Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,717 members, 7,938,184 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 07:26 PM

Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) (24127 Views)

N-power Batch C: How To Fix 4/5 Fingers Biometric Capture / Five Reasons Never To Include References On Your CV / To Apply For Federal Government Recruitment 2018, Checkout No. 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) by degenuine1(m): 7:35pm On Jun 19, 2021
The fact is... We hv corrupt leaders. They can create jobs if they want but they rather steal the money.
Re: Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) by imagrg(m): 7:38pm On Jun 19, 2021
Looking at it on the negative side though, I remember I once visited a private school in Benin City and wanted to know what one of the teacher's qualification was and she said, "I has a BS". The question is, is such person employable?
allthingsgood:
nigerian youth are unemployable
Re: Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) by Bifwoli: 7:38pm On Jun 19, 2021
Ndipe:
What mineral resources do those countries that you listed below have compared to Nigeria with its massive oil revenues that are pocketed into the bank account of a select cabal of corrupt people at the detriment of the masses? Please dont celebrate mediocrity by stating that Nigeria is a better country in terms of employment compared to the ones that you listed. There is no justification whatsoever for the high unemployment rate and hardship in the country.

You do talk lots of sense my friend.Well stated .

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) by Halo22: 7:40pm On Jun 19, 2021
Neglecting Op's typographical error, I must input that there are more reasons for unemployment in the country like the issue of misppropriation of posts especially in jobs that require specialization. More so, it's not greed to have 30k job and still be looking for another one to make up.
Re: Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) by BigDawsNet: 7:41pm On Jun 19, 2021
Bifwoli:
Give a reliable /credible source of your stats please? You can't give fake stats and everybody takes it at face value.

Its on
world population review page online .. might get a ban if I post the full link...

Feel me?
Re: Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) by meobizy(f): 7:47pm On Jun 19, 2021
Hassanmaye:

Between us men and women be honest who like sex pass hmmm
Human beings.

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) by lexy2014: 7:54pm On Jun 19, 2021
Ogamysamo:
the reason for high rate of unemployment in nigeria today is just....

1. GREEDINESS

lack of contemptment is one of the major reason why employment is rarely available in nigeria today. imagine an employee earning #30,000 monthly still fighting for a government work of 15k just because he can do both at a time without a stress,

2. GODFATHERLISM
many qualified youth are denied employment either because someone they know is not there or because nobody their knows him.

3. STINGINESS

in some cases, 1,900 people will be employ for a work that deserve 2,000 employees and save the salary of the 100people for other circumstances they are not even sure of.

4. LACK OF CONTEMPTMENT

one of the major reasons is because even the self employed will said that they are still unemploy

5. BY FORCE LUXURIOUS LIFE
some others will fight for jobs they are not qualify for because it pays better

Pls, what is "contemptment"?
Re: Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jun 19, 2021
Ogbeni no employment anywhere o.

Can u work as a Security man for 25k, standing for 11 hours per day ?

Abi d OP is high on Nyaope.
Re: Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) by MrNipplesLover(m): 8:08pm On Jun 19, 2021
Many youths are smarter than their employers.

That rings a warning bell to other companies/employers.

grin grin
Re: Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) by Techguy96(m): 8:09pm On Jun 19, 2021
BigDawsNet:
10 countries with the highest rates of unemployment:

Burkina Faso (77.00%)
Syria (50.00%)
Senegal (48.00%)
Haiti (40.60%)
Djibouti (40.00%)
Kenya (40.00%)
Republic Of The Congo (36.00%)
Marshall Islands (36.00%)
Namibia (34.00%)
Kiribati (30.60%)
By Country 2021

Nigeria is actually abetter country to citizens of those countries above
Nigeria is actually 30.40% so how are we better?

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) by Raalsalghul: 8:13pm On Jun 19, 2021
6. Overpopulation

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jun 19, 2021
BigDawsNet:

I'm not siding Nigeria gov and I will never in my life do that...

By the way I only have one sibling left in naija and hiz got a good job

I left because I couldn't get any one that suit my worth

your case is a decent case. there are families that dont even have one family member employed in a good position anywhere
Re: Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) by newguy1(m): 8:34pm On Jun 19, 2021
Need to know how u can start small on network marketing. Let be frank with ourselves there is no job out there, for you to be independent u have to learn how to sell n market.y not learn n make money to invest in ur self with using your capital. Send me a mail if you what to know more
Re: Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) by SocialJustice: 8:36pm On Jun 19, 2021
ngng:
In this country, the way employees collaborate to kill the existing SMEs is alarming. Many won't venture into running a biz because getting a trusted employee is difficult in naija. Even the existing ones who are suposed to work together are forming competitors. We need to change our orientation, walai!
Boils down to government and our bad judicial process. In a sane country, when your staff steals, all you have to do is call police. Police will arrive for free, take the thieving staff to court free and get them punished appropriately.

I don't have to tell you the mess Nigeria is.

There are so many factors working against capital in Nigeria.
Re: Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) by DavidEsq(m): 8:54pm On Jun 19, 2021
Ogamysamo:

1. GREEDINESS

lack of contemptment is one of the major reason why employment is rarely available in nigeria today. imagine an employee earning #30,000 monthly still fighting for a government work of 15k just because he can do both at a time without a stress,

2. GODFATHERLISM
many qualified youth are denied employment either because someone they know is not there or because nobody their knows him.

3. STINGINESS

in some cases, 1,900 people will be employ for a work that deserve 2,000 employees and save the salary of the 100people for other circumstances they are not even sure of.

4. LACK OF CONTEMPTMENT

one of the major reasons is because even the self employed will said that they are still unemploy

OP did your English language teacher die?
Re: Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) by MrJavaS: 9:13pm On Jun 19, 2021
That number 1 Is wack.
Can you survive with 20k?. having a single source of income is bad
Re: Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) by Ndipe(m): 9:19pm On Jun 19, 2021
Thank you very much for the compliment.

Bifwoli:
You do talk lots of sense my friend.Well stated .
Re: Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) by Yommychrz(m): 9:44pm On Jun 19, 2021
Sebastine1994:
Guy all these reason you have given no make sense.

Nigeria is not the only country in this world, anything that happens outside Nigeria affects us too.

For example Saudi Arabia has the laziest youth in the world, because they had so much money, the government employed everyone. they were busy speeding Islam and terrorism.

But today the youth are trying to adjust to global reality. Islamization agenda is no longer on their time table but how to align their economy fast before 2030.

the government are no longer employing new people, government work is difficult to get. the private sector find these Saudi youths unemployable,

Some things you can control, others you can never control. the world is changing fast, don't sit around making excuse, adjust with the times.
see hating others religion will take u nowhere...ode
Re: Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) by investorMK(m): 9:59pm On Jun 19, 2021
Deicide:
If no one is finding job how would you employ people after you create your job?
isn't better we have enough job more than the people searching for it?..

If the available job is more than the people in a country...
Other foreigner can com in to work
Re: Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) by CollinsAbims: 10:20pm On Jun 19, 2021
pls go and sleep biko
Re: Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) by bilulu(m): 11:36pm On Jun 19, 2021
BigDawsNet:

Bro you better tell urself the truth and stop whining yourself and your country

Is Nigeria china mate or any first/second world countries mate?...

You need to travel and see things and also see how they turn Nigeria back at the POE

Believing they are potential criminals
just imagine what you just said, whether China na Nigeria mate, when did both countries had their independence? I don't need to travel further because I currently reside in Canada so I see how people call on their government for things we neglect, ve seen where people even sue government sef. so stop telling people not to call on their government for things they should provide.
Re: Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) by Sebastine1994(m): 12:15am On Jun 20, 2021
Yommychrz:
see hating others religion will take u nowhere...ode

I will continue to hate that religion till I take my last breath on this planet.

it's a cult and not a religion
Re: Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) by Babysho(m): 2:57am On Jun 20, 2021
Ihatemumu:
Some say most Nigerian youths are unemployable,
How can you pay the employable graduates 30k per month?

America spends billions of dollars to fund various innovative companies as well as their educational and research structure is the best in the world, this leads to a competitive environment and massive job creation.

If Nigerians think Americans are God because of their technological advancement, then this is a perfect example of the Giant that would spend his/her time on earth without discovering their true purpose or potentials.

The government has danced to the tune of Britain to the detriment of its own people.
Nigeria has all it takes to be a superpower, but Religion, Greed, Nepotism, wickedness are some of the reasons why 95% would never discover that true potential.

Tani Adewumi is a Nigeria Chess prodigy, which the same Religion almost killed, America discovered his talent as their environment is built for talents to grow, Nigeria is built to kill your talent.

Breaking Nigeria seems to be the best option now, the reason Britain is against this is cause Nigeria is key to Africa, and when Nigeria wakes, Africa and the entire black race would wake too.

Nigeria will never wake. Our leaders are broken. Most of them were house helps for slave masters so it's the way slave masters treated Nigerians with hate that they are treating their own fellow Nigerians. Lying and raping our commonwealth year in year out.

The main reason why we will never wake is that these current broken leaders are already training upcoming broken leaders in their kids and also in the mentorship industry.

Even when we think we finally have a messiah, Tinubu in his grave can just say the combination code and like clockwork, the cabal will come alive and the human in our leader will die. He will become the Devil himself because deep down, he's broken.

I always say that I'm a good person, I love Nigeria and Nigerians and that if I were president, I would do anything to make sure we never live like this but the truth is I have lived in a broken society for so long and even been oriented into the broken systems through schools, churches and civil service. Maybe I'm just a broken leader waiting to happen too and I just don't know it yet. All I need is to hear my cabal code.

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) by ademola020(m): 3:02am On Jun 20, 2021
It’s make more sense to pay 10 people 10k each than paying one person 100k to do a job.
1. Efficiency
2. Division of labour
3. Everyone goes home with something no matter how small?
Take for example a job from 9-5, if 4 people do 2hrs each and get paid 10k each instead of 1 person getting 100k Monthly. 4 of them have time to work other jobs too if available. It’s better to expect something no matter how small than expect nothing
This is just my opinion

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) by africanusvu(m): 6:37am On Jun 20, 2021
Add INCOMPETENCE,yes most so called graduates these days are a disgrace,have nothing offer
Re: Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) by Uphold(m): 7:19am On Jun 20, 2021
kRYPTO trading can make you financially free. Stop waiting for government. That why they banned it in Nigeria because they know it and want to keep you in poverty so that you keep worshipping them and do their biding during election. I can teach you how to trade free of charge. Hi me on the WhatsApp link below. Join the link together because if i post it how it will be, i will not be able to post it here.
WhatsApp link https://chat.whatsapp
.com/BurofTLLbQBIYblJ5Acp7y
Re: Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) by greenguy: 7:24am On Jun 20, 2021
Stupid and senseless write up.
Re: Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) by rumeuruemu: 7:45am On Jun 20, 2021
The government should do more in job creation by creating a more enabling environment such as the provision of the following.
-social security systems for the youths and vulnerables group in the society.
- long-term infrastructural development projects such as sustainable energy grid mix , roads, etc.
- access to investment financing from banks to support enterprise development.
- quality vocational technical and higher education especially in information communication tech.
- business mentorship opportunities.
- zero tolerance to public fund embezzlement. etc.
Let borrow a leaf from China economic growth policy .
Re: Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) by BigDawsNet: 9:19am On Jun 20, 2021
bilulu:

just imagine what you just said, whether China na Nigeria mate, when did both countries had their independence? I don't need to travel further because I currently reside in Canada so I see how people call on their government for things we neglect, ve seen where people even sue government sef. so stop telling people not to call on their government for things they should provide.

Good one
I based in Western part of the US
After my folks retirement we had to relocate at same time just to have good quality life and for security purposes...you think if Nigeria borrow it's self some sense... thousands will relocate? just like my parents... I have dreams while growing up working for the FG...even with all my skills... couldn't secure any which triggered our relocation...

If even Nigeria and china are age mates,
China have laws, rules and regulations and they follow it... mostly sometimes they punish corrupted politicians in a harsh way only for them to maintain a working nation....

Is Nigerian Gov ready for that? And you think they are mates...
How many average or even above average can successfully sue the gov and win in naija...
When all this are not in place...then you can't have a good country..

God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jun 20, 2021
Ogamysamo:

1. GREEDINESS

2. GODFATHERLISM

3. STINGINESS

4. LACK OF CONTEMPTMENT

you don't need to depend on anyone https://www.nairaland.com/6606146/none-employed-employed-come-capital
Re: Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) by LegalOpinion: 1:18pm On Jun 20, 2021
Ogamysamo:

1. GREEDINESS

2. GODFATHERLISM

3. STINGINESS

4. LACK OF CONTEMPTMENT

OP, you forgot to mention that A LOT of Nigerian certificate-carrying graduates are extremely unemployable.

Every organization seek to employ people that will add value and take the organization to the next level.

Imagine employing a graduate that cannot complete a simple short sentence in English language.
Re: Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) by Shuttuope(m): 2:11pm On Jun 20, 2021
newguy1:
Need to know how u can start small on network marketing. Let be frank with ourselves there is no job out there, for you to be independent u have to learn how to sell n market.y not learn n make money to invest in ur self with using your capital. Send me a mail if you what to know more

Boss contact me here on WhatsApp 09011009175,
I just started one this week. I have been doing my research on it for about three months
You can also call me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is It Adviceable To Leave A 30k Teaching Job For POS and Recharge Card Business? / I Hate My Course So Much Now!!! / Fed Up With My N45k/month Job.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.