Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,817 members, 7,886,190 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 03:19 AM

This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. (5218 Views)

Chioma Is Beautiful, Why Davido Like Ugly Girls As Side Chicks / Revealed: See Why Davido Cannot Legally Marry Chioma. / Davido Will Not Marry Chioma. Here Is Why (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. by Infolenka: 2:12pm On Jun 23, 2021
It takes a lot for an African to win a Grammy award. There are very limited categories for African artistes and only a very unique and revolutionary artiste can bag a Grammy. American artistes can get away with singing cliche songs but not an African artistes.

Here are the reasons why Davido will never win a Grammy.

1. He only sings about sex, women and money. Compare that with burna boys songs that bite deep into issues ailing Africans and paints a very artistic representation of the typical Nigerian society; our culture, attitudes and lifestyle, with his music.

2. There is no revolutionary or powerful message in Davido's songs.

3. His songs don't really cut across genres. He only sings the same stale afrobeat songs that thousands of artistes are singing. Only that he does it better.

I think artistes like Fireboy, Rema and Omah lay will win a Grammy before Davido.

9 Likes

Re: This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. by Opemiposii(f): 2:19pm On Jun 23, 2021
undecided goan sing urx and win your grammy.. ah

8 Likes

Re: This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. by chatinent: 2:21pm On Jun 23, 2021
I wonder what this guy thinks Rema and Omah Lay sing either. Besides, isn't the Grammy overrated?

I am yet to find a useful Rema's song.

Omah Lay is all about the rhymes, no meaningful lyrics.

Talk about lyrics, talk about Johnny Drille.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. by HRSweetness(f): 2:22pm On Jun 23, 2021
OP, you are absolutely correct. But vapid followers of Davido will tell you that you are being a hater LOL.
Re: This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. by Infolenka: 2:36pm On Jun 23, 2021
chatinent:
I wonder what this guy thinks Rema and Omah Lay sing either. Besides, isn't the Grammy overrated?

Lol. Rema's song was included in FIFA 21 and he did a live performance at the premier. Rema can sing a multitude of genres and is very versatile as an artiste. He is even bigger abroad than he is in Nigeria.

Omah Lay's Lolo video has done better to promote "Africaness" than any video Davido has ever done, and that's saying a lot.

Omah Lay's songs have meaningful lyrics that are delivered in a form that the average Nigerian on the street can relate to. He infuses street talk and slangs into his lyrics and still manages to stay on the theme. That's not easy. That's why a lyrical legend like Tuface came out to say he is Omah lay's biggest fan.
Listen to Hey brother for instance. That's a very deep song with very powerful lyrics. No davido's song can make such emotional impact.

Also, Omah Lay's sound is just different, almost futuristic. Dude is a musical Maverick

6 Likes

Re: This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. by espn(m): 2:43pm On Jun 23, 2021
chatinent:

I tell you...When I listen to Rema...all I see is garbage...Omaha lay...rubbish...

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. by Infolenka: 2:45pm On Jun 23, 2021
espn:
I tell you...When I listen to Rema...all I see is garbage...Omaha lay...rubbish...

It's not my fault you have a low musical IQ

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. by espn(m): 2:53pm On Jun 23, 2021
Infolenka:

It's not my fault you have a low musical IQ
I think making my opinion known should have warranted an insult...Well your father has a low IQ...It is not your fault you have one too...

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. by chatinent: 2:55pm On Jun 23, 2021
Infolenka:

Lol. Rema's song was included in FIFA 21 and he did a live performance at the premier. Rema can sing a multitude of genres and is very versatile as an artiste. He is even bigger abroad than he is in Nigeria.

Omah Lay's Lolo video has done better to promote "Africaness" than any video Davido has ever done, and that's saying a lot.

Omah Lay's songs have meaningful lyrics that are delivered in a form that the average Nigerian on the street can relate to. He infuses street talk and slangs into his lyrics and still manages to stay on the theme. That's not easy. That's why a lyrical legend like Tuface came out to say he is Omah lay's biggest fan.
Listen to Hey brother for instance. That's a very deep song with very powerful lyrics. No davido's song can make song emotional impact.

Also, Omah Lay's sound is just different, almost futuristic. Dude is a musical Maverick

I won't want to sound brusquely but believe me, brother, Rema's affiliation with Fifa doesn't mean he sings reasonably. It could possibly be he has a reasonable connection with them.

Omah Lay's tunes are good for the rhymes...in reality, I mean pen-and-paper reality, he sings rubbish.

Don't get me wrong. These singers could offer better but the world doesn't want better; it wants the rubbish so they do it for the money.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. by chatinent: 2:56pm On Jun 23, 2021
espn:

I dey tell you.

Dem get connect come blow no mean say dem sing reasonably.

I prefer lyrics to rhymes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jun 23, 2021
only grand Pa award he fit smell for his life... father of all tribe ... amu e zuike 1 of Yoruba land

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. by espn(m): 2:59pm On Jun 23, 2021
chatinent:

I dey tell you.

Dem get connect come blow no mean say dem sing reasonably.

I prefer lyrics to rhymes.
Yes you are 100% right...Music should be about message...That is why someone like fela will always remain relevant. He is always passing one message or the other.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. by Infolenka: 3:01pm On Jun 23, 2021
espn:
I think making my opinion known should have warranted an insult...Well your father has a low IQ...It is not your fault you have one too...

Insulting my father doesn't faze me bro, lol

I said you have a low musical IQ but apparently you aren't just _retarded musically.
Re: This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. by espn(m): 3:03pm On Jun 23, 2021
Infolenka:

Insulting my father doesn't faze me bro, lol

I said you have a low musical IQ but apparently you aren't just _retarded musically.

Am in a good mood...just let the sleeping dog lie...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. by Blackmoran(m): 3:32pm On Jun 23, 2021
What is your point? To win Grammy is not by how good your song is, it is all about branding and good management... Am a burna boy fan but this album twice as tall is rubbish to me apart of 4 tracks which are , way too big, 23, alarm clock, wetin dey sup.. The rest to me is unlike burna.... In conclusion Grammy is overated...

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. by Cerebellum: 3:47pm On Jun 23, 2021
Infolenka:
It takes a lot for an African to win a Grammy award. There are very limited categories for African artistes and only a very unique and revolutionary artiste can bag a Grammy. American artistes can get away with singing cliche songs but not an African artistes.

OP, you be mumugrin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. by Cholls(m): 4:41pm On Jun 23, 2021
chatinent:

my brother it's a figure of speech, I think what he meant is even if Grammy organizers reduce the criteria to win a Grammy people like Omah Lay and Rema will win it before Davido
Re: This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. by Opemiposii(f): 5:55pm On Jun 23, 2021
HRSweetness:
OP, you are absolutely correct. But vapid followers of Davido will tell you that you are being a hater LOL.
tongue
HRSweetness:
Re: This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. by Queenserah26(f): 6:00pm On Jun 23, 2021
OP, they are coming for you grin
Re: This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. by bepositive11: 6:19pm On Jun 23, 2021
Who cares about Grammy? Davido has millions of fan all around the world. He's probably the best Nigerian singer by far

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. by johnbush(m): 6:52pm On Jun 23, 2021
Infolenka:

1. He only sings about sex, women and money. Compare that with burna boys songs that bite deep into issues ailing Africans and paints a very artistic representation of the typical Nigerian society; our culture, attitudes and lifestyle, with his music.

3. His songs don't really cut across genres. He only sings the same stale afrobeat songs that thousands of artistes are singing. Only that he does it better.

I think artistes like Fireboy, Rema and Omah lay will win a Grammy before Davido.

what rubbish! do you even know what you are talking about?
have you heard of lady Gaga, Eminem, Beyonce ... they've all got Grammies.
Re: This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. by Feddie3(m): 7:09pm On Jun 23, 2021
His money will buy the soul of your father
Re: This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jun 23, 2021
So why u post am for romance section...you wan fvck Davido??

3 Likes

Re: This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. by Kenneth10110(m): 8:33pm On Jun 23, 2021
chatinent:

Rema's peace of mind song is useful

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. by DarkPheonix: 8:36pm On Jun 23, 2021
Grammy or no Grammy Davido is a talented and hardworking artiste.
Re: This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. by KingDash: 8:36pm On Jun 23, 2021
Infolenka:

agreed... very wack songs.
Re: This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. by Vero4u: 8:42pm On Jun 23, 2021
Blackmoran:
What is your point? To win Grammy is not by how good your song is, it is all about branding and good management... Am a burna boy fan but this album twice as tall is rubbish to me apart of 4 tracks which are , way too big, 23, alarm clock, wetin dey sup.. The rest to me is unlike burna.... In conclusion Grammy is overated...
bank on it. Rubbish? Real Life Rubbish? Level up Rubbish? Time Flies Rubbish? You sure say you be Burnaboy fan or a disguised hater.
Re: This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. by cassbeat(m): 8:48pm On Jun 23, 2021
Blackmoran:
If twice as tall is rubbish to you sing your own....
Re: This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. by Anymoment: 9:16pm On Jun 23, 2021
Na oversabi dey worry una, the main and primary purpose of music is not to pass any message to anybody but Music's “to express and modulate emotion. Music's primary use is mood control. We sing lullabies to soothe babies – which works very well when language fails.“ all musicians must not be political activist or advisers, you can be a love music artist, feel good musician, etc. and you saying Rema sings rubbish is another clear attestation that you don’t know good songs or na multinational quotes you Dey look for, Rema came to limelight as a 17 years old boy, he needed to identify his audience and give them what they like and that he did perfectly, he has great songs with great lyrics far better than songs from Wizkid and Davido, you can’t tell me you have a better music exposure than Obama that included him on his songs of the year list , he came with his style people were mocking and calling him Indian. But a lot of your favorite artist are copying this Rema style today, eg buju, fireboy etc. and about Omah lay, I just give up for your matter, oma lay has better lyrical proficiency than Wizkid and Davido, he passes his message in a way he infuses street ot’s to his lyrics in a way that makes it acceptable by all ages, what I love most about Omar lay is his deep lyrical proficiency. I am not a fan of these guys and I don’t listen to much of naija jams but these guys are fire, I listen to more of alte sounds from naija jams, tems, tay iwar, odunsi, santi,sdc, boj, etc. who do you listen to ?
chatinent:

I won't want to sound brusquely but believe me, brother, Rema's affiliation with Fifa doesn't mean he sings reasonably. It could possibly be he has a reasonable connection with them.

Omah Lay's tunes are good for the rhymes...in reality, I mean pen-and-paper reality, he sings rubbish.

Don't get me wrong. These singers could offer better but the world doesn't want better; it wants the rubbish so they do it for the money.
Re: This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. by Blackmoran(m): 9:17pm On Jun 23, 2021
Vero4u:
bank on it. Rubbish? Real Life Rubbish? Level up Rubbish? Time Flies Rubbish? You sure say you be Burnaboy fan or a disguised hater.
if you are a die hearth buna fan you will know that all those track you mention is unlike burna.... Na strategy..
Re: This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. by siofra(f): 9:30pm On Jun 23, 2021
Please you people should leave Rema and Omah lay they sing songs our generation can relate to, don't force your boring old people songs on us.

Does it really matter if Davido wins a Grammy? He's bigger than both Wizkid and Burna Boy though I'm not a fan of either Wizkid, Davido or Burna Boy.

But do you know that when someone asks an average Nigerian to mention a Nigerian artiste, 60% percent of the time, Davido's name will be the first from their lips.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. by Vero4u: 9:56pm On Jun 23, 2021
Blackmoran:
if you are a die hearth buna fan you will know that all those track you mention is unlike burna.... Na strategy..
die harth? Abeg go sleep. I was dragging with a blackmoron indeed.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Are Nigerian Women Naturally Born Beggers?[pictures Of The Begger] / How F*ck Go Dey Hungry Person Every Day Every Day / Current Trend Among Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.