Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,220 members, 7,913,469 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 07:46 AM

False Spirits Invade The Church - WOLF or WOF - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / False Spirits Invade The Church - WOLF or WOF (3742 Views)

Masquerades Invade Church, Flog Pastors, Worshipers On August 31, 2015 At 5:36 / 10 Unbiblical/unspiritual Practices Thriving In The Church / Conquering Marine Spirits. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: False Spirits Invade The Church - WOLF or WOF by pastormustwacc: 1:46am On Jan 07, 2013
Na wa o
Re: False Spirits Invade The Church - WOLF or WOF by truthislight: 9:20am On Jan 07, 2013
Joagbaje: frosbel,
when you attribute the workings of Gods spirit to the devil, it is called blasphemy. why would church copy hinduism why can you think that the devil imitates the holyspirit as his custom is. the holy spirit works in divers ways. did jesus shadow heal the sick?. but peters shadow did. did jesu use handkerchief to heal the sick? no but paul did it. the fact that the egyptians magician turned rods to snake like Moses did not mean Moses was a magician. satan may have counterfeit for every truth, but that should not make us destroy the faiths of others by calling truths counterfeit.Jesus didn't tell the apostles everything. he sent the holy spirit to do the job. laying on of hands has always been a principle in God. the facts that certain religion practice should not make us destroy the original.

it was the apostles of christ that laid hands on newly baptism decisples to receive the gift of the holy spirit to do powerful works.

But the disciples that received the gift of the holy spirit from the apostles could not passed it on to others as the apostles did.

When the apostles that had the power/authority to passed on the gift of the holy spirit died out, and also the other disciples that received the gift of the spirit from the apostles but cannot passed it to other people also died off,
why do you think that the original true gift of the almighty God spirit used for powerful works was still spreading after the dead of the apostles that passed it to others?

This people were baptised by other disciples but this disciples that baptised them cannot pass the gift to them.
See:

Acts 8:14-19
14 When the apostles in Jerusalem heard that Samaria had accepted the word of God, they sent
Peter and John to Samaria. 15 When they arrived, they prayed for the new believers there that they
might receive the Holy Spirit, 16 because the Holy Spirit had not yet come on any of them; they had
simply been baptized in the name of the Lord
Jesus. 17 Then Peter and John placed their hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit. 18 When Simon saw that the Spirit was given at the laying on of the apostles’ hands, he offered them
money 19 and said, “Give me also this ability so that everyone on whom I lay my hands may
receive the Holy Spirit.”

It was the apostles that have the capacity to passed on the gift of the spirit while the recipient from the apostles could not.

That is why the apostle paul could say this:

"Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved." (2 Thessalonians 2:9-10).

Yes, when the apostles that had the power to pass this gift of the spirit were no more the subsequent set of people without contradiction will not have the genuine thing an as such satan will take over and it will serve to deceive Those that will not search the scriptures to find out the truth for themselves.

and also say this:

"Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away." (1 Corinthians 13:8 )

cool

*edited*

read also from verse 9 of acts 8 to 14 :

9 Now for some time a man named Simon had practiced sorcery in the city and amazed all the
people of Samaria. He boasted that he was
someone great, 10 and all the people, both high and low, gave him their attention and exclaimed,
“This man is rightly called the Great Power of God.” 11 They followed him because he had amazed them for a long time with his sorcery. 12 But when they believed Philip as he proclaimed the good
news of the kingdom of God and the name of
Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and
women. 13 Simon himself believed and was baptized. And he followed Philip everywhere,
astonished by the great signs and miracles he saw. 14 When the apostles in Jerusalem heard that Samaria had accepted the word of God, they sent
Peter and John to Samaria. 15 When they arrived, they prayed for the new believers there that they
might receive the Holy Spirit, 16 because the Holy Spirit had not yet come on any of them; they had
simply been baptized in the name of the Lord
Jesus. 17 Then Peter and John placed their hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit. 18 When Simon saw that the Spirit was given at the laying on of the apostles’ hands, he offered them
money 19 and said, “Give me also this ability so that everyone on whom I lay my hands may
receive the Holy Spirit.”
Re: False Spirits Invade The Church - WOLF or WOF by alexleo(m): 10:32am On Jan 07, 2013
And sometimes they do all those shaking and noise making as if its where the healing lies. Jesus remains the healer but sometimes you these pastors behaving as if they are the healers.
frosbel:

First of all I am all for healing, deliverance etc etc. But in the bible healing was never accompanied by violent shaking or other diabolic shows, ONLY demonic  possession exhibited such traits.

The issue I am talking about here, is the jerking, wild shaking, gold dust animal noises etc etc. These are not of GOD period.

Be careful that in the process of looking for signs and wonders you are NOT led into error.

Remember the most important thing is to follow holiness and peace with ALL men without which NO man will see GOD.

Do not be among the deceived, read your bible.

"For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect." Matthew 24:24.

"Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders." II Thessalonians 2:9.
Re: False Spirits Invade The Church - WOLF or WOF by truthislight: 10:40am On Jan 07, 2013
Joagbaje: It's wrong tanybody like this. Did defend anybody? I only pointed issues out of scriptures. You don't blaspheme against the holy spirit because some non Christians groups do similar thing. You don't generalise on such matters. God is still God

I've not watched Deren brown video because I thought it's one of the ones you sent to me before , If it's not one of them ,I will watch and comment.

i had asked you, since it was the apostles that had the power to pass on the gift of the spirit and the other disciple that did received from the apostles could not passed it on, how come that the true gift of the almighty God is still being available today even after the apostles that can only pass it to others have died off?

God did not send it directly to the newly baptised then but needed the apostles to go lay hands on the new disciples, how come today people that did not even see the apostles claim to have and can pass it to others when the early disciple did not have the ability to pass it to others and did not receive it on getting baptised but waited on the apostles laying of hands?

And why is it that they were baptised but did NOT have the gift of the spirit?

Why was there a need for a disciple to want to pay for/buy the power to be able to pass it on to others?

If it was not being transfer by the disciples how is it that you want us to belief that the power around today is of the almighty God and not of satan when the apostles have all died off?
The disciples have all died off also.

afteral we have been warned by this same apostles that know how it works?

Will the almighty and satan be into the same business at the same time? No.

In the period of the Jews it was a form of worship that the almighty have abandon that satan always jumped into.

1. God abandon worship in the mountains then satan took it over.

2. God abandon worship in the temple but today people strugle for the ruins of the temple.

The gift of the spirit had served a purpose of the NT and gave us a guide to worship the almighty in the christian way and that is what that is needed today, worship "in truth".

"For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth." (1 Timothy 2:3-4).

why do we still need God and satan struggling for miracles when Jesus had ask us to pray that God's kingdom should come and handle all of human infirmities?

See what Jesus said about worship:

"The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet. Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship,

"Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.

You worship what you do not know: we know what we worship: for salvation originated from the Jews. " (John 4:19-22)

"But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father

in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. " (John 4:23-24).

When it comes to fixing of all of mankind problames, this is what the plans of the almighty is:

"And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God,

"And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes;

and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away." (Revelation 21:3,4)

If you say that you are using the power of the almighty to do your miracle today, what then is the kingdom of God that will come do?

No, the almighty God is not a God of confussion.

Am waiting for your replies please.
Peace
Re: False Spirits Invade The Church - WOLF or WOF by Yooguyz: 12:00pm On Jan 07, 2013
frosbel: What do the Nairaland WOF members , think about the weird manifestations in these videos ?
well first of all, i dont believe in the video i mean, any body out there can stage anything in order to paint a particular movement black. Manifestations of the holy spirit are displays of power so far it centres on the personality of JESUS .there's no laid down rules and regulations on bible on manifestations .1cor 12:4-6.Come to think of it,Jesus made a mire with his spittle mixed with clay and healed a blind man, if any preacher did dat today his story would appear in the front page of nairaland
A christian should be concerned about the teachings, are they based on the bible? Do they point one to Jesus? Or does it venerate the conduit of the manifestation
note that manifestation/signs and wonders/displays of power usualy anchor on a teaching...no wonder the bible told us to test the spirits
Re: False Spirits Invade The Church - WOLF or WOF by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jan 07, 2013
@truthislight

The Holy Spirit is a gift that comes directly from GOD to the saved, however there are gifts that can be imparted by the laying on of hands.

"If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!"" - Luke 11:13

Without the Holy Spirit no MAN or WOMAN can live a victorious Christian life talk less of having eternal life.

The problem I have with the weird manifestations in the videos is that GOD never , like you said, confuses his people, what is all the nonsense about shaking heads, slithering like snakes, barking like dogs, some people were even held on a leash like dogs , howling like wolves at the moon, jerking and all other madness called revival.

Honestly, the moment we take our eyes off the word of GOD we will move into deeper error .

To even think that there are people who called themselves Christians supporting this madness is testimony to the times in which we live , the very last of the last days.
Re: False Spirits Invade The Church - WOLF or WOF by Yooguyz: 12:12pm On Jan 07, 2013
truthislight:

i had asked you, since it was the apostles that had the power to pass on the gift of the spirit and the other disciple that did received from the apostles could not passed it on, how come that the true gift of the almighty God is still being available today even after the apostles that can only pass it to others have died off?

God did not send it directly to the newly baptised then but needed the apostles to go lay hands on the new disciples, how come today people that did not even see the apostles claim to have and can pass it to others when the early disciple did not have the ability to pass it to others and did not receive it on getting baptised but waited on the apostles laying of hands?

And why is it that they were baptised but did NOT have the gift of the spirit?

Why was there a need for a disciple to want to pay for/buy the power to be able to pass it on to others?

If it was not being transfer by the disciples how is it that you want us to belief that the power around today is of the almighty God and not of satan when the apostles have all died off?
The disciples have all died off also.

afteral we have been warned by this same apostles that know how it works?

Will the almighty and satan be into the same business at the same time? No.

In the period of the Jews it was a form of worship that the almighty have abandon that satan always jumped into.

1. God abandon worship in the mountains then satan took it over.

2. God abandon worship in the temple but today people strugle for the ruins of the temple.

The gift of the spirit had served a purpose of the NT and gave us a guide to worship the almighty in the christian way and that is what that is needed today, worship "in truth".

"For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth." (1 Timothy 2:3-4).

why do we still need God and satan struggling for miracles when Jesus had ask us to pray that God's kingdom should come and handle all of human infirmities?

See what Jesus said about worship:

"The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet. Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship,

"Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.

You worship what you do not know: we know what we worship: for salvation originated from the Jews. " (John 4:19-22)

"But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father

in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. " (John 4:23-24).

When it comes to fixing of all of mankind problames, this is what the plans of the almighty is:

"And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God,

"And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes;

and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away." (Revelation 21:3,4)

If you say that you are using the power of the almighty to do your miracle today, what then is the kingdom of God that will come do?

No, the almighty God is not a God of confussion.

Am waiting for your replies please.
Peace
miracles didnt die with the apostles
proof-
ps 103:3- note that reference was made to any convener of the healing power.
Heb 2:4, mark 16:15- the signs follow "THEM THAT BELIEVE" not them "WHO BELIEVED" this indicates continuation
acts 2:17-- do you believe we are in the last days? Well you know the answer
Re: False Spirits Invade The Church - WOLF or WOF by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jan 07, 2013
Yooguyz:
proof-
Heb 2:4, mark 16:15- the signs follow "THEM THAT BELIEVE" not them "WHO BELIEVED" this indicates continuation

I agree with you , miracles are a continuing thing according to the word of GOD, but what we see in the videos are not miracles but blasphemy !!
Re: False Spirits Invade The Church - WOLF or WOF by Yooguyz: 12:29pm On Jan 07, 2013
frosbel:

I agree with you , miracles are a continuing thing according to the word of GOD, but what we see in the videos are not miracles but blasphemy !!
well you might be right, but the point am trying to pass across is that emphasis should not be on the miracle, but on the word of God
Re: False Spirits Invade The Church - WOLF or WOF by truthislight: 2:23pm On Jan 07, 2013
Yooguyz:
proof-
Heb 2:4,

mark 16:15- the signs follow "THEM THAT BELIEVE" not them "WHO BELIEVED" this indicates continuation

Yooguyz:
mark 16:15- the signs follow "THEM THAT BELIEVE" not them "WHO BELIEVED" this indicates continuation

this part of of the book of mark is called the "long conclusion to the book of mark"

it is not part of the older manuscripts but appeared on manuscripts of the 5ce upward.

You have not given explanation to my questions but rather you have expressed your opinion. Good for you.
Peace
Re: False Spirits Invade The Church - WOLF or WOF by truthislight: 2:35pm On Jan 07, 2013
frosbel: @truthislight

The Holy Spirit is a gift that comes directly from GOD to the saved, however there are gifts that can be imparted by the laying on of hands.

"If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!"" - Luke 11:13

Without the Holy Spirit no MAN or WOMAN can live a victorious Christian life talk less of having eternal life.

The problem I have with the weird manifestations in the videos is that GOD never , like you said, confuses his people, what is all the nonsense about shaking heads, slithering like snakes, barking like dogs, some people were even held on a leash like dogs , howling like wolves at the moon, jerking and all other madness called revival.

Honestly, the moment we take our eyes off the word of GOD we will move into deeper error .

To even think that there are people who called themselves Christians supporting this madness is testimony to the times in which we live , the very last of the last days.

this is what i see the purpose of the spirit will do subsequently:

"But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. " (Acts 1:cool.

This is not talking about powerful works.

The work of the spirit today from the almighty God seems to be focused on leading honest hearted people to salvation rather than miracles.

Does christ still need proving via miracles?
Peace.
Re: False Spirits Invade The Church - WOLF or WOF by Yooguyz: 3:44pm On Jan 07, 2013
truthislight:

this part of of the book of mark is called the "long conclusion to the book of mark"

it is not part of the older manuscripts but appeared on manuscripts of the 5ce upward.

You have not given explanation to my questions but rather you have expressed your opinion. Good for you.
Peace
i noticed something about you dont take it personal but you are very good at asking complex questions. The tone of the write up seemed like you were addressing people who share your beliefs. First of all many of your propositions are wrong, laying of hands is not the only means by which the gifts where transfered, remember the folk casting out demons in Jesus' name but he was not there when Jesus commisioned his disciples to preach the gospel in luke. Btw miracles had been happening since the time of the prophets way before the holy spirit was given.who layed hands on prophet elijah to get the gift of prophecy? Who transffered the gift of miracles to moses so could make bitter waters sweet? Infact the only gift that neva operated in the OT was tongues and interpretation..as for if the gift is contiueing up to our time i already wrote that in my earlier post
Re: False Spirits Invade The Church - WOLF or WOF by truthislight: 4:23pm On Jan 07, 2013
Yooguyz: i noticed something about you dont take it personal but you are very good at asking complex questions. The tone of the write up seemed like you were addressing people who share your beliefs. First of all many of your propositions are wrong, laying of hands is not the only means by which the gifts where transfered, remember the folk casting out demons in Jesus' name but he was not there when Jesus commisioned his disciples to preach the gospel in luke. Btw miracles had been happening since the time of the prophets way before the holy spirit was given.who layed hands on prophet elijah to get the gift of prophecy? Who transffered the gift of miracles to moses so could make bitter waters sweet? Infact the only gift that neva operated in the OT was tongues and interpretation..as for if the gift is contiueing up to our time i already wrote that in my earlier post

"Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders," (2 Thessalonians 2:9).

^^^

good for you.

1 Like

Re: False Spirits Invade The Church - WOLF or WOF by Nobody: 10:45am On Aug 01, 2013
Beware of the WOLF ( Word of Lie Faith ) movement.
Re: False Spirits Invade The Church - WOLF or WOF by alexleo(m): 5:15pm On Aug 01, 2013
Joagbaje:

Do you cast out devils? I cast out devils and I see all manner of manifestations. When the anointing of God hits, the devils will react ,it doesn't matter what noise they make . What of the village churches? Does the pastor have connection with yoga to have manifestations of power.

These manifestations have been there and it's dangerous to attribute the power of God to devils . Jesus had these manifestations likewise the early church

Acts 8:7
7 For unclean spirits, crying with loud voice, came out of many that were possessed with them: and many taken with palsies, and that were lame, were healed.

Mark 1:26
26 And the unclean spirit, throwing the man into convulsions and screeching with a loud voice, came out of him.

Mark 9:20
20 And they brought him unto him: and when he saw him, straightway the spirit tare him; and he fell on the ground, and wallowed foaming.

Mark 9:25-26
25 When Jesus saw that the people came running together, he rebuked the foul spirit, saying unto him, Thou dumb and deaf spirit, I charge thee, come out of him, and enter no more into him. 26 And the spirit cried, and rent him sore, and came out of him: and he was as one dead; insomuch that many said, He is dead.

"he was as one dead" means he fell under the anointing.

Remrmber that not all jesus did was documented. We should be careful in criticising what we don't know. As much as there are wrong things in our world , we should not destroy faith of others in the truth. The other side is the danger of falling into blasphemy.

Mark 3:29-30
29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation: 30 Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.

@joeagbaje,
What I saw in those videos in the OP does not depict the manifestations of the Holy Spirit. This truly confirms that we are in the last days and many spirits have gone into the world to deceive people. When pastors are screaming and behaving like mad men in the name of deliverance then we need to weep for the souls that are being deceived by this unholy manifestations. Honestly I am becoming more afraid of what a horrible place the church will be if Jesus delays his coming till the next fifty years. We really need to pray God to purify the church all these questionable manifestations.

1 Like

Re: False Spirits Invade The Church - WOLF or WOF by Nobody: 6:59pm On Aug 01, 2013
alexleo:

@joeagbaje,
What I saw in those videos in the OP does not depict the manifestations of the Holy Spirit. This truly confirms that we are in the last days and many spirits have gone into the world to deceive people. When pastors are screaming and behaving like mad men in the name of deliverance then we need to weep for the souls that are being deceived by this unholy manifestations. Honestly I am becoming more afraid of what a horrible place the church will be if Jesus delays his coming till the next fifty years. We really need to pray God to purify the church all these questionable manifestations.

Total confusion, really scary.
Re: False Spirits Invade The Church - WOLF or WOF by Joagbaje(m): 11:21pm On Aug 01, 2013
frosbel: Beware of the WOLF ( Word of Lie Faith ) movement.

Rather Beware of WOU Word of Umbelieve . cool

Jude 1:19-20
These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.
20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tunde Bakare's Prophecy Of The Nigerian Messiah (to Be Fulfilled Very Soon) / Why Are Churches In Nigeria Always Casting Out Demons From Their Members / ATHEISTS: Why Do Demons Tremble When They Hear This Name?.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.