Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,665 members, 7,885,739 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 02:30 PM

An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife (88335 Views)

MKO Abiola’s Wife, Zainab Slams Lawsuit On IGP, Demands ₦‎100 Billion / Abdullahi Salame Shoots Dead An Armed Robber Who Attacked His House (Photos) / Zainab Duke Abiola Calls Jonathan’s Book ‘Monumental Manipulation Of Facts’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by ariesbull: 3:55am On Jun 15, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:

Ladoja is a 1st Class Engineer and already a Senator then too. The only outsider in terms of the character of SW Governor is Mr Peter Ayo Fayose. Most SW state governors are First Class materials with strong academic background. Even Asiwaju Tinubu is a 1st Class too.visit www.freestuffsng.com for latest freestuffs in Nigeria.

You could have just checked his profile

Early life of Rashid Ladoja.

Ladoja was born on 25 September 1944 in Gambari village near Ibadan. He attended Ibadan Boys High School (1958–1963) and Olivet Baptist High School (1964–1965). He studied at the University of Liège, Belgium (1966–1972) where he earned a degree in Chemical Engineering. He obtained a job with Total Nigeria, an oil company, where he worked for 13 years in various positions before entering private business in 1985. His business interests include Shipping, Manufacturing, Banking, Agriculture and Transportation.[1] He was elected to the Senate of Nigeria in 1993 during the short-lived Nigerian Third Republic, he was a member of the United Nigeria Congress Party (UNCP) during the Abacha Political Transition.

Yoruba man ...and bragging first class material yet the level of backwardness , poverty ,Brien zinc and ritual is high In SW
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by ariesbull: 3:57am On Jun 15, 2021
hedonido:

When some of you unfortunate elements repeat this baseless and unverified "treasurer of Mobil Nigeria" rubbish, I feel like slapping sense into you. Is Mobil a thrift society or does Mobil look like your village town union? Treasurer as per who or what?
lol

They are clowns
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by ariesbull: 3:58am On Jun 15, 2021
adebwalex:

grin grin So na fayose resemble ex Robber If he mention senator you for pick Dino....
Dino isn't Yoruba.
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Ugandatales: 4:01am On Jun 15, 2021
seunmsg:

Before becoming a senator in 1992, Tinubu was the Treasurer of Mobil Nigeria. He joined Mobil while in the USA before he was transferred to Mobil Nigeria.

If the story is actually true and I’m to make a guess, Fayose will be the number one on my list. He was based in Ibadan around that time doing so many shady businesses. Others I can think of are Rauf and Gbenga Daniel.

Wow! So Tinubu worked for Mobil earlier on. Why are some people always saying he was a drug trafficker.
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by dederocs(m): 4:20am On Jun 15, 2021
Vagabond in power.
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by seunmsg(m): 4:21am On Jun 15, 2021
MajorOvakporaye:

CHAI!!! See finishing for Seunmsg!!! cheesy shocked

Tinubu worked in Mobil oil till he left the company to contest for senate. It is not in doubt so there is no point responding to the ignorant comments you guys are making. If making a senseless and ignorant comment amounts to finishing in your mind... well, whatever makes you happy!

5 Likes

Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Gr8Nez(m): 4:25am On Jun 15, 2021
hedonido:

When some of you unfortunate elements repeat this baseless and unverified "treasurer of Mobil Nigeria" rubbish, I feel like slapping sense into you. Is Mobil a thrift society or does Mobil look like your village town union? Treasurer as per who or what?
this one off me ��� maybe them dey mistake am with osusu cooperative
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Kewtt: 4:32am On Jun 15, 2021
supereagle:

Fayose has been a good Christian. I suspect Ogbemi Rafiu Aregbesola.
You got jokes.... good Christian lol
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Vaughanlanrewaj: 4:35am On Jun 15, 2021
ariesbull:
Yoruba man ...and bragging first class material yet the level of backwardness , poverty ,Brien zinc and ritual is high In SW
Good morning sir. See, there's nothing wrong giving people their due credit especially when you can relate to the amount of personal sacrifice they and their families made to get them to become 1st Class. I don't think government will be the one building roofs for private houses but if you mean quality of living can still be better in the SW, you' re absolutely right that there's still room for more growth and development in the SW. It's appreciated . We will keep supporting our leaders to improve their service delivery while praying they succeed phenomenally. May God bless Nigeria.
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Kewtt: 4:35am On Jun 15, 2021
seunmsg:

Before becoming a senator in 1992, Tinubu was the Treasurer of Mobil Nigeria. He joined Mobil while in the USA before he was transferred to Mobil Nigeria.

If the story is actually true and I’m to make a guess, Fayose will be the number one on my list. He was based in Ibadan around that time doing so many shady businesses. Others I can think of are Rauf and Gbenga Daniel.
Well your list is on point. But what was Mobil doing with a treasurer?
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Kewtt: 4:36am On Jun 15, 2021
ariesbull:
Dino isn't Yoruba.
Dino is full blooded Yoruba. Of the okun stock in kogi
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by moodyguy: 4:38am On Jun 15, 2021
Asgard73:
Tinubu..

Ladoja

Akala

Aregbe...

Pick from the above...

Since Na Yoruba state
na Aregbe Rascal
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Olatomiwami(m): 4:43am On Jun 15, 2021
hedonido:

Hatred has be clouded your sense of reasoning, does Mobil look like 2 by 2 shop u can't verify lies from the organization? U better don't commit suicide over Tinubu.
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by seunmsg(m): 4:45am On Jun 15, 2021
Kewtt:

You guys understanding of a “Treasurer” is limited to someone keeping money on behalf of a club or society. Banks and big oil companies all have treasury department that handles lots of issues relating to money management. Different organizations have different nomenclatures they attach to roles. It is not a big deal.

Instead of those disputing my claim to come up with counter evidence that Tinubu was not working for Mobil as at that time, they are busy chasing shadows over job role.

5 Likes

Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Xpol: 4:49am On Jun 15, 2021
seborrhic:

Rubbish story.
How did she recognize the robbers they encountered on the road the first time as the now governors and house member?
Or where they repeatedly robbing Abiola?
Also if she is so sure of her facts and the story why is she not mentioning the names of the people herself?
she said they did come to their house whenever they needed money ( after the robbery event)
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by teepain: 4:50am On Jun 15, 2021
Kewtt:

A treasurer is a valid top management position in Exxon Mobil. Quite a number of past treasurers became Vice President of the International Oil Company (IOC).

Check out Exxon Mobil's website and you would clearly see the career track.

2 Likes

Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Kewtt: 4:50am On Jun 15, 2021
seunmsg:

You guys understanding of a “Treasurer” is limited to someone keeping money on behalf of a club or society. Banks and big oil companies all have treasury department that handles lots of issues relating to money management. Different organizations have different nomenclatures they attach to roles. It is not a big deal.

Instead of those disputing my claim to come up with counter evidence that Tinubu was not working for Mobil as at that time, they are busy chasing shadows over job role.

I don't disbelieve you. Just needed the clarification
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by seunmsg(m): 4:57am On Jun 15, 2021
Ugandatales:

Wow! So Tinubu worked for Mobile earlier on. Why are some people always saying he was a drug trafficker.

Not just Mobil o. He worked for the American companies Arthur Andersen, Deloitte, Haskins, & Sells, and GTE Services Corporation before joining Mobil oil as an Auditor. He was transferred to Mobil’s Nigeria office in the 80’s as head of internal audit and later became the treasurer of the company.

I still remember very well that Mobil oil organized a reception for him in 1999 when he was elected governor. Why people are trying to dispute an information that has been in public domain for years is just plain silliness.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by kcowen(m): 5:00am On Jun 15, 2021
Apart from the facts that most of our law makers, Governors and president are armed robbers. The moral of the story is everybody deserved a second chance,most of your so called pastor are past robbers and ritualist,some are even occultic
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by HRMK: 5:01am On Jun 15, 2021
I WILL ONLY BLV YOU WHEN THEIR NAMES ARE REVEALED!WE WANT TO KNOW THE GOVERNOR AND THE TWO HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES MEMBERS PLS!!
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Fcwilly: 5:03am On Jun 15, 2021
I know them, and I will mention their names,
Let me drink water, please wait
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by seunmsg(m): 5:11am On Jun 15, 2021
hedonido:

Eeyah, why not go get yourself properly educated before posting rubbish on Nairaland. I didn’t pay so much attention to your ignorant comment because I taught most people would know better. So you actually think Treasurer only exist in thrift societies and village unions? Are you that uninformed?

Oluwafemi Ogunbi is currently the Treasurer of Mobil Nigeria unlimited. You can go to the company and chase him away since you think a treasurer should exist only in your village Union.

https://corporate.exxonmobil.com/-/media/global/files/locations/nigeria-operations/quarterly-news-reports/em-news-edition-2-2016.pdf

4 Likes

Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Lazenby007(m): 5:12am On Jun 15, 2021
nairavsdollars:
Tinubu was already wealthy before becoming governor
Can a poor man become governor?
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by HRMK: 5:14am On Jun 15, 2021
Ugandatales:

Wow! So Tinubu worked for Mobile earlier on. Why are some people always saying he was a drug trafficker.
they are jealous!tinubu was already a dollar millionaire before joining politics!he got his money from employment!NOT DRUGS OR ANY SHADY BUSINESS!!

2 Likes

Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Olatomiwami(m): 5:15am On Jun 15, 2021
ariesbull:
why do Yoruba states produce touts as leaders....

Now the widow has said it all ..they became governor in SW states and reps member

Their main man was a druggie
Now this one shouting oduduwa up and down was involved into cross boarder smuggling and whatever

It looks as if crime pays in SW land

Eleribu, u must play your tribal madness on faceless forum, can u tell me the work of ur lord and saviour NK before becoming Biafra's agitator?
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by huntax(m): 5:16am On Jun 15, 2021
Asgard73:
Tinubu..

Ladoja

Akala

Aregbe...

Pick from the above...

Since Na Yoruba state

And they were most likely from Oyo/Osun
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by IPOBrep: 5:24am On Jun 15, 2021
Bagehot:

A Treasurer is someone responsible for over-seeing the corporate funding needs of an organization, cash-flow management, and making sure unutilized funds are properly invested in various investment instruments. Not all companies necessarily have it as a stand-alone role, as the CFO in most cases also assumes the responsibility of the Treasurer.

Hope this helps?

Uncle a CFO is not a treasurer
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by seunmsg(m): 5:28am On Jun 15, 2021
IPOBrep:

Limited liability companies don't have treasurers. Not to talk of an unlimited liability company. Get the point

Mr Ipob, go and tell Mobil unlimited to sack Oluwafemi Ogunbi because you think an unlimited company should not have a treasurer.
https://corporate.exxonmobil.com/-/media/global/files/locations/nigeria-operations/quarterly-news-reports/em-news-edition-2-2016.pdf

3 Likes

Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Vaiki(m): 5:28am On Jun 15, 2021
FarahAideed:
Who could the robber that became governor be?
Alao Akala should be the governor.
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by fortune1968: 5:33am On Jun 15, 2021
AishaYesufu:
I smell lies
Your nose is too big .
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by iampeterben(m): 5:38am On Jun 15, 2021
Who would this person be? Later they will eulogise him to be a saint. Not knowing he is an armed robber.
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by livinbygrace: 5:40am On Jun 15, 2021
Eriokanmi:
No. Fayose was already wealthy before becoming governor. Have you heard of stainless autos in challenge ibadan back in the days? His dad is still alive. He's a retired Christ Apostolic Church Pastor. While his wife, the daughter of former assistant General superintendent of same church worldwide. His wife's dad's name was Makinde from Erio Ekiti...now late. Think again. Let me burst your bubble. That man is now one of the ministers in Buhari's cabinet. He was a generator repairer before that time. MKO later linked him to Tinubu. He was voted house if reps twice before becoming governor . He truly went back to school, before becoming governor. Hope you could guess right now

In as much I do not want to contribute into this,but your false information won’t allow my mind to be at rest.Fayose was a known Thug in Ibadan those days before he moved to Uk.How he made his money is a tale for another day.If you don’t know ,he is one The few that stated CC runs those days.
He is an OND holder from Ibadan Poly,So you coming here telling us how saint he was or how he got married to the daughter of a pastor really makes no sense.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

"When APC Sees Atiku In America" - Nigerians React As Atiku Storms US / Kano Governorship Election: Full Results As Released By INEC (2019) / Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.