Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,294 members, 7,900,629 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 02:29 PM

Ogun Fire Service Uses Jerry Cans To Refill Water Truck (Video) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun Fire Service Uses Jerry Cans To Refill Water Truck (Video) (32754 Views)

Director Of Fire Federal Service Uses Convoy With Fire Truck Included to a Bar / Anibaba: A Former Councillor In Lagos Pushing Truck (Video) / Army Bans Sale Of Petroleum Products In Jerry Cans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun Fire Service Uses Jerry Cans To Refill Water Truck (Video) by AsawanaDgreat: 7:45pm On Jun 25, 2021
If you are waiting for Naija fire service to put out your burning house then your name is sorry.
Re: Ogun Fire Service Uses Jerry Cans To Refill Water Truck (Video) by aigjoey(m): 7:49pm On Jun 25, 2021
That's not water please. They are pouring AFFF (Aqueous Film Forming Foam) into the tank. It is used to form a blanket around the fire.

Ask questions please.

3 Likes

Re: Ogun Fire Service Uses Jerry Cans To Refill Water Truck (Video) by danski: 7:54pm On Jun 25, 2021
BigSarah:
grin... At least they kuku get fire truck, not like those in MFM osun state they were quenching fire with prayers.

Pig wat has mfm got to do wit dis topic
Bleep you
Asshole
Re: Ogun Fire Service Uses Jerry Cans To Refill Water Truck (Video) by Ayemileto(m): 7:59pm On Jun 25, 2021
WibusJaga:
Makes no sense.
That's most likely a fire-retardent chemical being added to the water.

Yeah. I have been finding someone that will make that reasonable comment since.

And your comment was the first I will see.

Most Nigerians can't think, see the way they are all raving, without taking a moment to think about things.
Re: Ogun Fire Service Uses Jerry Cans To Refill Water Truck (Video) by judges: 8:06pm On Jun 25, 2021
The problem the country is having is foundational problem. The three major language are deceiver to one country. The country is just like a man that want to build house with mould block and did foundation with the mould block because he have little or no money at beginning and later have money and continue with cement block. He would destroy the foundation before change block but is considering how he suffer to build the foundation. Tomorrow one side of the house want to collapse and time he continue to called brick layer to mould pillar.
Re: Ogun Fire Service Uses Jerry Cans To Refill Water Truck (Video) by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jun 25, 2021
doctore212:
I think it should be a chemical that can help in fire fighting.

Think of it how many gallons will fill that tank.

I felt so. It must be chemical. But is that the right place to mix chemicals? They should always be combat-ready anytime any day.

See their American counterparts at the recent building collapse in Florida. I don’t say we should have gotten to this level but, at least, we should have reached half of this.

Re: Ogun Fire Service Uses Jerry Cans To Refill Water Truck (Video) by Abujason: 8:10pm On Jun 25, 2021
obembet:
Ogun state fire service department was seen using Jerry cans to refill their water truck as there was fire outbreak from a gas explosion on a bridge.

Source:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwcB4MVVYSY

grin grin grin grin grin grin
THIS COUNTRY EHN, WALLAHI!!!
Re: Ogun Fire Service Uses Jerry Cans To Refill Water Truck (Video) by MIKOLOWISKA: 8:13pm On Jun 25, 2021
socialmediaman:
Think about this! If you observe Nigeria since independence, you’ll notice the country has been dilapidating slowly, gradually. The country has not been getting better, it’s been getting worse, while the population continues to rise. Oil revenue is dwindling, it will dwindle further. Corruption has been on the increase, it will get worse, not better, because it’s entrenched in our civil and public service culture now.

Insecurity is not going away anytime soon because there’s high unemployment, corruption, political thuggery, religious and politically motivated violence, communal clashes, and violent college cultism. To cap it all, there’s gun smuggling around the country allegedly in collusion with rogue members of the police and military. All these I mentioned on this paragraph have been on the rise from the 60s to this day, none has become better

If you’re hoping that someday Nigeria will be better, on what basis is that hope hinged upon? Even if we all decide to do the right thing (which will most likely NEVER HAPPEN), it will take decades of consistency (at least 15 to 20 years) to build the infrastructure, rebuild the institutions, acquire the level of education and technocrats needed to plan, execute, manage, maintain, and advance the system… and where will the money come from?

Why am I telling you this? So you can get real with your hopes and expectations, and know exactly what future you’re leaving for your kids. It’s my job to inform you what lies ahead, but it’s your job what you do with the information.
so get busy so that the 20 yrs doesn't become 40
Re: Ogun Fire Service Uses Jerry Cans To Refill Water Truck (Video) by Urchmantete: 8:15pm On Jun 25, 2021
Them for kukuma dey pour am for the fire with the jerry can
Re: Ogun Fire Service Uses Jerry Cans To Refill Water Truck (Video) by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jun 25, 2021
socialmediaman:
Think about this! If you observe Nigeria since independence, you’ll notice the country has been dilapidating slowly, gradually. The country has not been getting better, it’s been getting worse, while the population continues to rise. Oil revenue is dwindling, it will dwindle further. Corruption has been on the increase, it will get worse, not better, because it’s entrenched in our civil and public service culture now.

Insecurity is not going away anytime soon because there’s high unemployment, corruption, political thuggery, religious and politically motivated violence, communal clashes, and violent college cultism. To cap it all, there’s gun smuggling around the country allegedly in collusion with rogue members of the police and military. All these I mentioned on this paragraph have been on the rise from the 60s to this day, none has become better

If you’re hoping that someday Nigeria will be better, on what basis is that hope hinged upon? Even if we all decide to do the right thing (which will most likely NEVER HAPPEN), it will take decades of consistency (at least 15 to 20 years) to build the infrastructure, rebuild the institutions, acquire the level of education and technocrats needed to plan, execute, manage, maintain, and advance the system… and where will the money come from?

Why am I telling you this? So you can get real with your hopes and expectations, and know exactly what future you’re leaving for your kids. It’s my job to inform you what lies ahead, but it’s your job what you do with the information.
Bros chain!! Reading your peice make fear catch me o. What do you suggest we do? All of us no fit run now.
Re: Ogun Fire Service Uses Jerry Cans To Refill Water Truck (Video) by anataala: 8:34pm On Jun 25, 2021
FFS are trying
Shabaleen:
naija fire service is a total joke!
Re: Ogun Fire Service Uses Jerry Cans To Refill Water Truck (Video) by avidleo: 8:49pm On Jun 25, 2021
Foam Concentrate is being poured into the fire engine's water tank.

Gas fires are fought this way.

obembet:
Ogun state fire service department was seen using Jerry cans to refill their water truck as there was fire outbreak from a gas explosion on a bridge.

Source:

1 Like

Re: Ogun Fire Service Uses Jerry Cans To Refill Water Truck (Video) by Olumba2020: 8:50pm On Jun 25, 2021
The most useless ministry for naija area.
Re: Ogun Fire Service Uses Jerry Cans To Refill Water Truck (Video) by sheanzy(m): 8:52pm On Jun 25, 2021
olufolarin2222:
If 25litres of water will fill a keg, calculate how many keg, that will fill a fire tank?
in other to solve your question, u need to provide the amount of litres the tank is.
Re: Ogun Fire Service Uses Jerry Cans To Refill Water Truck (Video) by History555: 9:53pm On Jun 25, 2021
For those saying that is chemical foam being poured. I doubt it because the foam agent is comes in blue gallons not yellow gallons. Secondly that is not where foam is poured. It's usually at the tail end of the truck. So that must be water
Re: Ogun Fire Service Uses Jerry Cans To Refill Water Truck (Video) by Burgerlomo: 10:01pm On Jun 25, 2021
grin

Meanwhile in a country like God's own country (America), there are fire hydrants everywhere for easy access to water during emergency.

Re: Ogun Fire Service Uses Jerry Cans To Refill Water Truck (Video) by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jun 25, 2021
socialmediaman:

Do you pray and hope more than Somalians or Syrians, and are you more dedicated to your religion more than people in Borno and Yobe? Your country is what you build out of it, not what you hope it will become someday without putting the structures in place. What structure is Nigeria currently putting in place for a better tomorrow? In fact, in 10 to 15 years time you'll see the effects of our poor education system first hand, because that's when graduates from the system become the public servants, politicians and leaders of the society.

The population will continue to grow, and resources to cater for the population will continue to dwindle. Nigeria will not pack up, no country does, it will only be a place where one is either rich by virtue of your connection with the corrupt system and elites who fight over the meagre resources, or very poor by virtue of their poor education, poor paying jobs and inability to afford expensive housing, education and services. The society will be insecure to foreigners and Nigerians living abroad, and the cycle goes on and on.

There is racism abroad but it doesn't take away your 24/7 access to electricity, drinking water, access to good education, good paying jobs and facilities that only the rich can afford in Nigeria. Your struggles are different in advanced societies. In those places, you worry about work and other things, not about basic things like electricity, water, road safety of daily commute and even education for your kids.

Every society has its problems and racism is something the society continues to work on though it may not go away. But what is Nigeria working on, in comparison? By the way, what's the difference between tribalism and nepotism within your country vs racism outside your country?

In a sentence, what advice would you give us, the Nigerians?
Re: Ogun Fire Service Uses Jerry Cans To Refill Water Truck (Video) by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jun 25, 2021
Limassol:
some of the most religious countries like England, italy and Germany didnt rely solely on prayer to magically solve the multitude of problems plaguing them in the 19th and 20th century. I suggest you read on how they overcame that to be who they are today.

I guess you have read about how they overcame, so what efforts are you, as a citizen, putting into achieving the same feat? Or, what advice do you have for the Nigerians?
Re: Ogun Fire Service Uses Jerry Cans To Refill Water Truck (Video) by wallrichy: 10:22pm On Jun 25, 2021
Nothing shocks me again in this shithole when I saw FAAN personnel pushing an aeroplane at MM1 Lagos.

It's a ridiculous country we have all found ourselves....
Re: Ogun Fire Service Uses Jerry Cans To Refill Water Truck (Video) by tranxo(m): 10:26pm On Jun 25, 2021
post=103087153:
There is a big truck of gas waiting to explode and one boy still has the mind to stay close and nearby and recording on his phone telling people about the truck about to explode while some people are searching for water!!

Just one gbooosssaaa and that will be the end of his Techno phone.
Wisdom matters in life sha.

About the truck, how many Jerry cans will filled up that truck (a brand new fire truck tho, we can't take that away!)
But what is a brand new fire truck gonna do without water in it?
There was a country!

Amen and a very big Amen.
May God continue to keep us all safe and sound.

We Rise
That can't be gallons of water. Probably an additive necessary to fight the type of fire on the ground

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogun Fire Service Uses Jerry Cans To Refill Water Truck (Video) by socialmediaman: 11:11pm On Jun 25, 2021
SimplyFacts:

In a sentence, what advice would you give us, the Nigerians?

In one sentence, I’m only a messenger, my job is to deliver the message to you, it’s up to you what you do with the message.
Re: Ogun Fire Service Uses Jerry Cans To Refill Water Truck (Video) by SweetDipBenny(m): 11:17pm On Jun 25, 2021
Shabaleen:
naija fire service is a total joke!
U get wat u paid for grin
Re: Ogun Fire Service Uses Jerry Cans To Refill Water Truck (Video) by DSoj(m): 12:09am On Jun 26, 2021
I"diot Calling buhari.
Re: Ogun Fire Service Uses Jerry Cans To Refill Water Truck (Video) by Jonathan39: 12:11am On Jun 26, 2021
The state with Audio IGR grin grin
Re: Ogun Fire Service Uses Jerry Cans To Refill Water Truck (Video) by Nobody: 12:12am On Jun 26, 2021
Beancounter93:
Ogun tax to gdp ratio is below 3%

New York tax to.gdp ratio is above 30%

There is a reason why one has modern firefighting equipment and one has ancient equipment.

But tell Nigerians we need to pay taxes

1. We are.poor

2. The politicans will loot the money ( and when you tell them it is their job to.see the politicans don't loot their money they then blame the Hausas).

No problem. Auntie Christine and Auntie Liu will give us another loan if we ask nicely

Should we have the rulers we have at all?
Should the politicians here exist??

I need bombs and support from non-politicians to ensure certain things

We will share the spoils after the drama
Re: Ogun Fire Service Uses Jerry Cans To Refill Water Truck (Video) by Jonathan39: 12:14am On Jun 26, 2021
Nigeria is parking up whether you like it or not
SimplyFacts:

For as long as Naija does not get better, we would continue to suffer either at home or abroad. Even if we manage to get citizenship in white lands, racism would continue to be a thorn in our flesh. The best we can do is to keep praying & hoping things get better. And before Naija packs up, higher % of African countries must have packed up. There are worse nations out there whose citizens still pray they have a country as Nigeria.

If you think you are poor, don't forget some people are poorer.
Re: Ogun Fire Service Uses Jerry Cans To Refill Water Truck (Video) by opribo(m): 2:02am On Jun 26, 2021
Hahaha

This country will never cease to amuse me.
What does it take to provide a functional service truck.

Our problem is bigger than we envisage.
Re: Ogun Fire Service Uses Jerry Cans To Refill Water Truck (Video) by kazma1010(m): 6:06am On Jun 26, 2021
It chemical dat dy are putting in d tank, it happen yr and n Lagos self in my present, dy could av but it before dy come der
Re: Ogun Fire Service Uses Jerry Cans To Refill Water Truck (Video) by Dododawa01: 7:21am On Jun 26, 2021
obembet:

Source:

This news writer is an ignorant.

How could such a big Water tender of about 5500 liters be rifiled with just 25 liter keg?
This video was taken during the fire outbreak that occurred on Tuesday 22nd June at ogere area of Lagos Ibadan express way.

The type of fire that is burning here is CLASS B & C FIRE which involves flammable liquid like, PMS, Diesel, LPG etc.
These two classes of fire can't be fought or extinguish with ORDINARY WATER.
As such, a chemical known as FOAM COMPOUND needs to be added to the water in order to fight the fire effectively.

And that is what the Firemen were doing before this quack journalist took their video shot.

THE WRITER IS A QUACK SENSATIONAL JOURNALIST DISHING OUT WRONG INFORMATION TO THE SOCIETY.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

COAS Lagbaja Deploys Army To South-East To Counter IPOB’s Sit-At-Home Order / Saraki Pays Surprise Visit To Akume / Read What EFCC Said About MMM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.