Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,384 members, 7,940,472 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 06:50 AM

Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors (16476 Views)

Fashola Petitions IGP, DSS, NCC Over Fake News By Jackson Ude / Adams Oshiomole's Suspension Has Been Lifted By APC Excos In Etsako, Edo State / Map Showing States Controlled By PDP & APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors by lexy2014: 9:34am On Jun 17, 2021
dmbb:
Useless PDP were always using twitter to push fake news but they have made their Waterloo

What is d fake news that PDP were using twitter to push?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors by betatalk: 9:35am On Jun 17, 2021
richmond500:
I dont think they are scared of giving up power, they are just scared that the country will become a full Somalia under their reign.

If things are unchecked, we will not have a country after 2023, everyone knows that social media needs to be regulated in Nigeria, but we fail to admit it cos of our hatred for Buhari

Has the ban made the country more safer?
Has it brought down the prices of the ever rising cost of living?
Has the ban improved the economy?
Has the ban brought justice?
Has the ban made Nigeria an investors delight?
Has it increased employment?
There are serious issues going on in the country that should be looked into.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors by Nobody: 9:36am On Jun 17, 2021
richmond500:
social media is one of the reasons why insecurity had increased.
When u drop fake news to get peoples emotions, it could turn bloody.
75% of SA xenophobia pictures were fake but it was enough to make people destroy south African properties in Nigeria
stop trying to be clever by half, you are not talking to one almajiri.

I gave you a link which clearly fingered the president as being complacent in the escalated killings.

If you don't want to talk about that it's ok by me,but spare me and other sane Nigerians of this your incoherent rant.If you are comfortable with transistor radios good for you , but don't drag the entire country down to your level.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors by tosinet(m): 9:37am On Jun 17, 2021
Some common factors with genocidal governments are clampdowns on sources of information claiming they are tackling fake news, another is usage of poverty to bottle the will of the populace so as to push their agenda unchallenged, another is the mindless blockage of sources of income and deprivation of people's livelihood and rights as was done with locking up of palliatives, state sponsored criminality and impunity, forceful clampdowns and sanctions on any dissenting views.

The worst are the blind 'followers' that want to believe that all is well even with clear writing of happenings on the wall. The unfortunate thing is that their eyes will only open when about to be swept away with no way-out.

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors by henrybomb(m): 9:39am On Jun 17, 2021
OnionBandit:
Which is very true..

Thunder fire Jack and all peddlers of fake/Aba made news

Stop being foolish you can’t go far with this nonsense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors by MrUchenna1(m): 9:39am On Jun 17, 2021
CONTRADICTION
Re: Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors by Buktu: 9:42am On Jun 17, 2021
richmond500:
75% of SA xenophobia pictures were fake but it was enough to make people destroy south African properties in Nigeria

So according to your logic, it was social media that increased insecurity during Jonathan term. So APC member like you was peddling lies during that time. Hope you have changed your ways spreading fake news like you did during Jonathan term. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors by peppermint7(m): 9:44am On Jun 17, 2021
richmond500:
Bros no de cap about xenophobia. If you never live for South Africa before.
Just shut up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors by tunary(m): 9:45am On Jun 17, 2021
ChiefSosa:
The Devil's mark. And they're both named Garba.
*sudden suspicion*
I believe it has something to do with spiritual influence
Re: Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors by uchennaq(m): 9:46am On Jun 17, 2021
The Nigerian Government led by one Muhammed Buhari with the help of one of his henchman keeps on trying to change the narrative, but most of us are documenting it. They accused Jack of the crises that happened during the #Endsars protest. But they forgot that the #Endsars protest was one of the most peaceful protests that were geared towards reforming the Nigerian Police. This was the clamour of all the protesters until the Nigerian Government introduced hoodlums and the Nigerian Army to peaceful protesters.

Let it be on record today that the Lagos state judicial panel confirmed the death of 99 individuals that day with 3 confirmed deaths at Lekki toll gate. What has the Nigerian government done to address all these issues, yet what the stupid and clueless government is doing is to fight twitter and blame Twitter for their lapses. The cry for POLICE reform has not been addressed, yet the Nigerian government is here blaming a foreign company for the lapses. PITY

2 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors by peppermint7(m): 9:48am On Jun 17, 2021
richmond500:
Twitter must be regulated, 40% of the news on that platform is not necessary.

This isn't about NK or Buhari but that platform is one of the roots of our problem.
June12 protest would have been bloody if people had had access to put in fake news that would have aggravated some persons madness
Oga go and rest. If you don’t have anything to say.
Did you protest on 12 June.
Did you protest on 23-10
Nigeria’s problems are bigger than Twitter.
Besides thanks to Buhari for giving us an international audience free of charge.

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors by Tundex911: 9:52am On Jun 17, 2021
But did not reduce daily kidnapping, killing up and down...

Awon weyrey gbogbo

Smh
Re: Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors by Pstjoel(m): 9:54am On Jun 17, 2021
na them - grin Cow brain
Re: Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors by poweredcom(m): 9:54am On Jun 17, 2021
For Dem mind Dem don suspend Twitter ...Mee wey de tweet from Miami Paris New York London and other great cities everyday
Re: Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors by Blessedassuranc(f): 9:54am On Jun 17, 2021
richmond500:
I dont think they are scared of giving up power, they are just scared that the country will become a full Somalia under their reign.

If things are unchecked, we will not have a country after 2023, everyone knows that social media needs to be regulated in Nigeria, but we fail to admit it cos of our hatred for Buhari

Pls go sleep with your retarded reasoning... Bunch of fools
Re: Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors by Nobody: 9:56am On Jun 17, 2021
I laugh at this talk.
If fake news have reduced drastically, it means its APC members and paid agents peddling the news because none of them can use the twitter since their darling daddy and children banned it.
Re: Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors by donprinyo(m): 9:59am On Jun 17, 2021
Cow brain at work. Continue playing Ronaldo with your fans. Blame game addicts

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors by jaxxy(m): 10:03am On Jun 17, 2021
Probably same way fake news was also spread by Apc in Jonathan’s time. There is not justification for ban on twitter. It will ultimately backfire. U can’t gag free speech online.

If sm1 is spreading fake news u address them not ban a whole platform. That is insane.

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors by Seyzcham91(m): 10:10am On Jun 17, 2021
no mind them

fitzmayowa:
So the ban of twitter is not because of Nnamdi Kanu again its because of PDP These guys are jokers they can't even get their stories straight....

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors by drlance(m): 10:12am On Jun 17, 2021
Head slammers be doing the most

ChiefSosa:
The Devil's mark. And they're both named Garba.
*sudden suspicion*
Re: Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors by Burstit(m): 10:22am On Jun 17, 2021
I hope he believes what he is saying.
Re: Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors by 2elliot: 10:24am On Jun 17, 2021
richmond500:
Twitter must be regulated, 40% of the news on that platform is not necessary.

This isn't about NK or Buhari but that platform is one of the roots of our problem.
June12 protest would have been bloody if people had had access to put in fake news that would have aggravated some persons madness
Gbam! Bro, you are very right. Twitter can go Bleep themselves. Cowwe for life. I wonder why it took fg this long to ban twitter, something they should have done since 1983. Twitter messed up and sabotaged Buhari's military govt in the 80's. They influenced the coup plotters who overthrew him.

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors by SocialJustice: 10:27am On Jun 17, 2021
Wow, so twitter is just collateral damage.
Re: Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors by udemzyudex(m): 10:31am On Jun 17, 2021
Can you imagine, so it is all about caging the opposition.
Re: Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors by walozanga(m): 10:32am On Jun 17, 2021
richmond500:
its because of opposition trying to destroy the country, it was never targeted at NK, fake news and posts that focuses on division is getting out of hand, twitter needs to be regulated, I dont support the ban but that platform is becoming something else

Is that's your point. WHAT ABOUT NAIRALAND? ABI U NODEY SEE WEYTIN DEY HAPPEN HERE?.
Re: Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors by Randy111(m): 10:32am On Jun 17, 2021
Garba's madness has eventually crossed over the fence. Do I need PDP to understand that this government has inflation is at it's peak? Do I need PDP to tell me that 50kg of rice that was selling for 8k is now sold for 38k? Do I need PDP to tell me that fulanis are killing accros the length and width of the country while the government does nothing about it. Two buses load of passenger we're kidnapped along Benin-auchi road in two separate attack yesterday alone and PDP weren't the once that broke the news.

You can't hide this magnitude of failure for long.

2 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors by hush15: 10:58am On Jun 17, 2021
dre11:

https://www.thecable.ng/presidency-twitter-suspension-has-reduced-spread-of-fake-news-by-pdp-governors

This Garba is as empty as his head. So banning Twitter was just a PDP check move. Dem for kuku just declare PDP a terrorist organization now and stop denying citizen their fundamental rights.
Re: Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors by Xclusivedaniel6(m): 11:01am On Jun 17, 2021
OnionBandit:
Which is very true..

you and your party are clueless
You sef imagine talk
something wey small pikin go talk wey dem suppose slap ham
Re: Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors by LoveDocAdeshina(m): 11:01am On Jun 17, 2021
It's well with this country

Find your soulmate now
Join Perfectmate Matchmaking to get matched
Send messages to 08170399634
Re: Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors by Trentee4eva: 11:09am On Jun 17, 2021
OnionBandit:
Which is very true..

So $1= #500 is fake news. Or that bandits are herdsmen kidnap and attack people including school children

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors by RichAbujaGuy: 11:11am On Jun 17, 2021
Nicholaspepe:
They have started with their lives again. Don't we have other social media platforms ?
Nairalanders, I need a job in Abuja no matter how menial and humbling it may be. Pls help me. I'm already starving. Life after sch has been so so tough and tormenting for me . Pls help me

Kudos bro, once upon a time I had to do the same until financial blessings returned. The hard work really helped my outlook on life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Adams Oshiohmole Accused Of Hijacking INEC Adhoc List In Auchi, Edo State / Senator Akpabio Not Behind 2 Face’s Planned Protest / Osun Beyond Senator Adeleke’s Capacity To Govern – APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.