Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,406 members, 7,937,238 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 06:12 PM

CCT Scheme: FG Disburses N9.5bn To 142,000 Households In Katsina - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CCT Scheme: FG Disburses N9.5bn To 142,000 Households In Katsina (780 Views)

Conditional Cash Transfer: FG Disburses Cash To 15,768 Households In Anambra / Survival Fund: FG Disburses ₦57 Billion To 1 Million Nigerians, Businesses / FG Disburses ₦123.348bn Grants To States. Bayelsa, Imo, Rivers, Zamfara Get Zero (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CCT Scheme: FG Disburses N9.5bn To 142,000 Households In Katsina by Ababbio: 3:16pm On Jul 04, 2021
The Federal Government has so far disbursed N9.5 billion as conditional grants to 142,000 poor and vulnerable households in Katsina state, Newspremises reports.

Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Sadiya Umar-Farouk, disclosed this while distributing palm-top computers to 108 independent monitors of the social investment programme in Katsina on Sunday.

Umar-Farouk said the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), has given approval for the expansion of the Social Register to accommodate more poor and vulnerable Nigerians in the conditional cash transfer scheme.

The minister, represented by the Director, Information and Communication Technology, Malam Aminu Tukur, said Buhari anticipated lifting 100 million Nigerians out of poverty by 2030.

She tasked the independent monitors to work hand-in-hand with the state office of the National Social Investment Programme (NSIP), to ensure transparency in the implementation of the programme.

Special Adviser to the President on Social Investment Programmes, Mahmud Muhammad, said a total of 4,442 independent monitors have been engaged nationwide.

He said that each monitor would be paid a monthly stipend of N30,000 having been trained successfully on how to use the tablet application to locate each household and each beneficiary in their areas of assignments.

“With the new arrangement in place, the federal government expects more effective implementation of the programmes which more poor and vulnerable in the country will be captured,” he said.

The state focal person of NSIP, Alhaji AbdulQadir Nasir, urged officials of the programme to collaborate with the independent monitors to provide them with relevant data in the 34 Local Government Areas towards the success of the programme.

Source: https://newspremises.com.ng/cct-scheme-fg-disburses-n9-5bn-to-142000-households-in-katsina/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Dominique

Re: CCT Scheme: FG Disburses N9.5bn To 142,000 Households In Katsina by Plomo: 3:18pm On Jul 04, 2021
Lol who are the real beneficiaries of this scheme?
Re: CCT Scheme: FG Disburses N9.5bn To 142,000 Households In Katsina by Jostoman: 3:23pm On Jul 04, 2021
That was the reason why he is creating poverty in the Land.
Re: CCT Scheme: FG Disburses N9.5bn To 142,000 Households In Katsina by gambia(m): 3:27pm On Jul 04, 2021
Are this people normal at all? How does this lift people out of poverty, instead of providing security and jobs for them.

2 Likes

Re: CCT Scheme: FG Disburses N9.5bn To 142,000 Households In Katsina by vedaxcool(m): 3:39pm On Jul 04, 2021
Nigeria in times of high oil prices couldn't do this; under PMB, the poor are recieving support despite unsuitable oil prices and a myriad of challenges.
Re: CCT Scheme: FG Disburses N9.5bn To 142,000 Households In Katsina by CodeTemplar: 3:49pm On Jul 04, 2021
50k each. Poverty has been banished . . . lol.
Re: CCT Scheme: FG Disburses N9.5bn To 142,000 Households In Katsina by tempest01(m): 3:52pm On Jul 04, 2021
You people gave the country to illiterate tribal fuedalists to conquer.

How does sharing money to your tribe take people out of poverty?

The damage done to the country will manifest in few years. I pity the next president if he does not go on an expansive asset recovery program.

2 Likes

Re: CCT Scheme: FG Disburses N9.5bn To 142,000 Households In Katsina by CodeTemplar: 3:52pm On Jul 04, 2021
vedaxcool:
Nigeria in times of high oil prices couldn't do this; under PMB, the poor are recieving support despite unsuitable oil prices and a myriad of challenges.
All in exchange for a debt of over N200,000 per citizen. Who is scamming who here?
Re: CCT Scheme: FG Disburses N9.5bn To 142,000 Households In Katsina by CodeTemplar: 3:55pm On Jul 04, 2021
tempest01:

The damage done to the country will manifest in few years. I pity the next president if he does not go on an expansive asset recovery program.
so correct. Just look at osun under the current state gov to understand what 5 years from now may look like. Aregbesola has taken loans that will eat up the allocation for the next 20 years. He equally shared it and executed questionable projects like Buhari is doing.
Re: CCT Scheme: FG Disburses N9.5bn To 142,000 Households In Katsina by vedaxcool(m): 4:10pm On Jul 04, 2021
CodeTemplar:

All in exchange for a debt of over N200,000 per citizen. Who is scamming who here?

If Nigeria was properly managed during times of prosperity we won't be here talking about debt. Despite earning huge oil prices Nigeria was heavily indebted and poverty kepttl growing. PMB administration knows to make Nigeria work, poor and vulnerable households must be supported to escape poverty.

1 Like

Re: CCT Scheme: FG Disburses N9.5bn To 142,000 Households In Katsina by Blackfire(m): 4:11pm On Jul 04, 2021
What of Yoruba mooooslem in the SW

grin
Re: CCT Scheme: FG Disburses N9.5bn To 142,000 Households In Katsina by CodeTemplar: 4:15pm On Jul 04, 2021
vedaxcool:

If Nigeria was properly managed during times of prosperity we won't be here talking about debt. Despite earning huge oil prices Nigeria was heavily indebted and poverty kepttl growing. PMB administration knows to make Nigeria work, poor and vulnerable households must be supported to escape poverty.
So he was expecting crude savings to be kept for him all the while he was crying to cct for justice? I don't know who is wiser between you and Buhari. If he feels prices of crude is too low, let him sue OPEC now. Nonsense.
Re: CCT Scheme: FG Disburses N9.5bn To 142,000 Households In Katsina by vedaxcool(m): 4:15pm On Jul 04, 2021
[s]
tempest01:

[/s]

An average ipob is heavily and arrogantly ignorant, in the west social security which involves doling out money to the vulnerable is used. When the same thing is replicated in Nigeria it is stupid when it done in the west, the white man is a genius. Oh please give me a break.

Many beneficiaries in the scheme have used the money to improve their living.

Ipob prefers sharing the money amongst politicians to ensure shakunating of funds and crumbs coming their way. We say no, money must be used for development.
Re: CCT Scheme: FG Disburses N9.5bn To 142,000 Households In Katsina by Ventura1: 4:15pm On Jul 04, 2021
Has the shared fund eradicate poverty?
Re: CCT Scheme: FG Disburses N9.5bn To 142,000 Households In Katsina by Posotome: 4:15pm On Jul 04, 2021
they are creating poverty to impoverish the people so as to cash out big time and disburse peanuts to the masses

same also goes for bandits, terrorists and kidnappers,

after kidnapping you, then they will negotiate and collect their share

NIGERIA NA NATIONAL CAKE

STOP COMPLAINING

JOIN THEM , AND CUT YOUR SLICE

dont quote me, i no well
Re: CCT Scheme: FG Disburses N9.5bn To 142,000 Households In Katsina by vedaxcool(m): 4:19pm On Jul 04, 2021
[s]
CodeTemplar:
So he was expecting crude savings to be kept for him all the while he was crying to cct for justice? I don't know who is wiser between you and Buhari. If he feels prices of crude is too low, let him sue OPEC now. Nonsense.

[/s]

Your ignorance is disgracefully hilarious. At the bare minimum the thieves you support and worship were expected to manage the country well. Through out PDP reign of terror they never paid oil majors cash calls, under PMB he has consistently paid and cleared backlog. I know those who give you crumbs deny you the use of your intellect but ask yourself this why did your hero of thieves felt that one of his achievements was increase in the number of private jet (some of which cannot sustain such profligate life style) in country of vast poverty?
Re: CCT Scheme: FG Disburses N9.5bn To 142,000 Households In Katsina by padi94(m): 4:20pm On Jul 04, 2021
This Government has continued to drown Nigeriams in Poverty...
Re: CCT Scheme: FG Disburses N9.5bn To 142,000 Households In Katsina by courage89(m): 4:21pm On Jul 04, 2021
vedaxcool:

Keep deceiving yourself. The economic data are there for the informed, smart and wise to see and decode.
Re: CCT Scheme: FG Disburses N9.5bn To 142,000 Households In Katsina by CodeTemplar: 4:22pm On Jul 04, 2021
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

Your ignorance is disgracefully hilarious. At the bare minimum the thieves you support and worship were expected to manage the country well. Through out PDP reign of terror they never paid oil majors cash calls, under PMB he has consistently paid and cleared backlog. I know those who give you crumbs deny you the use of your intellect but ask yourself this why did your hero of thieves felt that one of his achievements was increase in the number of private jet (some of which cannot sustain such profligate life style) in country of vast poverty?
if I was a crumb taker like you falsely claimed I will be applauding you for your stupid talks.
Re: CCT Scheme: FG Disburses N9.5bn To 142,000 Households In Katsina by vedaxcool(m): 4:22pm On Jul 04, 2021
[s]
courage89:

Keep deceiving yourself. The economic data are there for the informed, smart and wise to see and decode.
[/s]

All to see why are you hiding it?
Re: CCT Scheme: FG Disburses N9.5bn To 142,000 Households In Katsina by funshint(m): 4:36pm On Jul 04, 2021
This people just sharing the country's wealth anyhow shocked
Re: CCT Scheme: FG Disburses N9.5bn To 142,000 Households In Katsina by vedaxcool(m): 4:41pm On Jul 04, 2021
[s]
CodeTemplar:
if I was a crumb taker like you false claimed I will be applauding you for your stupid talks.
[/s]

You know what you are. Your hero of thieves lost an election you began wishing evil upon your country and calling for its dismemberment. Why? Because crumbs no show face again.

PMB lost election 3 times and we kept faith and continue to pray for the best till he became president and we still remain patriots.
Re: CCT Scheme: FG Disburses N9.5bn To 142,000 Households In Katsina by tempest01(m): 7:55am On Jul 06, 2021
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

An average ipob is heavily and arrogantly ignorant, in the west social security which involves doling out money to the vulnerable is used. When the same thing is replicated in Nigeria it is stupid when it done in the west, the white man is a genius. Oh please give me a break.

Many beneficiaries in the scheme have used the money to improve their living.

Ipob prefers sharing the money amongst politicians to ensure shakunating of funds and crumbs coming their way. We say no, money must be used for development.

Your stupidity reeks. You just assume everyone making comments not favourable to your stipend masters is Igbo. As someone rooted in that your acclaimed west with social security, my social security is not a handout. I contribute to the employment insurance pool when i am earning. There are jobs i can always do even if it means it is minimum wage, it surpasses any social benefit claims.
My EI and SI is there as a back up. If things do not go right for some time, I can draw from the pool which i also contributed into. This is not about sharing money you ignorant buffoon.

We need jobs, human capacity investment, enabling environment and security. We will see how people lazying and recieving free handouts due to tribal affiliation will be productive.

(1) (Reply)

Ijele Of Africa / Scores Injured, Property Destroyed As Gunmen Seize Anambra Community / Fani-kayode Speaks On Dining With Pantami At Wedding Of Buhari’s Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.