Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,304 members, 7,907,694 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 01:16 PM

Is This Jamb Score Enough To Study Computer Science - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is This Jamb Score Enough To Study Computer Science (2380 Views)

What Can He Study With This JAMB Score? / Which University Is Best To Study Computer Science In Nigeria? / Is This The Highest Score So Far At The Ongoing Jamb?… Checkout This Jamb Score (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Jamb Score Enough To Study Computer Science by definitelyME(m): 1:34pm On Jun 30, 2021
Hello guys I just checked my jamb result yesterday and I scored 207, I was wondering if it would get me admission into any private universities like Madonna University or even some government schools... please I need advice..
Re: Is This Jamb Score Enough To Study Computer Science by frankosivue(m): 4:30pm On Jun 30, 2021
definitelyME:
Hello guys I just checked my jamb result yesterday and I scored 207, I was wondering if it would get me admission into any private universities like Madonna University or even some government schools... please I need advice..
The score is okay. Your chances of gaining admission with it depends on your school of choice.
Re: Is This Jamb Score Enough To Study Computer Science by beautyhd: 4:48pm On Jun 30, 2021
definitelyME:

Yeah for private University
Re: Is This Jamb Score Enough To Study Computer Science by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jun 30, 2021
Go to private university or if you have a laptop and are really seriously interested in CS internet I think there's a sponsored online university (I've forgotten it's name) you can get a CS degree.
Re: Is This Jamb Score Enough To Study Computer Science by Bobbyjay001(m): 7:11pm On Jun 30, 2021
SegFault:
Go to private university or if you have a laptop and are really seriously interested in CS internet I think there's a sponsored online university (I've forgotten it's name) you can get a CS degree.

Are you sure about this? Pls, i need this. Help me get the info.
Re: Is This Jamb Score Enough To Study Computer Science by phemmyfour: 8:45pm On Jun 30, 2021
definitelyME:
Private Unis are interested in your money. Anything from 200, you are good
Re: Is This Jamb Score Enough To Study Computer Science by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 01, 2021
Bobbyjay001:

Are you sure about this? Pls, i need this. Help me get the info.
Yes I've gotten the name of the university (university of the people) now you have to make a choice.
A) You learn some side skill and use it to sustain yourself while doing the course (they only offer about four courses and CS is one of them) UoP is free though you'll have to look deep into this, I haven't enrolled yet because I have no laptop.
B) You go to a private university or you rewrite jamb and enroll for a fed or state school next year, you can still enroll in UoP since Nigerian schools teach CS like we are in the dragon age of Computers.
The choice is yours.
Re: Is This Jamb Score Enough To Study Computer Science by Bobbyjay001(m): 9:07am On Jul 01, 2021
SegFault:

Yes I've gotten the name of the university (university of the people) now you have to make a choice.
A) You learn some side skill and use it to sustain yourself while doing the course (they only offer about four courses and CS is one of them) UoP is free though you'll have to look deep into this, I haven't enrolled yet because I have no laptop.
B) You go to a private university or you rewrite jamb and enroll for a fed or state school next year, you can still enroll in UoP since Nigerian schools teach CS like we are in the dragon age of Computers.
The choice is yours.

Oh,thanks for this. Of what essence is enrolling into a private,state or fed uni when one has already been given admission in UoP? I will rather stick with the UoP.
Re: Is This Jamb Score Enough To Study Computer Science by Nobody: 9:11am On Jul 01, 2021
Bobbyjay001:

Oh,thanks for this. Of what essence is enrolling into a private,state or fed uni when one has already been given admission in UoP? I will rather stick with the UoP.
Cheers but work hard oh, and learn programming to by the side just enroll now and see if you like it. If you no like am commot hand sharp sharp. You'll get a cert at the end self which is really nice.
Re: Is This Jamb Score Enough To Study Computer Science by Bobbyjay001(m): 9:15am On Jul 01, 2021
SegFault:

Cheers but work hard oh, and learn programming to by the side just enroll now and see if you like it. If you no like am commot hand sharp sharp. You'll get a cert at the end self which is really nice.

ok,thanks.
Re: Is This Jamb Score Enough To Study Computer Science by ollymer73(m): 10:12pm On Jul 01, 2021
definitelyME:

Send me all Ur phone numbers
I will contact you asap
Re: Is This Jamb Score Enough To Study Computer Science by frankosivue(m): 8:53am On Jul 02, 2021
SegFault:

The choice is yours.

Not completely free!

"Students are asked to pay only an assessment fee at the end of each course ($120 for undergraduate and $240 for graduate studies). Applicants are also asked for a one-time, non-refundable application fee of $60." https://www.scholars4dev.com/3630/free-online-education-at-university-of-the-people/
Re: Is This Jamb Score Enough To Study Computer Science by Nobody: 8:54am On Jul 02, 2021
frankosivue:

Not completely free!

"Students are asked to pay only an assessment fee at the end of each course ($120 for undergraduate and $240 for graduate studies). Applicants are also asked for a one-time, non-refundable application fee of $60." https://www.scholars4dev.com/3630/free-online-education-at-university-of-the-people/
Forgot to mention that, it's tuition free you have to pay some charges but still you can get a scholarship.
Re: Is This Jamb Score Enough To Study Computer Science by chrysan(f): 10:46am On Jul 02, 2021
I beg in the name of whoever you believe in.... avoid Madonna University..... thank me later

1 Like

Re: Is This Jamb Score Enough To Study Computer Science by definitelyME(m): 1:14pm On Jul 02, 2021
chrysan:
I beg in the name of whoever you believe in.... avoid Madonna University..... thank me later
why? Have you been there b4 ? What's the problem with the school??
Re: Is This Jamb Score Enough To Study Computer Science by chrysan(f): 1:30pm On Jul 02, 2021
definitelyME:
why? Have you been there b4 ? What's the problem with the school??

Yes I'm a student there.... very horrible school built on lies.... people might say that I'm just hating on the school.. but please don't go to that school.. I'm a student there but I plan on leaving that school already cause I can't deal with it anymore..
Re: Is This Jamb Score Enough To Study Computer Science by frankosivue(m): 3:44pm On Jul 02, 2021
SegFault:

Forgot to mention that, it's tuition free you have to pay some charges but still you can get a scholarship.
Okay
Re: Is This Jamb Score Enough To Study Computer Science by Bobbyjay001(m): 1:08pm On Jul 05, 2021

i'll give you feedback tonight.
Re: Is This Jamb Score Enough To Study Computer Science by lizzypro: 2:20am On Jul 25, 2021
Hello can you pls tell me why you typed this ..
Just trying to make enquiries for a sibling
Thanks
chrysan:
Re: Is This Jamb Score Enough To Study Computer Science by chrysan(f): 8:29am On Jul 25, 2021
lizzypro:
Hello can you pls tell me why you typed this ..
Just trying to make enquiries for a sibling
Thanks

Okay Madonna isn't a good school..... that place is a prison yard. I schooled there until this year I couldn't take it anymore, I left and not just me but most of my friends.... students have no say in the school, you are forced to attend every single of their Church program no matter the time, and we were even flogged by CSO and the Fathers there . And they are very greedy set of people... I went for admission and got a course in medicine and surgery.,... but this school kept on admitting students until we were too many... next thing they did was to switch our courses to courses with lower number of students like physiology, public health, anatomy and the rest. This same thing happened to even nursing and pharmacy students. And also this school has a lot of skeleton in their cupboard.. but they like to hide it and paint the school nice from outside....do not be deceived. Take your ward elsewhere. Try other private schools ....by the way what course is your sibling planning to study?? because there are 3 branches of the school for different line of course,... the one in elele, Rivers State is for science related programmes, and seems to be the worst because that's their headquarters... peace.
Re: Is This Jamb Score Enough To Study Computer Science by lizzypro: 6:53pm On Jul 25, 2021
She’s planning to study pharmacy..
You mean even Muslims are forced to attend all church programs
chrysan:

Okay Madonna isn't a good school..... that place is a prison yard. I schooled there until this year I couldn't take it anymore, I left and not just me but most of my friends.... students have no say in the school, you are forced to attend every single of their Church program no matter the time, and we were even flogged by CSO and the Fathers there . And they are very greedy set of people... I went for admission and got a course in medicine and surgery.,... but this school kept on admitting students until we were too many... next thing they did was to switch our courses to courses with lower number of students like physiology, public health, anatomy and the rest. This same thing happened to even nursing and pharmacy students. And also this school has a lot of skeleton in their cupboard.. but they like to hide it and paint the school nice from outside....do not be deceived. Take your ward elsewhere. Try other private schools ....by the way what course is your sibling planning to study?? because there are 3 branches of the school for different line of course,... the one in elele, Rivers State is for science related programmes, and seems to be the worst because that's their headquarters... peace.
Re: Is This Jamb Score Enough To Study Computer Science by chrysan(f): 7:41pm On Jul 25, 2021
lizzypro:
She’s planning to study pharmacy..
You mean even Muslims are forced to attend all church programs

They stopped Muslims from getting admitted to the school.... so everyone can go to their Catholic Church, even people from other denominations.. As for her course, she is going to the one in elele where I was... but please don't let her... you might regret it...
Infact, just go online and search Madonna University, every single news you see there is true .... there are even some on nairaland here.... initially, I was it was just people trying to spoil the good name of the school, but I was wrong
Re: Is This Jamb Score Enough To Study Computer Science by lizzypro: 11:30pm On Jul 25, 2021
Oh okay I guess she won’t be going cos she’s a Muslim So which other private university can you recommend.
chrysan:

They stopped Muslims from getting admitted to the school.... so everyone can go to their Catholic Church, even people from other denominations.. As for her course, she is going to the one in elele where I was... but please don't let her... you might regret it...
Infact, just go online and search Madonna University, every single news you see there is true .... there are even some on nairaland here.... initially, I was it was just people trying to spoil the good name of the school, but I was wrong
Re: Is This Jamb Score Enough To Study Computer Science by chrysan(f): 11:34pm On Jul 25, 2021
lizzypro:
Oh okay I guess she won’t be going cos she’s a Muslim So which other private university can you recommend.

Check out Bingham University.....
Most Universities in Nigeria are church owned.... also browse novena universe and kings University
Re: Is This Jamb Score Enough To Study Computer Science by chrysan(f): 11:35pm On Jul 25, 2021
lizzypro:

I'm planning on going to Gregory University in Abia State.... church isn't compulsive but I don't know if there is any mosque there

(1) (Reply)

MC Oluomo Mocked For His Inability To Give BAT 2million Votes / Uniport Mba Program / 2011/2012 Jamb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.