Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,723 members, 7,889,311 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 08:43 AM

Former Super Eagles Player, Mikel Obi To Open Football Academy In Jos (photos) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Former Super Eagles Player, Mikel Obi To Open Football Academy In Jos (photos) (875 Views)

Mikel Obi Set To Open A Football Academy In Jos, Visits Governor Lalong (Pics) / Ahmed Musa Trains With Locals Where He Grew Up In Jos(photos) / Real Madrid Football Academy In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Photos Of Prototype (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Former Super Eagles Player, Mikel Obi To Open Football Academy In Jos (photos) by Kosiso12(f): 5:21pm On Jun 17, 2021
Former Super Eagles Player, Mikel Obi To Open Football Academy In Jos

Former Super Eagles Captain and Playmaker, John Obi Mikel is set to open a football academy in Jos, Plateau state Capital, Igbere TV reports.

Stock City Captain disclosed this today when he visited Governor Simon Lalong of Plateau State in the Government House Jos.

As part of giving back to the society and also harnessing of more talents for the country and uplifting the people from Poverty, the Netherlands 2005 WYC, 2nd best player make such a magnanimous decision.

Recall that the former Lyn Oslo of Norway, Chelsea FC of England ,Tianjin Teda, Middleborough of England and Tranzobor of Turkey Midfielder who came into the limelight during WYC championship in Netherlands in 2005 after he representing the country in FIFA U-17 world cup in Finland in 2003 last week visited Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi State.

STAY WITH IGBERE TV. AFRICA'S NO1 COMMUNITY TV.

https://igberetvnews.com/1393215/former-super-eagles-player-mikel-obi-open-football-academy-jos-photos/

Re: Former Super Eagles Player, Mikel Obi To Open Football Academy In Jos (photos) by BoboNkiti19: 5:23pm On Jun 17, 2021
I understand Mikel is a Jos born and raised boy, but such act of service should also be extended to his hometown in Anambra

2 Likes

Re: Former Super Eagles Player, Mikel Obi To Open Football Academy In Jos (photos) by EMMY76: 5:30pm On Jun 17, 2021
Igbo people are really very stubborn upon all the threats from northerners to seize their properties in the north they are still planning to invest heavily in the same north. undecided
Re: Former Super Eagles Player, Mikel Obi To Open Football Academy In Jos (photos) by FarahAideed: 5:31pm On Jun 17, 2021
Another poor planning .. something one Bandit herdsman will soon attack and ruin
Re: Former Super Eagles Player, Mikel Obi To Open Football Academy In Jos (photos) by IDENNAA(m): 5:33pm On Jun 17, 2021
BoboNkiti19:
I understand Mikel is a Jos born and raised boy, but such act of service should also be extended to his hometown in Anambra

Mikel Obi has inferiority complex. Dude started blowing British accent 2 minutes into England, married Oyibo and rarely visit Neni his home town nor socialize with his people.

2 Likes

Re: Former Super Eagles Player, Mikel Obi To Open Football Academy In Jos (photos) by BKayy: 5:35pm On Jun 17, 2021
He opened it where he belongs.
With his fellow Northerners.
People can now understand why he is trying to shove Yahaya Bello down our throat as the president.
In Anambra and the entire Igbo land, we don't know this man so the Nigerian publishing him as an Igbo man that believes in Nigeria are just fooling themselves.
If he comes to Neni tomorrow (that is if he knows the direction or can recognise his father's house) he will only be welcomed as a footballer nothing more.
As a representative of Ndigbo? No No No No.
Haven't you people notice that when we list notable people from Anambra or notable Igbo men and women that we skip Mikel Obi
What makes an Igbo man is the ideology not the name

1 Like

Re: Former Super Eagles Player, Mikel Obi To Open Football Academy In Jos (photos) by BoboNkiti19: 5:35pm On Jun 17, 2021
IDENNAA:

Mikel Obi has inferiority complex. Dude started blowing British accent 2 minutes into England, married Oyibo and rarely visit Neni his home town nor socialize with his people.

Well it's his investment and his own cup of tea, that one no concern me... I just wish he was up to speed about the uncertainty of things in Nigeria right now... our people just never learn from history unfortunately.
Re: Former Super Eagles Player, Mikel Obi To Open Football Academy In Jos (photos) by BKayy: 5:38pm On Jun 17, 2021
IDENNAA:

I can bet my last card that he doesn't know the road to Neni.
Even Neni people don't call his name when mentioning notable people from their town.
If he manages to find someone that will direct him to his fathers compound in Neni tomorrow, he will be welcomed as a prodigal son
Re: Former Super Eagles Player, Mikel Obi To Open Football Academy In Jos (photos) by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 5:53pm On Jun 17, 2021
Why not Anambra

These people sha like to invest outside Igboland.

They should go and learn stuff from Innoson.

1 Like

Re: Former Super Eagles Player, Mikel Obi To Open Football Academy In Jos (photos) by SpecialAdviser(m): 6:00pm On Jun 17, 2021
BoboNkiti19:

No mind am. 2moro we will be crying they are marginalizing us.
Re: Former Super Eagles Player, Mikel Obi To Open Football Academy In Jos (photos) by jimyjames(m): 6:09pm On Jun 17, 2021
IDENNAA:

Only those born and raised in Jos will understand, the lifestyle of people in Jos was different from anywhere else in Nigeria back then,
every middle class family in Jos raised their children in similar way, there was nothing like tribalism, you will visit your friends house and the only thing their parents will ask you is your first name, they don't care to know if you are igbo, Hausa or Yoruba, or state of origin . we all saw ourselves as J town indigenes,
all kids from middle class family grew up watching same TV programs, playing same type of video games, same type of music, same type of fashion wears, visited same resorts, amusement parks and shared same experience in boarding school Jos is like home to everyone who was born and raised there. If not for the crisis and the tribalism introduced through Internet, not just Mikel but people like MI abaga, Peter and paul okoye Jesse abaga etc will pick Jos over their state of origin, Jos was indeed home

1 Like

Re: Former Super Eagles Player, Mikel Obi To Open Football Academy In Jos (photos) by Saifullah01: 6:22pm On Jun 17, 2021
BoboNkiti19:
Remember Buhari said if you want Investments and jobs then tell your youths (or ungun whatever you call them these days) to behave themselves - you were busy tagging US/UK/UN that Buhari insulted you. Well here you have it, I doubt Mikel feels safe visiting Anambra anytime he's back in the country
Re: Former Super Eagles Player, Mikel Obi To Open Football Academy In Jos (photos) by Saifullah01: 6:22pm On Jun 17, 2021
EMMY76:
Igbo people are really very stubborn upon all the threats from northerners to seize their properties in the north they are still planning to invest heavily in the same north. undecided
How?
Nobody has threatened any ibo person in the North (to you guys' disappointment), rather it is ipob (that you so conveniently forgot) that is burning down Investments they think are for Northerners hoping for reprisals, and now that even reprisal attacks aren't happening ipob is busy issuing return orders and insulting Northern ibos.
Life of an ipob!
Re: Former Super Eagles Player, Mikel Obi To Open Football Academy In Jos (photos) by IDENNAA(m): 6:22pm On Jun 17, 2021
jimyjames:

Only those born and raised in Jos will understand, the lifestyle of people in Jos was different from anywhere else in Nigeria back then,
every middle class family in Jos raised their children in similar way, there was nothing like tribalism, you will visit your friends house and the only thing their parents will ask you is your first name, they don't care to know if you are igbo, Hausa or Yoruba, or state of origin . we all saw ourselves as J town indigenes,
all kids from middle class family grew up watching same TV programs, playing same type of video games, same type of music, same type of fashion wears, visited same resorts, amusement parks and shared same experience in boarding school Jos is like home to everyone who was born and raised there. If not for the crisis and the tribalism introduced through Internet, not just Mikel but people like MI abaga, Peter and paul okoye Jesse abaga etc will pick Jos over their state of origin, Jos was indeed home

I was born in Jos, too. I love the Tin city but I am still Anambra. Who forgets his roots ? Jos people are too nice, especially to Igbos but that place isn't my ancestral home.

I was born at Jamkwanu general hospital in Jos....infact , my parents speaks their dialect in addition to Hausa. I know what it means to be born and raised there but I will never forget home.
Re: Former Super Eagles Player, Mikel Obi To Open Football Academy In Jos (photos) by jimyjames(m): 6:32pm On Jun 17, 2021
IDENNAA:

I was born in Jos, too. I love the Tin city but I am still Anambra. Who forgets his roots ? Jos people are too nice, especially to Igbos but that place isn't my ancestral home.

I was born at Jamkwanu general hospital in Jos....infact , my parents speaks their dialect in addition to Hausa. I know what it means to be born and raised there but I will never forget home.

Are you aware a lot of Jos born kids visited home most times once in every 5 yrs for Christmas ? some never visited at all, maybe your family visited home each year but most of us it wasn't like that, if you ask people like MI abaga they will tell you they visited taraba state once or twice in their life time
Re: Former Super Eagles Player, Mikel Obi To Open Football Academy In Jos (photos) by BoboNkiti19: 7:17pm On Jun 17, 2021
Saifullah01:

Remember Buhari said if you want Investments and jobs then tell your youths (or ungun whatever you call them these days) to behave themselves - you were busy tagging US/UK/UN that Buhari insulted you. Well here you have it, I doubt Mikel feels safe visiting Anambra anytime he's back in the country

Gibberish, Anambra even at its worst level of insecurity is far safer than anywhere in the North.
Re: Former Super Eagles Player, Mikel Obi To Open Football Academy In Jos (photos) by Rahkman: 9:44pm On Jun 17, 2021
jimyjames:

i strongly agree with you.... only true jos brought up will understand this comment

1 Like

Re: Former Super Eagles Player, Mikel Obi To Open Football Academy In Jos (photos) by Rahkman: 9:47pm On Jun 17, 2021
Mikel is a very humble man just like his father too ... when you see his father at his bus park at jakwanu jos you won’t even know he is very rich

(1) (Reply)

Think Of What To Gain With Ussd Code / Check Out My Combination Bet To Win One Million Five Hundred And Nineteen Thousa / AFCON: Prediction That Got People Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.