Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,853 members, 7,872,852 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:59 PM

Why Do Many Tolerate Abusive Relationships? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Many Tolerate Abusive Relationships? (320 Views)

Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage / Mention One Habit You Can't Tolerate In Your Relationship / I Am Ugly, Don't Bully Me, I Don't Tolerate Nonsense - Nigerian Sex Therapist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Many Tolerate Abusive Relationships? by Ayietim(m): 8:05pm On Jun 26, 2021
In your heart, you have had more than enough of the abuse.
In your heart you have walked away several times.
In reality, you are still giving him one more time.

You are wishing and secretly praying that he should change, though you know that this may never happen. So, you are still sticking around waiting for a miracle to happen and save or rescue you from the ‘hell’ of a life you are living.

Why are you waiting for a miracle to happen when you can just get up and leave. Do you call that ‘love’ or it’s ‘plain stupidity’?

Okay and yes, you love him but clearly, he doesn’t love you back. You can’t create love in a heart that is not with you and is not for you. Love happens naturally and it must be in two hearts going in the same direction for it to happen. It’s either it’s there or it’s not there.

Don’t try to convince yourself that you are not good enough for another person. Nobody is ever good enough until they find someone who treats them very very special.

And there is always someone, somewhere searching for someone like you, to love, to cherish and to keep. But you may never meet that ‘nice’ person, until you have the courage to walk away from an abusive relationship that has given you the worst kind of harassment, intimidation, disrespect, painful heartbreak and ‘fake’ make=up.

The courage to walk away comes from the awareness that you are special and that you deserve nothing less than to be treated nicely and beautifully.
You are a great gift to the world, so never hesitate to ask for a better deal.

Walk away from an abusive relationship while you can. Don’t wait until you have passed your prime, at which time, you would settle for whoever and whoever is available, even when ‘the whoever’ is clearly not who you desire and is never available in body, soul and spirit, for you.

https://ayietim.com/2017/02/11/relationship-why-are-you-tolerating-an-abusive-relationship/
Re: Why Do Many Tolerate Abusive Relationships? by anselm791(m): 8:13pm On Jun 26, 2021
Stockholm syndrome.
Re: Why Do Many Tolerate Abusive Relationships? by doggedfighter(f): 8:26pm On Jun 26, 2021
Stigma
Re: Why Do Many Tolerate Abusive Relationships? by James4358(m): 8:43pm On Jun 26, 2021
Sometimes the feeling of starting all over again after a person may have spent time & resources to build the said relationship... No matter hw hard the decision to leave one's abusive relationship is,. It is better than living with regrets all thru ur lifetime... Life has no duplicate as there often say.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Many Tolerate Abusive Relationships? by Ahmed0336(m): 8:46pm On Jun 26, 2021
If you wan die quick, stay in an abusive relationship.
Re: Why Do Many Tolerate Abusive Relationships? by dacblogger: 8:56pm On Jun 26, 2021
This life too hard abeg..

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Many Tolerate Abusive Relationships? by danietohbadt(m): 9:05pm On Jun 26, 2021
Na money now.

Ask yahoo boys this question, they'll tell you a lot.
Dem go beat girl, pursue her self, lock her outside, she no go free go o.
Why?
AC for room, AC for car

Freebies, enough shopping and so on.
Life wey dem no fit chop for house dem dey chop am.

You con talk say make she leave because of ordinary beating?

For where? She go endure

1 Like

Re: Why Do Many Tolerate Abusive Relationships? by Lovebliss2(f): 11:52am On Jun 27, 2021
dacblogger:
This life too hard abeg...
Love is just not worth the stress.
Do you know how hard it is to walk away from someone you love?
Its like dying over and over again .
Stay sane,stay away from love... sad

From all I've been through, I agree with you.
Stay sane, stay away from love.
Love is not worth the pain.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Mature Woman To Marry / Men Only: The Power Of Redpill, Read And Share Your Own Story! [18+] / My New Yoruba Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.