Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,108 members, 7,939,473 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 06:35 AM

Where Are The Pro-ohakims? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Are The Pro-ohakims? (820 Views)

The Urhobo Nation Has Disowned The Pro-biafra Agitators / Success Of The Pro-corruption Agenda Of Goodluck Jonathan / #anonymous Responds To Being Labeled As "Terrorists" By The Pro-israeli Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Are The Pro-ohakims? by teddydonny: 11:21am On May 07, 2011
Re: Where Are The Pro-ohakims? by alexleo(m): 11:37am On May 07, 2011
^^^they ve been buried in their own shame.
Re: Where Are The Pro-ohakims? by citizenone: 11:39am On May 07, 2011
They were only paid to help
win the elections

They were not paid to mourn the loss with him
Re: Where Are The Pro-ohakims? by teddydonny: 11:45am On May 07, 2011
Re: Where Are The Pro-ohakims? by Dede1(m): 12:33pm On May 07, 2011
teddydonny:

I don't mean to be sarcastic or harsh, but the Pro Ohakims argued foolishly angry

In electioneering pitch, there is no foolish argument. Granted there must be a winner or loser in any contest, the assumed winner shall never forget to be humble. Bear in mind this is democracy and in most cases the final result does not follow the referendum.
Re: Where Are The Pro-ohakims? by jmaine: 1:51pm On May 07, 2011
Did we really have conspicuous pro Ohakim members ? . . undecided undecided . . .but nevertheless , The PDP is still the winner in Imo cos Rochas is a PDP through and through except that he is highly philanthropic in human capital development . . if he can translate that into Imo State , not just human but infrastructural  development. .then all will be well with Imo . . . after his stint as a governor of Imo state  . . i see Rochas heading for the presidency shot with more zest and gut unlike his earlier trial . .who knows whether he will still be in APGA or he will do an "Ohakim" and head back to the PDP lair claiming he was on a sabbatical  cheesy cheesy . . Congrats to all Imolites especially the Imo students association in UNILAG who rooted for Rochas whether in victory or in defeat . . It's Okorocha all the way, Can we say hello to increase in academic grants and scholarship to Imo students all over the globe  grin grin . . . Imo students lucky to get Okorocha as governor, make me rush go change my state of Origin ( Oluwole certified) to IMO  tongue tongue . .
Re: Where Are The Pro-ohakims? by kasiem(m): 2:25pm On May 07, 2011
U dont treat ppl who lose in a game this way, inorder avoid reinvigorating do or die politics in subsequent elections. All people must not support the same person.
Re: Where Are The Pro-ohakims? by Nobody: 3:24pm On May 07, 2011
Yes I was Pro-Ohakim and there is nothing wrong about that. The right to choose and differ is the hallmark of democracy.

Congratulation to Rochas Okorocha now lets get back to the business of Governance. 2yrs from Now Rochas will also be unrecognisable because he will also begin to feel the heat from the kitchen, Imo state politics is tough, people are very opinionated and stubborn in Imo so it will definitely not also going to be an easy ride for Rochas. It is one thing to be a Philantropist and quite another to be a political leader. Lets hope for the sake of Imo State Rochas becomes an effective leader.

We have seen all these empty emotions before in Anambra State, now we all know better.

If those in opposition politics can be 10% as grown up as those in PDP especially when they loose or are loosing our country will be better for it. I personally accept this result as the will of Ndi-Imo. However if Ohakim won this election freely and fairly most of you will start shouting "rigging" because your prefered candidate did not win. This is a very despicable tactic and not in the democratic interest of any state or any country because lets face it anybody can rig and anybody can be accused of rigging. If we continue to promote a culture where individuals can only accept elections are free and fair when their prefered candidate wins then there will never be any free and fair elections in this country no matter who emerges victoriuos or how perfect the process may be.

One again Congrats to Rochas and may God bless the people of OUR Imo State.
Re: Where Are The Pro-ohakims? by adconline(m): 3:41pm On May 07, 2011
there is no campaign after election!
Re: Where Are The Pro-ohakims? by houvest: 5:36pm On May 07, 2011
mikeansy:

Yes I was Pro-Ohakim and there is nothing wrong about that. The right to choose and differ is the hallmark of democracy.

Congratulation to Rochas Okorocha now lets get back to the business of Governance. 2yrs from Now Rochas will also be unrecognisable because he will also begin to feel the heat from the kitchen, Imo state politics is tough, people are very opinionated and stubborn in Imo so it will definitely not also going to be an easy ride for Rochas. It is one thing to be a Philantropist and quite another to be a political leader. Lets hope for the sake of Imo State Rochas becomes an effective leader.

We have seen all these empty emotions before in Anambra State, now we all know better.

If those in opposition politics can be 10% as grown up as those in PDP especially when they loose or are loosing our country will be better for it. I personally accept this result as the will of Ndi-Imo. However if Ohakim won this election freely and fairly most of you will start shouting "rigging" because your prefered candidate did not win. This is a very despicable tactic and not in the democratic interest of any state or any country because lets face it anybody can rig and anybody can be accused of rigging. If we continue to promote a culture where individuals can only accept elections are free and fair when their prefered candidate wins then there will never be any free and fair elections in this country no matter who emerges victoriuos or how perfect the process may be.

One again Congrats to Rochas and may God bless the people of OUR Imo State.

Yes I know you were sincere but wrong just as you were when Ohaneze endorsed Jonathan, however there were many that were bought to campaign for Ohakim on NL and it was obvious from the get-go. However if you were in Imo recently, you would never have countenanced an Ohakim win because out of every 10 or 20 persons, you would see 1 pro- Ohakim person. The latest result showed the gulf. If such a gap existed in only 4 lgs even with an Ohakim/ Ararume raproachment, you can imagine what would have happened if the previous one was fare.
Re: Where Are The Pro-ohakims? by teddydonny: 5:37pm On May 07, 2011
Re: Where Are The Pro-ohakims? by Nobody: 6:23pm On May 07, 2011
teddydonny:

@mikeansy: What is free and fair election? It seems from your point of view that you omitted something. When the will of the majority is manipulated, does that amount to a "free and fair" verdict? Anyway, no mean conception intended here. And will appreciate your reply to this.

Free and fair election is not electoral results conforming with whatever projections you have in your head. The only institutions ordained by law to pronounce the result of any election or to cancel it are INEC and the law court respectively.

It is the duty of all responsible citizens to go and vote and then allow INEC to do their job. Dropping tantrums like if elections are free and fair then Mr A must win, otherwise it would have been rigged is simply shameful and irresponsible. There are so many legitimate reasons why election can swing one way or the other on election day. To assume that the result of the election can only have one outcome otherwise it would have been rigged, is the very reason people hacked their countrymen to death in the North believing that the electoral views of their friends or immediate community is somehow representative of the general view of the whole country.

This is why I say in order to sustain democracy, certain acceptable behaviours are expected not just of those in power but also of those seeking power.
Re: Where Are The Pro-ohakims? by Pukkah: 6:37pm On May 07, 2011
And what's the point in looking for Ohakim's supporters? Is it to taunt or tease them? Try to be magnanimous in victory and remember that the equation of life is not linear.
Re: Where Are The Pro-ohakims? by Dede1(m): 6:55pm On May 07, 2011
mikeansy:

Free and fair election is not electoral results conforming with whatever projections you have in your head. The only institutions ordained by law to pronounce the result of any election or to cancel it are INEC and the law court respectively.

It is the duty of all responsible citizens to go and vote and then allow INEC to do their job. Dropping tantrums like if elections are free and fair then Mr A must win, otherwise it would have been rigged is simply shameful and irresponsible. There are so many legitimate reasons why election can swing one way or the other on election day. To assume that the result of the election can only have one outcome otherwise it would have been rigged, is the very reason people hacked their countrymen to death in the North believing that the electoral views of their friends or immediate community is somehow representative of the general view of the whole country.

This is why I say in order to sustain democracy, certain acceptable behaviours are expected not just of those in power but also of those seeking power.

This is a practically well written prose. It could not have been written any better. The hysterical build up of wild electoral assumptions based on self-centered ideology leads to anti-social behaviors as evidenced in northern region of Nigeria.
Re: Where Are The Pro-ohakims? by Nicklee(m): 7:20pm On May 07, 2011
mikeansy:

There is absolutely no sense in what you have said. There is no democracy unless the wishes of the people have been done. People have been victims of massive rigging and the activities of unscrupulous elements. And we also know who thees people are and who they are supporting. So it requires common sense logic to figure who and where these elements are manipulating votes. I have said it over and over, until Nigerians are ready to defend their votes with their blood, we will continue to be taken for a ride. This is exactly what Imo people did. Go to Owerri and see the massive jubilation - not even one single fight broke out. Now imagine if Ohakim had rigged his way in, there would have been war in Imo by now. The point is - we have been bitten by these guys and we know who they are. We have seen our votes cast and collated at the PU, only to hear the announcement of a completely different result. We know these people, we know where they live and we know what they do. Elections have been rigged over and over and over in Nigeria. Ohakim won the first election by sheer rigging. He also rigged this present elections too. The evidences are there and the people (the real Imolites) know who these guys are.
Re: Where Are The Pro-ohakims? by gernded(m): 7:43pm On May 07, 2011
WHO IS ASKING FOR OHAKIM BOYS?

CAN YOU EAT YOUR CAKE AND HAVE IT? SIMPLY NO ,WHY DO I SAY THAT:

(1)YOU HAVE SEND US OUT OF GOVERNMENT HOUSE AND YOU ARE STILL LOOKING FOR US OR WOULD YOU LIKE US TO DO SOMETHING FOR YOU ?
OR DO YOU WANT TO KILL US PHYSICALLY AND THROW US INSIDE THE SEA THE WAY THEY DID TO DIS BROS.

ANYWAY WE STILL DEY AROUND THE STATE OUR JOB WILL NOW CHANGE TO ECONOMIC SABOTEUR'S.

ALL IS JOKE ,IN ROCHAS WE STAND.
Re: Where Are The Pro-ohakims? by Nobody: 7:44pm On May 07, 2011
Nicklee:

There is absolutely no sense in what you have said. There is no democracy unless the wishes of the people have been done. People have been victims of massive rigging and the activities of unscrupulous elements. And we also know who thees people are and who they are supporting. So it requires common sense logic to figure who and where these elements are manipulating votes. I have said it over and over, until Nigerians are ready to defend their votes with their blood, we will continue to be taken for a ride. This is exactly what Imo people did. Go to Owerri and see the massive jubilation - not even one single fight broke out. Now imagine if Ohakim had rigged his way in, there would have been war in Imo by now. The point is - we have been bitten by these guys and we know who they are. We have seen our votes cast and collated at the PU, only to hear the announcement of a completely different result. We know these people, we know where they live and we know what they do. Elections have been rigged over and over and over in Nigeria. Ohakim won the first election by sheer rigging. He also rigged this present elections too. The evidences are there and the people (the real Imolites) know who these guys are.

Another childish response without careful rationalization of issues. How do you know what the wish of the people actually is without counting the people's vote? You can not know who should or should not win an election because there are all too many legitimate reasons why the outcome of election can be inconsistent with your expectation. Elections are not determined by conjectures, postulations, speculations or how much emotions gets riled up. What actually counts is number of votes. It is also possible for some candidates to lead in all oppinion polls before election only for on election day their supporters sit at home out of complacency or opponents organise a better get-out-the-vote drive OR something called bradley effect can happen where people say they will vote for one person and actually vote another.

So to promote a culture where people can assume what the outcome of an election should be and if the end result does not conform to their expectation then they should start shedding blood is simply a recipe for catalysis. Remember nobody has monopoly of violence. Now that Rochas clearly won this election, an Ohakim supporter is well in his right to believe that Ohakim should have won. Are you saying it will be ok if such group of people choose to defend their immaginary victory with their blood and the blood of others?

You people speak sometimes as if you invented democracy. Democracy itself is designed to take care of any misgivings, so to promote a culture of violence based on your private expectations is very dangerous. I think this is irresponsible and it makes me believe that some of you can not be trusted with power. Imagine all of a sudden you have balkanised the debate into who are real imolites and who is not. May be those of us who do not agree with you politically are no longer imolites?
Re: Where Are The Pro-ohakims? by Nobody: 7:50pm On May 07, 2011
OHAKIM ACCEPTS DEFEAT, CONGRATULATES OKOROCHA
By Our reporter 46 minutes ago
Font size:
Defeated incumbent governor of Imo State, Ikedi Ohakim has congratulated the winner of the state governorship election, Owelle Rochas Okorocha of the All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA).

In a statement issued Saturday by Ohakim, titled ‘Imo State Must Move On’, the governor said “the good people of the state have spoken. I congratulate my brother and friend, Owelle Rochas Anayo Okorocha” .

“The election has been keenly contested. Emotions ran high. The state has been polarized in the course of this election. I want to remind Imo people that we fought an election, not a war.

“Two most important legacies, among other legacies, I want to leave to Imo State are democracy and peace. As a democrat, I allowed the process to go on, in spite of overwhelming contentious issues. As a lover of peace, I called for calm and rejected violence.

“The task before all of us now as leaders is to move our state forward. The process of healing must begin now. Every leader who loves this State must help heal the scars of the election. I appeal to all those who have issues with the election, particularly those whose logos were omitted on the ballot to consider sheathing their sword. I have decided not to challenge the election in court. It is not my wish that my successor in office should suffer the distractions that were my lot for four years. Imo is bigger than all of us.

“I shall help my successor in every way possible to succeed. Imo State must move on and have peace. I thank Imo people for giving me the opportunity to serve them and for their support. In whatever capacity I find myself in future, I shall still serve Imo State with all my heart” Ohakim stated.
http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news-update/5365-ohakim-accepts-defeat-congratulates-okorocha.html

(1) (Reply)

Behold Naija's 1st Family And The First Lady / South-west Pdp To Reclaim House's Speakership Position / Boko Haram: Why Is The Sultan Quiet?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.