Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,937 members, 7,935,977 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 08:26 PM

How UNILAG Murder Suspect Was Arrested At Her Parents Home - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How UNILAG Murder Suspect Was Arrested At Her Parents Home (5252 Views)

Children Rescued From Ondo Church Refuse To Follow Parents Home / Caroline Kangogo Found Dead At Her Parents’ Home / Police Arrested Me Because Of My Dressing, Murder Suspect Confesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How UNILAG Murder Suspect Was Arrested At Her Parents Home by ChangetheChange: 6:30pm On Jun 24, 2021
The Commissioner of Police in the state, Hakeem Odumosu, said Ojukwu was arrested at her parents’ residence in the Yaba area of the state on Wednesday night.

A 21-year-old student of the University of Lagos, Chidinma Ojukwu, has revealed that she withdrew a sum of N380,000 from the bank account of the Chief Executive Officer of Super TV, Usifo Ataga, after she stabbed the 50-year-old businessman to death in the Lekki area of Lagos State.

Ojukwu, who spoke when paraded at the Lagos State Police Command headquarters in Ikeja on Thursday, said she withdrew the money using the automated teller machine card of the deceased.

The Commissioner of Police in the state, Hakeem Odumosu, said Ojukwu was arrested at her parents’ residence in the Yaba area of the state on Wednesday night.

Ojukwu, a 300-level student of Mass Communication, said she had been in a romantic relationship with Ataga for about four months before the ugly incident occurred on June 15, 2021, at a Short Service Apartment, situated at No 19, Adewale Oshin Street, Lekki, Phase 1, Lagos.

Ojukwu said she told her parents she was going for an ushering job but she lodged with Ataga.

The undergraduate said she and Ataga were “having fun” when an argument broke out and she stabbed him twice.

Ojukwu said, “We were in the lodge smoking. He was trying to make advances on me. I was tired and he became violent on it. I let him have his way. Towards afternoon, he ordered roofies. We took it together and ate food. He became high. I was still not happy with the first one (sex) that we had, so, I was staying on my own, smoking and drinking. He, too, was on his own.

“He came to me and I was like I am not happy with what he did. I was like, ‘You don’t help me, you don’t assist me with anything, you are just playing with me around’. He was like, ‘Take my ATM and withdraw what you want.

“He later became violent trying to get to me and I was resisting and defending myself. At some point, he hit my head on the wall and I also retaliated.

“At some point, he was chasing me around the kitchen cabinet. I took a knife and stabbed his neck. I approached the door and he followed me. I stabbed him twice on the neck side. I threw the knife to the bed and he was going for it but I also went for it. He dragged the knife with me and it broke and he fell on the floor.”

The undergraduate also confessed that after stabbing the late CEO, she withdrew N380,000 from his account using his ATM card.

“While he was lying there, I looked for where he kept the keys and left.

“I withdrew some money, about N380,(000). Five million (naira) wasn’t withdrawn from his account, it was N380,(000),” she said.

The undergraduate, who said she felt “disappointed”, added that she wanted to use the money to pay her bills.

While the owner of the rented apartment where the tragic incident took place had been arrested, Odumosu said Ataga’s accounts had been blocked to prevent further withdrawals by those taking advantage of his untimely death to deplete the accounts.

Meanwhile, Odumosu said, “The case will be charged to court as soon as investigation is concluded.”

https://punchng.com/after-stabbing-super-tv-ceo-i-withdrew-n380k-from-his-account-not-n5m-21-year-old-unilag-student/?utm_source=auto-read-also&utm_medium=web

Re: How UNILAG Murder Suspect Was Arrested At Her Parents Home by mrfreestuff: 6:42pm On Jun 24, 2021
This girl ehn! shocked She didn't try at all!

6 Likes

Re: How UNILAG Murder Suspect Was Arrested At Her Parents Home by ChangetheChange: 6:43pm On Jun 24, 2021
mrfreestuff:
This girl ehn! shocked

U sabi the babe

1 Like

Re: How UNILAG Murder Suspect Was Arrested At Her Parents Home by mrfreestuff: 6:46pm On Jun 24, 2021
ChangetheChange:

U sabi the babe
No. It's the audacity of returning home and still probably keeping her parents in the dark that got me. She's a 300l Mass Comm student so she probably met him during Work student experience.

Superman Ataga truly jammed a Superpower Ojukwu girl. No wonder the room can't accommodate the two of them and within 4 months, one has to leave the earth for the other. That's the combined effect of them both of them swimming in the sin drugs,alcohol, infidelity sex . So much for one of the Leaders of the same media always quick to dragg politicians and religious leaders; they are even worse off! Smh

15 Likes

Re: How UNILAG Murder Suspect Was Arrested At Her Parents Home by BigSarah(f): 6:49pm On Jun 24, 2021
Hmm, seems like a case of self defense...
If true, then I withdraw my comments on the previous thread, I pray and hope she gets a good defense and deserving justice..

Why did she withdraw? My opinion she was stranded and the deceased already promised her money, and she has already earned that money 360k through sexual relations...
The story seems like a likely scenario, she probably shouldn't have withdrawn money from his account that's the dent here...

Please I'm only reacting based on her explanation, edakun biko free me...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How UNILAG Murder Suspect Was Arrested At Her Parents Home by bolayei: 6:50pm On Jun 24, 2021
Let's imagine he didn't die or she didn't stab him but resisted him but he still got his way, then later on or in the future she come.out and claim he raped her. Nigerians will say provide evidence abi.

Sorry girl prison awaits you and RIP to the guy

5 Likes

Re: How UNILAG Murder Suspect Was Arrested At Her Parents Home by adedehinbo(m): 6:52pm On Jun 24, 2021
Lol
Re: How UNILAG Murder Suspect Was Arrested At Her Parents Home by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jun 24, 2021
Hmmm

I think the parents wasn't aware their daughter is the one that was the suspected killer.

Many parents have seen nwiii in her of their children

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How UNILAG Murder Suspect Was Arrested At Her Parents Home by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jun 24, 2021
mrfreestuff:
No. It's the audacity of returning home and still probably keeping her parents in the dark that got me. Superman Ataga truly jammed a superpower Ojukwu

Exactly.

The parent might even hear the news without knowing their daughter is the culprit..

Wonders

3 Likes

Re: How UNILAG Murder Suspect Was Arrested At Her Parents Home by ChangetheChange: 7:02pm On Jun 24, 2021
BigSarah:
If true, then I withdraw my comments on the previous thread, I pray and hope she gets a good defense and deserving justice..

Self defense? and she attempted to withdraw 5 Millon Naira from the victim's account but succeeded in withdrawing 350 thousand Naira from his account before the police got an order to instruct the bank to block the account, and she also ordered a dispatch rider who has been n police custody since last week to bring her a substance to drug the victim. Bro this is a premeditated murder, she had it all planned put. She will spend rest of her life in kirikiri.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: How UNILAG Murder Suspect Was Arrested At Her Parents Home by Akudaisi: 7:02pm On Jun 24, 2021
Make Dem judge this case we'll biko,she might be a runs bae but she is a human and have right to defend herself if the dude actually attacked him
Re: How UNILAG Murder Suspect Was Arrested At Her Parents Home by Finnestgreat: 7:10pm On Jun 24, 2021
BigSarah:
it would have been self defense if she had only stabbed him but after stabbing him,she still withdrew 380k from his account.

7 Likes

Re: How UNILAG Murder Suspect Was Arrested At Her Parents Home by Tinubuadvocate: 7:11pm On Jun 24, 2021
Okay
Re: How UNILAG Murder Suspect Was Arrested At Her Parents Home by Tinubuadvocate: 7:14pm On Jun 24, 2021
[s]
BigSarah:
[/s] shior

1 Like

Re: How UNILAG Murder Suspect Was Arrested At Her Parents Home by portplus: 7:24pm On Jun 24, 2021
Sometimes I wonder if this "hole" is not the same globally...
And on-top my energy and my money Ooooo embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

I wonder what will be going through mind of his wife and kids...

3 Likes

Re: How UNILAG Murder Suspect Was Arrested At Her Parents Home by thot(m): 7:30pm On Jun 24, 2021
Result of bad gang. That man sef no try

1 Like

Re: How UNILAG Murder Suspect Was Arrested At Her Parents Home by kilonshele101(m): 7:44pm On Jun 24, 2021
A beautiful murderer

4 Likes

Re: How UNILAG Murder Suspect Was Arrested At Her Parents Home by babyfaceafrica: 7:47pm On Jun 24, 2021
BigSarah:
and withdrew money abi?.. Make una dey think now

3 Likes

Re: How UNILAG Murder Suspect Was Arrested At Her Parents Home by ObiOfOnistha: 7:58pm On Jun 24, 2021
Ojukwu the robber and murderer
Re: How UNILAG Murder Suspect Was Arrested At Her Parents Home by TalkTalkTwins(m): 8:02pm On Jun 24, 2021
Nawa o
Re: How UNILAG Murder Suspect Was Arrested At Her Parents Home by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jun 24, 2021
She might be working for a love-vendor who arranges runs girls from universities to hook up with Aristos.
She get strong mind to stab a hefty man.Who knows this might be her 4th time to kill rich men.

3 Likes

Re: How UNILAG Murder Suspect Was Arrested At Her Parents Home by Judybash93(m): 8:11pm On Jun 24, 2021
BigSarah:

I think going to withdraw money from his account after the whole thing gives her away. Moreover, how many times did she stab him?
Re: How UNILAG Murder Suspect Was Arrested At Her Parents Home by nubiangod9(m): 8:17pm On Jun 24, 2021
Police no even touch the girl, see as she still fresh, grin, if it was a reverse case scenario ehn, Ataga go don get bloodshot eye from beating that our hungry police men would met out to him, all the same the future is female, perhaps the future came sooner than we expected. undecided

ChangetheChange:

Self defense? and she attempted to withdraw 5 Millon Naira from the victim's account but succeeded in withdrawing 350 thousand Naira from his account before the police got an order to instruct the bank to block the account, and she also ordered a dispatch rider who has been n police custody since last week to bring her a substance to drug the victim. Bro this is a premeditated murder, she had it all planned put. She will spend rest of her life in kirikiri.
Perhaps it was the guy that ordered the drugs as the killer said in her statement, halucinogens and all these drugs screws the mind up and sends it to a limbo state. She might plead insanity but Jail time is 1000% sure
Re: How UNILAG Murder Suspect Was Arrested At Her Parents Home by Sunmolar(m): 8:19pm On Jun 24, 2021
Just make the money kind of up bringing is not far fetch

Love of Money is the root of all evil.

Let's put aside the flimsy flimsying.

1 Like

Re: How UNILAG Murder Suspect Was Arrested At Her Parents Home by gambia(m): 8:33pm On Jun 24, 2021
Wasted people, she gained nothing, while Ataga lost everything.

1 Like

Re: How UNILAG Murder Suspect Was Arrested At Her Parents Home by Gainman: 8:42pm On Jun 24, 2021
BigSarah:
you are seriously mad. Gold digger like u will be trying to defend this murderer. If it was your blood brother or your son she killed this way,will be talking like an idiot. U think there police men are fools like u that will believe her cheap lies. So a poor girl following a billionaire will be resisting him to have sex with her for your mind? Even me at this my simple level still dey control chicks talk less of d billionaire. Kai women are wicked and foolish. Only a devil like I will be defending this girl.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: How UNILAG Murder Suspect Was Arrested At Her Parents Home by Gainman: 8:49pm On Jun 24, 2021
Akudaisi:
Make Dem judge this case we'll biko,she might be a runs bae but she is a human and have right to defend herself if the dude actually attacked him
I pray a lift like this will kill your brother or son while trying to defend himself in this way. Say amen to my prayer. Police no be mumu like u. She dey defend herself and she went to withdraw his money and went home peacefully without even any conscience at all. Sleeping and eating fine in her home when her hands her soaked with human blood. I believe she must have committed d same crime b4 this one. Stop being a fool

4 Likes

Re: How UNILAG Murder Suspect Was Arrested At Her Parents Home by DonBenny77(m): 8:52pm On Jun 24, 2021
Occupational hazards
Re: How UNILAG Murder Suspect Was Arrested At Her Parents Home by Gainman: 8:53pm On Jun 24, 2021
nubiangod9:
Police no even touch the girl, see as she still fresh, grin, if it was a reverse case scenario ehn, Ataga go don get bloodshot eye from beating that our hungry police men would met out to him, all the same the future is female, perhaps the future came sooner than we expected. undecided

Perhaps it was the guy that ordered the drugs as the killer said in her statement, halucinogens and all these drugs screws the mind up and sends it to a limbo state. She might plead insanity but Jail time is 1000% sure
stop reasoning with with your anus. A girl Stab a man more than 2 times and u are here saying rubbish. I believe if it was to be your brother u will not be foolish like this.

1 Like

Re: How UNILAG Murder Suspect Was Arrested At Her Parents Home by Hoodbilonia: 9:25pm On Jun 24, 2021
Lies. He asked us withdraw wt his card,then he started fighting u then u stabbed him n got his card to withdraw. Secondly what amount was debited on his sim by the bank. 380k n 5m na long journey. Die bitch

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jigawa Man Caught Having Sex With Goat. Boasts They're Sexier Than Women! / BREAKING! Young Man Killed In Ughelli Was An Armed Robber, He Stole The Lexus / A Trip To Libya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.