Stats: 3,183,367 members, 7,920,409 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 06:31 AM

Female Lawyer Unleashes Thugs On Tenants, Landlord Cries Out - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Female Lawyer Unleashes Thugs On Tenants, Landlord Cries Out (1229 Views)

NDLEA arrests Female Lawyer, Intercepts Loud Concealed In Loudspeakers / Thugs On Rampage In Lagos Island Over Declaration Of Labour Party As Winner / Bolanle Raheem: Policeman Arrested For Shooting Female Lawyer Dead In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

Female Lawyer Unleashes Thugs On Tenants, Landlord Cries Out by prof2007: 4:29pm On Jun 15, 2021
A landlord, Francis Obiakor, has cried out after armed thugs stormed his residence at 12 Ekwueme Str, Uwani, Enugu South LGA of Enugu State at midnight amid heavy downpour and threw away his belongings. The thugs were alleged to have been sent by a former lawyer, Ogochukwu Victor-Okoye, engaged by the landlord of the house, Mr. Francis Obiakor.

Bewildered, Obiakor told journalists he was shocked when his tenants called him on phone and reported that armed thugs sent by the lawyer ejected them from the apartment. The landlord said he had filed a petition to the Nigerian Bar Association, NBA, asking it to investigate and sanction the lawyer for what he called unlawful conduct. He said it was shocking a lawyer could behave in such a barbaric manner.

While throwing more light on the incident, he said it all began when he disengaged the lawyer and gave another counsel power of attorney over the property. He said the female lawyer did not initially hold a grudge, as she handed over the property’s file to him, adding that 2 weeks after, she wrote a letter vowing not to give away the possession.

Obiakor said, “This house is my house, it was bought by my wife, though she is late now. We have a son who is a minor; I’m supposed to manage the property. I gave her a letter that I don’t want her again as attorney, she said ‘Ok’; she accepted the letter, she even said I should not have written to her, that I should have told her orally; she agreed.

“But after about 3 weeks, she changed her mind again and wrote me a letter and wrote my new lawyer. Before then, I asked everybody to pay through my new lawyer, because their rent is due this May. The former lawyer now came back, though she is no longer my lawyer, claiming she must manage the property, that my wife told her she should manage it forever.

“I am alive, my son is alive, my wife has relatives who can testify she never made such a dying declaration as was claimed by the lawyer.”

When asked how the tenants have been making payments, the landlord said: “they have been paying through me, even last year. They pay directly to my account. And I am not owing the lawyer; she is indeed the one owing me because last December she brought in a tenant, collected money and till date, she has refused to remit the money to me.

“What happened here is unprecedented and very barbaric. How can a lawyer send armed thugs at dead of night to eject tenants from my house merely because she was disengaged? She claimed my wife made a dying declaration on her sick bed and gave her a forever power of attorney. Isn’t that curious? Her plan is to tactically take over our property but that will not happen.

“If she is not happy that I disengaged her, the proper thing to do is for her to go to court and not to take laws into her hands." Obiakor called on the Nigeria Bar Association, NBA, to sanction the lawyer “for bringing the image of the profession to disrepute.”

Also speaking, the two tenants ejected from the apartment, Pastor Joshua Chigbo and Ifeanyichukwu said it was a horrible experience. “Yesterday night, 3 men came around 11 pm and knocked violently on my door. When I opened it, they said I should pick the last thing in the room and vacate, else they will remove everything. I asked them why? They said the lawyer said I am no longer a tenant here, that I should leave that night.

“Before I knew what was happening they jumped into the house, threw everything outside, I could not do anything because they were armed, though they are not policemen. They eventually padlocked our apartment. They held everyone at ransom till morning when they left, but I slept outside, just like my neighbour who also had his properties thrown out.

I wanted to make calls, they seized my phone. Before they left in the morning, they collected EEDC cards for every apartment here, they went away with them. It is so shocking because we have done nothing to deserve this, without a court order, at the dead of the night.”

When contacted, the female lawyer, Victor-Okoli said the landlord’s late wife, Mrs Elizabeth Obiakor empowered her to manage the property and that to the best of her knowledge she hasn’t been disengaged. Mrs Elizabeth in her death declaration, said I should manage the property for her only son. So, if her husband wants to disengage our service, he should come to a round table with us and we will tell him what to pay us as outstanding debt,” she stated.

On why she sent armed men to eject the tenants in the night, she said “I didn’t send any armed men, to eject the two tenants. Those men were people the landlord had used to eject five tenants before in the property.

“Meanwhile, why did he ask the tenants to break the padlocks? If he felt that what the security men did was wrong, he should have gone to court.”

SOURCE: https://www.tori.ng/news/172368/landlord-cries-out-as-female-lawyer-unleashes-thug.html

Re: Female Lawyer Unleashes Thugs On Tenants, Landlord Cries Out by Simplyleo: 4:33pm On Jun 15, 2021
The landlord ~ igbo
The tenant ~ igbo

I'm not igbo.

Therefore, I'm out. cheesy

Re: Female Lawyer Unleashes Thugs On Tenants, Landlord Cries Out by Dissap: 4:33pm On Jun 15, 2021
Yo Hommies, you know that gender that I was talking about, they are dumb ass bitches...
Fucking irritating creatures with no sense at all!
Either stay out of their way or you fùck em real hard like a Cholo!
This is what the white guys are doing to them, because they know that they ain't worth the effort!
Damn it!

Re: Female Lawyer Unleashes Thugs On Tenants, Landlord Cries Out by Nukilia: 4:36pm On Jun 15, 2021
Curing craze with craze undecided
Re: Female Lawyer Unleashes Thugs On Tenants, Landlord Cries Out by Goke7: 4:37pm On Jun 15, 2021
Simplyleo:
The landlord ~ igbo
The tenant ~ igbo

I'm not igbo.

Therefore, I'm out. cheesy

Re: Female Lawyer Unleashes Thugs On Tenants, Landlord Cries Out by Emmypure: 4:37pm On Jun 15, 2021
Make I book space
Re: Female Lawyer Unleashes Thugs On Tenants, Landlord Cries Out by Obidon1(m): 4:37pm On Jun 15, 2021
Wahala everywhere
Re: Female Lawyer Unleashes Thugs On Tenants, Landlord Cries Out by Shellsploit: 4:39pm On Jun 15, 2021
Nonsense
Re: Female Lawyer Unleashes Thugs On Tenants, Landlord Cries Out by ivolt: 4:49pm On Jun 15, 2021
Landlord crying out over his property?
He better tell us the shady deal between him and the "lawyer".
Re: Female Lawyer Unleashes Thugs On Tenants, Landlord Cries Out by SadiqBabaSani: 5:27pm On Jun 15, 2021
Dog eat Dog world
Re: Female Lawyer Unleashes Thugs On Tenants, Landlord Cries Out by tunjiajayi: 5:34pm On Jun 15, 2021
Biafran legal system and services for you grin
Re: Female Lawyer Unleashes Thugs On Tenants, Landlord Cries Out by moriss33(m): 9:30pm On Jun 15, 2021
Another tribal bigot disgracing himself
tunjiajayi:
Biafran legal system and services for you grin
Re: Female Lawyer Unleashes Thugs On Tenants, Landlord Cries Out by tunjiajayi: 10:53pm On Jun 15, 2021
moriss33:
Another tribal bigot disgracing himself

Only in Biafra would that sort of crap happen.
Yamree face your country
Re: Female Lawyer Unleashes Thugs On Tenants, Landlord Cries Out by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jun 15, 2021
Nawa o the Man sef is profiting off his late wife's house not even his...

I think the lawyer has a point tho, there's no good reason why the Man should manage the land inheritance doesn't work that way.
Re: Female Lawyer Unleashes Thugs On Tenants, Landlord Cries Out by ebuka440: 4:53am On Jun 16, 2021
Oga landlord, have you been dating the female thug and send lawyer before? Only when you can respond to this, will you get a solution to your problems

This lawyer went too far shaa
Re: Female Lawyer Unleashes Thugs On Tenants, Landlord Cries Out by moriss33(m): 6:23am On Jun 16, 2021
Like I said....another tribal bigot disgracing himself.
Grow up kiddo
tunjiajayi:

Only in Biafra would that sort of crap happen.
Yamree face your country

We Are Biafra Motherland Warrior Says Unknown Gunmen / Reasons Why Deborah Was Burnt Till Death (full Video) / Could This Be Why Boko Haram Wants To Kill Us All ??