Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,652 members, 7,889,118 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 11:43 PM

Shooting Of Teenage Trader By Police Premeditated – Falana - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shooting Of Teenage Trader By Police Premeditated – Falana (1079 Views)

Kemisola Oguniyi: Photos Of Teenage EndSARS Protester & Her Baby, Granted Bail / Sanwo-Olu: Nigerian Military Officers Ordered Shooting Of Protesters In Lekki / Judgment Is Unconstitutional, Premeditated, Says Onnoghen’s Lawyer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shooting Of Teenage Trader By Police Premeditated – Falana by Insidenaijasblo: 4:31am On Jul 04, 2021
Femi Falana, (SAN), human rights lawyer, has condemned the killing of a teenage trader by bullets reportedly fired by a security agent dispersing Yoruba Nation demonstrators in the Ojota area of Lagos state, describing it as a case of premeditated murder, Newspremises reports.

Falana also called on the Lagos State Government to conduct a coroner’s inquest into the murder of the girl.

Addressing the incident on Saturday, Falana noted that while the police violated Section 83 (4) of the Police Establishment Act 2020 which borders on the provision of adequate security by the security agency for citizens on peaceful rallies and protests, the denial by the Lagos State Police Command was a ploy to shield the killer from prosecution.

The senior lawyer said, “The police violated Section 83 (4) of the Police Establishment Act 2020 which has imposed a legal obligation on the police to provide adequate security for citizens who embark on peaceful rallies and protests. Since the police had illegally dispersed the peaceful rally with cannisters of teargas, the shooting of the 14-year-old trader by the police was premeditated murder.

“The denial of the cold murder of the trader by the police is a diversionary ploy to shield the actual culprit from prosecution. In view of the hasty denial of the police in the dastardly act, we call on the Lagos State Government to ensure that a coroner’s inquest is conducted into the reckless killing of the teenager.”

Source: https://newspremises.com.ng/shooting-of-teenage-trader-by-police-premeditated-falana/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Dominique

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shooting Of Teenage Trader By Police Premeditated – Falana by Flamezreal(m): 4:40am On Jul 04, 2021
Wickedness
Re: Shooting Of Teenage Trader By Police Premeditated – Falana by ogbuefi677(m): 4:47am On Jul 04, 2021
I hate seeing this Falana man shalaye up and down.
After defending tyrant buhari on his non existent certificate, he is now coming to revive his human rights crusader credentials with his fake activism.

6 Likes

Re: Shooting Of Teenage Trader By Police Premeditated – Falana by Rawgold29(m): 5:00am On Jul 04, 2021
Nigerian police...spit.
Re: Shooting Of Teenage Trader By Police Premeditated – Falana by Whois(m): 5:05am On Jul 04, 2021
If you're a youth living in Nigeria, don't get it twisted, Police is not your friend.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shooting Of Teenage Trader By Police Premeditated – Falana by NaMe4: 5:06am On Jul 04, 2021
ogbuefi677:
After defending tyrant buhari on his non existent certificate, he is now coming to revive his human rights crusader credentials with his fake activism.

Who else has come out to demand Justice for that poor girl? This is not the first time he has done such.

I commend him. He's a true activist.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shooting Of Teenage Trader By Police Premeditated – Falana by Duru9(m): 5:28am On Jul 04, 2021
ogbuefi677:

Shut up sir
He is talking about the death of a teenage girl here
Shey una no get conscience again for this country ?
Did that little girl deserve the die?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shooting Of Teenage Trader By Police Premeditated – Falana by Pclemenza: 5:29am On Jul 04, 2021
Why must the Nigerian police shoot??
Re: Shooting Of Teenage Trader By Police Premeditated – Falana by Goldbw122(m): 5:41am On Jul 04, 2021
Whois:
If you're a youth living in Nigeria, don't get it twisted, Police is not your friend.
We know, we deploy our own self security because in Nigeria, you are your own security.
Re: Shooting Of Teenage Trader By Police Premeditated – Falana by Goldbw122(m): 5:43am On Jul 04, 2021
Pclemenza:
Why must the Nigerian police shoot??
It is the country we find our self, a very most lawless country. Such a pity.

3 Likes

Re: Shooting Of Teenage Trader By Police Premeditated – Falana by donbachi(m): 6:09am On Jul 04, 2021
One Nigeria my foot.

1 Like

Re: Shooting Of Teenage Trader By Police Premeditated – Falana by Karlovych: 6:10am On Jul 04, 2021
embarassed embarassed The foot soldiers of Jubrin can never escape punishment, useless policemen

1 Like

Re: Shooting Of Teenage Trader By Police Premeditated – Falana by BSsniffer: 6:11am On Jul 04, 2021
Nigeria is a very useless country an animal kingdom. Good morning to all the species.
Re: Shooting Of Teenage Trader By Police Premeditated – Falana by Dikegodspower(m): 6:13am On Jul 04, 2021
Una Don c as e de b na
When them are shot biafras Afonja and supporters of APC were celebrating.
Forgetting that this is Agnes nwanmma. E go touch everyone just a matter of time
Re: Shooting Of Teenage Trader By Police Premeditated – Falana by Iceyjayz: 6:26am On Jul 04, 2021
ogbuefi677:
You have nothing against that man dude, he's a true activist.
Re: Shooting Of Teenage Trader By Police Premeditated – Falana by temitope27(m): 6:29am On Jul 04, 2021
ogbuefi677:
go and hate ur father, cos that man is doing his job, he is a no politician

1 Like

Re: Shooting Of Teenage Trader By Police Premeditated – Falana by Sunnybay7: 7:00am On Jul 04, 2021
Nigerian police is a disaster
Re: Shooting Of Teenage Trader By Police Premeditated – Falana by StaffofOrayan(m): 7:08am On Jul 04, 2021
Dikegodspower:
Una Don c as e de b na
When them are shot biafras Afonja and supporters of APC were celebrating.
Forgetting that this is Agnes nwanmma. E go touch everyone just a matter of time

Oga shut up already!
Re: Shooting Of Teenage Trader By Police Premeditated – Falana by illicit(m): 7:09am On Jul 04, 2021
The day any policeman shoot me and I die ehn...

Hmmmm

What I will do is inside me
Re: Shooting Of Teenage Trader By Police Premeditated – Falana by Tinubuadvocate: 7:12am On Jul 04, 2021
That's unprofessional at all. That girl deserve justice.
Re: Shooting Of Teenage Trader By Police Premeditated – Falana by GeeMeshin1(m): 7:20am On Jul 04, 2021
Tyranny + Injustice = x
Find x
Re: Shooting Of Teenage Trader By Police Premeditated – Falana by techWriter2: 8:15am On Jul 04, 2021
If you re a youngsters living in Nigeria don t get it twisted officers is not your pal
Re: Shooting Of Teenage Trader By Police Premeditated – Falana by Charmingrascal(m): 9:04am On Jul 04, 2021
ogbuefi677:

What are you even saying?
Because he defended Buhari he should not speak up when something bad happens.

Enough of all these "he supported Buhari, he defended Buhari" talks.
Because you supported some one at a certain point in life doesn't mean you can't chastise them when they do wrong or you can't speak up against them when they go haywire like Buhari is going now.

Hate him or love him Falana is a human right activist and he has done a lot for many people and antagonize this evil Buhari's government more than those that didn't "support" or "defend" Buhari.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Sporadic Shooting As Policemen Invade Alaba Int’l Market / 2023: El-rufai Opens Up On Contesting For Presidency, Jostling For VP / I Urge Chiwetalu Agu To Sue The Nigerian Army For Gross Violation Of His Rights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.