Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Religion And Economy - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion And Economy (249 Views)

The U.N And Pope Francis' Push For A One World Government, Religion And Economy / "Religion And Poverty Are Dating" - Daddy Freeze Reacts To This Tweet / 666: The Weapon Of Worship, Government And Economy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religion And Economy by Sniper4real(m): 10:40am On Jun 16, 2021
Morning my people.

Religion and economy works hand in hand.
Max Weber said any carrier you find yourself in is God's calling. So do it genuinely.

We know most of this churches with their busy church activities or everyday programs had affected its members economy when the church expects its members to attend all the church programs and neglect his/her business.

That's Endangering its members on one part

And on the other hand, churches are playing positive impact on the members economy maybe by providing jobs for its members or opening business centers.

That's Engendering its members on another parts

So guys, how has your church or religion centers endanger and engender it's members economy.
Re: Religion And Economy by LordReed(m): 12:29pm On Jun 16, 2021
Sniper4real:
Morning my people.

Max Weber said any carrier you find yourself in is God's calling. So do it genuinely.

We know most of this churches with their busy church activities or everyday programs had affected its members economy when the church expects its members to attend all the church programs and neglect his/her business.

And on the other hand, churches are playing positive impact on the members economy maybe by providing jobs for its members or opening business centers.

So guys, how has your church or religion centers endanger and engender it's members economy.

Indeed. From the way the origins of Christianity and Islam are described, they should have had the effect of increasing supply and reducing demand amongst its adherents, instead the opposite is happening.
Re: Religion And Economy by Kobojunkie: 12:54pm On Jun 16, 2021
Sniper4real:
Morning my people.

But your Max Weber is wrong! Jesus Christ said, to His followers, "....and I will make you fishers of men", so how can any career be considered God's calling when God called men away from their worldly entanglements to do only that which He has for them to do? undecided

As for churches endangering of engendering economic development of their members, I think you fail to see them for what they really are. Churches are business entities designed to generate revenue in and for the pocket of those who run them, on the most part so it is up to individuals to decide for self whether to be used by these entities or use them for personal gain. undecided
Re: Religion And Economy by Dtruthspeaker: 1:18pm On Jun 16, 2021
LordReed:

Indeed. From the way the origins of Christianity and Islam are described, they should have had the effect of increasing supply and reducing demand amongst its adherents, instead the opposite is happening.

True! But the churches have been changed from what they originally were, (places of refuge of the poor and helpless) excluding Satan's own version of churches and all of them now have fallen into mergers and acquisitions by satan, so they are now Satan's Circuses.
Re: Religion And Economy by Dtruthspeaker: 1:25pm On Jun 16, 2021
Sniper4real:
Morning my people.

We do not care what Max Anyone said but God was very Specific in Saying "All Labour is good"

Slothfulness (Laziness) casteth into a deep sleep; and an idle soul shall suffer hunger.
Re: Religion And Economy by Sniper4real(m): 4:13pm On Jun 16, 2021
More comments please
Re: Religion And Economy by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:16pm On Jun 16, 2021
Jesus only taught his followers to manage this system of things the best way they possibly can, as for the economy of this world it's in the hands of an evil genius that no man can win.
That's why Jesus began looking for ways not to touched money after his baptism! smiley
Re: Religion And Economy by Ihedinobi3: 6:16pm On Jun 16, 2021
Sniper4real:
Morning my people.

Hi there.

You may be right. In fact, we know that religion is really a ruse for power over people. Religion plays on people's natural fears and lusts. So, of course, it could form an alliance with economics for its own ends.

Christianity, however, isn't religion. It does not form alliances with anything in this world. It may accommodate or use them, but it is not allied with them.

What I mean is this: Life in this world is life in this world--it is not Christianity. Everyone has to work for a living whether they are Christians or not. Being a Christian neither excuses a person from this reality nor makes it his or her unique experience. When any church that claims to be Christian interferes with this natural part of human life, they cause serious disruptions in the lives of those who participate in them.

On the other hand, a Christian church is not a business place.

12 Jesus entered the temple courts and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves. 13 “It is written,” he said to them, “‘My house will be called a house of prayer,’ but you are making it ‘a den of robbers.’”
Matthew 21:12-13 (NIV) (cf. Mk 11:15-18; Lk 19:45-47)

A Christian church is the pillar and foundation of God's truth.

15 if I am delayed, you will know how people ought to conduct themselves in God’s household, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth.
1 Timothy 3:15 (NIV)

The church is where those who believe the Gospel come to learn and encourage each other in the truth of the Bible. It is not concerned with making money. Believers certainly ought to make a duty of helping one another in their needs both spiritual and material.

2 Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.
Galatians 6:2 (NIV)

10 Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith.
Galatians 6:10 (NKJV)

As long as we are growing spiritually (see the link), we will also be finding more and more spiritually productive ways to help each other including, but not limited to, starting businesses with each other or employing each other or just giving gifts where those make a meaningful spiritual difference. But this is on an individual basis, not on a corporate basis. When we gather together, it ought to be just to learn Scriptural truth or encourage each other in learning or continuing together.

This is what it means to use this world without making full use of it (1 Corinthians 7:31).

This world lies in the wicked one (1 John 5:19). The economics and politics of this world has nothing to do with Jesus Christ. We who love this Jesus Christ and have chosen to follow Him must therefore be careful to only use these things to the degree that they serve our mission as Christians in this world. We must work for a living so that we will not steal and dishonor the Lord. Likewise, we must obey good laws, pay our taxes, and respect the government, but we are not to get mired in political issues and agitations since they belong to this world and add no value to our spiritual goals in this world.

14 I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.
John 17:14 (NKJV)

Cheers.
Re: Religion And Economy by budaatum: 12:22am On Jun 20, 2021
LordReed:

Special Pleading
Applying standards, principles, and/or rules to other people or circumstances, while making oneself or certain circumstances exempt from the same critical criteria, without providing adequate justification. Special pleading is often a result of strong emotional beliefs that interfere with reason.

Logical Form:
If X then Y, but not when it hurts my position.

Example #1:
Yes, I do think that all drunk drivers should go to prison, but your honor, he is my son! He is a good boy who just made a mistake!

Explanation: The mother in this example has applied the rule that all drunk drivers should go to prison. However, due to her emotional attachment to her son, she is fallaciously reasoning that he should be exempt from this rule, because, “he is a good boy who just made a mistake”, which would hardly be considered adequate justification for exclusion from the rule.

Example #2:
Superstition is a belief or practice resulting from ignorance, fear of the unknown, trust in magic or chance, or a false conception of causation -- unless it is astrology.

Explanation: It has been said that one’s superstition is another’s faith. The standard of superstition has been defined by the person and violated by astrology. However, while the person in the example rejects all other sources of superstition using certain criteria, the superstitious belief of their preference is exempt from these criteria.

Exception: “Adequate justification” is subjective, and can be argued.

Tip: If you are accused of special pleading, take the time to consider honestly if the accusation is warranted. This is a fallacy that is easy to spot when others make it yet difficult to spot when we make it.

https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/logicalfallacies/Special-Pleading

Re: Religion And Economy by budaatum: 12:36am On Jun 20, 2021
A bubble was made. Anyone see a needle?

Bullard, who will be in a voting slot at the FOMC in 2022, told CNBC this morning that the FOMC “has been surprised to the upside over the last six months,” in terms of GDP growth, the labor market, and inflation.

“We were expecting a good year, a good reopening. But this is a bigger year than we were expecting, more inflation than we were expecting, and I think it’s natural that we’ve tilted a little bit more hawkish here to contain inflationary pressures,” he told CNBC.

“The inflationary impulse is more intense than we were expecting,” he said. “The 3% on core PCE inflation, how long has it been since we’ve seen that! There is some upside risk to that, with more reopening to occur in the second half of the year.”

“So I think you could even see some upside risks to the inflation forecast. But that’s OK, we were targeting to get inflation up above target. I think we’re going to achieve that in 2021 and 2022, and we’ll approach 2% inflation from the high side, and I think that will be a good path for the US economy, and that will help cement longer-run inflation expectations at 2%.

“So far so good, but we have to be nimble here, these are big numbers,” he said.

These are truly big numbers. Over the past three months, inflation has surged at the red-hottest pace since the early 1980s.
https://wolfstreet.com/2021/06/18/when-fed-doves-turn-hawkish-it-gets-real-fed-dove-bullard-antsy-about-inflation-pulls-rate-hike-into-2022/
Re: Religion And Economy by tobechi20(m): 1:13am On Jun 20, 2021
Tithing causes information

(1) (Reply)

What Is Written About You / 4 Awesome Reasons To Donate To Charity / Recognize The Inner Witness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.