Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,990 members, 7,873,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:31 AM

SA Cities Of Johannesburg And Pretoria Ban Leisure Tourism Until July 11 - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / SA Cities Of Johannesburg And Pretoria Ban Leisure Tourism Until July 11 (1053 Views)

S. African Airways Reveals Upgraded Stylish Johannesburg Airport Lounge (PICS) / Johannesburg Lights Up For Christmas And Festive Season (PICS) / Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SA Cities Of Johannesburg And Pretoria Ban Leisure Tourism Until July 11 by TMKsouth: 10:01pm On Jun 27, 2021
The Covid epicentre of South Africa - Gauteng province - has been hit with a set of separate restrictions, as announced by President Cyril Ramaphosa on Sunday evening.

This comes after the deadly Delta variant (first discovered in India) was detected in the province. Gauteng (encompassing Johannesburg and Pretoria) will now operate under different rules to the rest of the country, to curb a soaring rate of new infections - accounting for over 60% of the 15,000 new infections registered on Sunday in the country. The overall number of infections stands at over 1,913,000 with 158,000 active cases.

Leisure Ban

A leisure travel ban, and a set of guidelines for specific inter-provincial travel, come into force from Monday, 28 June to 11 July 2021.

Here are the restrictions that the densely populated province will now have to operate under…

1. Leisure travel in and out of Gauteng has been strictly forbidden;
2. However, work, business, and commercial travel is excluded from this ban;
3. People currently not in their residences are also allowed to enter or leave Gauteng, solely so they can return home.

Additional restrictions affecting tourists include:

1. Public spaces like parks will remain open, but no gatherings are permitted at such places;
2. A curfew will be in place from 9pm to 4am. All establishments must be closed by 9pm;
3. All alcohol sales have been prohibited;
4. Restaurants can only sell food for takeout or deliveries;

"After 14 days, we will examine where we are. We will assess the impact of the restrictions to determine if they need to be maintained or adjusted," said Ramaphosa.

Re: SA Cities Of Johannesburg And Pretoria Ban Leisure Tourism Until July 11 by Iceyjayz: 10:17pm On Jun 27, 2021
TMKsouth:
[s]The Covid epicentre of South Africa - Gauteng province - has been hit with a set of separate restrictions, as announced by President Cyril Ramaphosa on Sunday evening.

This comes after the deadly Delta variant (first discovered in India) was detected in the province. Gauteng (encompassing Johannesburg and Pretoria) will now operate under different rules to the rest of the country, to curb a soaring rate of new infections - accounting for over 60% of the 15,000 new infections registered on Sunday in the country. The overall number of infections stands at over 1,913,000 with 158,000 active cases.

Leisure Ban

A leisure travel ban, and a set of guidelines for specific inter-provincial travel, come into force from Monday, 28 June to 11 July 2021.

Here are the restrictions that the densely populated province will now have to operate under…

1. Leisure travel in and out of Gauteng has been strictly forbidden.
2. Work, business, and commercial travel is excluded from this ban, however.
3. People currently not in their residences are also allowed to enter or leave Gauteng, solely so they can return home.

Additional restrictions affecting tourists include:

1. Public spaces like parks will remain open, but no gatherings are permitted at such places;
2. A curfew will be in place from 9pm to 4am. All establishments must be closed by 9pm;
3. All alcohol sales have been prohibited;
4. Restaurants can only sell food for takeout or deliveries;

"After 14 days, we will examine where we are. We will assess the impact of the restrictions to determine if they need to be maintained or adjusted," said Ramaphosa.[/s]
Sorry. but we ain't interested
Re: SA Cities Of Johannesburg And Pretoria Ban Leisure Tourism Until July 11 by TMKsouth: 10:28pm On Jun 27, 2021
Iceyjayz:
Sorry. but we ain't interested

Lol, so why is Air Peace launching direct flights to Johannesburg grin? I've told u a gazillion times, Diceygayz - if u have nothing vaguely intelligent to say, just shatap man. That's what people are not interested in cool

1 Like

Re: SA Cities Of Johannesburg And Pretoria Ban Leisure Tourism Until July 11 by Iceyjayz: 10:33pm On Jun 27, 2021
TMKsouth:

[s]Lol, so why is Air Peace launching direct flights to Johannesburg grin? I've told u a gazillion times, Diceygayz - if u have nothing vaguely intelligent to say, just shatap man. That's what people are not interested in cool[/s]
We are still not interested grin
Re: SA Cities Of Johannesburg And Pretoria Ban Leisure Tourism Until July 11 by TMKsouth: 10:39pm On Jun 27, 2021
Iceyjayz:
We are still not interested grin

Is this your intelligent response? I weep for Nigeria cool
Re: SA Cities Of Johannesburg And Pretoria Ban Leisure Tourism Until July 11 by Osebanjo(m): 11:15pm On Jun 27, 2021
Australia wannabe. cheesy I always wish YL is in the southern coast of Africa. Sahel people have West coast on total lockdown. So difficult to live with. They put religion over everything(civilization, peace, development and all). That said, SA, don't be another Aussie. Hopefully SA come out stronger.
Re: SA Cities Of Johannesburg And Pretoria Ban Leisure Tourism Until July 11 by TMKsouth: 11:25pm On Jun 27, 2021
Osebanjo:
Australia wannabe. cheesy I always wish YL is in the southern coast of Africa. Sahel people have West coast on total lockdown. So difficult to live with. They put religion over everything(civilization, peace, development and all). That said, SA, don't be another Aussie. Hopefully SA come out stronger.

Why do u say this - coz Sydney is under total lockdown?

Anyway, please don't compare SA with Australia - we've got serious tensions grin
Re: SA Cities Of Johannesburg And Pretoria Ban Leisure Tourism Until July 11 by Iceyjayz: 6:49am On Jun 28, 2021
TMKsouth:

[s]Is this your intelligent response? I weep for Nigeria cool[/s]
Leave this forum boy before I open my eyes, you have no use here
Re: SA Cities Of Johannesburg And Pretoria Ban Leisure Tourism Until July 11 by TMKsouth: 9:48am On Jun 28, 2021
Iceyjayz:
Leave this forum boy before I open my eyes, you have no use here

But I'm reciprocating - me here, Nigerian refugees in SA. Why does it bother u? That's xenophobia grin
Re: SA Cities Of Johannesburg And Pretoria Ban Leisure Tourism Until July 11 by Iceyjayz: 8:08pm On Jun 28, 2021
TMKsouth:

[s]But I'm reciprocating - me here, Nigerian refugees in SA. Why does it bother u? That's xenophobia grin[/s]
Run back to the slum you came out from cheesy
Re: SA Cities Of Johannesburg And Pretoria Ban Leisure Tourism Until July 11 by cucumbar: 11:12pm On Jun 28, 2021
Omg! Not again. Will this nonsense covid 19 ever end? cry

1 Like

Re: SA Cities Of Johannesburg And Pretoria Ban Leisure Tourism Until July 11 by TMKsouth: 6:32am On Jun 29, 2021
cucumbar:
Omg! Not again. Will this nonsense covid 19 ever end? cry

If it's really China's doing then they seriously messed up the world and should be dealt with. angry
Re: SA Cities Of Johannesburg And Pretoria Ban Leisure Tourism Until July 11 by specialofficer: 2:43pm On Jul 14, 2021
AMFADIL:
Use diz link in d Pic...Jus check the page well u'll c NDA PQ
please drop your WhatsApp number
Re: SA Cities Of Johannesburg And Pretoria Ban Leisure Tourism Until July 11 by Nicoswit(m): 3:37pm On Jul 14, 2021
Are your citizens not taking the pfizer vaccine?
Re: SA Cities Of Johannesburg And Pretoria Ban Leisure Tourism Until July 11 by TMKsouth: 4:15pm On Jul 14, 2021
Nicoswit:
Are your citizens not taking the pfizer vaccine?

It's a combination of Pfizer and J&J. Astrazaneca has been completely dumped.
Re: SA Cities Of Johannesburg And Pretoria Ban Leisure Tourism Until July 11 by Nicoswit(m): 9:15pm On Jul 14, 2021
TMKsouth:

It's a combination of Pfizer and J&J. Astrazaneca has been completely dumped.
Is Pfizer working for the new covid strains?
Re: SA Cities Of Johannesburg And Pretoria Ban Leisure Tourism Until July 11 by TMKsouth: 9:49pm On Jul 14, 2021
Nicoswit:

Is Pfizer working for the new covid strains?

I think so coz now they even a third shot booster. But currently SA is offering 2 shots.

Re: SA Cities Of Johannesburg And Pretoria Ban Leisure Tourism Until July 11 by Nicoswit(m): 11:08pm On Jul 14, 2021
TMKsouth:

I think so coz now they even a third shot booster. But currently SA is offering 2 shots.
Ok

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Share Your African Travel Experience / UK Or Canada As A Student / Update: Identity Of Female Driver Crushed To Death By Passenger Train In Abuja U

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.