Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,564 members, 7,934,712 topics. Date: Thursday, 29 August 2024 at 12:06 PM

Who Is The Man, Senator Surajudeen Ajibola Basiru (PH.D)? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is The Man, Senator Surajudeen Ajibola Basiru (PH.D)? (1501 Views)

Adeleke Storms Out Of Eid After Clash With Ajibola Basiru, Ex-Senate Spokesman / Ajibola Basiru: Buhari Pushing 1964 Northern Nigeria Decree On Cow Grazing Route / Ajibola Basiru Asks Malami To Resign: ‘You Are Rubbishing Buhari’s Govt’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The Man, Senator Surajudeen Ajibola Basiru (PH.D)? by todaynewsreview: 9:17am On Jun 17, 2021
Senator Surajudeen Ajibola Basiru (Ph.D) (born July 1, 1972) was a former Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice[1] for Osun State in Nigeria. He also served as Commissioner in the Ministry of Regional Integration & Special Duties from August 2010 - November 2014.[2] He was once a Lecturer in Osun State University November, 2014 - May 2017.

Dr. Surajudeen Ajibola Basiru, is the Senator representing Osun Central Senatorial District under the platform of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) ; and was appointed the Chairman Senate Committee on Diaspora, Non-Governmental Organizations and Civil Societies, also he was later meritoriously appointed as the Chairman, Senate Committee on Media and Public Affairs (Senate Spokesperson) due to his intellectualism and proactiveness.

He’s also a member of the following Senate Committees:

Committee on Airforce;
Committee on Downstream Petroleum Sector;
Committee on Judiciary, Human Rights and Legal Matters; and
Committee on Petroleum Resources (Upstream).

His pact with the good people of Osun Central Senatorial District has been seeing the light of the day, every within his One year in Office!

Early life Edit
Ajibola Basiru had his primary education in Osogbo where he attended Salvation Army Primary School, Oke-Fia, Osogbo, Osun State, 1983. He then proceeded to Laro Grammar School, Oke-Fia, Osogbo, Osun State where he sat for WASC/GCE O’Level in 1988.

Law career Edit
Senator Ajibola Basiru was admitted into the University of Ilorin to study Arabic and Islamic Studies but was rusticated in his third year. He got an admission to study Law at the University of Lagos, Akoka, Yaba, Lagos for L.L.B. (Hons) Bachelor Of Laws from 1994-2000.[3]

He attended The Nigeria Law School, Bwari, Abuja, FCT. (2001-2002) and had a Second Class, Upper Division. From 2005-2006 he attended University of Lagos, LLM (Master Of Laws) Degree in Secured Credit Transactions; Planning & Compulsory Acquisition; Law of the Sea and Comparative Company Law. In 2016, Ajibola Basiru also had his Ph.D in Property Law, Faculty of Law, at the University of Lagos.[4]

Political career Edit
Dr. Surajudeen Ajibola Basiru is representing Osun Central Senatorial District as a senator [5][6][7] under the platform of the ruling party All Progressives Congress (APC). He was a member of the Alliance for Democracy (AD), and has been in the party through its metamorphosis to Action Congress (AC), Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) and now the All Progressives Congress (APC). He was a commissioner[1] during the administration of Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola, and also served in the first term as Honorable Commissioner of Regional Integration and Special Duties. Later, in the second term, he was appointed as the Honorable Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice for the state.[1][8]

On the 28th of April, 2020, Senator Ajibola Basiru was appointed as the new chairman of the Senate Committee on Media and Public Affairs by the Senate President Ahmad Lawan.[9]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ajibola_Basiru

Re: Who Is The Man, Senator Surajudeen Ajibola Basiru (PH.D)? by ogbuefi677(m): 9:26am On Jun 17, 2021
Na this great grandpa una say dem born 1972?

3 Likes

Re: Who Is The Man, Senator Surajudeen Ajibola Basiru (PH.D)? by duro4chang(m): 9:29am On Jun 17, 2021
His wife, Basirat was also a lawyer in Lagos state but now a magistrate in Isin state. Basiru was one of the counsels to Aregbesola during the issue if gubernatorial election in Osun state.
Re: Who Is The Man, Senator Surajudeen Ajibola Basiru (PH.D)? by duro4chang(m): 9:29am On Jun 17, 2021
His wife, Basirat was also a lawyer in Lagos state but now a magistrate in Isin state. Basiru was one of the counsels to Aregbesola during the issue if gubernatorial election in Osun state.
Re: Who Is The Man, Senator Surajudeen Ajibola Basiru (PH.D)? by OBALOLA55(m): 9:31am On Jun 17, 2021
WELL HE IS A MODERATE YORUBA MUSLIM UNLIKE ISHAQ AKINTOLA, SEUNMSG AND THATFAIRGUY
Re: Who Is The Man, Senator Surajudeen Ajibola Basiru (PH.D)? by Sugardick: 10:01am On Jun 17, 2021
politician? definitely a thief. ole barawo oshi
Re: Who Is The Man, Senator Surajudeen Ajibola Basiru (PH.D)? by Penguin2: 10:05am On Jun 17, 2021
Now I see the reason for this man’s recent outbursts.

He is interested in Osun governorship election.

If them don dey provide ur profile like this, we always know where it’s leading to.

I almost got deceived undecided

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Man, Senator Surajudeen Ajibola Basiru (PH.D)? by todaynewsreview: 10:40am On Jun 17, 2021
Penguin2:
Now I see the reason for this man’s recent outbursts.

He is interested in Osun governorship election.

If them don dey provide ur profile like this, we always know where it’s leading to.

I almost got deceived undecided

Not so Sir. I'm not even from Osun State but had interest in knowing his pedigree to his vast experience in law. Seems to have more information on this grazing issue. Not minding he's part of the ruling party. His kinds are rare.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Man, Senator Surajudeen Ajibola Basiru (PH.D)? by RichBoy247: 10:43am On Jun 17, 2021
ogbuefi677:
Na this great grandpa una say dem born 1972?

No loud am, na the regular football age.
Re: Who Is The Man, Senator Surajudeen Ajibola Basiru (PH.D)? by Penguin2: 11:11am On Jun 17, 2021
todaynewsreview:

Not so Sir. I'm not even from Osun State but had interest in knowing his pedigree to his vast experience in law. Seems to have more information on this grazing issue. Not minding he's part of the ruling party. His kinds are rare.

He’s gonna declare for Osun governorship election.

Should we bet on that?
Re: Who Is The Man, Senator Surajudeen Ajibola Basiru (PH.D)? by todaynewsreview: 11:48am On Jun 17, 2021
Penguin2:

He’s gonna declare for Osun governorship election.

Should we bet on that?

Not after him contesting or not. The man is a very sound lawyer.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Man, Senator Surajudeen Ajibola Basiru (PH.D)? by Monogamy: 11:49am On Jun 17, 2021
In M.I, what political position is he aspiring for?

grin
Re: Who Is The Man, Senator Surajudeen Ajibola Basiru (PH.D)? by todaynewsreview: 11:21pm On Jun 17, 2021
Monogamy:
In M.I, what political position is he aspiring for?

grin

Law career Edit
Senator Ajibola Basiru was admitted into the University of Ilorin to study Arabic and Islamic Studies but was rusticated in his third year. He got an admission to study Law at the University of Lagos, Akoka, Yaba, Lagos for L.L.B. (Hons) Bachelor Of Laws from 1994-2000.[3]
Re: Who Is The Man, Senator Surajudeen Ajibola Basiru (PH.D)? by Akwamkpuruamu: 12:02am On Jun 18, 2021
RichBoy247:

No loud am, na the regular football age.

Same Age record discrepancy with Buhari and Tinubu
Re: Who Is The Man, Senator Surajudeen Ajibola Basiru (PH.D)? by todaynewsreview: 7:00pm On Jun 18, 2021
Akwamkpuruamu:

Same Age record discrepancy with Buhari and Tinubu

From his primary school year and other school years, most likely be the age declared.

Early life Edit
Ajibola Basiru had his primary education in Osogbo where he attended Salvation Army Primary School, Oke-Fia, Osogbo, Osun State, 1983. He then proceeded to Laro Grammar School, Oke-Fia, Osogbo, Osun State where he sat for WASC/GCE O’Level in 1988.

Law career Edit
Re: Who Is The Man, Senator Surajudeen Ajibola Basiru (PH.D)? by Curious345: 3:57pm On Jun 22, 2021
Hello you sent me a pm
todaynewsreview:

From his primary school year and other school years, most likely be the age declared.

Early life Edit

Law career Edit
Re: Who Is The Man, Senator Surajudeen Ajibola Basiru (PH.D)? by todaynewsreview: 4:10pm On Jun 22, 2021
Curious345:
Hello you sent me a pm

Yes Sir. Thanks
Re: Who Is The Man, Senator Surajudeen Ajibola Basiru (PH.D)? by Curious345: 5:47pm On Jun 22, 2021
todaynewsreview:

Yes Sir. Thanks
ok how can I be of help
Re: Who Is The Man, Senator Surajudeen Ajibola Basiru (PH.D)? by todaynewsreview: 5:49pm On Jun 22, 2021
Curious345:
ok how can I be of help

Possible to chat me up on WhatsApp? My signature below. Thanks
Re: Who Is The Man, Senator Surajudeen Ajibola Basiru (PH.D)? by Banmeallday: 5:51pm On Jun 22, 2021
How does this stop Fulani Terrorism and lead to the fall of the British Nigg Area?
Re: Who Is The Man, Senator Surajudeen Ajibola Basiru (PH.D)? by Curious345: 6:56pm On Jun 22, 2021
todaynewsreview:

Possible to chat me up on WhatsApp? My signature below. Thanks
oh you sell data right

(1) (Reply)

People Are Threatened By Osinbajo’s Leadership Capabilities – Frank Edoho / After Signing, Buhari Accuses National Assembly Of Padding 2022 Budget / LIVE UPDATES: APC Holds National Convention In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.