Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,815 members, 7,889,671 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 05:50 PM

Did Nigerians Deserve All These Mess - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did Nigerians Deserve All These Mess (855 Views)

Nigerians Deserve Truth About Buhari’s Sudden Vacation – Fayose / Bayelsa Bombing & Water Pollution: When Did Nigerians Become This silly? / What Did Nigerians Really Achieved From The Just Concluded National Confrence? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Nigerians Deserve All These Mess by raphillo: 4:12am On Jul 15, 2007
ummmmmmmmmmm, no light, no water, no good roads and people are dying of hunger, statistics shows it that over 60% of our population are leaving below poverty level and some selfsh humanbeings keep declaring billions has their asset, majority of nigerians has loss faith in the system because things are getting bad everyday, i pray for a divine intervention from God Almithy.
Re: Did Nigerians Deserve All These Mess by desgiezd(m): 12:18pm On Jul 16, 2007
The Nigerian situation is a paradox that defies understanding. I do not think there is any other country in the world that is so richly endowed in  mineral resources like Nigeria. While some countries have one, two or three mineral resource(s), Nigeria has almost all the mineral resources that are available in the world, including Uranium that is  used in the Atomic Energy industry. What then is the problem? Why are our leaders concentrating all their energies on Petroleum only?

A trip from Southern Nigeria to the North would reveal different types of vegetaion which is in tandem with the varying weather conditions that prevail from the South to the North. This means that those crops that could not be cultivated in the south can either be cultivated in the Middle Belt or in the North.

This, also, is a country that does not suffer from wind storms, cyclones, land slides and other natural disasters as are common in other countries.

Population wise, Nigeria is blessed with a large, strong, hard working population. A population that is so resilient and whose needs are basic in nature.

I ask again, what then is the problem? Can we blame God for His special interest in this country and for blessing us so tremendously? Nigeria, my country, our country, is, indeed, a paradox.
Re: Did Nigerians Deserve All These Mess by angel101(f): 12:30pm On Jul 16, 2007
NO Nigerians dont deserve the half of what we are being forced to live with.
Re: Did Nigerians Deserve All These Mess by denex: 12:42pm On Jul 16, 2007
Nigerians do not strive to provide more than is already available to them.

By the way, abeg make una dey even try master English small before posting a topic. We "did" not deserve this kind of lingual harassment.
Re: Did Nigerians Deserve All These Mess by angel101(f): 12:47pm On Jul 16, 2007
lol!!! ;d
Re: Did Nigerians Deserve All These Mess by raphillo: 10:48pm On Jul 17, 2007
hello mr good english, for me i think the most important thing is for u to understand the message which i think u do why complainning, nawa for u o.
Re: Did Nigerians Deserve All These Mess by naijaway(m): 11:08pm On Jul 17, 2007
I think denex said it all with that one line/sentence by saying Nigeria do not strive to provide more than is available to them. A few examples to this from my point of view are: we have all those resources but we need to import people to tell us what to do with them, we have been going two to five miles to fetch a bucket of water but in other countries outside of Africa by now they deviced some form of help either with rollers or some other forms, up till now with a country that is plagued with power failures none of our people have made any headline in being the person that found an inexpensive way or innovative way to bring light without sapping every kobo from people; In israel, they are plagued with terrorism so they are on top of their game, in the US they are plagued with rogue states that want to undermine their power so they are on top of their game, in Europe they are plagued with immigration and migration issues so they are on top of their game even if it means sinking ur boat, etc Our own is always trying to make profits in a year after investing unlike developed places that go 10 and more years to be able to tell u that they are making profits.
Re: Did Nigerians Deserve All These Mess by Harlex(m): 5:32am On Jul 18, 2007
please lets learn to corrent in love
Re: Did Nigerians Deserve All These Mess by ThoniaSlim(f): 7:07am On Jul 18, 2007
hhhhmmm, snorts love. keep dreaming.
Re: Did Nigerians Deserve All These Mess by babasin(m): 4:37pm On Jul 18, 2007
Did Nigerians Deserve All These Mess

YES, YES, YES, YES

grin cheesy grin

thats what happened if you siddon look and not fight your life.

Fela said it all.

The world has simply moved away from Nigeria; they only taking one thing they need: OIL
Re: Did Nigerians Deserve All These Mess by simplyme3(f): 4:39pm On Jul 18, 2007
what have you contributed to make it beeter apart from talking about these so called ills? Do you pay tax? Do you obey rules? Do you do what is right in all cases?
Re: Did Nigerians Deserve All These Mess by jaso1(m): 5:09pm On Jul 18, 2007
Simpli mi or whatever you call yourself! with those grievances provided in your comment you seem to be novice of the primary objectives the leaders in your country.
somebody trying to express his own opinion about inefficiency of his country leader instead of you to make a positive impact but reverse ought your case 2ru your utterance, I'm sorry for your ilk were thrown in coma.
Re: Did Nigerians Deserve All These Mess by simplyme3(f): 6:37pm On Jul 18, 2007
jas_o:

Simpli mi or whatever you call yourself! with those grievances provided in your comment you seem to be novice of the primary objectives the leaders in your country.
somebody trying to express his own opinion about inefficiency of his country leader instead of you to make a positive impact but reverse ought your case 2ru your utterance, I'm sorry for your ilk were thrown in coma.

You are one of those imbeciles who abuse people on this site without any reason, must my opinion agree with yours or with anyone else? If u see negativity in Nigeria and I see positivity, how is that my problem? You simply have to be ignored.
Re: Did Nigerians Deserve All These Mess by raphillo: 10:52pm On Jul 18, 2007
simpli mi, u are one of the few people when they have small money with them they think others too are comfortable, unless if we want to deceive ourselves, both the human and mineral resurces we have in this country is enough to make us leave like other develop countries of the world, but where is nigeria today, no doubt our leaders have fail us but we hope and pray for change.
Re: Did Nigerians Deserve All These Mess by simplyme3(f): 7:31pm On Jul 19, 2007
Even in the rich countries, everybody pays tax, obeys the rule of law and does what is right at all times, hence the citizens contribute to building their nation, this is my question, Nigeria is bad - ok, leaders a re corrupt, ok - no more news, question is, what r u as a person doing to better the lot of the country - do u pdo what is right? at all times? this is the question.
Re: Did Nigerians Deserve All These Mess by raphillo: 1:15am On Jul 21, 2007
simpli mi, for me in my own little i think am doing what is right, but i dont blame nigerians in most cases because if u know what poverty has turn alot of life too in this country u wont be talking like that, i have come to realise that poverty affect human thinking, so in country where the higher number of is citizens are living below poverty level dont u see that as a very big probem, we need to hold our leaders responsible for all this mess.
Re: Did Nigerians Deserve All These Mess by raphillo: 2:44am On Jul 28, 2007
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
simpli mi, for me in my own little way i think am doing what is right, but i don't blame nigerians in most cases because if u know what poverty has turn alot of life too in this country u wont be talking like that, i have come to realise that poverty affect human thinking, in country where the higher number of is citizens are living below poverty level don't u see that as problem, we should hold our leaders responsible for all this mess.
Re: Did Nigerians Deserve All These Mess by egoldman(m): 6:43am On Jul 28, 2007
Good point , but why posting three times wink

(1) (Reply)

George Galloway's Suspension / Fct Minister : A Calabar Man Any Hope? / How Can Peace Be Restored In Okene ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.