Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,612 members, 7,951,548 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 06:06 PM

Senate President Lawan Blames Saraki For Buhari, APC Failure I - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate President Lawan Blames Saraki For Buhari, APC Failure I (859 Views)

Anambra: Igbokwe Wails Over Apc’s Failure, Says Igbos Will Remain Onlookers / Ahmad Lawan Blames South-West Governors For Killings In Shasha Market, Ibarapa / Buhari: MURIC Blames Saraki For Impeachment Threat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate President Lawan Blames Saraki For Buhari, APC Failure I by November1857(m): 8:55am On Jun 23, 2021
Senate President Lawan Blames Saraki For Buhari, APC Failure

The Saraki-led National Assembly endured a torrid relationship with the executive, as it sought to assert its authority as the second tier of government.

Senate President Ahmad Lawan has attributed the failure of the All Progressives Congress government under President Muhammadu Buhari to the power struggle between the executive and the National Assembly during Bukola Saraki's tenure.

Saraki served as the 13th President of the Senate of Nigeria during President Buhari's first term from 2015 to 2019.

According to Lawan, who succeeded Saraki, the All Progressives Congress government could not fulfil its electoral promises to the electorate during its first term because the two bodies did not have a cordial relationship.

Lawan said this at the First Progressives Youth Conference 2021, on Monday night in Abuja, PeoplesGazette reports.

He said, "When we were voted in 2019 as leaders of the National Assembly, we were conscious of one thing, that the mandate that was given to us by Nigerians in 2015 had suffered disruption and dislocation.

"For four years (2015 to 2019), our government could not perform optimally because of the then crisis between the parliament – the National Assembly – and the Executive arm of government.

"So, A.P.C. had already lost four very important years. And, that was supposed to be the year that we should have convinced Nigerians that they took the right decision by voting out a PDP administration in 2015."

The Saraki-led National Assembly endured a torrid relationship with the executive, as it sought to assert its authority as the second tier of government.

The Senate in 2018 rejected Buhari's request for $1billion for the purchase of arms. It also refused to confirm former head of anti-graft agency Ibrahim Magu as EFCC chairman.

The upper legislative chamber also had brushes with some heads of government agencies and cabinet members such as Customs boss Hamid Ali, former finance minister Kemi Adeosun. It sacked Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Babachir Lawal.

http://saharareporters.com/2021/06/23/senate-president-lawan-blames-saraki-buhari-apc-failure

Re: Senate President Lawan Blames Saraki For Buhari, APC Failure I by Seniorwriter(m): 8:57am On Jun 23, 2021
November1857:
Senate President Lawan Blames Saraki For Buhari, APC Failure

Senate President Ahmad Lawan has attributed the failure of the All Progressives Congress government under President Muhammadu Buhari to the power struggle between the executive and the National Assembly during Bukola Saraki's tenure.

Saraki served as the 13th President of the Senate of Nigeria during President Buhari's first term from 2015 to 2019.

According to Lawan, who succeeded Saraki, the All Progressives Congress government could not fulfil its electoral promises to the electorate during its first term because the two bodies did not have a cordial relationship.

Lawan said this at the First Progressives Youth Conference 2021, on Monday night in Abuja, PeoplesGazette reports.

He said, "When we were voted in 2019 as leaders of the National Assembly, we were conscious of one thing, that the mandate that was given to us by Nigerians in 2015 had suffered disruption and dislocation.

"For four years (2015 to 2019), our government could not perform optimally because of the then crisis between the parliament – the National Assembly – and the Executive arm of government.

"So, A.P.C. had already lost four very important years. And, that was supposed to be the year that we should have convinced Nigerians that they took the right decision by voting out a PDP administration in 2015."

The Senate in 2018 rejected Buhari's request for $1billion for the purchase of arms. It also refused to confirm former head of anti-graft agency Ibrahim Magu as EFCC chairman.

The upper legislative chamber also had brushes with some heads of government agencies and cabinet members such as Customs boss Hamid Ali, former finance minister Kemi Adeosun. It sacked Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Babachir Lawal.

http://saharareporters.com/2021/06/23/senate-president-lawan-blames-saraki-buhari-apc-failure
FTC.
#SoroSoke werey
Werey wey dey disguise!! SMH
Laughable knowing that this President of a clueless rubberstamp arm of government is still playing the blame game even when it's obvious he lacks the leadership ability! SMH.
Mofo...

We need young visionary leaders not these bunch of charlatans parading themselves in government positions.

#We Mooove.

@Seniorwriter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate President Lawan Blames Saraki For Buhari, APC Failure I by Nobody: 9:03am On Jun 23, 2021
This picture has finally been Translated grin grin grin

Re: Senate President Lawan Blames Saraki For Buhari, APC Failure I by Jostoman: 9:04am On Jun 23, 2021
I just hope SARAKI will not stoop too low to reply this bring any file I will sign senate president. Saraki don't allow them drag you to their clueless government o.

2 Likes

Re: Senate President Lawan Blames Saraki For Buhari, APC Failure I by Tinubuadvocate: 9:07am On Jun 23, 2021
Bukola Saraki should be trial again. Nigerians should blame bukola for any failure of this government.
Re: Senate President Lawan Blames Saraki For Buhari, APC Failure I by inoki247: 9:10am On Jun 23, 2021
ok
Re: Senate President Lawan Blames Saraki For Buhari, APC Failure I by Jostoman: 9:16am On Jun 23, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
Bukola Saraki should be trial again. Nigerians should blame bukola for any failure of this government.
very soon you and your senate president will still go and blame abacha for APC failure.

3 Likes

Re: Senate President Lawan Blames Saraki For Buhari, APC Failure I by Ladiesdoctor(m): 9:37am On Jun 23, 2021
Pot dey call kettle black!

As far as naija is concern Saraki happens to be the best Senate Presido.
He pocketed Buhari, he pocketed Kyari, he pocketed the cabal.
Lawan wey be complete rubber stamp senate presidio?
Taaaaa

2 Likes

Re: Senate President Lawan Blames Saraki For Buhari, APC Failure I by Moferere: 9:41am On Jun 23, 2021
In fact Saraki is responsible for leaking roof of the national assembly.

Unfortunate lots, they blame everybody except themselves.

3 Likes

Re: Senate President Lawan Blames Saraki For Buhari, APC Failure I by tolufase: 9:51am On Jun 23, 2021
Since this clueless APC led governments have blamed everybody on earth for their failure, they might be need for them to start blaming God for the remaining of their tenure.

1 Like

Re: Senate President Lawan Blames Saraki For Buhari, APC Failure I by Mossadd: 10:06am On Jun 23, 2021
Buhari has performed excellently since you got to that post,Buhari second term performance has really shown that saraki was the problem and he should be held responsible for buhari first and second term failure
Re: Senate President Lawan Blames Saraki For Buhari, APC Failure I by SimplyShit: 10:11am On Jun 23, 2021
This blame game is too much already...

Everybody's blaming everybody

(1) (Reply)

‘let Justice Prevail’ — Emekesiri, IPOB ‘founder’,speaks On Nnamdi Kanu’s Arrest / Where Is Sunday Igboho?? / BREAKING! IPOB. US Congressman Chris Smith Accuses Nigerian Govt And Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.