Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,179 members, 7,973,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 12:31 PM

'lawyer’ Dupes 75-yr-old Of N12m - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'lawyer’ Dupes 75-yr-old Of N12m (737 Views)

Azubuike Chikere-Wanjoku Storms INEC Collation Centre,Wants Return Of N12m Bribe / Buhari Dupes The US - Washington Times / A Senator Earns N12m Yearly - RMAFC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

'lawyer’ Dupes 75-yr-old Of N12m by darkfishet: 1:24pm On May 09, 2011
By Oamen Areguamen

LAGOS—A Yaba Magistrate court has been told how a fake lawyer, Samuel Oladipupo Jibode allegedly duped a 75 years old man, Mr. Monsuru Adeyemi, of N10 million under the pretense of selling a property to him.

In his testimony to the court weekend, Mr. Adeyemi, said Jibode hid his personality and used another prominent lawyer’s name, Mr. David Olufemi, to swindle him of N10 million.

He told the presiding Magistrate A. O. Isaac that when the accused approached him, he had the inclination that the proposal for the purchase of the building may not afterall be genuine, but the moment he, the accused person, mentioned the name of the lawyer to him, he released the money.

Under cross-examination by counsel representing the accused person, Mr. Adeyemi said on 14 May 2010, the agent, Mr, Ojo, and himself, one  Mr. Oluyewola, the landlord of the  building, Mr. Jegede, and two of Jegede’s children went to Mr. Jibode’s office at Oyingbo to pay the agreed sum of N10 million.

He added that he was to pay a balance of N2 million after all the process have been completed.

He told the court: “I told him not to gamble with me. This is my retirement benefit from my pension from flour mill. I want to buy this house so that at my old age I will not suffer to train my children in school.

“I complained about the Deed of Assignment which he prepared because there was no seal on it. Lawyer Jibode asked me not to worry. He called me three days latter on phone and told me that the landlord has been strangled to death by an unknown person.”

“I rushed down only to discovered that he has park out of his office and his phone numbers were no more reachable.”

http://darkfishent.com/Home/%E2%80%98lawyer%E2%80%99-dupes-75-yr-old-of-n12m

(1) (Reply)

Efcc Discovers $1 Billion Dollars In Bankole's Account In Uba / 013 / People Of African Descend, what do u live for?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.