goverment. And instead of fighting for local government democracy that is within our reach, many are content to have it stolen from us while we are too busy looking up to the very very far away Federal Government!

Its like people calling up to the heaven for manna while refusing to see what they can do with their own hands! We reap our just rewards!

Doesn't the local government control.rhe army who come to help herdsmen flog baales and traditional rulers who refused their lands to be grazed? Answer the question.
Re: Big Question Of The Day by budaatum: 12:19am On Jun 14, 2021
SLAP44:

Doesn't the local government control.rhe army who come to help herdsmen flog baales and traditional rulers who refused their lands to be grazed? Answer the question.

I don't understand your question. Clean it up a bit and I promise I'll try.
Re: Big Question Of The Day by SLAP44: 12:25am On Jun 14, 2021
budaatum:

I don't understand your question. Clean it up a bit and I promise I'll try.

You were sounding like the local government could do anything on their own.

My question there is rhetorical, and is meant to show you how useless the local government is in Nigeria own federalism where the power of security control lies in the FG while the states and LG bear the brunt.
Re: Big Question Of The Day by budaatum: 12:39am On Jun 14, 2021
SLAP44:

You were sounding like the local government could do anything on their own.

My question there is rhetorical, and is meant to show you how useless the local government is in Nigeria own federalism where the power of security control lies in the FG while the states and LG bear the brunt.
So what exactly is your "rhetorical question"?

Is my point not that the local goverment is useless because local people ignore it? Or do you expect local government to function without your local input?
Re: Big Question Of The Day by IJOBA11: 12:44am On Jun 14, 2021
UYEMDO35:
Big question of the day

IS THAT YOUR EXAM QUESTION
Re: Big Question Of The Day by SLAP44: 12:45am On Jun 14, 2021
budaatum:

So what exactly is your "rhetorical question"?

Is my point not that the local goverment is useless because local people ignore it? Or do you expect local government to function without your local input?

You are putting it wrongly.

The local government is useless not because the locals ignored it but because the federal hijacked all its powers over security of lives and property. What is the use of trusting an unworkable system?
Re: Big Question Of The Day by UYEMDO35(m): 12:54am On Jun 14, 2021
IJOBA11:
IS THAT YOUR EXAM QUESTION
It might likely comes out in our exam, It is an Assignment
Re: Big Question Of The Day by budaatum: 1:01am On Jun 14, 2021
SLAP44:

You are putting it wrongly.

The local government is useless not because the locals ignored it but because the federal hijacked all its powers over security of lives and property. What is the use of trusting an unworkable system?
The Federal Goverment that can not hijack a state government is hijacking a local government that is beneath the state government?

Please where is your state? I ask because I have to admit that perhaps things are very different in your own state so much that Federal Government has hijacked your local government!

As for your question, "What is the use of trusting an unworkable system", I would ask if you know you are talking about a system that is very local to you, as in, the one you are personally and directly and locally responsible for, but which you are claiming is "useless not because the locals ignored it but because the federal hijacked all its powers".

Do let me know if the state in this thread is your own state and I might understand.
Re: Big Question Of The Day by SLAP44: 8:12am On Jun 14, 2021
budaatum:

The Federal Goverment that can not hijack a state government is hijacking a local government that is beneath the state government?

Please where is your state? I ask because I have to admit that perhaps things are very different in your own state so much that Federal Government has hijacked your local government!

As for your question, "What is the use of trusting an unworkable system", I would ask if you know you are talking about a system that is very local to you, as in, the one you are personally and directly and locally responsible for, but which you are claiming is "useless not because the locals ignored it but because the federal hijacked all its powers".

Do let me know if the state in this thread is your own state and I might understand.

What I suspected, is that you will run round the whole points and refuse to tackle my points, and it's happening now.

What has what I am saying got to do with my state or local government if you're not trying to derail.
Re: Big Question Of The Day by budaatum: 10:31am On Jun 14, 2021
You point is pointless, Slap, and I've pointed that fact out to you and you very well know it which is why you are now up in a strop!

Local government is yourself, or rather, ourselves, and if local government is useless it us who is actually useless and we should consider becoming useful because our usefulness in local government is a usefulness to our local selves!

(1) (Reply)

A Common Enemy / What The Buhari-led Administration Should Know About The Rearrest Of Mazi Nnamdi / Sunday Igboho’s Lawyer Demands N500m Damages, Apology From DSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.