Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,574 members, 7,978,909 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 04:47 PM

Nigerian Govt Should Pay Salary To Religious Leaders To Tackle Insecurity –imams - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Govt Should Pay Salary To Religious Leaders To Tackle Insecurity –imams (895 Views)

Do Not Denigrate Nigeria In Your Sermons, Tinubu Appeals To Religious Leaders / DSS To Religious Leaders: Don't Incite Nigerians Against Government / What Will Happen To Religious Leaders Involved In Partisan Politics – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Govt Should Pay Salary To Religious Leaders To Tackle Insecurity –imams by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:56am On Jun 20, 2021
The committee of FCT imams initiative (CFII) has said religious leaders can help fight insecurity in the country.

Tajuddeen Adigun, chairman of CFII said Imams and other religious leaders should be included in the fight against insecurity in Nigeria.

He spoke at the 17th extraordinary dawrah (conference) of the FCT Imams on Saturday in Abuja, NAN reports.

Speaking on the theme: ‘Unity of Imams as a Forte to the Ummah and Secured Nation’, Adigun stressed that people listen to religious leaders more than politicians.

According to Adigun: “The reality is that people have belief and listen to their imams much more than the politicians.

“This is not to underrate the position of politicians, because Allah has handed over power to them.

“However, politicians should not underrate the influence of imams. If government decides to pay salaries to religious leaders so as to maintain peace, it is not too much.

“When I say religious leaders, I mean generally including the non-Muslim religious leaders, because all religions have influence over their followers.

“In FCT, I can tell you we have so many examples of calamities that when 75 percent of the imams deliver uniform Friday sermons, it will calm the situation.”

Adigun also urged Imams to play a role in the fight against insecurity even if the government refuses to recognize them.

Nigeria is currently passing through serious insecurity challenges.

The country has witnessed a rise in the activities of banditry and kidnapping in the North with Boko Haram also attacking.

Bandits have made students their primary targets.

On Thursday, bandits had attacked the Federal Government College in Birnin-Yauri and abducted students and teachers of the school.

During the incident, one of the abducted students was shot dead.

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2021/06/20/nigerian-govt-should-pay-salary-to-religious-leaders-to-tackle-insecurity-imams/

Re: Nigerian Govt Should Pay Salary To Religious Leaders To Tackle Insecurity –imams by Bola146(f): 8:57am On Jun 20, 2021
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Govt Should Pay Salary To Religious Leaders To Tackle Insecurity –imams by Temidayo9(m): 9:06am On Jun 20, 2021
Money for Angel consultation? grin angry angry grin grin
Re: Nigerian Govt Should Pay Salary To Religious Leaders To Tackle Insecurity –imams by lathrowinger: 9:07am On Jun 20, 2021
God forgive me o

Be like Alfa need money

He wan marry another wife cool
Re: Nigerian Govt Should Pay Salary To Religious Leaders To Tackle Insecurity –imams by Bahamas95(m): 9:09am On Jun 20, 2021
I won't say what's on my mind now because they will definitely ban me.

Dem don ban me for crime section already, can't face another one.

Re: Nigerian Govt Should Pay Salary To Religious Leaders To Tackle Insecurity –imams by Wawelexy(m): 9:15am On Jun 20, 2021
Civil servant wey go work mon-fri sef never see im salary collect, na alfa buhari go cum pay? Keep decieving urselves.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Govt Should Pay Salary To Religious Leaders To Tackle Insecurity –imams by tatutatu(m): 9:28am On Jun 20, 2021
beasts of no nation
Re: Nigerian Govt Should Pay Salary To Religious Leaders To Tackle Insecurity –imams by Nobody: 9:29am On Jun 20, 2021
See were Nigeria has gotten ton
Re: Nigerian Govt Should Pay Salary To Religious Leaders To Tackle Insecurity –imams by dlaw70(m): 9:31am On Jun 20, 2021
Idiats
Re: Nigerian Govt Should Pay Salary To Religious Leaders To Tackle Insecurity –imams by bewla(m): 9:48am On Jun 20, 2021
Another bad talk from evil forest
Re: Nigerian Govt Should Pay Salary To Religious Leaders To Tackle Insecurity –imams by Monogamy: 9:57am On Jun 20, 2021
So Imams are waiting to be paid before they do their civic duty?

Las las, Religion na scam
Re: Nigerian Govt Should Pay Salary To Religious Leaders To Tackle Insecurity –imams by updatechange(m): 10:12am On Jun 20, 2021
Real enemies of Nigeria
Re: Nigerian Govt Should Pay Salary To Religious Leaders To Tackle Insecurity –imams by Nuelito: 10:13am On Jun 20, 2021
Which kin kontri be this? undecided
Re: Nigerian Govt Should Pay Salary To Religious Leaders To Tackle Insecurity –imams by clarocuzioo(m): 12:25pm On Jun 20, 2021
Hungry Imams. Indeed hunger bad. I know these Imams will be wishing they were Pastors to be flying private jets and balling hard.
Re: Nigerian Govt Should Pay Salary To Religious Leaders To Tackle Insecurity –imams by RichBoy247: 12:27pm On Jun 20, 2021
The useless Imam should be arrested, prosecuted, jailed and then publicly executed.

He is saying this nonsense because his extortion gimmicks did not work, so he is unable to buy private jets like his counterparts in the other business centres
Re: Nigerian Govt Should Pay Salary To Religious Leaders To Tackle Insecurity –imams by gbaskiboy: 12:28pm On Jun 20, 2021
See thieves everywhere
Re: Nigerian Govt Should Pay Salary To Religious Leaders To Tackle Insecurity –imams by OBALOLA55(m): 12:32pm On Jun 20, 2021
SUPPORTED cool
Re: Nigerian Govt Should Pay Salary To Religious Leaders To Tackle Insecurity –imams by OBALOLA55(m): 12:34pm On Jun 20, 2021
Bola146:
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
MUNAFUKAI
Re: Nigerian Govt Should Pay Salary To Religious Leaders To Tackle Insecurity –imams by edoairways: 12:54pm On Jun 20, 2021
I just dey observe

Re: Nigerian Govt Should Pay Salary To Religious Leaders To Tackle Insecurity –imams by gambia(m): 1:01pm On Jun 20, 2021
This must be a joke, I know some gullible people will subscribe to it. This is not a spiritual warfare, so nobody should bring prayer and fasting into the situation.
Re: Nigerian Govt Should Pay Salary To Religious Leaders To Tackle Insecurity –imams by Vickym1(f): 1:02pm On Jun 20, 2021
because this govt support and benefit from them that's why insecurity is having a field day in Nigeria
Re: Nigerian Govt Should Pay Salary To Religious Leaders To Tackle Insecurity –imams by Flyingngel(m): 2:00pm On Jun 20, 2021
But why is this country like this?

(1) (Reply)

Anambra 2021: Dr. Godwin Maduka To Emerge PDP Candidate, Chidoka As Running Mate / Twitter, Facebook: IPOB To Launch Biafra Social Media Platform – Simon Ekpa / Reps Allege Lopsidedness In Navy Recruitment, Demand Suspension Of Exercise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.