Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,434 members, 7,917,359 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 01:08 AM

Every Word of God is Law and Commandment! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Every Word of God is Law and Commandment! (1618 Views)

DAILY Devotional: Every Word Of God For Daily Living By Pastor Paul Rika / The Fourth Commandment: The Sabbath. / Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of GOD (Very Powerful) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Every Word of God is Law and Commandment! by brocab: 12:25am On Dec 01, 2022
Why don't you go out into the streets-find the widows the fatherless and the strangers, feed them-cloth them, give them shelter, and watch God the Father bless you abundantly. Could you, Would you, obey the Lord? All do you worship another..
Dtruthspeaker:

Why don't you go and beg let people give you something to eat. Your hunger is making you mad.
Re: Every Word of God is Law and Commandment! by Dtruthspeaker: 2:47pm On Dec 17, 2022
NNTR:
I now understand more the reasons why Jesus frequently said woe be to lawyers..

Instead of addressing the issue you now resorted to insulting me.

NNTR:

Please give sincere, straightforward replies to the following questions:
1. From a biblical and God perspective, what is a law?

I won't have answered you if not for these valid questions.

Every time God Speaks, Law or Commandment is Issued.

Deuteronomy 8:3/Mathew 4:4 The Law of Every Word that Proceeded Out of The Mouth of The Lord"

https://www.nairaland.com/dtruthspeaker

NNTR:

2. Is when told to love, a law or is not a law?

Yes!

God (Spoke) gave The Command to love. Deuteronomy 6:5

NNTR:

3. Explicitly specify what law is it, that is eternal, higher and greater than love

Deuteronomy 8:3/Mathew 4:4 The Law of Every Word that Proceeded Out of The Mouth of The Lord"
Re: Every Word of God is Law and Commandment! by orisa37: 6:31pm On Dec 17, 2022
JESUS CHRIST IS THE WORD OF GOD.
Re: Every Word of God is Law and Commandment! by Dtruthspeaker: 7:42pm On Dec 17, 2022
brocab:
Why don't you go out into the streets-find the widows the fatherless and the strangers, feed them-cloth them, give them shelter, and watch God the Father bless you abundantly. Could you, Would you, obey the Lord? All do you worship another..

Would you know if I do it? Carry your madness away.
Re: Every Word of God is Law and Commandment! by Dtruthspeaker: 7:44pm On Dec 17, 2022
orisa37:
JESUS CHRIST IS THE WORD OF GOD.

Yes He is!
Re: Every Word of God is Law and Commandment! by brocab: 12:41am On Dec 18, 2022
By your answer I am convinced you don't do it.
Dtruthspeaker:

Would you know if I do it? Carry your madness away.

1 Like

Re: Every Word of God is Law and Commandment! by Dtruthspeaker: 12:49am On Dec 18, 2022
brocab:
By your answer I am convinced you don't do it.

You are not worth convincing.
Re: Every Word of God is Law and Commandment! by brocab: 4:08am On Dec 18, 2022
In the twilight, in the evening In the black and dark night, Dtruthspeaker is seen in the open square, lucking at every corner, seeing whom he may devour, with your flattering speech, you seduced them.
And said: have peace offering with me, today I have paid my tithes {Vows}
So I came out to meet you diligently to seek your face, and now I have found you.
We know your story..
Dtruthspeaker:

You are not worth convincing.

1 Like

Re: Every Word of God is Law and Commandment! by Dtruthspeaker: 4:24am On Dec 18, 2022
brocab:
In the twilight, in the evening In the black and dark night, Dtruthspeaker is seen in the open square, lucking at every corner, seeing whom he may devour, with your flattering speech, you seduced them.
And said: have peace offering with me, today I have paid my tithes {Vows}
So I came out to meet you diligently to seek your face, and now I have found you.
We know your story..

Mad people everywhere
Re: Every Word of God is Law and Commandment! by brocab: 8:44pm On Dec 18, 2022
I actually thought that about you, Are you on Drug's?
Dtruthspeaker:

Mad people everywhere

1 Like

Re: Every Word of God is Law and Commandment! by NNTR: 10:00pm On Dec 18, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Yes!

Dtruthspeaker:
You are so quick to taking to or thinking that you're being insulted

Dtruthspeaker:
Thank you for following the same numbering style, and so making it easy to see which question you've replied to. As it makes easy having sense of questions your answers is addressing

Dtruthspeaker:

Isaiah 55:11
So will My word be which goes out of My mouth;
It will not return to Me void (useless, without result),
Without accomplishing what I desire,
And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it.

Exactly every word that proceeds from the mouth of a king is law, and so equally, every word that proceeds from the King, God in this case, too is law.

It is part of the reason why God rations how God speaks or talks. It is part of the reason why God is economical with His word (i.e. Isaiah 55:11) Aside silence being golden, God is often heard in silence sef

Dtruthspeaker:
Yes!

Exactly the command in Deuteronomy 6:5 has a verb in, meaning designates doing something, instructing to perform, carry out an action

Dtruthspeaker:
Deuteronomy 8:3
And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live.

Mathew 4:4
But Jesus replied,
“It is written and forever remains written,
‘MAN SHALL NOT LIVE BY BREAD ALONE, BUT BY EVERY WORD THAT COMES OUT OF THE MOUTH OF GOD.’”

I get all that's said in Deuteronomy 8:3/Mathew 4:4, but the question was:

1. State one word, one single word, that is eternal, plus is higher and greater than love
2. Is there any eternal word, higher and greater than the command verb action word love?
3. Is there any other word contesting with love claiming to have the rightful position of being the greatest?

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.
Re: Every Word of God is Law and Commandment! by brocab: 1:31am On Dec 24, 2022
When is a good time to begin stoning your children-after disobeying their parents. This law was also written in the bible, but does anybody obey all old Testament Laws?
Let's say: Jesus made another Covenant with us-what then, does it mean we are to follow the old Covenant God had with Israel?
{Hebrews 8:7-11} For if that first covenant had been faultless, no one would have looked for a second one.
But showing its fault, God says to them, “Look, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will complete a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah.
“It will not be like the covenant that I made with their fathers, on the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they did not continue in my covenant and I had no regard for them, says the Lord.
“For this is the covenant that I will establish with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord. I will put my laws in their minds and I will inscribe them on their hearts. And I will be their God and they will be my people.
“And there will be no need at all for each one to teach his countryman or each one to teach his brother saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ since they will all know me, from the least to the greatest.
Are we Gentiles 'and not Jews-not even in today's Israel they obey all Old Testament Laws.
Re: Every Word of God is Law and Commandment! by Dtruthspeaker: 9:13am On Dec 30, 2022
brocab:
When is a good time to begin stoning your children-after disobeying their parents. This law was also written in the bible, but does anybody obey all old Testament Laws?
Let's say: Jesus made another Covenant with us-what then, does it mean we are to follow the old Covenant God had with Israel?
{Hebrews 8:7-11} For if that first covenant had been faultless, no one would have looked for a second one.
But showing its fault, God says to them, “Look, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will complete a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah.
“It will not be like the covenant that I made with their fathers, on the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they did not continue in my covenant and I had no regard for them, says the Lord.
“For this is the covenant that I will establish with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord. I will put my laws in their minds and I will inscribe them on their hearts. And I will be their God and they will be my people.
“And there will be no need at all for each one to teach his countryman or each one to teach his brother saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ since they will all know me, from the least to the greatest.
Are we Gentiles 'and not Jews-not even in today's Israel they obey all Old Testament Laws.

Everything here is Off Point and Departure from Post!
Re: Every Word of God is Law and Commandment! by brocab: 9:22am On Dec 30, 2022
No it's not:
{Galatians 2:10} For as many as are of the works of the Law are under a curse; for it is written, Cursed is everyone who does not continue all all things which are written in the book of the Law, to do them.
So do you obey all the Laws from the two Covenants-or just the ones that suit you?
Dtruthspeaker:

Everything here is Off Point and Departure from Post!
Re: Every Word of God is Law and Commandment! by Dtruthspeaker: 2:33pm On Dec 30, 2022
brocab:
No it's not:
{Galatians 2:10} For as many as are of the works of the Law are under a curse; for it is written, Cursed is everyone who does not continue all all things which are written in the book of the Law, to do them.
So do you obey all the Laws from the two Covenants-or just the ones that suit you?

We are not taking about the Curse of Law but trying to determine that which is the greatest Law.

Is it
1) Obedience and Compliance Exodus 15:26 or

2) Love The Lord Deuteronomy 6:5

I say 1) Obedience and Compliance.
Re: Every Word of God is Law and Commandment! by brocab: 9:29pm On Dec 30, 2022
/ Re: Every Word of God is Law and Commandment!
I am pointing out to this heading above, we no longer obey all Old Covenant Laws, some Old Testament Laws have Changed since Christ made a new Covenant with us..
Yes we have got to come under God's obedience and follow His Commandment's, and be under His Covenant and obey His Law.
What does Jesus say:
{Mark 12:30-31} Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’[a] 31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’There is no commandment greater than these.
Dtruthspeaker:

We are not taking about the Curse of Law but trying to determine that which is the greatest Law.

Is it
1) Obedience and Compliance Exodus 15:26 or

2) Love The Lord Deuteronomy 6:5

I say 1) Obedience and Compliance.
Re: Every Word of God is Law and Commandment! by Dtruthspeaker: 9:08am On Dec 31, 2022
brocab:
[color=#000099]
I am pointing out to this heading above, we no longer obey all Old Covenant Laws, some Old Testament Laws have Changed since Christ made a new Covenant with us..

So you admit you disobey God's Word! Okay.
Re: Every Word of God is Law and Commandment! by brocab: 9:12am On Dec 31, 2022
So you admit you are still under the Old Covenant, till stoning your children to death. How about when someone curses you, do you send it back to sender.
Or maybe you are under the New Covenant, Bless those who curse you, and pray for those who spitefully use you.
Were you a Jew? that was led out of Egypt by the hand of God, or maybe you are still under your forefathers 'who crucified Jesus, for the same reason: that you accuse me off.
Dtruthspeaker:

So you admit you disobey God's Word! Okay.

Re: Every Word of God is Law and Commandment! by Dtruthspeaker: 6:29am On Aug 25, 2023
brocab:
So you admit you are still under the Old Covenant, till stoning your children to death.

You people don't read the bible.

Before a death penalty is executed, the accused must first commit a capital offence or sin and taken to a just Court and be found guilty of the capital offence. Exactly what goes on even today. So how have you escaped The Law?

brocab:

How about when someone curses you, do you send it back to sender. Or maybe you are under the New Covenant, Bless those who curse you, and pray for those who spitefully use you.

If you had read The Law, you would have seen it Said "cursed is he who curses you" now did what you call "new covenant" not Say "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"? So when others curse me what have they done? Is This not The Law still at work?

brocab:

Were you a Jew? that was led out of Egypt by the hand of God, or maybe you are still under your forefathers 'who crucified Jesus, for the same reason: that you accuse me off.

As Stephen said , our forefathers crucified Jesus and he too was killed by them for it. Now, another 3000 years later or thereabout, i lay it and here you doing as they did to Stephen and Jesus, and yet you thought you are not a jew! grin
Re: Every Word of God is Law and Commandment! by StillDtruth: 1:34pm On Jun 23
thesolutions:

Circumcision is not part of the 10 commandments. But circumcision is the beginning of the law that separate the Jews from non Jews as God was perceived by that law to be strictly for the Jews. The 10 commandments is different from the religious law of the Jews. No non Jews had access to God or the temple but by Jesus we now have access to God.

Hope this thread will enlighten you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dealing With Criticism As A Christian Body / Is Smoking And Taking Recreational Drugs Like Cocaine A Sin Before God? / Official Thread Of Calvary Army Ministries, Ejigbo, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.